Page [1
Author Topic: Overall Success 14 replies
Pedro Ramello
(Group Rookie - 51)

Brazil 
Certified: 
Old post #1 posted Dec 21st 2020, 20:09:29 Quote 
I just dont understand how to have success in this game, i have slowly upgraded my driver my team my car and my facilities yet some how some way i always qualify terribly and finish terribly. can any one help me on what i need to do or what i might be doing wrong ? really enjoy this game so just want to finally see results. feel like I'm the manager of Haas lol thanks
Jun Ho
(Group Amateur - 78)

Hong Kong 
Certified: 
Like this post (5)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #2 posted Dec 21st 2020, 20:17:54 (last edited Dec 21st 2020, 20:18:29 by Jun Ho) Quote 
Hi Pedro, glad to hear that you are enjoying the game! There are multiple things that could affect your racing. Your driver's stats will most likely be one of those factors. The track statistics are also important in what car you should be using. Other things will also include how the car is setup during qualifying and racing, the temp and humidity of the races itself and many other factors. My advice to you when you are in Rookie is to not focus on your facilities at all. Just focus on stats and what stat affects which part of racing.

You will also be able to request help from your foreign language forum here: /gb/forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=524#scroll Many people will be able to help you on there.

Lastly, if you are still stuck, you may request a mentor should you wish, although given your manager history, that might not be possible anymore.

Hope you have fun, and if you have any more questions, just give me a PM and I will try to help as much as I can! :)
Ali İhsan Umutlu
(Group Amateur - 11)

Turkey 
Certified: 
Like this post (4)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #3 posted Dec 21st 2020, 20:18:22 Quote 
/gb/forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=20521#scroll

Follow this thread.

Adonijah Kenneth
(Group Amateur - 86)

Philippines 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #4 posted Dec 22nd 2020, 04:45:27 Quote 
look for someone to Mentor you... this is a"Find Out By Yourself" kind of game... dont just be satisfied with what the game,s Wiki and all of the infos you can read here: /gb/Help.asp
try searching the the internet for "GPRO Strategy" too ... or even youtube... there could be treasures in there..
MG van Rensburg
(Group Pro - 2)

South Africa 
Certified: 
Old post #5 posted Dec 22nd 2020, 05:36:28 Quote 
The sheer amount of data vailable is staggering, it just takes a little tinkering outside the proverbial box which is what I love most about the game.

For example:
You can actually see the race summary of all races, from all groups, even ones you werent around for.
There is a history tab where you can see the final season standings for all groups, for all seasons, even seasons you werent around for.
And you can even look at managers profiles, including their driver history....

Have fun down the rabbithole.

Oh, and the mentor forum, as others have suggested.
Johan Swanepoel
(Group Amateur - 13)

South Africa 
Certified: 
Old post #6 posted Dec 22nd 2020, 06:54:01 Quote 
Hi Pedro,
Your patience should be rewarded.
All the managers above have given good advice. I just want to suggest that you might join a team. You will get lots of support and advice from your experienced team mates.
Stick with it!
Toni Kazanjyan
(Group Pro - 3)

Armenia 
Certified: 
Old post #7 posted Dec 22nd 2020, 07:29:15 Quote 
HI Pedro , i was in your situation, for many seasons, till i posted something in the forum and the community here , helped me moving on . from being Rookie anymore.
i believe the main advices were very simple.

if you read carefully the instructions for Rookies.
i says please don’t promote with car level one .
please don’t use risk more than 40 .

that should give you enough insight to know : it is not necessary
to do all what you were doing so far .

it is all about finding good driver.
considering that overall is 85 .
and all attributes are important.
then you need to find something moderate.

wish you good luck
Adrian Zanoli
(Group Rookie - 117)

Italy 
Certified: 
Old post #8 posted Dec 22nd 2020, 09:19:09 Quote 
Looks like U have a very bad setup or a bad fuel/tyres strategy... A team can help U to solve those kind of problems. Remember, in rookie, having expensive driver/staff/facilities is not essential, and even with a slow car U can still manage to score good points.
Lauren Earnest
(Group Amateur - 63)

Luxembourg 
Certified: 
Old post #9 posted Dec 22nd 2020, 19:19:10 Quote 
one good friend, very easy to have in this game and around the forum

i believe you are on the right path ..
Matías Alloatti
(Group Amateur - 83)

Argentina 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #10 posted Dec 23rd 2020, 17:18:35 (last edited Dec 23rd 2020, 17:18:55 by Matías Alloatti) Quote 
This is a piece of advice I was told and I think it's quite useful.

See who are the fastest managers in your group. Click them, go to their profiles and click on their drivers. Their drivers skills are unknown of course, but you can click on Add driver to shortlist.

Now you will have their drivers in your shortlist so you can follow them. As soon as they contracts run out, they will be put in the market and their skills will be revealed in your shortlist. Take notes of their skills, that should help you to discover the most important skills for rookie drivers.

You can do this even with managers from other groups.
Tymoteusz Wojnarowski
(Group Amateur - 76)

Poland 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #11 posted Mar 16th 2021, 19:25:06 Quote 
hellooooo
Kevin Parkinson
(Group Rookie - 150)

GPRO Crew
Scotland 
Certified: 
Like this post (5)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #12 posted Mar 16th 2021, 19:25:44 Quote 
Quote ( Tymoteusz Wojnarowski @ March 16th 2021,19:25:06 )

hellooooo

Is it me you're looking for?
Ricardo Antunes
(Group Pro - 18)

Portugal 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #13 posted Mar 16th 2021, 19:26:53 Quote 
Quote ( Kevin Parkinson @ March 16th 2021,19:25:44 )

Quote ( Tymoteusz Wojnarowski @ March 16th 2021,19:25:06 )

hellooooo

Music points awarded!
Tymoteusz Wojnarowski
(Group Amateur - 76)

Poland 
Certified: 
Old post #14 posted Mar 16th 2021, 19:44:15 Quote 
Been there, done that. I have almost twice as many races as you do. And this season is the first time that I am actually feeling a bit successful. So far it was always do well in Rookie, do absolutely terrible in Amateur, and go back to rookie. Here is my story from the last time I was in Amateur:
/pl/forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=29731&PostId=4638003#post4638003

This season I am 9th in Amateur, and it feels a bit like a dream, but what I can tell you is that you need to put more focus on data. And also change your mindset. Because it might not be that you are doing really bad, you might be doing good, just others are doing better. Also looking at your history, there is always a lot of negative balance. So you definitely need to put more focus on collecting and analyzing data, both for races, for car, and for your finances. Even a tiny change in attitude towards car upgrades meant for me, that I finished the previous season with ~51 mil in the bank, instead of the usual below ~20 mil.

Daryl Gee
(Group Amateur - 83)

South Africa 
Certified: 
Old post #15 posted Mar 16th 2021, 21:10:27 Quote 
Quote ( Kevin Parkinson @ March 16th 2021,19:25:44 )

I long to see the sunlight in your...

Never mind.
Page [1

Reply to this topic