Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > General forum > [Forum] Blessed & Cursed Managers Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist
Page [1
Author Topic: [Forum] Blessed & Cursed Managers 20 replies
Marco Ferraz
(Group Amateur - 47)

Belgium 
Certified: 
Like this post (13)   Dislike this post (3)
Old post #1 posted Apr 17th 2021, 13:45:12 (last edited Apr 18th 2021, 20:54:38 by Florencia Caro) Quote 
Hey there, managers!

So, after a few discussions about someone not doing good things in the forums, and a script that let's you block messages from that same someone, I've decided to make a little script that helps you to sort which messages you want to see in priority.

How all of this works is pretty simple. I hope you like tutorials!

1) Make sure you have an userscript extension installed in your browser (I'd recommend Tampermonkey (https://www.tampermonkey.net/)).

2) Once the extension installed, you can install the Blessed & Cursed Managers script with the following link: https://gist.github.com/SmokyBird/39ce8d4d710a083f7c41cfc746...

A pop-up will appear to let you confirm that you want to install the script ; you can also inspect the script to make sure by yourself I didn't install anything malicious.

3) After the script is installed, you can now start adding the managers you want to bless/curse (it only works for yourself, obviously) by visiting this link: /forum/IgnoreList.asp. The list works with adding the manager's ID, each ID must be separated by a comma (,).

4) When the list is updated (with an alert box confirming your update), you can now visit the forums as usually. You'll only see 2 noticeable things:
- Blessed managers will have their messages highlighted in green
- Cursed managers will have their messages highlighted in red and their messages hidden ; you can click on the button to show their messages if you want to

The script might have some bugs, so don't hesitate to send me a message if something isn't working as expected ; or for any suggestions.
Also, this script is only if you need it for the forums, to let you read the forums with more happiness. I won't endorse any misbehaviour against managers you dislike by using this script. If you don't like the managers you've cursed, just ignore them ; that's the main purpose of the script :)
Sébastien Boulanger
(Group Master - 4)

France 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #2 posted Apr 17th 2021, 14:07:10 (last edited Apr 17th 2021, 14:11:18 by Sébastien Boulanger) Quote 
Hi @Marco Ferraz (A47)

It's a good idea but i think that the gpro community goes too much in "repression"...

Ok, we can have some users who spam...
Ok, we have somes messages with no interest...
Ok for somes others things...

But honestly, everyone can send message, has they want and @Stefan Voggenreither (R4) send it's point of view and actions...

If the guy targetted by this massive repression is in reality died, we all have to realise that is just a game and the forum is freedom, even this messages have no pertinence...
And realise the real reason of is dead, are we just idiots when we blame him ?

There is like covid, there is no reasons...

We can just ignore this messages, like i do...
Marco Ferraz
(Group Amateur - 47)

Belgium 
Certified: 
Like this post (6)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #3 posted Apr 17th 2021, 14:24:05 Quote 
@Sébastien Boulanger (M4) I did send a message to Stefan before making the script, to be sure if I was allowed to make it. He said that there won't be any promotion of the script (which makes sense), but he liked the idea of adding a toggle to the cursed messages ; hence why I've decided to put 2 lists for the script, so there's a balance. If the script was only made for a cursed list, I wouldn't make it at all :)

The script's purpose isn't only to hide managers's messages you don't like, but also have a blessed list to highlight which can be helpful, especially for the forum games (i.e. having have a faster visual of managers participating in the Mafia topic).

The script isn't mandatory, of course, but it's just a little help for people who wants to enjoy the forums without dealing with managerss they don't like.
Sébastien Boulanger
(Group Master - 4)

France 
Certified: 
Old post #4 posted Apr 17th 2021, 14:32:25 (last edited Apr 17th 2021, 14:37:06 by Sébastien Boulanger) Quote 
I don't like any manager...
They are all potential opponents 😁😅🤟

But...
Just by post your message you are doing promotion of your script...
Ok Gpro team don't make it... Stefan purpose a solution to hide 1 guy...

If somes approve it, why GPro doesn't implements a function to hide or follow some managers ?

This is a mandatory from a lot of managers...

Then, i'll never blocks someone, i just ignoring it, like i do with somes topics...

Then @Vladimir Alexandrov (R3) , isn't time yo make somes changes on forum ?
Luke Frost
(Group Amateur - 15)

Australia 
Certified: 
Like this post (4)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #5 posted Apr 17th 2021, 15:40:11 Quote 
There is no suppression going on with this script IMO, it is simply an option to semi-hide some users posts and highlight those which you'd like to focus on when skimming threads.

