Page [1
Author Topic: Pitting 21 replies
Chris Sipos
(Group Rookie - 34)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (3)
Old post #1 posted Oct 28th 2021, 18:42:00 Quote 
The ability to call in your car or tell it to stay out during the race
Quentin Rieg
(Group Rookie - 96)

France 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #2 posted Oct 28th 2021, 18:43:04 Quote 
Is it a question or what ?
Teagarden Wrecks
(Group Amateur - 44)

Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #3 posted Oct 28th 2021, 18:51:56 Quote 
I think it's meant to be a suggestion
Chris Sipos
(Group Rookie - 34)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #4 posted Oct 28th 2021, 18:58:34 Quote 
Yes sorry............it was a suggestion for a race upgrade
Peter Willmore
(Group Amateur - 29)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (5)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #5 posted Oct 28th 2021, 19:01:33 Quote 
Quote ( Chris Sipos @ October 28th 2021,18:42:00 )

I fully understand why you would sugest this however you have to remember this is a global game, so what is a decent time for someone here in the uk is the middle of the night for others, it would make it very unfair on those in what are "bad timezones"
Teagarden Wrecks
(Group Amateur - 44)

Canada 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (4)
Old post #6 posted Oct 28th 2021, 19:08:56 Quote 
Quote ( Peter Willmore @ October 28th 2021,19:01:33 )

I fully understand why you would sugest this however you have to remember this is a global game, so what is a decent time for someone here in the uk is the middle of the night for others, it would make it very unfair on those in what are "bad timezones"

So I know this is the obvious answer, but it got me thinking. and that as currently run, the idea couldn't work because the race is actually already over when we watch the "live" replay...

But what if people could do this, but could not change their fuel settings.

Get the benefit of over/undercut, but have to plan to overfuel somewhere or risk an extra pit at the end, which could, negate the benefit gained over those sleeping or at work.
Chris Sipos
(Group Rookie - 34)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #7 posted Oct 28th 2021, 19:11:11 Quote 
Good thinking
Ricardo Antunes
(Group Amateur - 28)

Portugal 
Certified: 
Old post #8 posted Oct 28th 2021, 19:13:11 Quote 
Quote ( Teagarden Wrecks @ October 28th 2021,19:08:56 )

So I know this is the obvious answer, but it got me thinking. and that as currently run, the idea couldn't work because the race is actually already over when we watch the "live" replay...

Get the benefit of over/undercut, but have to plan to overfuel somewhere or risk an extra pit at the end, which could, negate the benefit gained over those sleeping or at work.

I don't understand... how could people do live changes if as you said, the race is calculated before we get to see it?

I assume you mean you would call the driver in to make a pitstop at time you would want to?
Teagarden Wrecks
(Group Amateur - 44)

Canada 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #9 posted Oct 28th 2021, 19:33:44 Quote 
Quote ( Ricardo Antunes @ October 28th 2021,19:13:11 )

I don't understand... how could people do live changes if as you said, the race is calculated before we get to see it?

Exactly as the game is now, it can't be done. and I don't imagine the game will ever change a system where we watch while it calculates.

So the rest is essentially a thought experiment on "What if"
Miel Soeterbroek
(Group Elite)

Netherlands 
Certified: 
Old post #10 posted Oct 28th 2021, 19:57:28 (last edited Oct 28th 2021, 19:59:00 by Miel Soeterbroek) Quote 
So i benefit from doing a "live" over/undercut on a predetermined race outcome?
How? How do others “see” my over/undercut? Or how do i see theirs in order to respond to it?

Teagarden Wrecks
(Group Amateur - 44)

Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #11 posted Oct 28th 2021, 20:02:13 Quote 
With the current game engine, this wouldn't work.
Miel Soeterbroek
(Group Elite)

Netherlands 
Certified: 
Like this post (4)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #12 posted Oct 28th 2021, 20:12:01 Quote 
And with a desire to remain a fair game across the globe, it never will ;)
MG van Rensburg
(Group Amateur - 27)

South Africa 
Certified: 
Old post #13 posted Oct 28th 2021, 20:23:57 (last edited Oct 28th 2021, 20:26:33 by MG van Rensburg) Quote 
Quote ( Teagarden Wrecks @ October 28th 2021,19:08:56 )

Quote ( Peter Willmore @ October 28th 2021,19:01:33 )

Not one for even trying to comprehend what others are saying are you?
Mick Ridley
(Group Master - 1)

GPRO Crew
England 
Certified: 
Old post #14 posted Oct 28th 2021, 20:56:43 Quote 
Quote ( Chris Sipos @ October 28th 2021,18:42:00 )

However, after the qualifying closes, the race is "run". What you see, is basically a replay, so calling your car to pits in "real time" , is impossible

