Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Forum games > F1 Forum Game S222 - How to F1FG Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist
Page « 1 2 3 ... 24 25 [26 Quick go to page:
Author Topic: F1 Forum Game S222 - How to F1FG 774 replies
Richard Robin Paukson
(Group Pro - 6)

Estonia 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #751 posted Feb 5th 2022, 11:20:42 Quote 
Finish
Liviu Sandu
(Group Amateur - 72)

Romania 
Certified: 
Old post #752 posted Feb 5th 2022, 11:26:52 Quote 
finish
Kyle Morris
(Group Pro - 17)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #753 posted Feb 5th 2022, 13:06:01 Quote 
Finish
Ricardo Antunes
(Group Amateur - 28)

Topic mod
Portugal 
Certified: 
Old post #754 posted Feb 5th 2022, 14:13:19 (last edited Feb 5th 2022, 14:13:59 by Ricardo Antunes) Quote 
How to host GP

If you accepted to host the next season, there are some steps you need to take in order to give the players an enjoyable season. With 222 seasons already played, this game has a pretty big history, so it is crucial that you don’t mess it up! Try to always run 3 races per day, except when you have RL issues, and try to make the races as interesting as possible. In the past seasons, there has been a theme associated with the season, try to find an interesting and unique theme so that people can enjoy! Balancing the type of starts is essential too: keep most starts as basic starts, and only a small portion of hidden starts, and an even smaller portion of even more hidden starts! Remember, this is more about reaction than scavenger hunting. Remember to regularly update the standings, and don’t abuse the fake starts either. Try to follow the rules as best as you can, and if you are unsure don’t be afraid to ask others for assistance. Having a co-host is not required, but it may help you in starting races in what would be a night race for you and to have a 2nd opinion on decision making. But the most important thing is to have fun, and to make something that you can be proud of; the hosts must be as happy as the players once the season ends!

Ricardo Antunes
(Group Amateur - 28)

Topic mod
Portugal 
Certified: 
Old post #755 posted Feb 5th 2022, 14:21:25 Quote 
Alright, and here we go.

End How to host GP

AND END F1FG S222!!!
George Togas
(Group Pro - 13)

Greece 
Certified: 
Old post #756 posted Feb 5th 2022, 14:23:25 (last edited Feb 5th 2022, 14:23:40 by George Togas) Quote 
Finish

Edit
George Togas
(Group Pro - 13)

Greece 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #757 posted Feb 5th 2022, 14:25:44 Quote 
Thanks Ric and Vlad for you excellent hosting.
Congrats to @Cezary Skonieczny (P8) and Tyrrel for winning the titles.

Grats @Liviu Sandu (A72) and @Christian Beaulieu (R21) for a great rookie season you had
Xavier Porta
(Group Pro - 6)

Spain 
Certified: 
Old post #758 posted Feb 5th 2022, 14:39:44 (last edited Feb 5th 2022, 14:41:25 by Xavier Porta) Quote 
Great hosting guys, Vlad and Ric ! :)

We want more seasons like this

EDIT : And yes , congrats Christian and Liviu.
Podium for Christian, and 2nd place together with Token is a nice season.
Ricardo Antunes
(Group Amateur - 28)

Topic mod
Portugal 
Certified: 
Old post #759 posted Feb 5th 2022, 14:45:13 (last edited Feb 5th 2022, 14:45:41 by Ricardo Antunes) Quote 
And with the season done, off we go to the final standings! Between all players, there was noone with the same amount of points as someone else!

First, let's take a look at those who finished below the top 10.

Unfortunately, Sonny does not manage to gather a single point after being close in many occasions. To his merit, he finished quite a number of races (11) but was unable to place himself in the top 10 for any of them. In contrast his teammate Sheri is the first outside of the top 10 with 44 points, which certainly helped Spyker in the team standings! It was a close affair for every position!

And now, for the top 10... Christian snatches 3rd place off Davi by a single point! What an amazing end of season for him, being able to climb to the podium with a timely win in the final race! Cezary consolidates an already dominant victory with 166 points, a pretty impressive campaign! And only by a bit did we not have 5 drivers with 100 points which hadn't happened in a while! A very competitive season indeed!

Now for the teams standings... we have a tie for 2nd place! Token and Williams finish with the same number of points yet Token has one more win than Williams, taking 2nd place! In the end, Kyle cannot mantain his team above last place, though he was able to do it for quite a while! A good effort considering he was alone in Talbot-Lago.

And again, congratulations to Cezary for winning the Drivers Title and for Tyrrel for the Constructors Title! The credits will be sent out immediatly after this post hits the forums.

---

Another interesting fact; the least amount of races a single player finished was 8, so it's really great to see we were able to mantain 23 players in the game and interested in it. It's safe to say Vlad and I are very happy with our hosting!

We feel like we prepared ourselves well for this season; we prepared all the race texts beforehand, we randomized all the race time starts making sure we got 3 races per day at least 4 hours apart from eachother every time (you may have noticed that trend) and we even tried to make the season as interactive as possible by giving you the relevant start each time we introduced a type of start and not doing it before we talked about it (you may have noticed that too!)

It was not a perfect season though, we were sloppy at times by missing some race times. If you noticed we had 2 times when we had only 2 races in one day, that was because it was the only way to mantain the fastest pace possible after we had screwed up something in the calendar. Nonetheless, we are still happy with how it turned out.

I hope you enjoyed the season as much as we did, and now off to @Cezary Skonieczny (P8) to see if he wants to host next season. Again, thanks everyone for playing!

