Page « 1 2 [3 Quick go to page:
Author Topic: Anthony Hamilton 67 replies
Clinton Martin
(Group Amateur - 8)

South Africa 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #61 posted Jun 9th 2008, 12:36:21 Quote 

Quote ( Nikola Karzen @ June 9th 2008,12:08:18 )

there is no reason to close the pits when the safety car goes out on the track

There is a reason for this...although I agree it is a stupid way to solve the problem as it is unfair for your race result to be compromised by some random event....

nazi orgy freak

looks like Max might want to add your name onto that lawsuit he is taking up against the papers...

Sounds like you are having a little rant here without understanding the reason behind the rules??
Adrian Heath
(Group Amateur - 11)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #62 posted Jun 9th 2008, 13:37:07 (last edited Jun 9th 2008, 13:39:30 by Adrian Heath) Quote 

let's review the list who have made this mistake;

Massa
Barichello
Schumacher
etc. etc. etc.

That there is a red light at the end of the pit lane is a Mosley mess-up and there is no reason for it just like there is no reason to close the pits when the safety car goes out on the track. All this does is allow some nazi orgy freak to flex what little muscles he has as he hates bernie and is just messing with thing he doesn't
understand.

Humm very interesting point's and i would just like to say what sport do you follow. do the cars all meet up in your head and run a race distance evry other week... do you not reconize what max has done for the sport? may be not.. saftey is the reason for the light... !! Mistakes do happen but one has to be fair and say it was hamiltons fault no one ealses simple as his team even told him about the light...

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/68161

Q: Did you give Lewis a warning about the red light over the radio?

Whitmarsh: "Yes."

Q: So it was his fault?

Whitmarsh: "Frankly, we gave it to him, we could have given it to him earlier. There was quite a lot going on, obviously we were stopping both cars. When you come in first and come out third I'm sure you're anxious to see if you can jump past those people, and I'm sure that distracted him. As Nico [Rosberg] proved seconds later, it was easy to do."

Mikko Heikkinen
(Group Amateur - 13)

Finland 
Certified: 
Old post #63 posted Jun 9th 2008, 14:25:31 Quote 
Quote ( Adrian Heath @ June 9th 2008,13:37:07 )

Q: So it was his fault?

Whitmarsh: "Frankly, we gave it to him, we could have given it to him earlier.

Just say Yes. Is it so hard to say yes ?
Petras Ražanskas
(Group Rookie - 23)

Lithuania 
Certified: 
Old post #64 posted Jun 9th 2008, 14:34:08 Quote 

That there is a red light at the end of the pit lane is a Mosley mess-up and there is no reason for it just like there is no reason to close the pits when the safety car goes out on the track.

The reason to close the pits when safety car comes out is to make sure everyone is on an equal footing and do not gain unfair advantage by dodging into the pit area before the line forms, thus losing less spots than those who were not as fortunate and had just crossed the finish line.

The reason for the red light at the end of the pit road is to prevent a huge mess up at the pit exit when the ones who pitted would rejoin the track in the middle of the pack.

The rules are very logical and have been used for decades in Indycar, Champcar and NASCAR - leagues, which use safety car far more often than Formula One and are a lot more interested in making safety periods fair to everyone. There is but a single difference which craps it all up in Formula One - in above mentioned series they have a pit stall for every car, not every team, and the second car doesn't have to wait to be serviced. And, frankly, that is the only flaw that current safety car rule set has :-P
Mikko Heikkinen
(Group Amateur - 13)

Finland 
Certified: 
Old post #65 posted Jun 9th 2008, 14:50:01 (last edited Jun 9th 2008, 14:50:54 by Mikko Heikkinen) Quote 
Quote ( Petras Ražanskas @ June 9th 2008,14:34:08 )

There is but a single difference which craps it all up in Formula One - in above mentioned series they have a pit stall for every car, not every team, and the second car doesn't have to wait to be serviced. And, frankly, that is the only flaw that current safety car rule set has :-P

I think that there's another difference too. I think that the pit entrance is not closed it the other series, atleast not for such a long time (might be wrong) - they don't let lapped cars pass...

That would give F1 the possibility for the teams to take cars in at different laps.

Now they have to wait for the entrance to open for like 3 (or more) laps, and then they hurry to take in both cars since the safetycar might go away at any moment.

Closing the entrance is the problem. they should instead have a system that makes it safe to keep it open.
Putting the cars into a "safetycar mode" with a speedlimiter could be a solution. That way no-one could "rush" to pit causing dangerous situations on track.
Stardardized ECU would make this possible...
Clinton Martin
(Group Amateur - 8)

South Africa 
Certified: 
Old post #66 posted Jun 9th 2008, 15:21:16 Quote 
Quote ( Mikko Heikkinen @ June 9th 2008,14:50:01 )

Closing the entrance is the problem. they should instead have a system that makes it safe to keep it open.
Putting the cars into a "safetycar mode" with a speedlimiter could be a solution. That way no-one could "rush" to pit causing dangerous situations on track.
Stardardized ECU would make this possible...

I'm sure that I read somewhere that this method is going to be tested at the French GP? I think they will effectively have a version of the pit lane speed limiter that they will have to engage when the safety car is deployed.
James Keeble
(Group Rookie - 83)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #67 posted Apr 16th 2021, 10:39:16 Quote 
Great article Nige, its funny how things play out over the course of many many years and some things never change
Keri Lovell
(Group Rookie - 5)

Wales 
Certified: 
Like this post (3)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #68 posted Apr 16th 2021, 10:43:45 Quote 
Except your first name, apparently.
Page « 1 2 [3 Quick go to page:

Reply to this topic