Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Forum games > Fly & Win Ed.2 Delta Ended Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist
Page « 1 2 3 ... 18 19 [20 Quick go to page:
Author Topic: Fly & Win Ed.2 Delta Ended 595 replies
Liviu Sandu
(Group Amateur - 26)

Topic mod
Romania 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #571 posted Feb 1st 2023, 06:37:55 Quote 
Quote ( Richard Robin Paukson @ February 1st 2023,06:35:03 )

Quote ( Liviu Sandu @ February 1st 2023,03:57:30 )

It went into the red because I applied the return correction from previous auctions. Basically, the corrections announced in the previous post, to eliminate the suspicious amounts and get a real ranking as Bert wanted.

I thought we were done with changing the rules mid-season?

Since we can change the rules at any point, I propose we recalculate the standings in a way where all my coins are transferred to Onur.
I made the corrections described in the previous post, minus Bert's 5000+5000. Even if I operate like this, Andres still wins.
If you think I made a mistake somewhere, please tell me. Maybe I didn't see something...
Richard Robin Paukson
(Group Amateur - 16)

Estonia 
Certified: 
Old post #572 posted Feb 1st 2023, 06:40:38 Quote 
There was no rule about "suspicious" transfers... And furthermore, how did some of the big transfers go through while the others didn't?
Liviu Sandu
(Group Amateur - 26)

Topic mod
Romania 
Certified: 
Old post #573 posted Feb 1st 2023, 06:44:39 Quote 
Quote ( Richard Robin Paukson @ February 1st 2023,06:40:38 )

There was no rule about "suspicious" transfers... And furthermore, how did some of the big transfers go through while the others didn't?
It is not about transfers that go through or not. Some played fair and did not lend themselves to tricks.
I admitted that there is a hole in the regulation and I asked that it not be used. I tried to correct on the fly. Some were honest and returned it themselves. I congratulate them. Others took the opportunity to have fun.
The thing is that only now at the end do the big frustrations appear.
Richard Robin Paukson
(Group Amateur - 16)

Estonia 
Certified: 
Old post #574 posted Feb 1st 2023, 07:56:36 Quote 
These loopholes were pointed out long ago, and the rules weren't changed back then. Thus we should have standings according to these rules.

And it's ridiculous that if you did remove the "suspicious" deals that Xavier could have gone so far negative, as he was giving away his money, not receiving it.
Liviu Sandu
(Group Amateur - 26)

Topic mod
Romania 
Certified: 
Old post #575 posted Feb 1st 2023, 09:54:54 Quote 
Quote ( Richard Robin Paukson @ February 1st 2023,07:56:36 )

These loopholes were pointed out long ago, and the rules weren't changed back then. Thus we should have standings according to these rules.

And it's ridiculous that if you did remove the "suspicious" deals that Xavier could have gone so far negative, as he was giving away his money, not receiving it.

The first time Andres notified post #468 on page 32. The first negative reaction Onur in post #477.
I said that from next season I will no longer accept such a thing.
I hoped that the world would understand, but unfortunately few did.
Now I just corrected the dubious amounts. I haven't changed the rules.
Regarding Xavier, this is out of the question, as there are no large amounts given and not repaid. That's why I said that if you think there are reimbursement mistakes, I will correct them.

The logic is that you can buy a little more expensive than he does, because you increase your passive income, and the opponent remains without that income. In addition, the majority decided that there should be auctions and that they be closed. I don't think it's bad to ask your opinion, but there can't be two or more identical games but with small differences in the rules.

Richard Robin Paukson
(Group Amateur - 16)

Estonia 
Certified: 
Old post #576 posted Feb 1st 2023, 12:09:58 Quote 
You did change the rules, as there isn't a rule that says you can arbitrarily cancel some bids. Furthermore, if you cancel a bid then you would have to give the city to the next best bidder. This would mean that we have to redo all the phases since the first "shady" bid as it would influence how people bid, what cities they receive and put on auction. Also, the 5000 transfers aren't even shady while I remember sums near or at 10 000 moving even earlier while you didn't consider them "suspicious".
Liviu Sandu
(Group Amateur - 26)

Topic mod
Romania 
Certified: 
Old post #577 posted Feb 1st 2023, 12:51:01 Quote 
Quote ( Richard Robin Paukson @ February 1st 2023,12:09:58 )

