Page « 1 2 3 ... 29 [3031 ... 57 58 59 » Quick go to page:
Author Topic: [F1] 2021 season 1741 replies
Ceapa Florin
(Group Amateur - 47)

Romania 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (2)
Old post #871 posted Sep 14th 2021, 21:39:29 Quote 

Quote ( Jasper Coosemans @ September 14th 2021,19:01:18 )

It was his one and only chance to stop it from happening so he said "I either pass him or take him out, both are good outcomes for me". There was no reason for him to back out, especially considering that penalties are very light.

Didn´t happen like that , no ;).. It was Horner that gave him the order through his radio :

"Eat!!" he said , and that was it ..

Quote ( Marcelo Ascencio @ September 13th 2021,19:22:31 )

fan boys only agree with their own thoughts.

Strong point ....said picture though... Champs should be smart , even the Gpro ones...

Jasper Coosemans1
(Group Elite)

Belgium 
Certified: 
Like this post (3)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #872 posted Sep 14th 2021, 21:43:32 (last edited Sep 14th 2021, 21:45:16 by Jasper Coosemans) Quote 
If you think it's too far-fetched... anyone with a gamer brain makes this kind of split-second calculations the entire time. This was a low-speed corner (contrary to the Silverstone crash), there was more than enough time to evaluate the risk-reward balance and see that there was in fact no risk at all, because there was nothing to lose.
Ceapa Florin
(Group Amateur - 47)

Romania 
Certified: 
Old post #873 posted Sep 14th 2021, 21:47:31 Quote 
Quote ( Jasper Coosemans @ September 14th 2021,21:43:32 )

split-second calculations

do you mean that one in which you jump into the sausage kerb , then come back into the left rear of a moving car and take off as my sweet Nadia Comaneci used to ???

fuck my brain , I wanna try it at home !!
Jasper Coosemans1
(Group Elite)

Belgium 
Certified: 
Like this post (5)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #874 posted Sep 14th 2021, 21:50:52 (last edited Sep 14th 2021, 21:52:28 by Jasper Coosemans) Quote 
No, even without sausage kerb he would have collected Hamilton and shoved him into the gravel. Or passed him. Either way, he gained.
Ceapa Florin
(Group Amateur - 47)

Romania 
Certified: 
Old post #875 posted Sep 14th 2021, 21:52:53 (last edited Sep 14th 2021, 22:11:48 by Florin Ceapa) Quote 
Quote ( Jasper Coosemans @ September 14th 2021,21:50:52 )

No, even without sausage kerb he would have collected Hamilton and shoved him into the gravel.

Thank you , Doctor Strange (edit: for running all the possible scenarios ;) )
Marius Ruţa
(Group Retired)

Romania 
Certified: 
Old post #876 posted Sep 14th 2021, 21:54:37 Quote 
It's been almost 3 days and you're still arguing about the incident... Save your energy, there'll be at least one more until the end of the season.
Ceapa Florin
(Group Amateur - 47)

Romania 
Certified: 
Old post #877 posted Sep 14th 2021, 22:00:23 (last edited Sep 14th 2021, 22:01:05 by Florin Ceapa) Quote 
Quote ( Marius Ruţa @ September 14th 2021,21:54:37 )

It's been almost 3 days and you're still arguing about the incident..

don´t know what you´ talking about....no arguments here !! it´s full of experts
Ricardo Antunes
(Group Amateur - 28)

Portugal 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #878 posted Sep 14th 2021, 22:03:17 Quote 
Quote ( Marius Ruţa @ September 14th 2021,21:54:37 )

It's been almost 3 days and you're still arguing about the incident... Save your energy, there'll be at least one more until the end of the season.

We could start talking about the crash they will have in the Brazilian GP... i heard it will be a nasty one...
Ceapa Florin
(Group Amateur - 47)

Romania 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (3)
Old post #879 posted Sep 14th 2021, 22:07:14 Quote 
Quote ( Ricardo Antunes @ September 14th 2021,22:03:17 )

We could start talking about the crash they will have in the Brazilian GP... i heard it will be a nasty one...

