Joe Johnson
(Γκρουπ Rookie - 198)

Αναρτήσεις: 37
  Χώρα:
ΗΠΑ 
Πιστοποιημένο: 
Παλιά ανάρτηση #1 Αναρτήθηκε 10 Ιαν 2013, 23:11:57 Παράθεση 
I'm a newbie.

I've struggled a bit getting started but this lates bit chaps my hide.

I reset and need a driver. having never contracted for a new driver i look at the newbie guide and follow the new driver setup. I found a driver that looked like a modest investment and offered the contract.

here's the rub. I needed to wait to see if the driver would accept the contract. The first race started in 30hours and i was afraid i'd be stuck without a driver depending on the contract negotion period. i've no idea what that timeframe would be due to not alot of info out there in faq and newbie guide. but after the contract was setup it gave me a glorious option. sign an incompetent driver that the computer would randomly pick and sign immediately. sounded like a good deal. i'd contract for 1 race and hopefully get the main driver contract sorted, surely in the next few days and be rid of the incompetent one. I then find i've contracted with a driver at nearly 2mill! holy cow this was now spendy. I did my practice times, qualify time and 2nd qualify with the temp driver. i'm prepped for the first race ready to roll. then presto this a.m. my driver is gone? 2 mill for less than 5 hours on my payroll? seems as though the contract for my main driver came thru. joy!? now i've a car setup for another driver who made a handsome salary for 1/4 of the job hired at. there is a better way to handle this contract process. I'm feeling robbed.
Stuart Foster
(Γκρουπ Pro - 6)

Αναρτήσεις: 12459
  Χώρα:
Αγγλία 
Πιστοποιημένο: 
Μου αρέσει η ανάρτηση (0)   Δεν μου αρέσει η ανάρτηση (0)
Παλιά ανάρτηση #2 Αναρτήθηκε 10 Ιαν 2013, 23:14:24 (τελευταία επεξεργασία 10 Ιαν 2013, 23:17:00 από Stuart Foster) Παράθεση 
you hired a driver for free and then bidded for another? you can only have one driver at a time so if you bid for one then the existing one will leave if the one you bidded agreed to sign.

the driver market decisions are made every monday and thursday at 19:00 - 21:00 CET
Christoph Seifriedsberger
(Γκρουπ Master - 4)

Αναρτήσεις: 6825
  Χώρα:
Αυστρία 
Πιστοποιημένο: 
Παλιά ανάρτηση #3 Αναρτήθηκε 10 Ιαν 2013, 23:18:48 Παράθεση 
Well the rules say when staff decisions will be made (always Monday and Thursday between 7pm and 9pm CET) and also if you make an offer, you'll see the times just mentioned.
So when you're going to offer a contract you should wait until this time and then you still have enough time to do your qualies and in case you didn't get any driver (you can make up to 4 bids on different drivers), you can still sign a random driver (this option is merely for those who didn't get a driver during the staff market so that they can at least take part in the next race).
Joe Manifold
(Γκρουπ Amateur - 64)

Αναρτήσεις: 12472
  Χώρα:
Αγγλία 
Πιστοποιημένο: 
Παλιά ανάρτηση #4 Αναρτήθηκε 10 Ιαν 2013, 23:20:18 Παράθεση 
This will help in the future as you will know not to make these mistakes in the future. Only sign a bad driver if you fail to sign the one you offered a contract to, saves you money. Also, it is clearly stated in the Game Rules that the driver market is every Monday and Thursday, between 19:00-21:00 CET.

Also, I don't think you paid the temp driver's contract since he didn't race? Only compensation possibly iirc, haven't signed a random bad driver myself...
Joe Johnson
(Γκρουπ Rookie - 198)

Χώρα:
ΗΠΑ 
Πιστοποιημένο: 
Μου αρέσει η ανάρτηση (2)   Δεν μου αρέσει η ανάρτηση (0)
Παλιά ανάρτηση #5 Αναρτήθηκε 10 Ιαν 2013, 23:35:44 (τελευταία επεξεργασία 10 Ιαν 2013, 23:37:18 από Joe Johnson) Παράθεση 
lol, it's a mistake i didn't like to deal with. timezones and what not have been a sound number of my issues. I freaked when i thought i'd miss another race and maybe be tossed from the game. (i've missed 2 prior races due to not qualifying in time.) learning process. i'll get there.

after reading i'm thinking i'll only lose the signing contract fee to the new driver.
Michael Bauers
(Γκρουπ Rookie - 319)

Αναρτήσεις: 1760
  Χώρα:
ΗΠΑ 
Πιστοποιημένο: 
Παλιά ανάρτηση #6 Αναρτήθηκε 11 Ιαν 2013, 00:19:19 Παράθεση 
Take heart that even good managers make all sorts of costly mistakes. Unless you were promoting this season, the loss of money won't be too painful.
António Rebelo
(Γκρουπ Amateur - 31)

