Page [1
Author Topic: new interface 24 replies
Stephane Verly
(Group Amateur - 43)

Belgium 
Certified: 
Like this post (8)   Dislike this post (9)
Old post #1 posted Feb 23rd 2021, 17:28:41 Quote 
I see so much newbies that come one time and directly leave from Gpro before one single race.

Imo, the interface is complicated and not funny at all. it makes new managers running away.

there's less managers every seasons, and i think it's warning time for the future of gpro. house is burning!!

if we don't want the death of the game, won't it be good to change the look of the interface?

i have some ideas for a funny and easier interface, and i'm sure i'm not the only one.

that's just my opinion, i know that's serious work to modify it , but i really think that'd be a productive work. and i'm ready to work on it if needed.
David Evans
(Group Amateur - 1)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (16)   Dislike this post (6)
Old post #2 posted Feb 23rd 2021, 17:31:33 Quote 
Interface is perfectly fine. Everything is easy to navigate and made obvious.

Not sure how making it funny or maybe you mean fun would make any difference.

The fun is in learning how to be good and seeing progress on Raceday.

Those that aren't willing to give it the time it requires aren't worthy of the game in the first place.
Stephane Verly
(Group Amateur - 43)

Belgium 
Certified: 
Like this post (6)   Dislike this post (2)
Old post #3 posted Feb 23rd 2021, 17:33:02 Quote 

Quote ( David Evans @ February 23rd 2021,17:31:33 )

Interface is perfectly fine. Everything is easy to navigate and made obvious.

Not sure how making it funny or maybe you mean fun would make any difference.

The fun is in learning how to be good and seeing progress on Raceday.

Those that aren't willing to give it the time it requires aren't worthy of the game in the first place.

if you want new managers willing to learn, you need a good first sight.

Niels Van Heijster
(Group Amateur - 9)

Netherlands 
Certified: 
Like this post (3)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #4 posted Feb 23rd 2021, 17:37:29 Quote 
Quote ( Stephane Verly @ February 23rd 2021,17:28:41 )

i have some ideas for a funny and easier interface, and i'm sure i'm not the only one.

Do you have some designs to make your case ... ?
Stephane Verly
(Group Amateur - 43)

Belgium 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (4)
Old post #5 posted Feb 23rd 2021, 17:46:12 Quote 
Quote ( Niels Van Heijster @ February 23rd 2021,17:37:29 )

Quote ( Stephane Verly @ February 23rd 2021,17:28:41 )

Do you have some designs to make your case ... ?

i'm unfortunately not a designer, i think a main office with less text and more secondary offices separating car- staff- results and others stuffs would be clearler.

Luke Frost
(Group Amateur - 88)

Australia 
Certified: 
Like this post (6)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #6 posted Feb 23rd 2021, 18:06:01 (last edited Feb 23rd 2021, 18:06:44 by Luke Frost) Quote 
What you describe is an extremely common scenario in just about every hobby in the online world, whether it's management games like this, or apps. The majority of people who find it are interested, then they join. They log out, and 90% wont come back.

It's not really about interface. Actually with the newbie tutorial, the interface for new players is very good now. The mentor program could be evolved a bit to help the retention rate, but overall the interface is ok. IMO.
Fran Martos
(Group Rookie - 31)

Spain 
Certified: 
Like this post (3)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #7 posted Feb 23rd 2021, 18:08:27 Quote 
Quote ( Luke Frost @ February 23rd 2021,18:06:01 )

What you describe is an extremely common scenario in just about every hobby in the online world, whether it's management games like this, or apps. The majority of people who find it are interested, then they join. They log out, and 90% wont come back.

It's not really about interface. Actually with the newbie tutorial, the interface for new players is very good now. The mentor program could be evolved a bit to help the retention rate, but overall the interface is ok. IMO.

