Forum topic poll
for data collecting reasons , it is easier to have free style sorting
Sign in to vote or view the poll results
Author Topic: sorting sponsors 34 replies
Toni Kazanjyan
(Group Amateur - 72)

Armenia 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #31 posted Jun 12th 2022, 18:58:43 Quote 
this discussion went into very weird direction now .
having third option ( Yes / No / Don’t Care / ? ) .
for me that change nothing, the point of voting is to collect ( Yes )
good enough numbers so i can bring my suggestion to Vlad with some confidence
it is not only me who is suffering from this limited sorting issue .
all the other answers ( no matter what the reason is ) will play a card against my case .

i believe, we got into some good insight about embedding new style of sorting.
but apparently it is not a general problem// and i don’t see it as a problem.
it is only about ( making my life easier ) .

finally thanks to all who ( vote ) , and many thanks to all your comments.

Christer Andersson
(Group Pro - 9)

Sweden 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #32 posted Jun 12th 2022, 19:06:11 (last edited Jun 12th 2022, 19:21:08 by Christer Andersson) Quote 
Quote ( Harsh Sheth @ June 10th 2022,08:33:38 )

Are you essentially proposing having a sponsor shortlist?

Harsh, that's a nice suggestion :)
Daryl Gee
(Group Amateur - 27)

South Africa 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #33 posted Jun 12th 2022, 23:02:00 Quote 
Quote ( Jens Jäschke @ June 12th 2022,15:59:39 )

So what is your point?

My point is that "developer time" is not an argument that users should make. Evaluate the idea, leave Vlad's time for his own decisions.

I do this at work all the time, make a small change that's been requested and though it's not going to dramatically improve anyone's lives, it takes five minutes and helps a bit and I don't have to think that hard about it and I wasn't going to use those five minutes for big structural changes anyway because those take much bigger chunks of time.

Niels Van Heijster
(Group Pro - 20)

Netherlands 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #34 posted Jun 13th 2022, 11:11:31 (last edited Jun 13th 2022, 11:28:18 by Niels Van Heijster) Quote 
Quote ( Miel Soeterbroek @ June 10th 2022,22:01:11 )

That's the proverbial tip of the hancock, i'm sure Niels and Jens can add ;)

Throughout the season so many requests have been put in, that the lists seems endless. To name but a few extra; grid girls, live qualifying laps, DRS, live race influencing (by adjusting pit stops during a race) etc.

Quote ( Tomas Dederle @ June 10th 2022,22:31:39 )

so why Niels comes with decisive "NO" then? why not to make the list longer and agree on priorities of the list..? "No" sounds a bit like Bessermensch disregard.....:-)
other´s opinions should get a chance imo

The short answer; it's a poll, and the options are YES or NO, there's no request to explain ones vote.

I also quoted Jens reasoning, which happens to get along very well with my POV. Hence my answer to your repeated questioning my reasoning is still the same;
Quote ( Jens Jäschke @ June 10th 2022,18:58:07 )

Developer time is a limited resource. I'd rather see other features before this one.

In general, many request passed by over time. I'm not a developer myself, but I do understand that any feature needs time to be developed and implemented. Obviously it cannot cause any conflicts with the game as is, and at times the amount of time needed to get a proposed new feature in place is just slurping up ridiculous amounts of time, at least when set against the benefit of the feature.

As per example "we would like Grid Girls!". Going past the current day discussions about female friendliness(!) etc., if such would be implemented, what would be the benefit to the game? Sure, it can look funny, interesting, taling your mind of, or whatever, but effectively by race three you will have seen it all and it's no longer really interesting to watch, or would it be ... ?

More to the point, I'm not sure if you are aware, GPRO is not built, developed and run by a big company with some HQ in which hundreds of people work. Basically only Vlad is doing all the development, though I would is viable at least a few more would be working on things in the background. Still, if at all a team is doing all the work, the number of people and thus time is limited.

If time is this limited, I will always vote on any suggestion from my POV judging (for myself!) what the essential benefit of each feature would be to the game, and how it would possibly impact the game on all tiers.

