Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > General forum > Missed race affects driver motivation? Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist
Page [1
Author Topic: Missed race affects driver motivation? 13 replies
Paulius Paulenas
(Group Pro - 18)

Lithuania 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #1 posted Nov 26th 2022, 23:24:11 Quote 
Hello,

Can someone explain if I miss/skip race how it affects my drivers skills?
Will his motivation drops a little and other atributes stays same?
Stéphane Rombaux
(Group Pro - 14)

Belgium 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (2)
Old post #2 posted Nov 26th 2022, 23:58:33 Quote 
Other attributes remain unchanged
As for motivation, you'd need to try yourself to be sure :)
Paulius Paulenas
(Group Pro - 18)

Lithuania 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #3 posted Nov 27th 2022, 14:57:36 Quote 
Quote ( Stéphane Rombaux @ November 26th 2022,23:58:33 )

Other attributes remain unchanged
As for motivation, you'd need to try yourself to be sure :)

Not much help from your answer. Because for me biggest dilema motivation drops a little or not.
Ilia Lilov
(Group Elite)

Bulgaria 
Certified: 
Old post #4 posted Nov 27th 2022, 15:24:58 Quote 
I would say there are better ways to drop motivation if that is your goal. Unfortunately we can't really be specific here.
Richard Robin Paukson
(Group Amateur - 16)

Estonia 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #5 posted Nov 27th 2022, 15:25:20 Quote 
Quote ( Paulius Paulenas @ November 27th 2022,14:57:36 )

Not much help from your answer. Because for me biggest dilema motivation drops a little or not.

The enjoyment of this game (ideally) is meant to come from exploring and finding things out by yourself (FOBY), Stéphane wanted to nudge you in that direction with his reply. Alternatively someone might have revealed the answer on the forums already so by searching around a bit you might be able to find the answer. :)
Stuart Foster
(Group Amateur - 26)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #6 posted Nov 27th 2022, 15:57:14 (last edited Nov 27th 2022, 16:00:37 by Stuart Foster) Quote 
Personally, I don't see a point to doing that to lose motivation, there are better alternatives that at least mean you earn some money, even if its just 50% - ;) - and not potentially lose sponsors either - ;)
Paulius Paulenas
(Group Pro - 18)

Lithuania 
Certified: 
Old post #7 posted Nov 27th 2022, 16:26:58 (last edited Nov 27th 2022, 16:32:25 by Paulius Paulenas) Quote 
Specific situation, cannot use alternatives. For example participate in race you receive 1+ for experience, and usual get 1+ for TI, so it's too much. Need to drop just by 1 point.
Cannot finish 31st or lower, because agressivness grows.
Searched forum and internet but with no luck or do not know what keywords to use.
Tibor Szuromi
(Group Pro - 5)

Hungary 
Certified: 
Old post #8 posted Nov 27th 2022, 16:34:16 Quote 
This is not FOBY.
I didn't miss a single race. I do not want.
There is no other option - I have to ask someone.
Florencia Caro
(Group Pro - 11)

GPRO Crew
Argentina 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #9 posted Nov 27th 2022, 16:35:07 Quote 
I see your teammate Deividas has just missed a race, perhaps share data with him? 😉
Paulius Paulenas
(Group Pro - 18)

Lithuania 
Certified: 
Old post #10 posted Nov 27th 2022, 16:55:11 (last edited Nov 27th 2022, 17:14:09 by Paulius Paulenas) Quote 
Quote ( Florencia Caro @ November 27th 2022,16:35:07 )

I see your teammate Deividas has just missed a race, perhaps share data with him? 😉

Cannot loose what your driver didn't have before the race.
You can view data of missed race if you are supporter, but it wouldn't help, because where was no motivation and it doesn't lower to minus.
But we will use FOBY and can share here experience, hoping it will help.
We hope that it will help, because in dirvers market free drivers looses their motivation every market.
Paulius Paulenas
(Group Pro - 18)

Lithuania 
Certified: 
Old post #11 posted Nov 28th 2022, 21:31:52 (last edited Nov 28th 2022, 21:34:51 by Paulius Paulenas) Quote 
UPDATE: If going with 100/100/100/100/100 risks and force to start and unrepaired car. How accident could affect my drivers motivation, agressivness and other skills? Is it worth to try not loose 5mil bonus and get unpaid for missed race.

P.S. we have case with team member not me[english not his strong side].
Alan Halford
(Group Amateur - 39)

Wales 
Certified: 
Old post #12 posted Nov 28th 2022, 21:46:21 Quote 
Quote ( Paulius Paulenas @ November 26th 2022,23:24:11 )

Can someone explain if I miss/skip race how it affects my drivers skills?

Hmmm - I might be speaking out of turn here a bit but I am a little surprised at your question considering you have been here for 180+ races, you have missed a race in one of the seasons, you are in Pro .... and you are not sure of the answer ?
Paulius Paulenas
(Group Pro - 18)

Lithuania 
Certified: 
Old post #13 posted Nov 28th 2022, 22:04:27 (last edited Nov 28th 2022, 22:15:03 by Paulius Paulenas) Quote 
Hmmm - I might be speaking out of turn here a bit but I am a little surprised at your question considering you have been here for 180+ races, you have missed a race in one of the seasons, you are in Pro .... and you are not sure of the answer ?

Mhhhh, Yes I missed race and had car crash, but I didn't track history at that time, it wasn't important and can't remember, trying to ask here, but I see it's time wasting.
Because all answers are cheap or leads to FOBY in forum, so just reddit or youtube only hope.
Safe strategy to miss one race if nothing changes try to have car crash next race.
Good luck for everyone!

Ricardo Antunes
(Group Pro - 2)

Portugal 
Certified: 
Old post #14 posted Nov 29th 2022, 03:10:07 Quote 
Quote ( Paulius Paulenas @ November 28th 2022,21:31:52 )

UPDATE: If going with 100/100/100/100/100 risks and force to start and unrepaired car. How accident could affect my drivers motivation, agressivness and other skills? Is it worth to try not loose 5mil bonus and get unpaid for missed race.

P.S. we have case with team member not me[english not his strong side].

Without going into much detail, I think all you need to think about is how would your attributes change if you were the driver, and put it together with what you already know. Judging from your posts you seem to have a (even if small) grasp of how aggression changes work, so you should know how it behaves here as well, and a moti dropping should in theory be a valid theory since you'd be pretty upset if you had a start crash.

Missing / skipping races should in theory have a similar effect. Something interested you said was:

Quote ( Paulius Paulenas @ November 27th 2022,16:55:11 )

We hope that it will help, because in dirvers market free drivers looses their motivation every market.

There should be a reason behind this, I'd try it out. No guarantees you get the answer you're looking for though :P
Page [1
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > General forum > Missed race affects driver motivation? Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist

Reply to this topic