Αναρτήσεις: 4233
  Χώρα:
Πορτογαλία 
Πιστοποιημένο: 
Μου αρέσει η ανάρτηση (1)   Δεν μου αρέσει η ανάρτηση (0)
Παλιά ανάρτηση #7 Αναρτήθηκε 11 Ιαν 2013, 00:19:52 Παράθεση 
Hello Mr. Johnson! When will we get to see 'Rocketeer 2' in the big screen?
:D
Max Watson
(Γκρουπ Amateur - 55)

Αναρτήσεις: 5184
  Χώρα:
Αγγλία 
Πιστοποιημένο: 
Παλιά ανάρτηση #8 Αναρτήθηκε 11 Ιαν 2013, 01:08:05 Παράθεση 
Quote ( Joe Johnson @ January 10th 2013,23:35:44 )

thought i'd miss another race and maybe be tossed from the game.

It takes a lot more than this to be 'tossed' from the game :)

Since you're in rookie the money you've lost is irrelevant - use these last few races to learn the game, then your money will be reset next season and you can go for promotion :)
Joe Johnson
(Γκρουπ Rookie - 198)

Χώρα:
ΗΠΑ 
Πιστοποιημένο: 
Παλιά ανάρτηση #9 Αναρτήθηκε 11 Ιαν 2013, 19:27:37 Παράθεση 
Quote ( António Rebelo @ January 11th 2013,00:19:52 )

Hello Mr. Johnson! When will we get to see 'Rocketeer 2' in the big screen?
:D

we're in pre-productioin. looking for investors. i'll take checks, cash, or insider advice here to make me faster and more efficient!
Gordon Ashford
(Γκρουπ Amateur - 46)

GPRO προσωπικό
Αναρτήσεις: 10965
  Χώρα:
Αγγλία 
Πιστοποιημένο: 
Παλιά ανάρτηση #10 Αναρτήθηκε 11 Ιαν 2013, 19:32:19 Παράθεση 
Quote ( Joe Johnson @ January 10th 2013,23:11:57 )

i've no idea what that timeframe would be due to not alot of info out there in faq and newbie guide.

Did you try the wiki?

http://wiki.gpro.net/index.php/Driver

tells you when the driver markets take place and gives a fair amount of info as well.
Kirsty Ridley
(Γκρουπ Pro - 1)

Αναρτήσεις: 7849
  Χώρα:
Αγγλία 
Πιστοποιημένο: 
Παλιά ανάρτηση #11 Αναρτήθηκε 11 Ιαν 2013, 19:32:30 (τελευταία επεξεργασία 11 Ιαν 2013, 19:33:05 από Kirsty Ridley) Παράθεση 
Joe, get a mentor first and foremost... they will help you avoid these first mistakes for three races with general advice and tips :)
/gb/forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=20521#scroll
Joe Johnson
(Γκρουπ Rookie - 198)

Χώρα:
ΗΠΑ 
Πιστοποιημένο: 
Παλιά ανάρτηση #12 Αναρτήθηκε 14 Ιαν 2013, 18:59:38 Παράθεση 
read the wiki and went through alot of forum topics. I think i'm a bit more prepared than i was initially.

I actually finished pretty well with my driver and am stoked about my 3rd race after doing all the reading.

made a few more mistakes as well after reading the wiki: part replacement. I replaced a few items then realized I was at 99% on the side pods and couldn't replace them until after the next race, bummer! another rookie mistake.

I do have a mentor. I believe there may be a language issue as a couple questions have odd answers. but so far the majority of questions have been answered by the mentor or just spending some time reading.

I have to admit its like being a kid at christmas waiting for the next race to get here.

thanks for all the help!
Rick Queary
(Γκρουπ Amateur - 14)

Αναρτήσεις: 383
  Χώρα:
ΗΠΑ 
Πιστοποιημένο: 
Παλιά ανάρτηση #13 Αναρτήθηκε 14 Ιαν 2013, 19:06:06 Παράθεση 
Quote ( Kirsty Ridley @ January 11th 2013,19:32:30 )

Joe, get a mentor first and foremost... they will help you avoid these first mistakes for three races with general advice and tips :)
/gb/forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=20521#scroll

i also highly recommend getting a mentor. its a good program.
Matej Kovacic
(Γκρουπ Amateur - 23)

Αναρτήσεις: 452
  Χώρα:
Κροατία 
Πιστοποιημένο: 
Παλιά ανάρτηση #14 Αναρτήθηκε 14 Ιαν 2013, 20:04:38 (τελευταία επεξεργασία 14 Ιαν 2013, 20:05:41 από Matej Kovačić) Παράθεση 
Joe Johnston,

