Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Forum games > Option Strategy Racer [S3] Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist
Page « 1 2 3 ... 9 [1011 12 » Quick go to page:
Author Topic: Option Strategy Racer [S3] 334 replies
Chew Kai Wen
(Group Master - 2)

GPRO Crew
Singapore 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #271 posted Jun 16th 2021, 00:13:30 Quote 

And we are back onto the tracks as we head to a brand new track - Mexico City! At 19 laps long, this will definitely make it interesting as it is the first time we are racing on a 19 lap track. Who will emerge victorious here? And will we see Manor seal their title in this race, or will Cooper make it a final day grand showdown?

We will find out...soon...

Race 11: Mexico City GP
Track: Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez
Laps: 19
Qualifying Record: NIL
Track Record: NIL

Deadline to send me your strategies would be 19:00 CET, Friday 18th June. Should all entries be received before the deadline, I might do the race early. Failure to send would mean a start crash for both your drivers.

@Jonathan Beagles (P20) @George Togas (P13) @Shannon Fuerte (R60) @Geir Pukk (P18) @Kyle Morris (P3) @Claudio Lima @Keith Partridge (A15) @Ethan Littlejohns (P13) @Ricardo Antunes (A28) @Richard Robin Paukson (A57) @Constantin Heller (Ret) @Erik Harken (A7) @Henri Svensson (A23) @Jun Ho (P18) @Mike Chatzikonstantinou (A28) @Bálint Turi-Kováts (R57) @Javier Saez (A51) @Alihan Zor (A28)

Quote ( Ricardo Antunes @ June 16th 2021,00:03:44 )

I think the worn tyres atm are too costly, you should tone it down a lot imo but maybe i didnt understand it well :P

I understand what you mean, but its been pretty hard trying to balance it out to be honest...what I don't want to create is a scenario whereby using blown tyres is much better than using the harder tyres time wise, because in that case, you end up making the use of harder tyres obsolete. Hence why this weird compromise which I came up with, which still favours the harder tyres than going blown...but blown tyres will be helpful in qualifying position and also if you suspect a lot of people are going to pick the tyre which you had chosen
Jun Ho
(Group Pro - 18)

Hong Kong 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #272 posted Jun 16th 2021, 00:14:04 Quote 
Quote ( Jonathan Beagles @ June 16th 2021,00:09:36 )

I just had a thought about perhaps including tyre allocations per season - e.g. you only get a certain amount of Options/Softs/Mediums that would add a level of strategy to how you decide to use up your tyres.

Just an idea though... :)

Ooooh. That's a good shout actually. But this would require Chew to release the whole calendar along with the amount of laps in each race. Shouldn't be too hard I suppose? :D
Ethan Littlejohns
(Group Pro - 13)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #273 posted Jun 16th 2021, 00:16:24 Quote 
Quote ( Chew Kai Wen @ June 16th 2021,00:00:52 )

Hence, we will continue to have qualifying elimination, much to Ethan's despair.

:[

Quote ( Jonathan Beagles @ June 16th 2021,00:09:36 )

I just had a thought about perhaps including tyre allocations per season - e.g. you only get a certain amount of Options/Softs/Mediums that would add a level of strategy to how you decide to use up your tyres.

Just an idea though... :)

Could be interesting for sure, guess it depends how simple vs how much planning in advance people want the game to be, obviously at the moment you only need to think about one race at a time :P

Quote ( Chew Kai Wen @ June 16th 2021,00:00:52 )

Alternative idea for blown tyres: Traffic increased to 0.3 on that lap due to being stuck behind pitters on worn tyres + a small addition to lap time (0.3s/0.4s) - same for all tyres.

This was a suggestion made by one of you, it's interesting, but I think I will stick with my current idea for simplicity sake when I am doing the sheets, but if it doesn't work out, I will look more into what this idea is about :)

Whoever suggested this is probably very smart ;)
I just think the current version of it is only worth it in a very specific circumstance.
Chew Kai Wen
(Group Master - 2)

GPRO Crew
Singapore 
Certified: 
Old post #274 posted Jun 17th 2021, 23:42:31 Quote 
Bump! 5/18 sets of strategy received so far.

Reminders have been sent, please remember to get them in before 19:00 CET tomorrow :)
Chew Kai Wen
(Group Master - 2)

GPRO Crew
Singapore 
Certified: 
Old post #275 posted Jun 19th 2021, 01:16:03 Quote 
OSR results might be delayed a day or 2, but it will be out over the weekend :)
Chew Kai Wen
(Group Master - 2)

GPRO Crew
Singapore 
Certified: 
Old post #276 posted Jun 20th 2021, 17:37:08 Quote 
Mexico City GP: Starting Grid

https://i.ibb.co/CHW2YdQ/Screenshot-2021-06-20-at-4-34-16-PM.png

We start the Mexican GP off with a bang, as Mika Hakkinen shockingly fails to qualify on Mediums! Really slow qualifying by him as he pays the price, and now, the momentum would be on Crashtor to be able to get a good result here to seal the title!

