Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Off topic forum > A discussion with Sam Martin (enter at own risk) Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist
Page « 1 2 3 [45 » Quick go to page:
Author Topic: A discussion with Sam Martin (enter at own risk) 121 replies
Sonny Long
(Group Rookie - 91)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #91 posted Nov 25th 2021, 15:49:37 Quote 
Sam, just out of curiosity, where did you find this site? I'm just curious.
Robert Kearney
(Group Pro - 21)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #92 posted Nov 25th 2021, 22:51:16 Quote 
To the tune from jungle book.

” It’s all about me, me, me”
Cameron Halsall
(Group Pro - 14)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #93 posted Nov 25th 2021, 22:56:01 Quote 
America is a great country. This is not a controversial statement.
Cameron Halsall
(Group Pro - 14)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #94 posted Nov 25th 2021, 22:56:59 Quote 
Quote ( Ilia Lilov @ November 24th 2021,23:35:11 )

Quote ( Paul Brosnan @ November 24th 2021,23:10:16 )

It's best to treat this forum like a public urinal. You write a message, take a piss and move on.
Ah that explains the 3k+ dislikes

Lots of very fickle people on here unfortunately.
Cameron Halsall
(Group Pro - 14)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #95 posted Nov 25th 2021, 22:59:56 Quote 
In all seriousness, the negative reaction to OP explains why there is so much wrong with the world right now. Is it really so hard to tolerate the opinions of others?
Jack Wemyss
(Group Pro - 8)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (3)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #96 posted Nov 26th 2021, 00:42:37 Quote 

It's best to treat this forum like a public urinal. You write a message, take a piss and move on.

I was genuinely shocked the figure was that low
Paul Brosnan
(Group Amateur - 45)

Ireland 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (3)
Old post #97 posted Nov 26th 2021, 21:01:33 Quote 

Quote ( Jack Wemyss @ November 26th 2021,00:42:37 )

I was genuinely shocked the figure was that low

Hows your wife's new boyfriend doing?
Sean Collins
(Group Rookie - 85)

Isle Of Man 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #98 posted Nov 30th 2021, 18:55:33 Quote 
And now he has his own thread hahaha

Just so everyone knows:
Someone told me how he was harassed by Sam via Mail, and just told him to not message him, in turn, Sam went to a certain Mod (who was coincidentally also his mentor) claiming he was the one being harassed and that person was punished because "he answered him" even though he just told him to stop.

This is the reason i quit this game, because im not gonna waste my time here if some people can just fabricate lies and get me reprimanded or possibly even banned. It doesnt matter if its him, or anyone else. I wont support something like that.
Just look how i was treated in the other thread when i actually engaged in a constructive conversation with him and was a lot friendlier than the replies here. He was spreading lies about me, i defended myself and simply explained that its not true. My post was removed while his (where he blatantly slanders me) was allowed to stay. I asked that mod multiple times to please delete his posts too, as i thought it was just a missunderstanding. I was being told that that wont happen because im the problem and Sam "didnt break any rules".

I know now why this community has such a bad reputation and everyone advises not to start playing.
Its a shame because there are a lot of awesome people here and the game is actually great. I was one of the few new players that are serious about the game and want to play long term.

The whole community is fed up with him, and at this point he has broken every rule there is to break. If they dont want to ban him, then thats ok, but why punish the people who stand up to his lies? Either you punish everyone equally or you dont do anything at all. This is just bias and will deter a lot of new players. It would be so easy to just give these people a temporary forum ban, you dont even need to ban them from the game.
Instead he gets his own thread where he can insult people all he wants, by the same mod who is biased towards him! Note that i was actually getting along really well with that mod and had some nice conversations, but as soon as Sam said something about me i was treated disrespectfully and being threatened by them!

This post will probably be deleted anyways, but i just wanted to tell everyone why i suddenly left. I want to apologize to everyone who kept a spot open for me in the forum games as well as to Team Viper. Thanks for the fun times and all the help you guys have given me.
André de Carvalho
(Group Pro - 7)

Brazil 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #99 posted Nov 30th 2021, 19:29:31 Quote 
Poor baby. Lemme hug you
Vladimir Alexandrov
(Administrator)

GPRO Crew
Bulgaria 
Certified: 
Like this post (7)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #100 posted Nov 30th 2021, 19:33:21 Quote 
Quote ( Sean Collins @ November 30th 2021,18:55:33 )

he was the one being harassed and that person was punished because "he answered him" even though he just told him to stop.

Interesting, Sam told me he (will) quit for the exact same reason. I wonder why that is?

If you think moderating such a forum is easy, then by all means I throw a challenge at you directly to join the crew as forum moderator and we can see how you will deal with things. Up for the challenge, Sean? And, no I've never done this in public, but in your short time here I noticed you may be suitable for the job and are full of energy to make a change :)

As a forum mod, maybe you can make the change from the inside in how we approach things and hopefully make things better.
Paul Brosnan
(Group Rookie - 43)

Ireland 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (3)
Old post #101 posted Nov 30th 2021, 19:36:31 Quote 
Quote ( Vladimir Alexandrov @ November 30th 2021,19:33:21 )

he was the one being harassed and that person was punished because "he answered him" even though he just told him to stop.

