Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Forum games > To love music - (Ed.6) end Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist
Page « 1 2 [34 ... 39 40 41 » Quick go to page:
Author Topic: To love music - (Ed.6) end 1227 replies
Liviu Sandu
(Group Amateur - 72)

Topic mod
Romania 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #61 posted Jan 7th 2022, 12:39:08 (last edited Jan 7th 2022, 12:56:54 by Liviu Sandu) Quote 
Only the most voted song of the two proposed by each player will count in the ranking.
Votes for the least voted will be canceled.

Step by step, the regulation will occupy the first page of the subject. Maybe for this season it comes with the changes.
Unless you come up with great ideas....

I invite you to visit the application as well.
Also follow post # 2 where you will find out what's next in the next stage. You will have more time to prepare.
Interesting hint: When the voting is over, the next stage begins. In order for someone not to take your song, it is good to hurry the post.
Ilia Lilov
(Group Pro - 2)

Bulgaria 
Certified: 
Old post #62 posted Jan 7th 2022, 14:19:14 Quote 
Some people using 2 songs can dilute the votes. I say allow people to change the submission but keep it at 1 per player
Liviu Sandu
(Group Amateur - 72)

Topic mod
Romania 
Certified: 
Old post #63 posted Jan 7th 2022, 14:23:14 Quote 
Quote ( Ilia Lilov @ January 7th 2022,14:19:14 )

Some people using 2 songs can dilute the votes. I say allow people to change the submission but keep it at 1 per player

This is how we fit into the initial regulation.
In addition, I will not change anything this season.
Other proposals will be implemented in the future.
In these conditions, whoever posts two songs must communicate with which song they participate in the contest.
Warning in this regard for @Sonny Long (R91) .
Bert Meeus
(Group Amateur - 57)

Belgium 
Certified: 
Old post #64 posted Jan 7th 2022, 14:25:51 Quote 
Hmm disco songs from your own country for next round. I believe that is about the only genre which Belgian artists did completely ignore... I did search for 10 minutes on Google and did not find anything worth mentioning! I guess I will use my wildcard that round.
Liviu Sandu
(Group Amateur - 72)

Topic mod
Romania 
Certified: 
Old post #65 posted Jan 7th 2022, 14:28:11 Quote 
Quote ( Bert Meeus @ January 7th 2022,14:25:51 )

Hmm disco songs from your own country for next round. I believe that is about the only genre which Belgian artists did completely ignore... I did search for 10 minutes on Google and did not find anything worth mentioning! I guess I will use my wildcard that round.

@Bert Meeus (A57) you can use a song from France. It's a proposal. I thought that the disco genre is very widespread and I really didn't think that there were no songs of this kind in every country.
Liviu Sandu
(Group Amateur - 72)

Topic mod
Romania 
Certified: 
Old post #66 posted Jan 7th 2022, 14:35:31 Quote 
@Bert Meeus (A57) I'm sorry to let you know, but I did a google search and found many. You just have to choose. If not, use the wildcard to propose a piece from France.
Ilia Lilov
(Group Pro - 2)

Bulgaria 
Certified: 
Old post #67 posted Jan 7th 2022, 14:36:42 Quote 
I have a nice one from romania, though i am sure will find something fitting from my country
Liviu Sandu
(Group Amateur - 72)

Topic mod
Romania 
Certified: 
Old post #68 posted Jan 7th 2022, 14:40:23 Quote 
Quote ( Ilia Lilov @ January 7th 2022,14:36:42 )

I have a nice one from romania, though i am sure will find something fitting from my country

After 1990, many bands appeared in Romania, singing in English and playing beautiful songs. It is possible that you have heard them and do not know that they are Romanian ...
Bert Meeus
(Group Amateur - 57)

Belgium 
Certified: 
Old post #69 posted Jan 7th 2022, 14:41:05 Quote 

Quote ( Liviu Sandu @ January 7th 2022,14:28:11 )

Quote ( Bert Meeus @ January 7th 2022,14:25:51 )@Bert Meeus (A57) you can use a song from France. It's a proposal. I thought that the disco genre is very widespread and I really didn't think that there were no songs of this kind in every country.