Meanwhile, plenty of drivers start on Softs, which should shape up to be an interesting battle as they would all want to aim to avoid the pits at the same time this race...

Chew Kai Wen
(Group Master - 2)

GPRO Crew
Singapore 
Certified: 
Old post #277 posted Jun 20th 2021, 18:24:43 Quote 
Mexico City GP: Lap 10 of 19

https://i.ibb.co/9NnHJJ1/Screenshot-2021-06-20-at-5-22-53-PM.png

Some further shocks can only come as Kimi also fails to navigate the heavy Softs traffic, as he crashes out of the race! Meanwhile, we see Crashtor and Max both make their way into the final half of the Mexico GP races, can they seal the title today?
Chew Kai Wen
(Group Master - 2)

GPRO Crew
Singapore 
Certified: 
Old post #278 posted Jun 20th 2021, 18:45:30 (last edited Jun 20th 2021, 18:45:54 by Kai Wen Chew) Quote 
Mexico City GP: Final Results

https://i.ibb.co/nRYYQFW/Screenshot-2021-06-20-at-5-39-15-PM.png

And Max does it! A flawless performance from the Manor driver as he takes advantage of both Cooper drivers crashing out to win this race! With Crashtor securing a further 6 points, it might just be enough for Manor to have secured the title without needing a final day showdown......

Meanwhile, we see Ocon and Aragon secure nice podium finishes today, both drivers navigating pit traffic flawlessly today. Mercedes would be another team very delighted with their finish this race, as they finish 4th and 6th respectively which would surely be a huge boost to their team, as they look to end the season on a high.

Standings will be out later today...

Jun Ho
(Group Pro - 18)

Hong Kong 
Certified: 
Old post #279 posted Jun 20th 2021, 19:09:20 Quote 
You can go study now. :)
Ricardo Antunes
(Group Amateur - 28)

Portugal 
Certified: 
Old post #280 posted Jun 20th 2021, 19:16:52 Quote 
Lol
Richard Robin Paukson
(Group Amateur - 57)

Estonia 
Certified: 
Old post #281 posted Jun 20th 2021, 20:02:02 (last edited Jun 20th 2021, 20:04:45 by Richard Robin Paukson) Quote 
Cooper must have gotten scared and replaced their illegal Finns. :P

Edit: It also seems to be Manor's first win of the season.
Constantin Heller
(Group Retired)

Germany 
Certified: 
Old post #282 posted Jun 20th 2021, 22:30:11 Quote 
Honestly I need someone to create one of these racing forum games where you do best if you think the same as other people, then I'll do well

Actually nevermind, I won Ric's Divide&Conquer, so point proven, I always think the exact same as other people.
Jun Ho
(Group Pro - 18)

Hong Kong 
Certified: 
Old post #283 posted Jun 20th 2021, 22:33:30 Quote 
Me and @Chew Kai Wen (M2) spoke of an amazing idea that he can talk about during the drive when I picked him up from his house this morning.
Chew Kai Wen
(Group Master - 2)

GPRO Crew
Singapore 
Certified: 
Old post #284 posted Jun 20th 2021, 22:35:07 Quote 

Quote ( Jun Ho @ June 20th 2021,22:33:30 )

Me and @Chew Kai Wen (M2) spoke of an amazing idea that he can talk about during the drive when I picked him up from his house this morning.

It will be announced soon....doesn't affect the actual season but a fun pre-season before S4 for you lot to entertain yourselves in between seasons, while I get my busy exam period done and dusted ;)
Ricardo Antunes
(Group Amateur - 28)

Portugal 
Certified: 
Old post #285 posted Jun 20th 2021, 22:56:07 Quote 
Quote ( Constantin Heller @ June 20th 2021,22:30:11 )

Honestly I need someone to create one of these racing forum games where you do best if you think the same as other people, then I'll do well

Actually nevermind, I won Ric's Divide&Conquer, so point proven, I always think the exact same as other people.