Interesting, Sam told me he (will) quit for the exact same reason. I wonder why that is?

If you think moderating such a forum is easy, then by all means I throw a challenge at you directly to join the crew as forum moderator and we can see how you will deal with things. Up for the challenge, Sean? And, no I've never done this in public, but in your short time here I noticed you may be suitable for the job and are full of energy to make a change :)

As a forum mod, maybe you can make the change from the inside in how we approach things and hopefully make things better.

Shut up Vlad.
Vladimir Alexandrov
(Administrator)

GPRO Crew
Bulgaria 
Certified: 
Like this post (7)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #102 posted Nov 30th 2021, 19:38:59 Quote 
Quote ( Paul Brosnan @ November 30th 2021,19:36:31 )

Shut up Vlad.

Sorry boss, I go back into my cave now.
Adrian Woods
(Group Pro - 23)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #103 posted Nov 30th 2021, 21:29:02 (last edited Nov 30th 2021, 21:30:06 by Adrian Woods) Quote 
Having read all of the thread, there is one thing that's confusing me. What is deemed to be disrespectful ?...With some of the comments I've come across, it seems like there's an ''open invitation'' to say whatever comes into your head.
Niels Van Heijster
(Group Pro - 20)

Netherlands 
Certified: 
Old post #104 posted Nov 30th 2021, 22:42:33 Quote 
To some extend being respectful has a POV element to it, referencing ones own background I guess. To me being respectful is about how you would treat you (grand-)parents. And maybe for ease of use, possibly about how you would like to be treated yourself ...

Then again, there's some wiggle room to be able to express yourself when disagreeing with a certain POV that's not yours ...
Adrian Woods
(Group Pro - 23)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #105 posted Dec 1st 2021, 05:19:22 Quote 
You make a valid point, but there are some comments that are beyond a joke.
Sonny Long
(Group Rookie - 91)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #106 posted Dec 1st 2021, 16:00:10 Quote 
##nominate Sean for mod
Luke Frost
(Group Master - 5)

Australia 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #107 posted Dec 1st 2021, 17:19:58 Quote 
These overly sensitive men are getting more attention than they deserve.
Roy Mitchell
(Group Amateur - 67)

Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #108 posted Dec 2nd 2021, 05:29:10 Quote 
Best observation in ages.
Sonny Long
(Group Rookie - 91)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (2)
Old post #109 posted Dec 2nd 2021, 13:16:19 Quote 
@Vladimir Alexandrov (R3), wehn we are we appointing @Sean Collins (R85) as mod?
Vladimir Alexandrov
(Administrator)

GPRO Crew
Bulgaria 
Certified: 
Like this post (3)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #110 posted Dec 2nd 2021, 13:22:17 Quote 
Quote ( Sonny Long @ December 2nd 2021,13:16:19 )

@Vladimir Alexandrov (R3), wehn we are we appointing @Sean Collins (R85) as mod?

As soon as he appears here and accepts the challenge. If someone can reach him outside this site, then let him know.
Sonny Long
(Group Rookie - 91)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (2)
Old post #111 posted Dec 2nd 2021, 14:20:46 Quote 
Quote ( Vladimir Alexandrov @ December 2nd 2021,13:22:17 )

Quote ( Sonny Long @ December 2nd 2021,13:16:19 )

@Vladimir Alexandrov (R3), wehn we are we appointing @Sean Collins (R85) as a mod?

As soon as he appears here and accepts the challenge. If someone can reach him outside this site, then let him know.
k. I'll try to find him on Instagram. @Vladimir Alexandrov (R3), do you want to try and find him on other social media?
Robert Kearney
(Group Pro - 21)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #112 posted Dec 5th 2021, 16:42:59 Quote 
I am Sean Collins :)
Sonny Long
(Group Rookie - 91)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #113 posted Dec 5th 2021, 16:44:13 Quote 
Quote ( Robert Kearney @ December 5th 2021,16:42:59 )

I am Sean Collins :)
weird, you don't look like him ;)
Samoeni Albanalopolis
(Group Amateur - 53)

Albania 
Certified: 
Old post #114 posted Dec 5th 2021, 22:47:07 Quote 
Who is Roy?
Sean Collins
(Group Retired)

Isle Of Man 
Certified: 
Like this post (3)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #115 posted Feb 4th 2022, 17:42:40 Quote 
Quote ( Vladimir Alexandrov @ November 30th 2021,19:33:21 )

I dont think moderating such a forum is easy at all. I actually have experience in moderating communities. The only reason im calling these things out is because i know how hard it is to keep things civil on the internet.

I totally believe that Sam is saying the same things. Those lies are the exact behavior i was warning you from.

I have no reason to believe that your offer was anything else than sarcasm, but if youre actually serious, then shoot me a message. If you guys are willing to talk about the things that went down, then im more than happy to come back and help out. I was actually about to ask if you need another moderator, since your team is pretty small for the size of this community.