You´re way up ahead ....with that 3 places penalty Max will use Ham´s tow at Sochi GP start to come and murder his neck again
Paul Bright
(Group Amateur - 78)

Scotland 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #880 posted Sep 14th 2021, 23:17:59 Quote 
Quote ( Ceapa Florin @ September 14th 2021,22:07:14 )

Max will use Ham´s tow at Sochi GP start to come and murder his neck again

Because spinal injuries are hilarious? Jeez! :(
Ceapa Florin
(Group Amateur - 47)

Romania 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (3)
Old post #881 posted Sep 15th 2021, 00:15:49 (last edited Sep 15th 2021, 00:19:06 by Florin Ceapa) Quote 
Quote ( Paul Bright @ September 14th 2021,23:17:59 )

Because spinal injuries are hilarious? Jeez! :(

Don’t use that trolling part of our chat to put words into my mouth, Paul … ask Doctor Strange above , he’s the one running the facts/scenarios around here ( he’s got some of Ham’s fanboys Support too) …

hilarious is the way you guys are challenging yourself to criticize a trolling invitation from Ricardo that I have accepted … makes you look smart again after failing to provide arguments during our objective chat we had before about experts and expertises

… and that “Jeez!” at the end…. What shall I say to you ? Is it worth it ? Let’s leave it so , I‘ve seen too many sick characters and gamer brains around here all day long … let’s not make it personal cause we can’t follow a text or control our own frustrations or whatever

Have a chill night :) 🍋

James Berriman
(Group Pro - 17)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (3)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #882 posted Sep 15th 2021, 10:31:08 Quote 
Quote ( Ceapa Florin @ September 15th 2021,00:15:49 )

trolling

rather than the subject in discussion,,
he fills his contributions with labels/attacks for guys trying to take part in the discussion,,
like - Experts, bullshits, doctor strange,, sick characters, gamer brains, fanboys,, PATHETIC BELIEFS !! (WOW)

let’s not make it personal

quite right chap, glad you got there in the end, best of luck sticking with it..

hilarious is the way you guys are challenging yourself to criticize a trolling invitation from Ricardo that I have accepted

must of missed this, whatever it is???, sorry was trying to discuss F1 2021,, and yes F1 2021 is likely far more interesting anyway.
Ceapa Florin
(Group Amateur - 47)

Romania 
Certified: 
Old post #883 posted Sep 15th 2021, 13:30:29 (last edited Sep 15th 2021, 13:49:14 by Florin Ceapa) Quote 
Quote ( James Berriman @ September 15th 2021,10:31:08 )

rather than the subject in discussion,,

, sorry was trying to discuss F1 2021,, and yes F1 2021 is likely far more interesting anyway.

Starting with Sudeep´s post when he brought all the "FACTS" and put them on the table , training people how to form an opinion around here , there was less and less F1 debate untill it all ended up with the true story that only people with avengers abilities have managed to sum up for us.

he fills his contributions with labels/attacks for guys trying to take part in the discussion,,

like - Experts, bullshits, doctor strange,, sick characters, gamer brains, fanboys,,

gamer brain is not my trademark ;) ... the rest came all naturally , considering the bases created before I attended this subject :

Quote ( James Berriman @ September 13th 2021,02:01:17 )

Horner & Max both so scripted after the race, dirty gits,,

It´s my choice if I wanna´ defend a public person´s image from you (not just you) drawing a false profile based on your own bias ... learn to accept it

oh and yes!! this:

Quote ( James Berriman @ September 13th 2021,12:07:54 )

Simply put: Verstappen has spent his career expecting others to move out of his way

that´s still bullshit , my dear Expert

PATHETIC BELIEFS !! (WOW)

that´s not even a label... I may not be a native when it comes to language but pathetic comes from the "pathos" and implies strong beliefs out of pure love , so if Sudeep feels so strong for Ham then my only objection is him being able to state facts concerning this clash between 2 brilliant drivers...

quite right chap, glad you got there in the end, best of luck sticking with it..