You did change the rules, as there isn't a rule that says you can arbitrarily cancel some bids. Furthermore, if you cancel a bid then you would have to give the city to the next best bidder. This would mean that we have to redo all the phases since the first "shady" bid as it would influence how people bid, what cities they receive and put on auction. Also, the 5000 transfers aren't even shady while I remember sums near or at 10 000 moving even earlier while you didn't consider them "suspicious"
1. I have not arbitrarily canceled offers. Considering that the large sums represented a money transfer, I returned them.
2. To end this, I honestly don't have time to mess around, I delete all the cancellations and whoever wins wins. I did this because Bert wanted to see who would have won if such large sums had not been auctioned.
But after I do this, there will be other unhappy players.
Onur Guardian
(Group Rookie - 34)

Turkey 
Certified: 
Old post #578 posted Feb 1st 2023, 12:56:49 Quote 
Sorry Liviu but you should forsee those as a Host or whenever you see things going stupid you should block. bu you didnt do both and here is the result. i am not angry i just wont waste my time for a game like that thats all ;)
Liviu Sandu
(Group Amateur - 26)

Topic mod
Romania 
Certified: 
Old post #579 posted Feb 1st 2023, 12:57:55 Quote 
If I delete corrections, the situation would be like this:

PlayerMoney
BERT_MEEUS "127,911"
ONUR_GUARDIAN "103,961"
RICHARD_ROBIN_PAUKSON "88,181"
ANDRES_DUFFEY "87,143"
RICARDO_ANTUNES "65,853"
DAVID_PANOV "52,644"
KAI_WEN_CHEW "49,606"
SVAJUNAS_MIKSTA "9,421"
XAVIER_PORTA "4,101"
ADRIAN_POPA 751

TeamPoints
Minardi Air "215,054"
Onur Air "192,142"
Ferrari Air "115,459"
Brabham BT 46 "53,395"
Sky Lotus "13,522"

So Xavier is not at a disadvantage, but we have another winner, from the same team.

Onur Guardian
(Group Rookie - 34)

Turkey 
Certified: 
Old post #580 posted Feb 1st 2023, 12:59:12 Quote 
- Admins have the rights to kick GMs due to inactivity and violation of rules. Also can reject any GM actions if its out of common sense!

1st rule of NBA game i host ;)
Onur Guardian
(Group Rookie - 34)

Turkey 
Certified: 
Old post #581 posted Feb 1st 2023, 13:00:01 Quote 
Quote ( Liviu Sandu @ February 1st 2023,12:57:55 )

So Xavier is not at a disadvantage, but we have another winner, from the same team.

its not about who won it. no need to waste your time for calculations just give yourself a time to think how you can make your game balanced and justice
Ricardo Antunes
(Group Pro - 2)

Portugal 
Certified: 
Old post #582 posted Feb 1st 2023, 13:04:09 Quote 
Ok I missed a lot of drama :P
Liviu Sandu
(Group Amateur - 26)

Topic mod
Romania 
Certified: 
Old post #583 posted Feb 1st 2023, 13:06:12 Quote 
I clearly said that there is a hole in the regulation. Some were quick to speculate even if it was noted that it is not correct. The only alternative was to block the use of those amounts or the transactions within the team. Then I would have been accused of changing the rules during the game.
Yes, I did not foresee this. But I think that the effort to make the game is more important. All the more so as I recognized that lack and that I said that the regulation will be changed in the next season.
I accept your critical attitude and I'm not upset. But I think they are already exaggerating.
I comment endlessly for things that cannot be fixed now. I could declare the competition closed in the last stage before the auctions. I could do a lot. But I waited to see what you wanted.
In the future, there will be another season, with my rules, which those who play will have to respect. Too much democracy spoils.
whoever wants to play will do it, whoever doesn't won't.

Bert Meeus
(Group Pro - 11)

Belgium 
Certified: 
Old post #584 posted Feb 1st 2023, 13:08:15 Quote 

Quote ( Ricardo Antunes @ February 1st 2023,13:04:09 )

Ok I missed a lot of drama :P

Me too, anyways thanks for hosting @Liviu Sandu (A26) and congratz @Andres Duffey (A32)! Minardi Air takes you there! :-D
Liviu Sandu
(Group Amateur - 26)

Topic mod
Romania 
Certified: 
Old post #585 posted Feb 1st 2023, 13:10:21 Quote 
If the first season was beta, this was delta.
There is no winner. Just some angry players. Maybe at least some had fun.
Anyway, I thank you for the experience you gave me.

From my side, the end of the drama. Let's look ahead with confidence.