Might need to make a second season to prove you wrong but gonna need help with that interface
Chew Kai Wen
(Group Master - 2)

GPRO Crew
Singapore 
Certified: 
Old post #286 posted Jun 20th 2021, 23:24:02 Quote 
Driver's Championship

https://i.ibb.co/F7j3W3Z/Screenshot-2021-06-20-at-10-13-48-PM.png

Crashtor manages to extend his lead at the top of the table, but it's far from over yet! Mika, Juan Pablo Montoya as well as Crashtor's fellow team mate Max Crashtappen are all within striking distance, bringing the Driver's Championship down to a wire in the final race!

Constructor's Championship

https://i.ibb.co/3BnGW3k/Screenshot-2021-06-20-at-10-13-54-PM.png

Manor wraps up the title with 1 race to go, and they are still in prime position for a record points haul if they can surpass the 200 points mark from the final race! Elsewhere, there remains huge battles for the other positions, with plenty of teams within a few points from each other.

Chew Kai Wen
(Group Master - 2)

GPRO Crew
Singapore 
Certified: 
Old post #287 posted Jun 20th 2021, 23:40:42 (last edited Jun 20th 2021, 23:41:15 by Kai Wen Chew) Quote 

We return to Yas Marina for the final race of this season! The Constructor's Championship might have been done and dusted, but the race for the Driver's Championship is still wide open and ripe for the taking!

We go back to a moderate length course, at 14 laps long, and it will be interesting to see how the different drivers would plan their strategy here after the long race at Mexico City. One thing is certain for sure, no one would want to let down their fans here, in the season finale for what has been yet another long and exhausting season of OSR.

Race 12: Abu Dhabi GP
Track: Yas Marina Circuit
Laps: 14

Deadline to send me your strategies would be 19:00 CET, Wednesday 23rd June. PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF THE IRREGULAR DEADLINE FOR THIS RACE. Should all entries be received before the deadline, I might do the race early. Failure to send would mean a start crash for both your drivers.

The current plan for the end of season and activities would be as such:

Monday/Tuesday - Announcement of S4 Calendar + Pre-Season Race Announcement
Wednesday - OSR S3 Race 12 + Start of S4 Confirmation
Friday - End of S4 Confirmation
Saturday - S4 Thread Open

@Jonathan Beagles (P20) @George Togas (P13) @Shannon Fuerte (R60) @Geir Pukk (P18) @Kyle Morris (P3) @Claudio Lima @Keith Partridge (A15) @Ethan Littlejohns (P13) @Ricardo Antunes (A28) @Richard Robin Paukson (A57) @Constantin Heller (Ret) @Erik Harken (A7) @Henri Svensson (A23) @Jun Ho (P18) @Mike Chatzikonstantinou (A28) @Bálint Turi-Kováts (R57) @Javier Saez (A51) @Alihan Zor (A28)
Erik Harken
(Group Amateur - 7)

United States 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #288 posted Jun 22nd 2021, 04:43:09 Quote 
Virgin racing regrets to inform that this will be our last race in OSR for the foreseeable future. Our team manager has had trouble securing sponsorship for the team and in an effort to gain finances has pursued a busy career in film editing. With little time to commit to racing at the moment, we will be shutting our doors but hope to back in the future.

Virgin is happy to say that every driver in our history has sat on the podium and many have won if not on multiple occasions. We bid farewell to some excellent efforts from drivers like Ahmet Sonvirgin, Andre Curvelove, James Bitchen and of course our well-esteemed talents such as Timo Glock, Alexander Rossi, and Jules Bianchi.

To the OSR family- thanks for the memes and the mems. Cheers all! And big thanks to Chewie for putting this all together :)
Chew Kai Wen
(Group Master - 2)

GPRO Crew
Singapore 
Certified: 
Old post #289 posted Jun 22nd 2021, 15:40:51 (last edited Jun 22nd 2021, 15:54:12 by Kai Wen Chew) Quote 

The calendar for OSR S4 has been published, it would be as follows:

https://i.ibb.co/cJ4DW20/Screenshot-2021-06-22-at-2-38-41-PM.png

It will start in regular fashion in Bahrain, for the Bahrain GP, before visiting a new track in the form of the 16 lap Imola Circuit for the Emilia Romagna GP. The season will then end at the Abu Dhabi GP, similar to this season's finale race.

Quote ( Erik Harken @ June 22nd 2021,04:43:09 )

Virgin racing regrets to inform that this will be our last race in OSR for the foreseeable future. Our team manager has had trouble securing sponsorship for the team and in an effort to gain finances has pursued a busy career in film editing. With little time to commit to racing at the moment, we will be shutting our doors but hope to back in the future.