Thanks Marco, this will prove very useful for a lot of people.
Keri Lovell
(Group Rookie - 5)

Wales 
Certified: 
Like this post (3)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #6 posted Apr 17th 2021, 16:06:33 Quote 
Quote ( Luke Frost @ April 17th 2021,15:40:11 )

There is no suppression going on with this script IMO, it is simply an option to semi-hide some users posts and highlight those which you'd like to focus on when skimming threads.

Thanks Marco, this will prove very useful for a lot of people.

Couldn't agree more.

It is a game and everyone should enjoy it, if there is a way to make it more enjoyable for an individual by highlighting or ignoring certain things / people then it's a brilliant add on.
Stefan Voggenreither
(Administrator)

GPRO Crew
Germany 
Certified: 
Like this post (5)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #7 posted Apr 17th 2021, 16:46:57 Quote 
Quote ( Sébastien Boulanger @ April 17th 2021,14:07:10 )

If the guy targetted by this massive repression is in reality died, we all have to realise that is just a game and the forum is freedom, even this messages have no pertinence...
And realise the real reason of is dead, are we just idiots when we blame him ?

Sébastien, we are talking here about the case that someone trolls the forum in a massiv way and there are some managers who just don't like it to see. If we want to be that sensitive, where do we start and where do we end? You already can't forbid someone to ignore someone. This can be already done, even without a script. Do we still have to argue with a troll, because we don't want to risk that he get mentally hurt? But what is with the normal users? I mean, someone who trolls in such a way surely does not have a problem when he gets ignored. And we have altready the possibility to ignore whole topics and even a statistic for it. Should I be worried? And what about moderators of they take action against someone? Should they be worried now?

It would be something different if someone gets attacked by always the same ppl no matter what he posts. There we clearly would have to interfere.

Quote ( Sébastien Boulanger @ April 17th 2021,14:32:25 )

If somes approve it, why GPro doesn't implements a function to hide or follow some managers ?

You are already criticising this feature. For now, someone has to get Tampermonkey first and then install the script and so on. Nothing out of the box that makes it too easy. So the most won't do it. And it does not work on mobiles. If we would implement it, it would. So you should be happy about this way.

Quote ( Sébastien Boulanger @ April 17th 2021,14:32:25 )

Just by post your message you are doing promotion of your script...

Like Marco said, we had a talk via PM and I just liked the idea, that maybe more ppl would create helpful scripts. But my intention was, that there should be a general topic for such scripts where these could be postet, not an own topic for each script. That was a little misunderstanding (maybe I will just rename this topic then).

And I also liked at the idea of Marco (I hope this comes with the next update) of filtering posts that have a spoiler-tag included (maybe [spoiler]?). I think this could be also helpful maybe especially for some forum games?
Ricardo Antunes
(Group Pro - 18)

Portugal 
Certified: 
Old post #8 posted Apr 17th 2021, 16:50:09 Quote 
Quote ( Stefan Voggenreither @ April 17th 2021,16:46:57 )

And I also liked at the idea of Marco (I hope this comes with the next update) of filtering posts that have a spoiler-tag included (maybe [spoiler]?). I think this could be also helpful maybe especially for some forum games?

Not of the objective of this thread, but yes, I can think of some uses for a spoiler tag ;)
Luke Frost
(Group Amateur - 15)

Australia 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #9 posted Apr 17th 2021, 17:01:32 (last edited Apr 17th 2021, 17:04:53 by Luke Frost) Quote 
Quote ( Stefan Voggenreither @ April 17th 2021,16:46:57 )

Like Marco said, we had a talk via PM and I just liked the idea, that maybe more ppl would create helpful scripts. But my intention was, that there should be a general topic for such scripts where these could be postet, not an own topic for each script. That was a little misunderstanding (maybe I will just rename this topic then).

Very exciting times await us all. :D

Looking forward to seeing what the programming minds of this game can come up with for public use, and how it can help the general user navigate a bit easier.

First thing's first, how do I get an extension which translates every clock on the game into my timezone? Obviously under the actual text... that would be very useful, everything here is done at like 2am...
Sagar Abhyankar
(Group Amateur - 40)

India 
Certified: 
Old post #10 posted Apr 17th 2021, 17:42:58 Quote 
Its a nice idea....