Coming back to the idea suggested here "Sorting sponsors for data collecting reasons , it is easier to have free style sorting", my answer is a quick NO, and it's like that for different reasons also already addressed by Jens;
- Data collecting does not require in game sorting options. You collect data, built a file for personal use, then implement sorting options
- The mere use of the word "easier" is already neck hair raising! This request is really not hard to do for your self. Why ask someone else to spend their precious time to make you life "easier" when it's just so easy to do your self.
- Furthermore, I do not see any benefit to this requested "feature" for the game on a whole. I mean, does it influence gameplay? Is there a difference in influence per Tier? Does it add a new dimension to gameplay? I just do not see it ...

You're not new to the game Thomas, you've seen as many suggestions pop-up left and right, maybe even more than I did. I'm sure you've seen some to say NO to, as well as you have seen some to vote YES. Any which way, it's an individual right to choose, without the need to explain!

I therefor trust this unnecessary explanation will ease your mind a bit and refrain you from further requesting a further inside in my reasoning. I did it once now to help you sleep, but as my choice is my personal choice, plus as I explained what my basic frame of reference is when deciding to vote NO/YES, I'm sure you will be able to fill in some of your blanks on my next vote without the requirement of a deeper explanation. I will refrain from any further long text boards of defending my choice where it's not needed to be defended in the first place!

No offense intended, non taken!

Quote ( Daryl Gee @ June 12th 2022,23:02:00 )

My point is that "developer time" is not an argument that users should make. Evaluate the idea, leave Vlad's time for his own decisions.

I would state that "developer time" is not a thing when posting the suggestion/poll. However, isn't the point of democratic voting the prerogative to determine a frame of reference on your own? I'm free to think, to take any angle I can think of and then determine my vote. Why exclude any reasoning when requesting a vote on a public suggestion? Through the poll I was asked to vote on the idea proposed. NO is an answer just as fair as a YES based on personal train of thoughts not restricted in any way! At least, it's that way from my POV.
Jens Jäschke
(Group Amateur - 28)

Germany 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #35 posted Jun 16th 2022, 21:51:39 (last edited Jun 16th 2022, 22:03:38 by Jens Jäschke) Quote 
Quote ( Tomas Dederle @ June 12th 2022,16:33:55 )

I cannot and I do not forbid others from having an opinion that differs from mine

Sure, you're just accusing them of trolling and being incosiderate of others. See below.

Quote ( Tomas Dederle @ June 10th 2022,22:54:58 )

if you do not see anything, then it does not necessarily mean someone else is not seeing something

Quote ( Tomas Dederle @ June 10th 2022,22:54:58 )

Cool..so why then someone even bothers to say NO here? Trolling? Could you explain? Sorry... :-)

But prove me Jens in one single line of my posts, where do I put something to make you wrote this

I really love that "one single line" bullshit qualifier. It's a cop-out, really, because proofs generally require more than one line and taking things in perspective.
In this case, however, accusing people of trolling just because they voted no, pretty much stands on its own.

And I got this (Catch 22 like) answer from Miel : "A list for who? It's ultimately up to Vlad"

why not to make the list longer and agree on priorities of the list..?"

Every player has their own list (either explicitly written down or just vaguely in their head). There's no point in trying to make a global list ranked by priority, as players won't be able to agree on a ranking and Vlad decides his own priorities, anyway. There isn't even a point to publishing your personal list in its entirety. I'm pretty sure that's what Miel was saying there.

And my answer was and still is : "Cool..so why then someone even bothers to say NO here?"

Voting "no" indicates to Vlad that we do not consider this feature important/necessary. That's what voting is for, getting a count on how many managers think this feature is worthwhile. For example, it wouldn't even make it to my personal wishlist, as I don't need it. Other players, such as Toni, have different workflows, so it might be very high up for them.
We've explained that multiple times now. If you still can't get it into your head, that's your problem, not mine.

I then only asked "why Niels/Jens come with decisive "NO" then?

You don't need to have a three-page justification essay from everyone voting no. We have our reasons and already gave you several examples of how those reasons look.

@Toni: It's not your fault that people chose your suggestion to start weird discussions. Happens all the time everywhere. I agree that a "don't care" option wouldn't have added anything useful to the poll, except make some trolls work harder to find something else to nitpick on.
It's interesting to see the outcome of this poll, looks like more players need this than I would have thought.
While it won't help me at all, I wish your suggestion well. Maybe it turns out that it's trivial to implement because there just needs to be some copy-paste code from the driver shortlist.
Page « 1 [2 Quick go to page:

Reply to this topic