I also never said all of you mods are doing a bad job. I was actually surprised with how well moderated this forum is. As i said, i only heard bad things about this community and those statements werent true at all. I was solely referring to this one case.

I have nothing but respect for you, Vlad. Have a nice day.
André de Carvalho
(Group Pro - 7)

Brazil 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #116 posted Feb 4th 2022, 17:54:34 Quote 

Quote ( Sean Collins @ February 4th 2022,17:42:40 )

I totally believe that Sam is saying the same things. Those lies are the exact behavior i was warning you from.

Sam wasn't even Sam. He got caught lying about his name (ironic, huh?)
Roy Mitchell
(Group Amateur - 67)

Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #117 posted Feb 5th 2022, 01:43:56 Quote 
No, not really. That's the kind of person he appeared to be, from my point of view. What is startling is how many people have that 'version' of the 'facts'.

I don't have actual figures so this how I guess things to be:

'Global warming' is now affecting the bottom 60% of the people of the world. They are helpless to change much of anything while struggling to survive. 40% is along for the ride and only 10% of them can truly cause change.

The power imbalance, to change anything in dealing with such a massive problem, is in the 4% power band. Corporation's, countries and multi-billionaires could be doing something for humanity. Why aren't they doing their bit? One is 'money' and the other is 'politics and power' and more... money and more... power.

All countries could put away the bs big conferences that amount to a public relations show. Did they, all 40,000 participants 'pay' for their carbon foot print to attend COP26? Even if they did, what a waste of resources and creating pollution. We should be advocating for real and immediate action from our governments and corporations to mitigate the future effects of global warming. Don't hold your breath, they can't agree to phase out coal power. wtf?

How many countries have stated carbon emission 'targets' and at the same time release 'new' oil leases and coal mining is allowed to continue in protected areas, clear cutting and drilling for oil in the Amazon! The list is endless and for that reason alone there is little being done to ameliorate the situation and future dynamics that will occur.

Taking on, only one of any aspect of the climate problem and you will be rebuffed by corporations and politicians with myriad of reasons why they can't do 'the better/right thing! Oil companies are great at telling you lies, i.e. to recycle plastics. Only 4% of todays plastic is recycled and they have known that since early 1970's. Politicians need no introduction to BS101 they spout a lot but do little.

"We recycle", my ass, it gets trucked to the dump and buried like everything else. Black plastic can't be recycled or removed in the load, it's all garbage. Recycle paper... should be easy, right? "Don't put paper to recycle that has been contaminated by food." Everybody stuffs the pizza box in the paper recycle... off to the dump, not able to recycle that load either. I pay for the privilege of having my city government throw money away for 'recycle' that does not occur. Can't stop recycling now....! there's an election coming and this is part of the pitch to get re-elected.

I fell into a rant didn't I? heheheee

Now... I wait and cringe that Sam might still be here. :)
James Hitchen
(Group Pro - 4)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (8)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #118 posted Feb 5th 2022, 02:22:39 Quote 
so after all this the key points i’m getting is Sam isn’t real and Roy caused global warming? absolutely abysmal end to the plot line, really hope there isn’t a sequel to this. the way some characters were written out the plot with such drama and then returned so quick was disappointing. I swear Luke Frost makes a cameo appearance in everything i watch these days. one positive was the great character arc of Sean, really thought it was a nice little sub plot. Overall it’s been clearly set up for more instalments as a desperate cash grab by shoddy actors, can’t see it winning an Oscar. Would benefit from an unexpected sex scene between Vlad and Thijs to add some sexual tension throughout. 4/10
Roy Mitchell
(Group Amateur - 67)

Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #119 posted Feb 5th 2022, 03:54:32 Quote 
Actually I am reducing my carbon foot print. Using text saves on the oxygen I need to talk and my respiration causes less pollution.

Now, if you're talking about subject matter well... yes I may be causing pollution... of the mind or perhaps that is what I suffer from.
André de Carvalho
(Group Pro - 7)

Brazil 
Certified: 
Old post #120 posted Feb 5th 2022, 04:26:12 Quote 
Quote ( James Hitchen @ February 5th 2022,02:22:39 )

so after all this the key points i’m getting is Sam isn’t real and Roy caused global warming? absolutely abysmal end to the plot line, really hope there isn’t a sequel to this. the way some characters were written out the plot with such drama and then returned so quick was disappointing. I swear Luke Frost makes a cameo appearance in everything i watch these days. one positive was the great character arc of Sean, really thought it was a nice little sub plot. Overall it’s been clearly set up for more instalments as a desperate cash grab by shoddy actors, can’t see it winning an Oscar. Would benefit from an unexpected sex scene between Vlad and Thijs to add some sexual tension throughout. 4/10

I miss you so much, James
Page « 1 2 3 [45 » Quick go to page:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Off topic forum > A discussion with Sam Martin (enter at own risk) Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist

Reply to this topic