Ricardo Antunes
(Group Pro - 2)

Portugal 
Certified: 
Old post #586 posted Feb 1st 2023, 13:37:14 Quote 
Can someone try to explain what happened so I can give my input and perhaps a suggestion on how to prevent this in the future?
Liviu Sandu
(Group Amateur - 26)

Topic mod
Romania 
Certified: 
Old post #587 posted Feb 1st 2023, 13:43:53 Quote 
Quote ( Ricardo Antunes @ February 1st 2023,13:37:14 )

Can someone try to explain what happened so I can give my input and perhaps a suggestion on how to prevent this in the future?
So you want a summary? I think everyone has their own version. It is better to read and find out for yourself.
My advice is don't waste your time. Wait to see what the rules of the game will look like for the next season. Whatever happened, happened.
Andres Duffey
(Group Amateur - 32)

Uruguay 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #588 posted Feb 1st 2023, 13:55:26 (last edited Feb 1st 2023, 14:05:09 by Andres Duffey) Quote 
Thank you @Liviu Sandu (A26) for hosting, first of all I think that we must not lose sight of the fact that it is a game, it does not take so much drama.And it seems that only Onur and Richard invested time in their strategies and deserve to win. So let them be the winners so they stop crying. :)
Liviu Sandu
(Group Amateur - 26)

Topic mod
Romania 
Certified: 
Old post #589 posted Feb 1st 2023, 13:58:36 Quote 
Quote ( Andres Duffey @ February 1st 2023,13:55:26 )

Thank you @Liviu Sandu (A26) for hosting, first of all I think that we must not lose sight of the fact that it is a game, it does not take so much drama. And it seems that only Onur and Richard invested time in their strategies and deserve to win. So let's declare the winners so they stop crying. :)
I declare you all winners. You made it!
Xavier Porta
(Group Pro - 9)

Spain 
Certified: 
Old post #590 posted Feb 1st 2023, 14:06:23 Quote 
thanks Liviu ! Svajunas is a real winmer for me , because he demonstrate this game can improve a lot with other rules and without auctions
Onur Guardian
(Group Rookie - 34)

Turkey 
Certified: 
Old post #591 posted Feb 1st 2023, 15:15:40 Quote 
Quote ( Andres Duffey @ February 1st 2023,13:55:26 )

And it seems that only Onur and Richard invested time in their strategies and deserve to win. So let them be the winners so they stop crying. :)

if you can call yourself a winner, go on ;)
Andres Duffey
(Group Amateur - 32)

Uruguay 
Certified: 
Old post #592 posted Feb 1st 2023, 16:05:15 Quote 
to cry in the little room
Onur Guardian
(Group Rookie - 34)

Turkey 
Certified: 
Old post #593 posted Feb 1st 2023, 16:51:07 Quote 
pathetic
Liviu Sandu
(Group Amateur - 26)

Topic mod
Romania 
Certified: 
Old post #594 posted Feb 1st 2023, 20:37:35 Quote 
I admire the desire for victory that I see in some of you. But we have to understand that a game is just...a game. I wish we could find fun. We teased each other up to a point.
I think about how we would behave if there were cash prizes. Frightening.
It is a call for reconciliation, understanding and friendship.
David Panov
(Group Pro - 7)

North Macedonia 
Certified: 
Old post #595 posted Feb 1st 2023, 20:41:45 Quote 
Thanks for hosting Liviu. I think without last 2/3 rounds it was fun game.

Looking forward to the next season. Hopefully without teams and with normal auctions.
Liviu Sandu
(Group Amateur - 26)

Topic mod
Romania 
Certified: 
Old post #596 posted Feb 3rd 2023, 05:18:06 Quote 
Some ideas about the next season:
- the teams remain, but it will no longer be accepted that the partners bid for each other's cities;
- there will only be open auctions and only if a player wants to put his city up for auction;
- there will be no more dice, only maximum travel distances determined by the plane used;
- in this case the planes will not be the same and you will have to buy them at the beginning of the game from the starting money;
- cities will have a value determined by the people and goods in each city that will wait to be transferred;
- the value of the cities will decrease when passengers and goods leave, but the value of the cities to which they will be transferred as a result of your flights will not increase;
- remains part of the investments;
- if you need money, you can borrow from the bank with interest, you can sell cities at auction;
- you can sell the plane along the way to buy another one. The sale is made to the bank or at the auction;

I think I have said enough. I'm thinking about it and I'm not in a hurry.
Page « 1 2 3 ... 18 19 [20 Quick go to page:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Forum games > Fly & Win Ed.2 Delta Ended Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist

Reply to this topic