Page [1
Author Topic: First Staff decision 26 replies
Chris Shaw
(Group Pro - 9)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (19)   Dislike this post (2)
Old post #1 posted Nov 28th 2021, 19:37:19 Quote 
Can we be given more than 1 day for the first staff decision, for some players the time zone means cut off for first price increase is a few playable hours away from season start and also a lot of us can’t guarantee being able to play Sunday afternoon / evening to prepare for the Monday morning cut off.

Just seems a bit demanding, too late this time but for next time please?
Richard Robin Paukson
(Group Pro - 6)

Estonia 
Certified: 
Like this post (3)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #2 posted Nov 29th 2021, 12:11:43 Quote 
This should idea should definitely be considered, especially if the season reset happens on a Sunday.
Ivan Silva
(Group Master - 5)

Portugal 
Certified: 
Like this post (4)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #3 posted Nov 29th 2021, 12:41:25 Quote 
Hm... Increments right? What was the point of them again?
Jose Filipe
(Group Elite)

Portugal 
Certified: 
Like this post (3)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #4 posted Nov 29th 2021, 13:11:48 Quote 
Hi can see your point Chris

Best solution could be have the first staff market decision on Tuesday, not Monday
Luke Frost
(Group Master - 5)

Australia 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (2)
Old post #5 posted Nov 29th 2021, 13:17:43 Quote 
Makes little difference IMO
Frederik Broux
(Group Master - 3)

Belgium 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #6 posted Nov 29th 2021, 13:23:16 Quote 
I think there was about 24h between the season reset and the first price increase. That should be sufficient in my opinion.
Ivan Silva
(Group Master - 5)

Portugal 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #7 posted Nov 29th 2021, 13:45:10 Quote 
Quote ( Frederik Broux @ November 29th 2021,13:23:16 )

I think there was about 24h between the season reset and the first price increase. That should be sufficient in my opinion.

Not having increments would be sufficient enough. But instead of having all the bids comming on 19:00 CET, they just come at 11:00 CET and whoever is onlike takes advantage of it.
Without increments you would have more than 24h to scout the market without financial penalty and you wouldnt have to switch any schedules.
Miel Soeterbroek
(Group Elite)

Netherlands 
Certified: 
Like this post (12)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #8 posted Nov 29th 2021, 13:48:01 Quote 

Yawn Ivan, we know by now you're not a fan of the increments, you leave no opportunity unused to repeat that. You ever get tired of yourself?

Simplest fix here is a simple matter of clarity:
- reset on Sunday? 1st market day Tuesday.
- reset on Saturday? Market on Monday.

Aaaaaaand done.
Vladimir Alexandrov
(Administrator)

GPRO Crew
Bulgaria 
Certified: 
Like this post (10)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #9 posted Nov 29th 2021, 14:04:12 Quote 
Quote ( Miel Soeterbroek @ November 29th 2021,13:48:01 )

Here is what we actually use:

- reset on Sunday later than 12:00? 1st market day Tuesday.
- reset on Saturday or Sunday no later than 12:00? Market on Monday.
Ivan Silva
(Group Master - 5)

Portugal 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #10 posted Nov 29th 2021, 14:06:30 Quote 
Quote ( Vladimir Alexandrov @ November 29th 2021,14:04:12 )

11:00 CET maybe? Just to give 24h until first increment.

Again, it doesnt bother me at all as i can adapt to any system. But i dont think people should be penalized financially because they are in a less suitable timezone. The timezone problem was just shifted.
Ania Piekarska
(Group Elite)

Poland 
Certified: 
Like this post (17)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #11 posted Nov 29th 2021, 14:20:07 Quote 
May I suggest simply having market on Tuesday no matter when is the reset?

The current way we don't know which day the market will be until Sunday, because we don't know the reset time until it happens. It isn't very important, but it's nice to know this in advance to be able to plan Monday/Tuesday schedule if one needs it.

