Page [1
Forum topic poll
Should you able to create their own league?
Sign in to vote or view the poll results
Author Topic: League 5 replies
Paradise Edokpayi
(Group Rookie - 98)

Canada 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #1 posted May 2nd 2021, 05:26:01 Quote 
I think people should be able to create their own league and can customize their calender..
Luke Frost
(Group Amateur - 15)

Australia 
Certified: 
Like this post (3)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #2 posted May 2nd 2021, 05:46:12 Quote 
Quote ( Paradise Edokpayi @ May 2nd 2021,05:26:01 )

I think people should be able to create their own league and can customize their calender..

I'm not sure about the timeframes you should expect, but you have to realise Vlad is a very hard worker behind the scenes and based on the following quotes, something should come one day.

Quote ( Vladimir Alexandrov @ August 29th 2017,12:52:47 )

Private leagues are on our to-do list,
Quote ( Vladimir Alexandrov @ May 2nd 2020,14:59:26 )

I mentioned it in another forum topic that development of the private leagues and the new race engine has been discontinued due to Jukka leaving the team. I can resume the development alone after I am finished my current project (which will take a year at least).

Back in 2017-2018, the game went through some enormous changes due to Jukka joining the administration team, giving Vlad a partner to bounce ideas & actions off. This is the timeframe where major developments such as the new race screen, PHA changes, and other smaller codes were added to the game. As in life, things aren't always 100% fortunate but I'm looking forward to the day when this can be done, so we can race our friends in a different environment with the same concepts.

Maybe one day someone else will step up and help out with the coding work, but until then, the timeframe seems based on how much free time Vlad has to put his effort into it.
Keri Lovell
(Group Rookie - 5)

Wales 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #3 posted May 2nd 2021, 06:55:57 Quote 
Interesting that this was even considered for development. I think it would be an an excellent addition. Save you waiting days for a race and race anyone you like. I like it.
Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo
(Group Pro - 12)

Mexico 
Certified: 
Like this post (7)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #4 posted May 2nd 2021, 07:00:25 Quote 
Great response from Luke!

And I would recommend that prior to thinking on private leagues and other changes why don't you first learn to play the game as it is.

You joined in S79, participated in 6 races and have not raced since.

A teacher I once had told us that in order to improve a system, you must know how the system works.
Zé Pedro Paula
(Group Amateur - 16)

Mozambique 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (2)
Old post #5 posted May 2nd 2021, 08:20:24 Quote 
Quote ( Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo @ May 2nd 2021,07:00:25 )

A teacher I once had told us that in order to improve a system, you must know how the system works.

Education systems and teachers have improved a lot ever since. You would never improve "this system" then, would you?
Erik Harken
(Group Pro - 24)

United States 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #6 posted May 2nd 2021, 09:30:02 (last edited May 2nd 2021, 09:30:42 by Erik Harken) Quote 
I believe private leagues have been discussed in a hypothetical GPRO 2.0 :)

For now just play OSR it’s close enough :p
Page [1

Reply to this topic