It´s Paul´s bet , after losing his arguments about drivers opinions vs expert opinions, but it won´t happen as far as it concerns me ...nice of you to defend him, good free choice you´ve opted for , just like I did regarding Max´s behavior

must of missed this, whatever it is???, sorry was trying to discuss F1 2021

no problem , I´ll help you.... see, right above my post that you didn´t miss, there is Ricardo´s post #878 , who brought again his popcorn , but didn´t mention so he will not have to share it , who´s been hearing news about other clashes that´s worth commenting on ... I just gave him a tip, maybe it´s worth checking it out for his news show, or just for that popcorn´s taste

Paul used that out of any possible objectiveness line of mine , to complete a miserable profile of my own ... End of it , no actions followed as I explained above, making it personal will kill all the fun, it´s not worth it

At the end ,I´d say we will probably manage to add some quality to our debates once the next race is over...For the moment , Jasper´s avengers abilities made it short and convenient and while no other part of the community thinks he should at least add a "maybe" before all that , then "it is what it is"... funny to see me quoting that , I wonder what´s on a young´s top driver mind , left all alone in front of his career fight , by any help from his team mate and even mechanical team sometimes ... Tough job for Horner , indeed ... shall he teach him some manners or use his stubbornness into one of his advantages, when and for which lesson exactly would it be the right time ?...that´s what an expert does, in the end ... they always look to see the whole picture ;)
James Berriman
(Group Pro - 17)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (2)
Old post #884 posted Sep 15th 2021, 13:56:56 (last edited Sep 15th 2021, 14:07:11 by James Berriman) Quote 
Quote ( Ceapa Florin @ September 15th 2021,13:30:29 )

Tough job for Horner , indeed ... shall he teach him some manners or use his stubbornness into one of his advantages..

so you agree, but argue the opposite?

yes a tough job, pushing every marginal gain to the limit (as every F1 chief is trying)
shame he knowingly endangers others, and lies through his teeth about it...

I mean lets not get started on the whole flexi wing thing,,, not that I remember the outcome?? or maybe it all just went hush hush, as some subjects often do in F1..

or indeed the 2021 cut back floor regulations that are probably more responsible for Max's tittle challenge than himself :P lol
Andrew Wilden
(Group Rookie - 144)

Australia 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #885 posted Sep 15th 2021, 13:58:24 (last edited Sep 15th 2021, 14:01:12 by Andrew Wilden) Quote 
Quote ( Ceapa Florin @ September 14th 2021,22:07:14 )

Quote ( Ricardo Antunes @ September 14th 2021,22:03:17 )

You´re way up ahead ....with that 3 places penalty Max will use Ham´s tow at Sochi GP start to come and murder his neck again

Ceapa
You are such a dickhead to even think of something like this, let alone post it in a public forum.
Maybe you need to GROW UP, OR SHUTUP.
Ceapa Florin
(Group Amateur - 47)

Romania 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #886 posted Sep 15th 2021, 14:18:47 (last edited Sep 15th 2021, 14:27:26 by Florin Ceapa) Quote 
Quote ( James Berriman @ September 15th 2021,13:56:56 )

you´re missing quite a few things , lately , that´s why we can´t move on with our debate....I said that way before this line;)

Also about Ham , Vettel , Alonso and the rest ....they are all stubborn , it´s the whole picture we disagree on ..read Floris comments again , he said it plain and simple , Roy Mitchel too....although you disagreed....that means we´re still arguing , no agreements reached ;)

or indeed the 2021 cut back floor regulations that are probably more responsible for Max's tittle challenge than himself :P lol

aren´t regulations responsible for the Mercedes dominance , starting the new hybrid era ?

shame he knowingly endangers others, and lies through his teeth about it...

you might be missing lots of details when you say that , but that´s your opinion

Quote ( Andrew Wilden @ September 15th 2021,13:58:24 )

Ceapa

You are such a dickhead to even think of something like this, let alone post it in a public forum.