That's exactly what I think; mentoring program can be improved, but the rest is good as it is.
Mick Brownhill
(Group Amateur - 64)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #8 posted Feb 23rd 2021, 18:42:23 Quote 
As someone in his 2nd year I wonder if joining a team could be free or paid for by the admin. Or perhaps a free designer helmet. As for the mentorship, I decided not to be involved because of a lack of knowledge and understanding of the system. Fortunately, I was able to join a good team.
Perhaps a tutorial allowing new managers who have not yet joined where they can actually set up and race just once to get the feel of the game.
Andrew Jones
(Group Rookie - 144)

Australia 
Certified: 
Old post #9 posted Feb 23rd 2021, 18:46:05 Quote 
i think making it easier to get sponsors would be improvement. i always struggle to have more than one at a time, the negotiations seem to take to long etc. ty
Alexander Kleinbaum
(Group Rookie - 26)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #10 posted Feb 23rd 2021, 18:46:07 Quote 
Quote ( Fran Martos @ February 23rd 2021,18:08:27 )

That's exactly what I think; mentoring program can be improved, but the rest is good as it is.
that can be fixed easily -- get rid of @Mike Bennett! Simple as that!

David Evans
(Group Amateur - 1)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #11 posted Feb 23rd 2021, 18:51:37 Quote 
Quote ( Alexander Kleinbaum @ February 23rd 2021,18:46:07 )

Quote ( Fran Martos @ February 23rd 2021,18:08:27 )

that can be fixed easily -- get rid of @Mike Bennett! Simple as that!

SHOTS FIRED!!!!
Keri Lovell
(Group Rookie - 5)

Wales 
Certified: 
Old post #12 posted Feb 23rd 2021, 18:58:11 (last edited Feb 23rd 2021, 18:58:19 by Keri Lovell) Quote 
I actually think the 'everything on one page' works way better than other games I've played.

When you have a 'main office' screen and you have to try and remember which section everything is in it can be a real pain.

At least here, everything you need in the game is right there with a link to it. I much prefer that.

Richard Robin Paukson
(Group Amateur - 57)

Estonia 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #13 posted Feb 23rd 2021, 19:05:56 (last edited Feb 23rd 2021, 19:06:50 by Richard Robin Paukson) Quote 
Quote ( Keri Lovell @ February 23rd 2021,18:58:11 )

I actually think the 'everything on one page' works way better than other games I've played.

When you have a 'main office' screen and you have to try and remember which section everything is in it can be a real pain.

At least here, everything you need in the game is right there with a link to it. I much prefer that.

I fully agree. It's really good to have everything on one page. And in the unlikely event that you do get lost on this site, it's really helpful that you can go back to the main office quickly. The interface is fine in my opinion.
Tibor Szuromi
(Group Amateur - 4)

Hungary 
Certified: 
Old post #14 posted Feb 23rd 2021, 19:14:32 Quote 
That shouldn't be ruined. Very good that way.
Alan Snyder
(Group Amateur - 4)

United States 
Certified: 
Like this post (3)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #15 posted Feb 23rd 2021, 22:20:20 Quote 
My opinion...

GPRO isn't a game designed for the "video game" enthusiasts; never was, nor will it be. GPRO is for thinkers, strategists and those willing to develop the skills required to be successful in the game. I've watched this game evolve, since 2011. GPRO is better than ever, and is gradually getting better.

If you mean that the game needs more "fun" in the form of a visual redesign, I think the GPRO staff is gradually doing that, as well.
Cameron Halsall
(Group Amateur - 25)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #16 posted Feb 23rd 2021, 22:22:30 Quote 
I don't really have any problems with the asthetics, but certainly in terms of ergonomics the sitemap could be more efficient.
Tibor Szuromi
(Group Amateur - 4)

Hungary 
Certified: 
Old post #17 posted Feb 23rd 2021, 22:25:06 Quote 
Quote ( Alan Snyder @ February 23rd 2021,22:20:20 )

My opinion...

GPRO isn't a game designed for the "video game" enthusiasts; never was, nor will it be. GPRO is for thinkers, strategists and those willing to develop the skills required to be successful in the game. I've watched this game evolve, since 2011. GPRO is better than ever, and is gradually getting better.

If you mean that the game needs more "fun" in the form of a visual redesign, I think the GPRO staff is gradually doing that, as well.
+1
Stephane Verly
(Group Amateur - 43)

Belgium 
Certified: 
Old post #18 posted Feb 23rd 2021, 23:17:16 (last edited Feb 23rd 2021, 23:25:49 by Stephane Verly) Quote 
so , i see all is good on gpro. just a last thing; when you tell about mentoring , you're far awar from the first sight i told.... just want to tell my opinion, and i'm still thinking there's a majority of people interested by gpro, and who did an account and who left immediatly because of the first main office. How do you explain there's so many people interested but leaving?
i'll enjoy gpro till it lives and won't share my thought about it as majority thinks all is fine :)
Mark Iverson
(Group Amateur - 84)

Wales 
Certified: 
Old post #19 posted Feb 23rd 2021, 23:19:26 Quote 
A massive strong point of the game for me is the interface!

