Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Newbie forum > Weird season start reset Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist
Page [1
Author Topic: Weird season start reset 14 replies
Urho Kekkonen
(Group Rookie - 148)

Finland 
Certified: 
Old post #1 posted Oct 25th 2022, 15:12:33 Quote 
so um.. I just started my second season. and all the car statistics and money I earned went back to 30 million. and the money I was about to earn from finishing 7th on the championship, gone. What is the point here? I just dont understand. Do I have to "pay to win" to have a realistic championship or something?
Mike Bell
(Group Pro - 4)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (5)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #2 posted Oct 25th 2022, 15:14:17 Quote 
If you dont make it out of Rookie everything gets reset each season. Once you promote to Am and up your progress carries over.
Jean-Maxime Truchon
(Group Amateur - 76)

Canada 
Certified: 
Like this post (6)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #3 posted Oct 25th 2022, 15:14:27 Quote 
You should probably read the game rules in details, there is a section explaining season resets.
YOu are in Rookie League, which resets every season. You go back to 30M with all lvl 1 parts. You only get to retain your pilot if he still has below 85 Overall.

Once you get to Amateur level and above, the rules are different.

The goal is to allow you to experiment in Rookie to get some basic knowledge before making it up the rankings.
Josh Clark
(Group Master - 4)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #4 posted Oct 25th 2022, 15:20:26 (last edited Oct 25th 2022, 15:20:56 by Josh Clark) Quote 
It also puts everybody on a (almost) level playing field.

People can relegate to Rookie, so if they were allowed to keep their Amateur cars/drivers/staff it would be extremely unfair for the brand new Rookie players who had just signed up to have to race against that level of opponent. It would be very off-putting to a new player.
Bela Badosi
(Group Rookie - 46)

Austria 
Certified: 
Old post #5 posted Oct 25th 2022, 15:59:21 Quote 

Quote ( Urho Kekkonen @ October 25th 2022,15:12:33 )

and money I earned

You finished your season with $25.033.208 after the last race, with 20 points overall (worth 1 Million) and finished 9th (not 7th), raced 11 races (so no 5 Mio bonus for racing all races)

- so be happy, you would not have 30 Mio without reset ;-)

Paul Bright
(Group Amateur - 17)

Scotland 
Certified: 
Old post #6 posted Oct 25th 2022, 16:55:13 Quote 
Worth reiterating that this is in no way related to you not being a supporter.

GPRO has always presented the same game to supporters and non supporters. Paying for supporter status is a good way of showing your appreciation for the work of the admins etc... and only gets you access to some features that make playing the game more interesting and convenient nothing gives you a performance or financial advantage.
Stuart Foster
(Group Amateur - 26)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #7 posted Oct 25th 2022, 17:19:12 Quote 
Well, you get reminders for being on the wrong tyres when it is raining in either qualifying or race strategy so being a supporter does give a technical support advantage that you don't get by not being a supporter...and that is most definitely a performance advantage for such times :)
Tomas Dederle
(Group Amateur - 50)

Czech Republic 
Certified: 
Old post #8 posted Oct 25th 2022, 19:51:11 Quote 
Quote ( Urho Kekkonen @ October 25th 2022,15:12:33 )

Do I have to "pay to win" to have a realistic championship or something?

Just promote to Amateurs. Since Amateurs you get what you are searching for...you keep your car, driver, money ......but taxed if you have over $50M.
and you have over 30 cars on circuit with you...races get exciting to watch.
Amateurs are the best reward for those who promote from Rookies...and you do not need to pay a dime to achieve that..it is enough to put one finger in your nostril..
I do with two, cool sign of victory...

btw being a supporter here is in fact a real racing torture. As you get over non-supporters the advantage to choose from old cars... not the new ones :-P

so put the finger in your nose and do a podium today...good luck, Urho...and see you in amateurs soon! :-)

Paul Bright
(Group Amateur - 17)

Scotland 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #9 posted Oct 25th 2022, 20:32:47 Quote 
Quote ( Stuart Foster @ October 25th 2022,17:19:12 )

Well, you get reminders for being on the wrong tyres when it is raining in either qualifying or race strategy so being a supporter does give a technical support advantage that you don't get by not being a supporter...and that is most definitely a performance advantage for such times :)

Not really, as checking is something you can/should do yourself. :P
Stuart Foster
(Group Amateur - 26)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #10 posted Oct 25th 2022, 22:04:35 Quote 
Exactly. I agree. So lets just remove the feature for everyone. Indeed checking is something you should do yourself, and for that reason it should either be universally available or completely removed - treat everyone the same.

As a supporter I can confidently say that at least 2/3 times per year I've had a message box telling me i'm on the wrong tyres or about to choose them. It's a mistake i'm permitted to not make, that is not afforded to a non-supporter. I'd rather that feature was either universally applied or universally not applied. I am pretty sure plenty of other supporters benefit from it currently, even if for just a few times per year. More than half would not admit to it. But it is still an advantage that I think should be either for everyone's benefit or nobody's.
Richard Robin Paukson
(Group Amateur - 16)

Estonia 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #11 posted Oct 25th 2022, 22:06:19 Quote 
Quote ( Stuart Foster @ October 25th 2022,22:04:35 )

As a supporter I can confidently say that at least 2/3 times per year I've had a message box telling me i'm on the wrong tyres or about to choose them. It's a mistake i'm permitted to not make, that is not afforded to a non-supporter. I'd rather that feature was either universally applied or universally not applied. I am pretty sure plenty of other supporters benefit from it currently, even if for just a few times per year. More than half would not admit to it. But it is still an advantage that I think should be either for everyone's benefit or nobody's.

I'd say that being able to reverse car upgrades/downgrades can be a more tangible advantage.
Stuart Foster
(Group Amateur - 26)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #12 posted Oct 25th 2022, 22:07:49 Quote 
Definitely. But it costs extra money I think doesn't it? Rather than being a feature that is part of the 0.5 fee.
Urho Kekkonen
(Group Rookie - 148)

Finland 
Certified: 
Old post #13 posted Oct 25th 2022, 22:25:33 Quote 
"You should probably read the game rules in details"

Where are the game rules? Cant find
Kalin Hristov
(Group Rookie - 98)

Bulgaria 
Certified: 
Old post #14 posted Oct 25th 2022, 22:28:47 Quote 
Quote ( Urho Kekkonen @ October 25th 2022,22:25:33 )

"You should probably read the game rules in details"

Where are the game rules? Cant find

There's Help button under the website's banner. When you click it you have several things to read upon. One of them is the game rules.
Shersh Khandelwal
(Group Amateur - 55)

India 
Certified: 
Old post #15 posted Oct 25th 2022, 22:29:49 Quote 
/gb/Help.asp
Page [1
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Newbie forum > Weird season start reset Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist

Reply to this topic