Page [1
Author Topic: Motivation! 11 replies
Michael Evans
(Group Amateur - 89)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (2)
Old post #1 posted Mar 20th 2021, 10:36:24 Quote 
Firstly, there is much to like about this game, but the longer I’ve played the more the enjoyment has turned into frustration and as of the last race into despair! Rookie was loads of fun but was way too easy to promote with too few drivers and then you hit the Ama wall with way too many drivers, and all too easy to throw away your money. 8 races ago i decided to start over and sign a low OA driver train him/her up, overspend and relegate to rookie, then hopefully to promote back to AMA with a much healthier bank balance. Needless to say that time and effort went into planning to get him to 84 OA with 0 MOT and allow for the possibility of last race gains of 15 MOT plus allow for any EXP, CHA and TI and to stay within the 85 OA limit. I started the race with suspension at 100%, did my best to qualify as high as possible to limit any MOT gain due to finishing higher than start, and got p24. Can anyone explain to me how the car was able to finish the race with a part at 100% at the start, and despite the car finishing a place lower than it started my driver gains 17 MOT, so I lose him for the start of the next season, all my planning wasted? The last time any of my drivers gained more MOT than that he started p22 and finished 5th! There’s always chat about why people leave the game and why can’t GPRO retain players, even this week about spreadsheet training and videos, but what is the point in any of that when you can’t even control or predict the simple things… its way too complicated at the lower levels, way too easy to screw up, no matter how many spreadsheets you have. Ultimately the game has to make some sense, and right now it doesn’t make too much sense to me, and ironically I somehow need to find some motivation to continue!
Vesa Ritvanen
(Group Rookie - 121)

Finland 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #2 posted Mar 20th 2021, 11:01:27 Quote 
It has been said multiple times here when people ask about this, that you have to be -15M also after the last race.
Mike Kreisz
(Group Amateur - 76)

Hungary 
Certified: 
Like this post (4)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #3 posted Mar 20th 2021, 11:03:47 Quote 
It's a tricky game.

I'm frustrated too.

My driver could be the fastest driver in rookie easily in the next season, but I got position 24th at the end of the race, wich cause +40 motivation growing :)
So my driver oa and my plan say bye for me.

But it's was our fault.

If our financial balance stay above -15 million at the race end than our driver stay with 0 motivation.

Unfortunately we had forgotten this.
We know, a human learns to the end of his life.

Jukka Sireni2
(Group Retired)

GPRO Crew
Finland 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #4 posted Mar 20th 2021, 11:09:34 Quote 
Results are not all that affects motivation...
Vladimir Blagojevic
(Group Rookie - 108)

Serbia 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #5 posted Mar 20th 2021, 11:11:16 Quote 
You obviously train your driver good since you manage to finish the race. Also missing the bigger picture, you finished 25th which by the books of GPRO is a good thing thus motivation raised.

Want a motivation? You haven't lose your driver, there is 99% a chance his OA will drop during season reset.
Denis Titov
(Group Pro - 22)

Russian Federation 
Certified: 
Old post #6 posted Mar 20th 2021, 11:15:19 Quote 
I think you need a mentor. Everything is just like a chicken egg.
Ahmet Sonverdi
(Group Elite)

Turkey 
Certified: 
Old post #7 posted Mar 20th 2021, 11:35:43 Quote 
Quote ( Vladimir Blagojevic @ March 20th 2021,11:11:16 )

Want a motivation? You haven't lose your driver, there is 99% a chance his OA will drop during season reset.

As far as I know, it doesn't work that way. OA needs to be 85 or lower before the reset starts. Reset effects on drivers happen after the promo/relegation script.
Ricardo Antunes
(Group Pro - 18)

Portugal 
Certified: 
Old post #8 posted Mar 20th 2021, 11:36:42 Quote 
Quote ( Denis Titov @ March 20th 2021,11:15:19 )

Everything is just like a chicken egg.

This is my favourite description of GPRO ever.
Ioannis Kalogirou
(Group Master - 4)

Greece 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #9 posted Mar 20th 2021, 11:39:02 (last edited Mar 20th 2021, 11:41:13 by Ioannis Kalogirou) Quote 
...All the Mechanism about Motivation is Wrong.!!!
...It's Not Possible to decide the Game when to go up and when to go down.
to explain: when someone achieves What he wants to achieve at the specific Moment THEN he must go up After he has succeeded. !!!
- therefore the necessary additions is to declare any player (secretly in the game) the objective of the struggle. !!!
...now if the manager want to go Down he just has to state how low he wants to go !!!
...a good solution would be to not measure the MOT at all το ΟΑ Driver skills but continue to normally measure the performance of the laps on Q and Race.
...so the mockery of destroying matches will stop to renew our Driver.

sorry for my unacceptable english but you can keep the Essence !!!

Good Day and Good New Season 81 from Beautiful SITHONIA/GREECE.-
Vladimir Blagojevic
(Group Rookie - 108)

Serbia 
Certified: 
Old post #10 posted Mar 20th 2021, 11:58:29 (last edited Mar 20th 2021, 12:00:15 by Vladimir Blagojevic) Quote 
(Ahmet Sonverdi @ March 20th 2021,11:35:43) As far as I know, it doesn't work that way. OA needs to be 85 or lower before the reset starts. Reset effects on drivers happen after the promo/relegation script.

Oh, I forger that rule. You are right, I had to recheck, only matters what happened after the season reset its stated in 3.1 of the game rules.

At least, silver lining for a motivation would be that he cold sign a new contract with him after the reset ends.
Andy Goodall
(Group Master - 5)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #11 posted Mar 20th 2021, 12:07:53 Quote 
I think there is something in the coding on the final race of the season, I started the final race with 4 parts at 100% and even running 100ct across every risk I not only finished the race but scored full money and my car only started smoking near to the end, seems odd to me
Farkhad Rakhimzhanov
(Group Amateur - 63)

Kazakhstan 
Certified: 
Old post #12 posted Mar 20th 2021, 12:40:27 Quote 
So, if your driver could hold +15 MOT within OA 85, then maybe after 1-2 races you will be able to sign him again, because stats will be dropping. Shortlist him just in case. And to compensate your frustration you might be able to sign him with lower salary.
Page [1

Reply to this topic