Archit Modi
(Group Amateur - 77)

India 
Certified: 
Old post #760 posted Feb 5th 2022, 14:56:09 Quote 
The theme was exceptional this season, couldn't have done a better job with that. And great hosting too guys!
Unfortunately, Jason and I were too busy, or we would've definitely won this one!!! :P
Christian Beaulieu
(Group Rookie - 21)

Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #761 posted Feb 5th 2022, 15:03:28 Quote 
Yeah perfect theme for a noob like me!

Great job guys!
Liviu Sandu
(Group Amateur - 72)

Romania 
Certified: 
Old post #762 posted Feb 5th 2022, 15:09:37 Quote 
I don't know who to congratulate first. So first I would like to thank the hosts for the extraordinary work they have done.
Then I congratulate the winner, @Cezary Skonieczny (P8) . It was magnificent. Congratulations to the second place occupant, @Xavier Porta (P6) who also has the title of champion in the team competition.
And many congratulations to my teammate, @Christian Beaulieu (R21) who overtook me, supported me and will surely become a great champion...soon...
And thank you all for the exciting season that has finally ended.
Ricardo Antunes
(Group Amateur - 28)

Topic mod
Portugal 
Certified: 
Old post #763 posted Feb 5th 2022, 15:13:30 Quote 
Sent the credits to the winners now (10 for Cezary, 5 to Xavier) so if they want to confirm they received the credits it would be great
Xavier Porta
(Group Pro - 6)

Spain 
Certified: 
Old post #764 posted Feb 5th 2022, 15:16:26 Quote 
Confirmed I received the 5 credits. :)

Vladimir Valis
(Group Master - 2)

Topic mod
Argentina 
Certified: 
Old post #765 posted Feb 5th 2022, 15:32:25 Quote 
Glad to hear you guys liked the theme! When Ric came to me with the idea I was a bit skeptical at first but when I saw the calendar I got instantly hyped. Not gonna lie, hosting could have been better on our side but I guess the timing of the season was not the best one.

Anyways, thanks to everyone who participated, is good for the game having this many players. And congrats to our champions Cez and Xavi!

Cezary Skonieczny
(Group Pro - 8)

Poland 
Certified: 
Old post #766 posted Feb 5th 2022, 17:22:32 (last edited Feb 5th 2022, 17:22:51 by Cezary Skonieczny) Quote 
Thanks to @Ricardo Antunes (A28) and @Vladimir Valis (M2) for being the hosts this season. Really TOP JOB guys.

If you agree I'd like to collect your GP descriptions from this season in one place and post in a future thread as a guide for new players.

Thanks also to @Xavier Porta (P6) for helping me win and @Darryl Kucmerowski (A49) for sponsoring this season.

Of course, I will be hosting next season and all the prizes I received for this season (10 credits) will be used for prizes next season.

See you all soon
Ricardo Antunes
(Group Amateur - 28)

Topic mod
Portugal 
Certified: 
Old post #767 posted Feb 5th 2022, 18:42:09 Quote 
Quote ( Cezary Skonieczny @ February 5th 2022,17:22:32 )

If you agree I'd like to collect your GP descriptions from this season in one place and post in a future thread as a guide for new players.

You are welcome to! :)
Bert Meeus
(Group Amateur - 57)

Belgium 
Certified: 
Old post #768 posted Feb 5th 2022, 23:13:05 Quote 
Thanks to the hosts @Ricardo Antunes (A28) and @Vladimir Valis (E) for great hosting of this game. For a noob like me the theme was excellent to learn about the game. Also congratz to winners @Cezary Skonieczny (M4) and Tyrell team mate @Xavier Porta (P6) !
Liviu Sandu
(Group Amateur - 72)

Romania 
Certified: 
Old post #769 posted Feb 6th 2022, 06:15:13 Quote 
Unfortunately ... finish
Sean Collins
(Group Rookie - 129)

Germany 
Certified: 
Old post #770 posted Feb 6th 2022, 11:00:19 Quote 
@Cezary Skonieczny (M4) Id like to join for the next round! :)
Cezary Skonieczny
(Group Master - 4)

Poland 
Certified: 
Old post #771 posted Feb 6th 2022, 12:45:42 Quote 
@Sean Collins (R129) great.

Watch this thread. I'll post a link to the new season here
Jonathan Beagles
(Group Amateur - 11)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #772 posted Feb 6th 2022, 14:13:51 Quote 
Great work Ric and Vlad - brilliantly hosted season reflected by the number of regular players :)

And grats Cez! I was genuinely worried for a while that Minardi would end up with 0 points...very different season in that regard this time, I must say.
Jun Ho
(Group Amateur - 52)

Hong Kong 
Certified: 
Old post #773 posted Feb 6th 2022, 15:06:27 Quote 
Quote ( Jonathan Beagles @ February 6th 2022,14:13:51 )

And grats Cez! I was genuinely worried for a while that Minardi would end up with 0 points...very different season in that regard this time, I must say.

I thought I would end with 0 points. You carried us above bottom :P
Christian Beaulieu
(Group Amateur - 33)

Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #774 posted Feb 7th 2022, 02:04:10 Quote 
Quote ( Cezary Skonieczny @ February 5th 2022,17:22:32 )

Of course, I will be hosting next season and all the prizes I received for this season (10 credits) will be used for prizes next season.

I will also include 5 credits to the pot because this game deserves it ;)
Cezary Skonieczny
(Group Master - 4)

Poland 
Certified: 
Old post #775 posted Feb 9th 2022, 18:20:35 Quote 
New season you can find here

/gb/forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=30610&Page=1&E=1#scroll
Page « 1 2 3 ... 24 25 [26 Quick go to page:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Forum games > F1 Forum Game S222 - How to F1FG Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist

Reply to this topic