It is perfectly laid out and isn't filled with blank spaces and garbage. Everything is neatly and concisely laid out. Like good web pages used to be.

Please don't ever change it :)
Tibor Szuromi
(Group Amateur - 4)

Hungary 
Certified: 
Old post #20 posted Feb 23rd 2021, 23:25:57 Quote 
Quote ( Stephane Verly @ February 23rd 2021,23:17:16 )

so , i see all is good on gpro
I'm glad.
Stephane Verly
(Group Amateur - 43)

Belgium 
Certified: 
Old post #21 posted Feb 23rd 2021, 23:29:03 (last edited Feb 23rd 2021, 23:39:06 by Stephane Verly) Quote 
Quote ( Alan Snyder @ February 23rd 2021,22:20:20 )

My opinion...

i just think gpro deserves more players, and is not doing what it needs to achieve it. i made a test with a non player of this game this afternoon, and asked him to find the installation informations. he didn't find it... just for example. if the goal is having a 1000 manager's community and nothing else. all is good, but sad imo.
Josh Clark
(Group Elite)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #22 posted Feb 23rd 2021, 23:44:28 Quote 
Quote ( Keri Lovell @ February 23rd 2021,18:58:11 )

Agreed.

Some games incorporate a "dashboard" system where you have all the main areas as single giant buttons on a home page, which take you to more detailed pages covering those areas. It works very well on mobile games and apps because of the small screens, and if GPRO ever made a mobile app then this would be by far the best adaptation to make to the current interface.

But with no mobile app and decent mobile browsers, the current layout is pretty perfect 90% of the time. That said, there's a significant amount of blank space on a higher resolution screen or wider aspect ratios which does make it look quite silly, but most will have either HD or Full HD screens so doesn't matter that much.
Vladimir Alexandrov
(Administrator)

GPRO Crew
Bulgaria 
Certified: 
Old post #23 posted Feb 24th 2021, 09:30:12 Quote 
A new interface may be on the agenda in the near future, so I would be happy to hear/see some suggestions on how things could be improved. The new interface may even be directed to mobile devices/tablets, so if there are some creative designers around I would welcome some examples.
Fran Martos
(Group Rookie - 31)

Spain 
Certified: 
Old post #24 posted Feb 24th 2021, 09:40:24 Quote 
Quote ( Vladimir Alexandrov @ February 24th 2021,09:30:12 )

A new interface may be on the agenda in the near future, so I would be happy to hear/see some suggestions on how things could be improved. The new interface may even be directed to mobile devices/tablets, so if there are some creative designers around I would welcome some examples.

WOW! I didn't expect that, thanks for letting us know; some changes to make the game mobile friendly are always welcomed.
Richard Robin Paukson
(Group Amateur - 57)

Estonia 
Certified: 
Old post #25 posted Feb 24th 2021, 09:54:46 Quote 
Quote ( Stephane Verly @ February 23rd 2021,23:17:16 )

so , i see all is good on gpro. just a last thing; when you tell about mentoring , you're far awar from the first sight i told.... just want to tell my opinion, and i'm still thinking there's a majority of people interested by gpro, and who did an account and who left immediatly because of the first main office. How do you explain there's so many people interested but leaving?
i'll enjoy gpro till it lives and won't share my thought about it as majority thinks all is fine :)

It's quite difficult to understand what chages you're proposing to the interface. I don't think the interface is the reason people quit, it's more likely the fact that they're expecting a different kind of game.

Quote ( Vladimir Alexandrov @ February 24th 2021,09:30:12 )

This thread did spike one idea in my mind that kind of utilizes the "empty space" Josh is talking about.

How about some sort of side bar that allows you to go to race strategy and setup related pages (like "Update car", "Driver training" etc.) without having to go through the home page. If possible, then maybe people could even customize it.
Page [1

Reply to this topic