Thanks, I am really surprised myself about this! I did search for 5 more minutes and I found something from the seventies which I never heard before but was apparently a worldwide hit according to Wikipedia. Problem solved! ;-)
Liviu Sandu
(Group Amateur - 72)

Topic mod
Romania 
Certified: 
Old post #70 posted Jan 7th 2022, 14:43:16 Quote 

Quote ( Bert Meeus @ January 7th 2022,14:41:05 )

Problem solved!

Take your time. You usually have almost a week to spare. Enough time, I say.
Ilia Lilov
(Group Pro - 2)

Bulgaria 
Certified: 
Old post #71 posted Jan 7th 2022, 15:08:47 Quote 
Quote ( Liviu Sandu @ January 7th 2022,14:40:23 )

After 1990, many bands appeared in Romania, singing in English and playing beautiful songs. It is possible that you have heard them and do not know that they are Romanian ...

I think you misunderstood me. I know a great disco band but they are romanian so I wont be able to use them next round.

Liviu Sandu
(Group Amateur - 72)

Topic mod
Romania 
Certified: 
Old post #72 posted Jan 7th 2022, 15:20:13 Quote 
Quote ( Ilia Lilov @ January 7th 2022,15:08:47 )

I think you misunderstood me. I know a great disco band but they are romanian so I wont be able to use them next round.

I understood perfectly what you said.
I was just saying that there are many Romanian music bands that no one has heard of or if they have heard of them, I don't know that they are from my country.
But I am just as sure that you have a choice of bands from your country.

Ilia Lilov
(Group Pro - 2)

Bulgaria 
Certified: 
Old post #73 posted Jan 7th 2022, 15:40:28 Quote 
Oh yeah already found something, bit jazzy, bit swingy...it should pass for disco
Christian Beaulieu
(Group Rookie - 21)

Canada 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #74 posted Jan 7th 2022, 16:59:43 Quote 
I know they are already 2 songs from Bob but it still is my favorite reggea song

Sonny Long
(Group Rookie - 91)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #75 posted Jan 7th 2022, 21:41:49 Quote 

I don't necessarily think Belgium ignored this entirely Bert (i.e. Lasgo, Milk Inc, Ian van Dahl etc.) but I can understand where you're coming from.
Sonny Long
(Group Rookie - 91)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #76 posted Jan 7th 2022, 21:42:52 Quote 

such as O Zone, Liviu
Bert Meeus
(Group Amateur - 57)

Belgium 
Certified: 
Old post #77 posted Jan 7th 2022, 21:53:11 Quote 
Quote ( Sonny Long @ January 7th 2022,21:41:49 )

I don't necessarily think Belgium ignored this entirely Bert (i.e. Lasgo, Milk Inc, Ian van Dahl etc.) but I can understand where you're coming from.

All very good artists from Belgium, but to me this is rather dance music, not disco music. And that brings us back to the remark of Damir in his unjoin message about how you define a music genre. If Liviu agrees Milk Inc's "Walk on Water" can be classified as disco, I will pick that song.
Ania Piekarska
(Group Elite)

Poland 
Certified: 
Old post #78 posted Jan 7th 2022, 22:21:36 Quote 

Liviu Sandu
(Group Amateur - 72)

Topic mod
Romania 
Certified: 
Old post #79 posted Jan 8th 2022, 05:45:36 Quote 
Dance music is music composed specifically to facilitate or accompany dancing. It can be either a whole musical piece or part of a larger musical arrangement. In terms of performance, the major categories are live dance music and recorded dance music.

Disco is a genre of dance music and a subculture that emerged in the 1970s from the United States' urban nightlife scene. Its sound is typified by four-on-the-floor beats, syncopated basslines, string sections, horns, electric piano, synthesizers, and electric rhythm guitars.