Maybe you need to GROW UP, OR SHUTUP.

See you in ten years , glad you kept it short
Marius Ruţa
(Group Retired)

Romania 
Certified: 
Like this post (5)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #887 posted Sep 15th 2021, 14:29:45 (last edited Sep 15th 2021, 14:30:22 by Marius Ruţa) Quote 
Quote ( Ceapa Florin @ September 15th 2021,14:18:47 )

you´re missing quite a few things , lately , that´s why we can´t move on with our debate....I said that way before this line;)

Also about Ham , Vettel , Alonso and the rest ....they are all stubborn , it´s the whole picture we disagree on ..read Floris comments again , he said it plain and simple

The difference is Hamilton, Vettel, Alonso, Raikkonen are pretty fair and clean when it comes to wheel-to-wheel racing. They may have pushed the limits or had their isolated incidents, but Max has a history of putting fellow drivers to choose between crashing or yielding. Hamilton probably the first that doesn't let things go his way and they've already crashed twice in the space of a few races. There's being a hard racer, and there's being reckless, and Max leans towards the latter.
Ceapa Florin
(Group Amateur - 47)

Romania 
Certified: 
Old post #888 posted Sep 15th 2021, 14:42:56 (last edited Sep 15th 2021, 14:43:51 by Florin Ceapa) Quote 
Quote ( Marius Ruţa @ September 15th 2021,14:29:45 )

The difference is Hamilton, Vettel, Alonso, Raikkonen are pretty fair and clean when it comes to wheel-to-wheel racing. They may have pushed the limits or had their isolated incidents, but Max has a history of putting fellow drivers to choose between crashing or yielding. Hamilton probably the first that doesn't let things go his way and they've already crashed twice in the space of a few races. There's being a hard racer, and there's being reckless, and Max leans towards the latter.

Got your point Marius , I´ll stick with what Roy and Floris said already

Ham´s the supreme , there are no arguments against that , his experience is huge and his title preparations are the same ...whoever challenges him , he´ll be there , no doubt about that... he will use all his knowledge to make it happen

Ham will always be able to understeer when he´s not actually understeering , if you ask me...that´s how big he is , impressive .... but that´s got nothing to do with fair play , not always ...and maybe it shouldn´t ...I´m all bored seeing Ham for so many years in a row playing the gentleman role in a car that allowed him to get a new chance to overtake a few turns later...
Montes Dimemola
(Group Pro - 22)

Romania 
Certified: 
Old post #889 posted Sep 15th 2021, 14:48:16 Quote 
Quote ( Ceapa Florin @ September 15th 2021,13:30:29 )

that´s not even a label... I may not be a native when it comes to language but pathetic comes from the "pathos" and implies strong beliefs out of pure love , so if Sudeep feels so strong for Ham then my only objection is him being able to state facts concerning this clash between 2 brilliant drivers...

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/pathetic

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/pathetic

(facepalm)
Ceapa Florin
(Group Amateur - 47)

Romania 
Certified: 
Old post #890 posted Sep 15th 2021, 15:01:22 (last edited Sep 15th 2021, 15:01:50 by Florin Ceapa) Quote 
Sorry smart guy , I only know the D.E.X definition :

PATÉTIC, -Ă, patetici, -ce, adj. 1. Plin de patos, care emoționează, impresionează, înduioșează; plin de emfază, de afectare.