Quote ( Ivan Silva @ November 29th 2021,14:06:30 )

The timezone problem was just shifted.
Partially, yes. But the advantage you get is much smaller now.
Miel Soeterbroek
(Group Elite)

Netherlands 
Certified: 
Old post #12 posted Nov 29th 2021, 14:23:41 Quote 

Quote ( Miel Soeterbroek @ November 29th 2021,13:48:01 )

Knew there'd be some sort of logic :)
Ania makes a valid point though, that the uncertainty remains with this setup, until the reset actually happens/starts
Diogo Schwinn
(Group Master - 2)

Brazil 
Certified: 
Old post #13 posted Nov 29th 2021, 14:38:29 Quote 
We also know that this happens every 2 months, and that the first increment is only 500k.

I agree that having a logic would help, but as it is, it doesn't interfere that much. And the time difference in Brazil sucks...
Josh Clark
(Group Master - 4)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #14 posted Nov 29th 2021, 15:02:21 Quote 
Expressed my feelings before about forcing people to put time into this game on Sundays or take a financial penalty. Days of the week might not matter to some, but others who live heavily by routine play the game because there's only two routinely scheduled races a week.

Completely agree with Ania. If a reset occurs over the weekend, the first staff market should always be a Tuesday. Then there's always at least 35 hours (more importantly an entire day) to search for staff after the reset, and 41 hours between the completion of the first market and the first price rise of the second for people who missed out in the first. Instead of barely 12 waking hours, or less for some.
Chris Shaw
(Group Pro - 9)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (5)   Dislike this post (2)
Old post #15 posted Nov 29th 2021, 15:09:26 (last edited Nov 29th 2021, 15:11:03 by Chris Shaw) Quote 
I think this thread is lost on the basis that those who put GPRO before their lives don't care. How can someone honestly have time to properly search for staff, compare the effects of different ones on your financial plan (testing wear, testing gains, etc), assess their group competitors and then make all their offers when on that particular day they were at work / visiting family and so on.

For the record I posted this after a massive family argument, because I wanted to review some drivers before going to see my grandfather. I shouldn't be put in that position, end of. And I know I am not alone, perhaps in this particular circumstance yes, but in general no. Lucky those who can log in to play a game any time, but not all of us can.

There's normally no big problem with staff market on Monday and race reset on Sundays (regardless of time of day) because we can take time on Sunday afternoon or any time monday - but now there's financial penalties for doing it on the Monday.

My view - real life first, GPRO 2nd. You're welcome to have a different view, but I don't respect it...

Edit: I'd have been suggesting this anyway regardless of my circumstances, it's about making the game a better game not me.
Ania Piekarska
(Group Elite)

Poland 
Certified: 
Old post #16 posted Nov 29th 2021, 15:39:25 Quote 
Chris, either I misunderstood your post or you misunderstood the thread. I see majority agreeing with your opening post, so I don't see how this thread is lost :O
Christopher Delehanty
(Group Amateur - 79)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #17 posted Nov 29th 2021, 16:43:44 Quote 
Just want to put in my two cents agreeing with the proposed change. One of the great things about this game (for me) is the flexibility to play when life allows rather than planning life around the game. It seems like providing 24 additional hours before the market runs is an easy way to allow people flexibility that they might need, and I don't see the downside.
Mike Bennett
(Group Pro - 12)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #18 posted Nov 29th 2021, 17:58:34 Quote 

Welcome to Season 85! Yesterday at 11:30:06 - Vladimir Alexandrov

Knowing that this is how things are done, one could ask the question of why would you do the reset 30 mins before the cut-off time, I mean you could have made a nice cup of tea and whip up a simple ham and mushroom omelette, for a quick snack after all your hard work ...and then do the reset just after 12.00 noon, and everybody would be happy :)