So I can accept that we can select from both categories. Sometimes the genres are difficult to differentiate, especially since some combine elements of several genres.
Liviu Sandu
(Group Amateur - 72)

Topic mod
Romania 
Certified: 
Old post #80 posted Jan 8th 2022, 06:04:52 Quote 
I promised that this game will be different from GPROVISION. And that's what we do.
That's why one of the elements is related to the posts outside the contest that I do or those that have already been eliminated.
We make life difficult for those who remain in the competition. It will be harder for them to choose.
It's hard to become a champion. Let's make them sweat a little ...
Liviu Sandu
(Group Amateur - 72)

Topic mod
Romania 
Certified: 
Old post #81 posted Jan 9th 2022, 10:14:38 Quote 
We are waiting for proposals from: Cameron Halsall , Farkhad Rakhimzhanov, Mikko Suhonen, Skyler Marsons. Also out-of-competition proposals for those who have a single song.
Anyone who wants to can register until Tuesday at the time of the GPRO race. Starting with the second stage, registrations are no longer accepted.
Sonny Long
(Group Rookie - 91)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #82 posted Jan 9th 2022, 13:15:46 Quote 
@Liviu Sandu (A72) I don't think the UK had any kind of dance producers around, is it ok if I use my wildcard for round 2 please?
Liviu Sandu
(Group Amateur - 72)

Topic mod
Romania 
Certified: 
Old post #83 posted Jan 9th 2022, 13:22:48 Quote 
Quote ( Sonny Long @ January 9th 2022,13:15:46 )

I don't think the UK had any kind of dance producers around, is it ok if I use my wildcard for round 2 please?
You're kidding?

Sonny Long
(Group Rookie - 91)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #84 posted Jan 9th 2022, 13:24:17 Quote 
Quote ( Liviu Sandu @ January 9th 2022,13:22:48 )

Quote ( Sonny Long @ January 9th 2022,13:15:46 )

I don't think the UK had any kind of dance producers around, is it ok if I use my wildcard for round 2 please?
You're kidding?

what, about the inability of the UK to have Dance music, or my wildcard use so early on?
Liviu Sandu
(Group Amateur - 72)

Topic mod
Romania 
Certified: 
Old post #85 posted Jan 9th 2022, 18:13:16 Quote 
Quote ( Sonny Long @ January 9th 2022,13:24:17 )

what, about the inability of the UK to have Dance music, or my wildcard use so early on?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:British_disco_groups

Nicholas Bryant
(Group Amateur - 73)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #86 posted Jan 9th 2022, 22:48:11 (last edited Jan 9th 2022, 22:53:54 by Nicholas Bryant) Quote 
@Liviu Sandu (A72) Imo it's good to evaluate and improve but I am getting a little confused re the various rule changes...how are we to vote now?
Confusion...

Liviu Sandu
(Group Amateur - 72)

Topic mod
Romania 
Certified: 
Old post #87 posted Jan 10th 2022, 02:45:30 Quote 
Quote ( Nicholas Bryant @ January 9th 2022,22:48:11 )

Imo it's good to evaluate and improve but I am getting a little confused re the various rule changes...how are we to vote now?
Confusion...

I admit that some rules have been changed. I prefer to say improved. But let's consider that it is a beta season, in which we tried to adapt everything according to your preferences.
But as I said before, nothing changes from now on.
Regarding the vote, things are clear.
Voting takes place during the periods and in the manner described in post # 1.
If you have any problems, please let me know.
Cameron Halsall
(Group Amateur - 32)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #88 posted Jan 10th 2022, 13:06:34 Quote 

Mikko Suhonen
(Group Amateur - 18)

Finland 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #89 posted Jan 10th 2022, 21:37:45 Quote 
Reggae entry

Liviu Sandu
(Group Amateur - 72)

Topic mod
Romania 
Certified: 
Old post #90 posted Jan 11th 2022, 06:50:57 (last edited Jan 11th 2022, 16:17:42 by Liviu Sandu) Quote 
OK. We are still waiting for Skyler Marsons among those registered.
At the same time, those who still want to register still have time until tonight at race time.
Voting starts tonight and the songs posted from that moment will no longer be taken into account.

So how do you vote?

Enter the application, select the user (so that the application knows who you are). Click the Continue button that appears after you have selected your name.
On the home page, in the table with users, you will find yourself and next to your name there is written "vote". You press it and the voting form opens.
In turn, select the songs you propose for each of the three available places. After selecting the song, vote by pressing the button characteristic of each song.
You can submit your changes via PM whenever you change your mind. But not after the voting period ends ...
Page « 1 2 [34 ... 39 40 41 » Quick go to page:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Forum games > To love music - (Ed.6) end Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist

Reply to this topic