That’s exactly how I felt about Sudeep’ s beliefs … though I still can’t submit to them as he wished for
Luke Frost
(Group Pro - 20)

Australia 
Certified: 
Like this post (4)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #891 posted Sep 15th 2021, 15:03:04 Quote 
Some people are really looking silly in here lol...
Josh Clark
(Group Master - 4)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #892 posted Sep 15th 2021, 15:13:36 (last edited Sep 15th 2021, 15:13:49 by Josh Clark) Quote 
Quote ( Luke Frost @ September 15th 2021,15:03:04 )

:D

The Schumacher documentary dropped today so you all can have something else to watch on repeat instead of bad overtakes.
Ricardo Antunes
(Group Amateur - 28)

Portugal 
Certified: 
Old post #893 posted Sep 15th 2021, 15:20:31 Quote 
Quote ( Luke Frost @ September 15th 2021,15:03:04 )

Boring conversation i would say, doesnt even make me reach for my popcorn.
Niels Van Heijster
(Group Amateur - 9)

Netherlands 
Certified: 
Like this post (4)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #894 posted Sep 15th 2021, 15:35:45 (last edited Sep 15th 2021, 15:36:03 by Niels Van Heijster) Quote 
Allow me an honest try to defuse all the toxicity in this thread meanwhile ...

First, whether you are backing HAM or VER or any other driver, it's your prerogative and you are fine sticking with you choice. This in itself will never offend me, nor should it offend anybody else.

The F1 2021 season is heated, starring two great drivers. HAM has proven it over and over again racking up his World Titles. Which ever way you look at his CV, he has done great and his achievements stand and should vouch for a certain level of respect by all race fans! VER meanwhile is not that young gun anymore. He brought liveliness to the tracks and for many F1 has come back to live again once he started mixing in more and more every season. He's had some great performances in the past, and did some awesome overtakes that left all or at least most of us in awe. Whether or not you support one or the other, both are now seen as the top dogs on the 2021 grid.

Throughout F1 history there have been great battles between the greatest in F1. Many have clashed and many battles were fought of and on track. To a certain extend, I hope this will forever be the case, albeit this is only good fun when injuries are not in the equation! As we are all caught up in this heated discussion, all I can say is that we are all sort of thrilled with the action on track this season. It's gripping us and we are very much looking forward to upcoming races!

I would want to suggest a few things to keep in mind to keep this and other GPRO threads at a level in which open communication is and will remain to be possible;

1 | When things like the Silverstone a/o the Monza crash happen, there's always at least two involved and most likely at least partly to blame. The stewards decided against HAM in Silverstone and against VER in Monza. Like it or not, that's how it is!

2 | Please keep in mind that whenever you have a favorite on the grid, your views and perception will ALWAYS be colored towards your favorite. It's good to defend any case in his name, but don't think he is always in the right. Learn to embrace the fact that also your favorite may make mistakes, and own them.

3 | Perceptions of which driver is what sort of a driver, are again colored by choice of your favorite. Every incident has it's own merits and should be looked upon as such. Relentless referring to the past without any show of how things may have improved over time, is bypassing any growth that is achieved in the meantime. Hence such remarks by default are off

4 | Name calling like Crashtappen, Crymilton, and the many likes, do not add to any discussion. The same goes for all references towards the past as if there was no learning curve absolved. It just inflames discussions for no particular reason. If you like an open discussion, show some respect to these great drivers and to our peers here in GPRO and just refrain from using such.

@Silverstone, VER hit the wall at 51G and visited the hospital for a check-up. Not something to shrug off easily and if it wasn't for current safety standards, we all would have been feeling differently ever since. HAM was blamed and penalized a 10s time penalty. HAM was told VER was OK, and he stated he didn't know of VER's visit to hospital for a check-up.
@Monza, HAM's helmet was visited by gripping rubber causing at least some "discomfort" to his neck. VER was penalized 3 grid positions. While VER walked away, clearly HAM was trying to dig himself out to continue his way therefor indicating he was ok at the time.
> One could easily argue that in both cases, these gladiators could have done better towards the other! There is no point is making the one or the other bigger than is, while trying to minimize the other incident. Both could have had a very different outcome less than 10 yrs ago ... Let's just leave it there ...

In both cases, the driver was hurt/injured/bruised to say the least. One is no worse than the other (if you will), we all should be happy with current FIA safety standards, and as a result both of them were able to walk away. Ask the many former F1 gladiators that were unable to walk away, and died while driving fast ... Obviously, having a 750kg car landing on your helmet isn't funny, but neither is hitting a wall at 51G! Whether you are pro or con, according to the stewards, the HAM vs VER score is at 1-1 currently. Let's hope this score will not go up any further!