Perhaps one solution would be to have the reset on the Sunday at 12 noon, with the first staff market on the Tuesday as the default reset option. I, for one, am happy for the extra day to sort things out before the reset.

~~~~~

Also, (off-topic) but can we have it that you cannot leave a team in the period 'after the last race update and before the new season reset' to keep the team points...OR if they do leave in this period then the team does not lose all the team points that the manager accrued in the season.
Miel Soeterbroek
(Group Elite)

Netherlands 
Certified: 
Old post #19 posted Nov 29th 2021, 18:12:49 Quote 
Maybe El Prezzie had plans at noon?
Shaun Thornton
(Group Pro - 25)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #20 posted Nov 29th 2021, 18:34:09 (last edited Nov 29th 2021, 18:36:01 by Shaun Thornton) Quote 
Quote ( Chris Shaw @ November 29th 2021,15:09:26 )

For the record I posted this after a massive family argument, because I wanted to review some drivers before going to see my grandfather. I shouldn't be put in that position, end of. And I know I am not alone, perhaps in this particular circumstance yes, but in general no. Lucky those who can log in to play a game any time, but not all of us can.

GPRO just isn't worth that Chris, fully agree. especially in these times.

Hope your grandad is ok BTW.

Quote ( Chris Shaw @ November 29th 2021,15:09:26 )

[i

My view - real life first, GPRO 2nd. You're welcome to have a different view, but I don't respect it...

Ditto
Ken Neihart
(Group Amateur - 69)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #21 posted Nov 29th 2021, 19:45:17 Quote 
Wouldn't it be easier to just make sure you're not in the market madness to start with?

Ricardo Antunes
(Group Amateur - 28)

Portugal 
Certified: 
Old post #22 posted Nov 29th 2021, 19:46:48 Quote 
Quote ( Ken Neihart @ November 29th 2021,19:45:17 )

Wouldn't it be easier to just make sure you're not in the market madness to start with?

Unfortunately Amateur managers coming to Pro cannot call dibs on their TD's :P
Ken Neihart
(Group Amateur - 69)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #23 posted Nov 29th 2021, 20:16:49 Quote 
Quote ( Ricardo Antunes @ November 29th 2021,19:46:48 )

Unfortunately Amateur managers coming to Pro cannot call dibs on their TD's :P

OK, I didn't look at that angle. You would be correct then.....My bad.

In that case I'd say move it Tuesday or give a break on the price increase when it falls on a Sunday.
Mikko Heikkinen
(Group Pro - 5)

Finland 
Certified: 
Old post #24 posted Nov 29th 2021, 21:16:34 Quote 
It could be considered to "halve" the increment times for first market, or something like that
Ricardo Antunes
(Group Pro - 2)

Portugal 
Certified: 
Old post #25 posted Aug 15th 2022, 02:21:37 (last edited Aug 15th 2022, 02:24:05 by Ricardo Antunes) Quote 
I'm late to the party given the first increment is soon but people won't even have 24 hours between reset and the first decision....

Gonna have to wake up early tomorrow to do my sfuff :P

EDIT: idiot me didn't read back first and paid the price for it... so that's why reset was so early!!! :P
Thijs Rieken
(Group Pro - 10)

Netherlands 
Certified: 
Old post #26 posted Aug 15th 2022, 12:29:32 (last edited Aug 15th 2022, 12:34:08 by Thijs Rieken) Quote 
TBH the simplest fix is staying awake when you know you need staff by R1.

You want to be among the first to pick? Set an alarm.

Honestly, I really don't get the fuss and whinging about wanting to be on the first row but not actually wanting to put any effort in for it.
I remember playing an online game where I had to wake up in the middle of the night to launch an attack with my team mates, and I did. And when I didn't want to do that anymore, I stopped doing it.
Did that mean I was no longer on one of the premium teams? Yes it did. But actions have consequences, and being on top requires investment.
Ken Neihart
(Group Pro - 19)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #27 posted Aug 15th 2022, 14:24:03 Quote 
You nailed it, Thijs.

Quote ( Thijs Rieken @ August 15th 2022,12:29:32 )

I remember playing an online game where I had to wake up in the middle of the night to launch an attack with my team mates, and I did. And when I didn't want to do that anymore, I stopped doing it

I did the same for many years until I had enough of the sleepless nights. Grepolis by any chance?
Page [1

Reply to this topic