Installed Tampermonkey

Where to add the managers ID?

Marco Ferraz
(Group Amateur - 47)

Belgium 
Certified: 
Old post #11 posted Apr 17th 2021, 17:45:32 Quote 
Quote ( Sagar Abhyankar @ April 17th 2021,17:42:58 )

Where to add the managers ID

/forum/IgnoreList.asp :)

Teagarden Wrecks
(Group Amateur - 44)

Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #12 posted Apr 17th 2021, 17:59:59 Quote 
Quote ( Luke Frost @ April 17th 2021,17:01:32 )

First thing's first, how do I get an extension which translates every clock on the game into my timezone? Obviously under the actual text... that would be very useful, everything here is done at like 2am...

I'd like a time converter as well lol

I'm not as far out as you are, but definitely on the wrong side of the pond time wise.
Stefan Voggenreither
(Administrator)

GPRO Crew
Germany 
Certified: 
Like this post (3)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #13 posted Apr 17th 2021, 18:50:59 Quote 
I just installed it for testing and I have to say: it is really a nice piece of work. By far better than my solution with just removing the whole line like the person has never posted. Sébastien, you should give it a try and see, that this solution is better than mine as it is not fully ignoring a user. I like that a lot. And it is userfriendly to maintain the cursed/blessed list. Also I like that the blessed ones are highlighted, so I will never miss a post again from the Vladinator in a crowded topic :-)
Marco Ferraz
(Group Amateur - 47)

Belgium 
Certified: 
Old post #14 posted Apr 17th 2021, 19:05:12 Quote 
Now, I'm scared that I've started a cult of #blessed / #cursed on the forums now that Stefan tried the script :D
Ricardo Antunes
(Group Pro - 18)

Portugal 
Certified: 
Old post #15 posted Apr 17th 2021, 19:14:41 Quote 
My egocentric self blessed my own posts thanks to this! Thank you! :P
Marco Ferraz
(Group Amateur - 47)

Belgium 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #16 posted Apr 17th 2021, 19:30:42 (last edited Apr 17th 2021, 19:32:47 by Marco Ferraz) Quote 
For the managers using Opera, I've corrected a bug that wouldn't let you use it.
Thanks @Sagar Abhyankar (A40) for pointing that out :)

For the main link: https://gist.github.com/SmokyBird/39ce8d4d710a083f7c41cfc746...
(I can't edit the first message, so if a mod can put this new link, so it should always work)
Sagar Abhyankar
(Group Amateur - 40)

India 
Certified: 
Old post #17 posted Apr 17th 2021, 19:37:43 (last edited Apr 17th 2021, 20:04:18 by Sagar Abhyankar) Quote 
Quote ( Marco Ferraz @ April 17th 2021,19:30:42 )

For the managers using Opera, I've corrected a bug that wouldn't let you use it.
Thanks @Sagar Abhyankar (A40) for pointing that out :)

For the main link: https://gist.github.com/SmokyBird/39ce8d4d710a083f7c41cfc746...
(I can't edit the first message, so if a mod can put this new link, so it should always work)

Its works a gem !

I appreciate it !
Shoaib Mohamed
(Group Amateur - 22)

India 
Certified: 
Old post #18 posted Apr 17th 2021, 21:00:46 Quote 
Nice work Smoky 👍🏽
Sébastien Boulanger
(Group Master - 4)

France 
Certified: 
Old post #19 posted Apr 18th 2021, 00:31:18 Quote 
Stefan, i'll take a look, why not.

If this kind of extensions get a big usage, why not generalise it ?
Mack Cotton
(Group Amateur - 4)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #20 posted Apr 18th 2021, 01:03:24 Quote 
Interesting script, I am testing it now! Very useful for highlighting friends posts, or those managers that post interesting things.

I don't think I'll use the cursed part, since I like seeing everything (especially the shenanigans).

Thanks for this!
Marco Ferraz
(Group Amateur - 47)

Belgium 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #21 posted Apr 18th 2021, 15:09:17 Quote 
Version 1.0.2 is now available:
- Removed a required link interfering with an official script from GPRO

Thanks @Stefan Voggenreither (R4) for noticing the bug :)

The link for the updated script (I can't update the first post): https://gist.github.com/SmokyBird/39ce8d4d710a083f7c41cfc746...
Page [1
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > General forum > [Forum] Blessed & Cursed Managers Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist

Reply to this topic