Jens Jäschke
(Group Amateur - 28)

Germany 
Certified: 
Like this post (3)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #15 posted Oct 28th 2021, 21:25:27 Quote 
The best we could do and still keep it fair for people who aren't able to watch the race live, would be to set planned pit laps when setting the race strategy.
Instead of just just putting the fuel for the stint, you'd also put in which lap the stint should end. If it's somewhat sensible (e.g. fuel <15%), the driver pits then instead of waiting till the fuel runs out.
Might cause problems with weather changes, though.
Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo
(Group Pro - 17)

Mexico 
Certified: 
Old post #16 posted Oct 28th 2021, 22:10:39 Quote 
Quote ( Jens Jäschke @ October 28th 2021,21:25:27 )

The best we could do and still keep it fair for people who aren't able to watch the race live, would be to set planned pit laps when setting the race strategy.
Instead of just just putting the fuel for the stint, you'd also put in which lap the stint should end. If it's somewhat sensible (e.g. fuel &lt;15%), the driver pits then instead of waiting till the fuel runs out.
Might cause problems with weather changes, though.

Not only that it makes tyre and fuel calculations mostly redundant, just be close and you will still pit where you want.

Worried about fuel, some.liters but you would still stop on the desired lap.
Ken Neihart
(Group Pro - 14)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #17 posted Oct 29th 2021, 00:42:37 Quote 
This can be done now and is something I've done for years now. Simply add more fuel or run lower on fuel depending on what you want to do. Depending on track and temps this can't always be done depending on tyre wear, but it can be done on most races.

No way this can be done live and that's a good thing since most managers can't be on when we see the race but, it is the closest you can get to live you just need to plan for how you want to run a particular race.
Jens Jäschke
(Group Amateur - 28)

Germany 
Certified: 
Old post #18 posted Oct 29th 2021, 11:17:45 Quote 
Quote ( Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo @ October 28th 2021,22:10:39 )

Not only that it makes tyre and fuel calculations mostly redundant, just be close and you will still pit where you want.

Not really. There would still be an advantage of calculating the fuel as close as you can to avoid carrying around unnecessary weight. 5 litres extra carried for the whole race loses you quite a bit of time.
It would reduce the need for getting the calculations exactly right in the lower leagues, though. It would also reduce the frustration of new players ("Why can't the driver do as I planned?!?")

I don't see how this would impact tyre caluclations at all. Right now, you're determining your stint lenght through fuel 99.9% of the time. Picking tyres that last longer than you need just means you lose time.

Dmitry Argunov
(Group Amateur - 43)

Russian Federation 
Certified: 
Old post #19 posted Oct 29th 2021, 12:24:15 Quote 
I agree there is room for more flexibility around the strategy and specifically pit stop times. One of the ways to bring more fun to the strategy would be to make the pit stop decision (or maybe some other decisions as well like CT for instance) depend on some parameters, e.g. time to the car ahead (that could trigger undercut), time to finish, position, etc.

Would be also interesting to see what happens if people could set different CT for different parts of the race. Now that I write it, I'm pretty sure someone has posted similar ideas before :)
Frederik Broux
(Group Pro - 19)

Belgium 
Certified: 
Old post #20 posted Oct 29th 2021, 12:38:15 Quote 
I think some more flexibility on pit strategy would be welcome. Now you cant even know if your driver will be on dry or wet in stint 3 which causes problems in the fueling of course.

I would suggest 2 fuel load options in the pitstrategy. One for when its raining and one for when it's dry so that you know your driver is on the right fuel load for the right tyre.

Also an extra dropdown for don't pit if the weather changes if less then ... laps are remaining would be handy in my opinion.
Wilian Souza
(Group Amateur - 23)

Brazil 
Certified: 
Old post #21 posted Oct 29th 2021, 16:14:45 Quote 
Quote ( Frederik Broux @ October 29th 2021,12:38:15 )

I think some more flexibility on pit strategy would be welcome. Now you cant even know if your driver will be on dry or wet in stint 3 which causes problems in the fueling of course.

I would suggest 2 fuel load options in the pitstrategy. One for when its raining and one for when it's dry so that you know your driver is on the right fuel load for the right tyre.

Also an extra dropdown for don't pit if the weather changes if less then ... laps are remaining would be handy in my opinion.

I was thinking about the same idea, so I fully support it!
Jens Jäschke
(Group Amateur - 28)

Germany 
Certified: 
Old post #22 posted Oct 29th 2021, 19:30:44 Quote 
Quote ( Frederik Broux @ October 29th 2021,12:38:15 )

In general, I'd be all in favor of these suggestions, but they would be a huge impact on core gameplay. At that point, you're almost better off developing GPRO2.
Page [1

Reply to this topic