Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > General forum > Trying to understand the staff market... Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist
Page [1
Author Topic: Trying to understand the staff market... 6 replies
Jaime Sinclair
(Group Rookie - 103)

Brazil 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #1 posted Jul 30th 2021, 16:20:01 Quote 
Hi there, I just took part in the staff market for the first time, and I'm a little bit confused about how it went.

I was looking for a driver after being relegated fom Amateur, and I found this one I reaaly liked, so I put up a nice proposal for him, set him as my 1st option and then proceeded two throw 2 other offers at pilots I thought they were nice in order to try and secure one of them for the upcoming season.

I ended up with my 2nd choice, which is ok for me, a cheper salary and all, but I noticed my 1st option signed with a manager who was also just relegated from amateur. So one would think we both had the same "leverage" when trying to sign someone.

The thing is the driver we were chasing signed with the other manager for a contract with a salary that is exactly half of my proposal, and I even set a signing bonus that couldn't he matched by the other manager.

How can this be, considering we are both just relegated and starting the season in the exact same situation?

I don't understand, so if any of you guys could tell me whether this is "normal" or not, please fell free to teach me.

Thank you all, have a nice season!
Matías Alloatti
(Group Pro - 14)

Argentina 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #2 posted Jul 30th 2021, 16:32:29 Quote 
Hello Jaime,

First of all, getting a promotion from Rookie with your initial pilot is quite remarkable, well done.

Next. I think that you refer to "signing bonus" as "signing on fee" which is the amount of money you pay at the exact moment you hire a driver. I assume you offered the maximum (300% of the salary) and that's why you claim the other manager couldn't match it.

My question is, did you offer any bonus on "points", "podium" and "win"? And also, did you offer a 17-race contract?

Those offers can turn the tables when fighting with other managers to get a contract.
Teagarden Wrecks
(Group Amateur - 44)

Canada 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #3 posted Jul 30th 2021, 16:33:39 Quote 
I would think he was offered huge bonus' for wins, podiums and points perhaps?
Mikko Heikkinen
(Group Pro - 5)

Finland 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #4 posted Jul 30th 2021, 16:35:51 (last edited Jul 30th 2021, 16:37:32 by Mikko Heikkinen) Quote 
Quote ( Jaime Sinclair @ July 30th 2021,16:20:01 )

I don't understand, so if any of you guys could tell me whether this is "normal" or not,.

Normal, yes it happens.

please fell free to teach me.

signed with a manager who was also just relegated from amateur. So one would think we both had the same "leverage" when trying to sign someone.

That^^ plays no part in it, there's no "leverage" from relegate/retain or such.

It's got more to do with "art in the offer"
Jaime Sinclair
(Group Rookie - 103)

Brazil 
Certified: 
Old post #5 posted Jul 30th 2021, 16:38:27 Quote 
Quote ( Matías Alloatti @ July 30th 2021,16:32:29 )

Hello Jaime,

First of all, getting a promotion from Rookie with your initial pilot is quite remarkable, well done.

Next. I think that you refer to "signing bonus" as "signing on fee" which is the amount of money you pay at the exact moment you hire a driver. I assume you offered the maximum (300% of the salary) and that's why you claim the other manager couldn't match it.

My question is, did you offer any bonus on "points", "podium" and "win"? And also, did you offer a 17-race contract?

Those offers can turn the tables when fighting with other managers to get a contract.
Quote ( Matías Alloatti @ July 30th 2021,16:32:29 )

Hello Jaime,

Thanks for the reply, here are the "details" of the contract I offered in comparison to the other manager.

Contract lenght: the same (17 x 17)
Salary: I offered twice as much the other manager did
Signing fee: I offered around 2x the salary I offered, so around 5X the salary the other manager proposal (he couldn't match, obviously)

I did set some bonuses for wins and podiums, but not for points. Unless the other manager just went crazy on those, I can't figure out what happened.

Thanks agaiin!
Jaime Sinclair
(Group Rookie - 103)

Brazil 
Certified: 
Old post #6 posted Jul 30th 2021, 16:39:39 Quote 
Quote ( Teagarden Wrecks @ July 30th 2021,16:33:39 )

I would think he was offered huge bonus' for wins, podiums and points perhaps?

That's the only reasonable explanation I think. I set some bonus as well, but the other manager might have gone crazy on those.
Matías Alloatti
(Group Pro - 14)

Argentina 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #7 posted Jul 30th 2021, 16:45:33 Quote 
Managers can certainly go crazy with their offers.

If you go to Statistics -> Best paid drivers, you will find drivers with salaries of 5M, 4M, 3M

So if there are crazy salaries, crazy bonuses are also a possibility. You probably ran into a manager who made really juicy offers on bonuses and won the pilot.

I hope your current pilot gives you great results.
Page [1
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > General forum > Trying to understand the staff market... Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist

Reply to this topic