Sad to see you go, thanks for participating Erik :)

Chew Kai Wen
(Group Master - 2)

GPRO Crew
Singapore 
Certified: 
Old post #290 posted Jun 22nd 2021, 15:53:12 (last edited Jun 22nd 2021, 15:54:25 by Kai Wen Chew) Quote 
Pre-Season Testing - Indy Oval Elimination Race

In between S3 and S4, we will have a pre-season race. This will give you all the opportunity to try out and test the new blown tyres function, in a no-stake race where winning is to boost your already inflated ego or salvage some pride before the start of the new season!

Format:

Qualifying - This will occur as per normal, with the normal rules in play. Your qualifying position would serve as the tiebreaker for the rest of the race, so it might be something important for you to consider! All drivers who participate in qualifying will race in the actual race, so there will not be any elimination in this pre-season race.

Race - The race will run over a period of 60 laps, with elimination at every 12 laps, i.e: Lap 12, 24, 36, and 48. In each elimination, the bottom 3 will be eliminated from the race. Normal traffic rules and pit timings will apply, so eliminated drivers will not contribute to the traffic beyond where they have been eliminated.

Sending in your strategies will be done in 2 parts:

Part 1 - You will submit your strategy for the 60 laps of the race. The results would then be released for the first 36 laps only, with a total of 9 eliminations from this portion of the race.

Part 2 - You may then opt to submit/change your strategy for the final 24 laps of the race. Note that your time difference from the leaders would still apply, but it gives you a chance to tweak to a different strategy if you feel your current one isn't working too well for the 2nd part of this race. The results up to the finish would then be published.

Pre-Season Elimination Race: Indy Oval 60s
Track: Indianapolis Motor Speedway
Laps: 60 (With bottom 3 eliminated every 12 laps)

Hope that this format will be interesting to occupy your time while I tackle my examination period, and gives you a chance to fine tune strategies with the new blown tyres. It also gives me the chance to observe and tweak the blown tyres accordingly before the start of the new season if needed.
Ricardo Antunes
(Group Amateur - 28)

Portugal 
Certified: 
Old post #291 posted Jun 22nd 2021, 15:54:48 Quote 
i love this
Jonathan Beagles
(Group Pro - 20)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #292 posted Jun 22nd 2021, 21:54:10 Quote 
Quote ( Chew Kai Wen @ June 22nd 2021,15:53:12 )

salvage some pride

Pri...de? Doesn't ring a bell mate :P

Sounds cool though :)
Chew Kai Wen
(Group Master - 2)

GPRO Crew
Singapore 
Certified: 
Old post #293 posted Jun 23rd 2021, 00:13:14 Quote 
Bump. 9/18 sets of strategies received so far. Deadline is tomorrow 19:00 CET.

Reminders have been sent!
Constantin Heller
(Group Retired)

Germany 
Certified: 
Old post #294 posted Jun 23rd 2021, 00:49:08 Quote 
Quote ( Jonathan Beagles @ June 22nd 2021,21:54:10 )

Pri...de? Doesn't ring a bell mate :P

You chose the wrong month to say that lmao
Ricardo Antunes
(Group Amateur - 28)

Portugal 
Certified: 
Old post #295 posted Jun 23rd 2021, 00:49:43 Quote 
Its time to ban him!

After the race, of course!
Jonathan Beagles
(Group Pro - 20)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #296 posted Jun 23rd 2021, 01:57:48 Quote 

Quote ( Constantin Heller @ June 23rd 2021,00:49:08 )

You chose the wrong month to say that lmao

Haha lol - fair point :)
Jun Ho
(Group Pro - 18)

Hong Kong 
Certified: 
Old post #297 posted Jun 23rd 2021, 09:27:17 Quote 
Great idea Chew. Wonder who thought of this. :P
Chew Kai Wen
(Group Master - 2)

GPRO Crew
Singapore 
Certified: 
Old post #298 posted Jun 23rd 2021, 10:05:25 Quote 
Quote ( Jun Ho @ June 23rd 2021,09:27:17 )

Great idea Chew. Wonder who thought of this. :P

We are the same person, so technically me :p
Jun Ho
(Group Pro - 18)

Hong Kong 
Certified: 
Old post #299 posted Jun 23rd 2021, 10:45:07 Quote 
Quote ( Chew Kai Wen @ June 23rd 2021,10:05:25 )

We are the same person, so technically me :p

Gosh darnit.
Kyle Morris
(Group Pro - 3)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #300 posted Jun 23rd 2021, 23:42:04 Quote 
well im glad Chew didnt do this :D First opportunity i've had to do it today
Page « 1 2 3 ... 9 [1011 12 » Quick go to page:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Forum games > Option Strategy Racer [S3] Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist

Reply to this topic