The way forward for me to keep discussing things, would be to do so in all fairness and keeping in mind others POV. It would also help to stick to the new incident, rather then to backtrack to all previous incidents. You may not like that view, but everyone is entitled to their own. As long as discussions have valid points without exaggerations or sneers under the belt, it will be a lot better discussing things.

I sincerely hope that like me, many of us in here do not like the tone of discussion of late. Things have gone beyond the limits of healthy discussing the sport we all love more or less. So maybe it's time to step away from this thread for a bit, let us all cool down again. When next race is up, let's reconvene is a more civilized manor ;)

I probably missed a point or two here, spare me. I'm pretty much done with the toxicity in here, including my own off-days ...
Jun Ho
(Group Amateur - 52)

Hong Kong 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #895 posted Sep 15th 2021, 15:39:26 Quote 
So, who is winning the Russian GP? :)
Niels Van Heijster
(Group Amateur - 9)

Netherlands 
Certified: 
Like this post (3)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #896 posted Sep 15th 2021, 15:42:43 Quote 
I'd say it's about time Norris drives one home ;)
Marius Ruţa
(Group Retired)

Romania 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #897 posted Sep 15th 2021, 15:53:31 Quote 
Quote ( Jun Ho @ September 15th 2021,15:39:26 )

Bottas. :D
James Berriman
(Group Pro - 17)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #898 posted Sep 15th 2021, 15:57:59 Quote 
Quote ( Ceapa Florin @ September 15th 2021,14:42:56 )

I´m all bored seeing Ham for so many years in a row playing the gentleman role in a car that allowed him to get a new chance to overtake a few turns later...

I lost some interest ( not much ) during the Schummie era of COMPLETE dominance,, but Hamilton era has been far more entertaining and actually had some decent competition too for him, and throughout the grid.
Ferrari's team number 1 driver thing was very poor!! and I am still gutted for Mark Webber for the way he was treated at Redbull... 100% believe he could of had at least 1 of Vettel's tittles.

you do highlight a good point here though, Ceapa,, Max's car has allowed for that gentlemanly attitude all season ( even vs other cars than Ham ) no sign of it yet though ;P

When you read back the comments about the weaving in the braking zone,, it leaves the impression it was a problem throughout his lower formula days too..

Quote ( Ceapa Florin @ September 15th 2021,14:18:47 )

aren´t regulations responsible for the Mercedes dominance , starting the new hybrid era ?

No these floor restrictions were hastily brought in to try and allow the cars to follow easier this season:/
killed a load of Merc & Force india/Jordan/Pink point/Team Stroll:P whatever they're called floor downforce

the 2014 regs were planned for many seasons before, Mercedes smashed it due to their position at the time of clarification and agreement,, the other big teams remained focused on the Championships in front of them.. It was well documented Merc were pumping all their apples for 2014,, and Lauda and Ham played the championship car musical chairs to perfection :D

Ricardo Antunes
(Group Amateur - 28)

Portugal 
Certified: 
Old post #899 posted Sep 15th 2021, 16:03:17 Quote 
Quote ( Niels Van Heijster @ September 15th 2021,15:42:43 )

I'd say it's about time Norris drives one home ;)

Can we get Ricciardo again? I haven't picked him for F1 OBR yet xD
Luke Frost
(Group Pro - 20)

Australia 
Certified: 
Like this post (4)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #900 posted Sep 15th 2021, 16:22:45 Quote 
Quote ( Jun Ho @ September 15th 2021,15:39:26 )

Amazingpin surely.

- a Briton won in Britain
- a Dutchman won in Netherlands
- a part Italian driver won in Italy
- the next is a foregone conclusion. Mazepin will win in Russia.
Page « 1 2 3 ... 29 [3031 ... 57 58 59 » Quick go to page:

Reply to this topic