Page [1
Author Topic: Suddenly shit tires 7 replies
Joacim Svensson
(Group Rookie - 58)

Sweden 
Certified: 
Old post #1 posted Oct 17th 2021, 10:31:44 Quote 
Can somebody please help me explain what happend after the first pit stop (25 laps in) here: /gb/racescreen.asp?Group=Rookie%20-%2058

from -3% tyre condition per lap I suddenly lost 12-13% per lap and of course the race was fcked. What happened?
Calum MacKinnon
(Group Pro - 10)

Scotland 
Certified: 
Like this post (6)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #2 posted Oct 17th 2021, 10:42:38 Quote 
It looks like after your first pitstop you were running rain tyres instead of whichever dry compound you had in the first stint. I suspect you might have accidentally set your tyre strategy to run rain tyres when the track is dry, but set your dry compound as your tyre to start the race on, which is why it only happened after your first stop.
Marius Ruţa
(Group Rookie - 58)

Romania 
Certified: 
Like this post (3)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #3 posted Oct 17th 2021, 10:45:26 Quote 
I nearly made the same mistake, we had a full wet race at Estoril, so I went for rain tyres even at the "When the track is dry" option, because I gambled on any dry stint being only a few laps short, and almost forgot to switch it back for the race, did a final check of Friday and noticed it.

I was wondering why you were pitting every 10 laps or so.
Jorrit Boer
(Group Amateur - 53)

Netherlands 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #4 posted Oct 17th 2021, 10:48:05 (last edited Oct 17th 2021, 10:49:33 by Jorrit Boer) Quote 
Indeed, you were using rain tyres in your second stint... You should be able to confirm in your race analysis...

We all make mistakes, though... It happens...
Chew Kai Wen
(Group Elite)

GPRO Crew
Singapore 
Certified: 
Like this post (5)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #5 posted Oct 17th 2021, 11:28:15 Quote 
Yes, what probably happened was what Calum said.

Check "Race Setup and Strategy" -> "Tyres Strategy", and you should be able to see what happens. It's important to take note that the strategy does not change back to default after each race, and you have to change that yourself.

Its a mistake that many of us have made before though, so don't beat yourself up over it :P

As a tip to you (and others who might read), I always have a form of a pre-race routine that I do after setting up everything. One of it would include checking tyres strategy and the risks that you use, and I do that for every race. This prevents mistakes like this from being made, which is more common than you think
Mikko Heikkinen
(Group Pro - 5)

Finland 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #6 posted Oct 17th 2021, 12:10:57 Quote 
Quote ( Calum MacKinnon @ October 17th 2021,10:42:38 )

It looks like after your first pitstop you were running rain tyres instead of whichever dry compound you had in the first stint.

Check here: /RaceAnalysis.asp
Luke Frost
(Group Pro - 20)

Australia 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #7 posted Oct 17th 2021, 13:18:08 Quote 
Quote ( Joacim Svensson @ October 17th 2021,10:31:44 )

Can somebody please help me explain what happend after the first pit stop (25 laps in) here: /gb/racescreen.asp?Group=Rookie%20-%2058

I was disappointed to see in this line you weren't saying swear words but in all of the others you wrote, you were :D
Joacim Svensson
(Group Rookie - 58)

Sweden 
Certified: 
Like this post (4)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #8 posted Oct 17th 2021, 15:05:15 Quote 
Well, God dam. 😂 You live and learn!
Page [1

Reply to this topic