Do you play basketball for the Brooklyn Nets as a SG? I wish you stayed at Hawks :(
Jensen Owens
(Γκρουπ Rookie - 19)

Αναρτήσεις: 6400
  Χώρα:
Ουαλία 
Πιστοποιημένο: 
Παλιά ανάρτηση #15 Αναρτήθηκε 14 Ιαν 2013, 20:09:12 Παράθεση 
Well Joe its not the end of the world so don't worry
I see you still have 19 mill and have done 2 races so you are off to a good start and are reading all the rules newbie etc put your name down here /gb/forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=20521#scroll

I mentor you if you want :-)

Phil Maunder
(Γκρουπ Amateur - 17)

Αναρτήσεις: 10003
  Χώρα:
Αγγλία 
Πιστοποιημένο: 
Μου αρέσει η ανάρτηση (3)   Δεν μου αρέσει η ανάρτηση (0)
Παλιά ανάρτηση #16 Αναρτήθηκε 14 Ιαν 2013, 20:12:52 (τελευταία επεξεργασία 14 Ιαν 2013, 20:13:40 από Phil Maunder) Παράθεση 
Signed someone at random really over-priced that couldn't do the job? Gonna take you for millions in contract severance when you finally get the guy you want?

Chelsea football club probably know just how you feel.
Joe Johnson
(Γκρουπ Rookie - 198)

Χώρα:
ΗΠΑ 
Πιστοποιημένο: 
Μου αρέσει η ανάρτηση (4)   Δεν μου αρέσει η ανάρτηση (0)
Παλιά ανάρτηση #17 Αναρτήθηκε 14 Ιαν 2013, 21:11:38 Παράθεση 
Hey, just a quick thanks for all the people sending me mails and wanting to help mentor me. for all the FOBY posts in the forum I figured i'd receive a wee bit harsher reception.

Matej, I did enjoy my time with the Hawks. the weather was much better in the South.

Phil, lol, I've my Chelsea T-shirt on today so your post makes me concerned about spycams!

Phil Maunder
(Γκρουπ Amateur - 17)

Αναρτήσεις: 10003
  Χώρα:
Αγγλία 
Πιστοποιημένο: 
Παλιά ανάρτηση #18 Αναρτήθηκε 14 Ιαν 2013, 21:27:40 Παράθεση 
Heh. I was just tryin to remember if random driver was for 1 or 3 races minimum. Been a while since I used one. You'll get stung for half his salary if you terminate, but not as much as Benitez will get :)

Surprised ur a Chelski fan, most Americans go for man utd.
Joe Johnson
(Γκρουπ Rookie - 198)

Χώρα:
ΗΠΑ 
Πιστοποιημένο: 
Παλιά ανάρτηση #19 Αναρτήθηκε 14 Ιαν 2013, 23:15:02 Παράθεση 
My economy history shows that i paid the whole signing fee and 1/2 the 1 race contract fee. I had signed him for 1 race assuming the contract negotiation would finish up quickly.

lol, &$#% Man United!

think most Americans pull for Man U'd due to it being one of the few teams that were played on American television. I'll watch but root for them to go down. The networks are fickle and only follow winning teams Man U was on top when the networks finally started playing some Premier league games on a weekly basis... mid 2000 era. I follow Chelsea as they are shown regularly as well. I also dig Celtic but they are never shown.
Joe Johnson
(Γκρουπ Rookie - 198)

Χώρα:
ΗΠΑ 
Πιστοποιημένο: 
Παλιά ανάρτηση #20 Αναρτήθηκε 14 Ιαν 2013, 23:26:37 Παράθεση 
gotta say Ho-Pin Lammers is the most expensive non podium driver ever!

2,375,326 signing fee
1,715,325 driving fee

perhaps it was his 159 charisma that convinced GPRO to put him on my team.
Araujo Candido
(Γκρουπ Rookie - 29)

Αναρτήσεις: 3
  Χώρα:
Μοζαμβίκη 
Πιστοποιημένο: 
Παλιά ανάρτηση #21 Αναρτήθηκε 9 Μαι 2014, 07:20:30 Παράθεση 
I have chosen a driver to hire but am only able to shortlist him how do i get to make him an offer?
Luke Frost
(Γκρουπ Pro - 20)

Αναρτήσεις: 11111
  Χώρα:
Αυστραλία 
Πιστοποιημένο: 
Παλιά ανάρτηση #22 Αναρτήθηκε 9 Μαι 2014, 07:24:55 Παράθεση 
Click on the name, and then scroll down. You will see some options to the right. It will show the 'minimum' salary among other things. Once you make an offer, then your bid for that driver will be registered.

Hope that helps
Σελίδα [1

Απαντήστε στο θέμα