Grand Prix Racing Online Φόρουμ > Suggestions forum > Silly rain in classic view is even sillier in live screen. Προσθήκη θέματος στα μη ενδιαφέροντα Προσθήκη θέματος στα ενδιαφέροντα
Σελίδα [1
Ψηφοφορία θέματος φόρουμ
Should rain start and rain end be applied more realistically?
Συνδεθείτε για να ψηφίσετε ή να δείτε τα αποτελέσματα της ψηφοφορίας
Συγγραφέας Θέμα: Silly rain in classic view is even sillier in live screen. 4 απαντήσεις
Dimitris Lotsis
(Γκρουπ Rookie - 3)

Αναρτήσεις: 49
  Χώρα:
Ελλάδα 
Πιστοποιημένο: 
Μου αρέσει η ανάρτηση (0)   Δεν μου αρέσει η ανάρτηση (1)
Παλιά ανάρτηση #1 Αναρτήθηκε 14 Ιουλ 2018, 15:43:57 Παράθεση 
The way rain is applied by the game during the race is silly and illogical when it comes to cars lagging 1 or more laps from the leader.

Suppose you are lagging 2 rounds from the leader and rain starts on lap 10 which lets say is 15'35" after race start. The leader will race in wet from lap 10 onwards while you who at the time the rain starts are in lap 8 will race in dry for 2 more laps. Since both you and the leader are on the same racetrack and rain is assumed to fall on the entire track at the same time it is reasonable to assume that if rain started 15'35" after the race start then the leader you would race in wet conditions from lap 10 and you from lap 8 and not both from lap 10. The same of course goes for rain end so the total wet or dry laps would not be affected unless it concerns the intervals between the start of the race and the first weather change or between the last weather change and the end of the race.

That was strange but you could put it out of your mind if you wanted to with the classic race screen. In the live race screen I have seen several times the leader in dry conditions overtaking a slower car 1 or more laps behind that was racing in wet conditions as was obvious by the trace of spray left by the rear wheels.

While not crucial to game balance I would like to see this changed.
Kevin Parkinson
(Γκρουπ Retired)

GPRO προσωπικό
Αναρτήσεις: 14356
  Χώρα:
Σκωτία 
Πιστοποιημένο: 
Μου αρέσει η ανάρτηση (2)   Δεν μου αρέσει η ανάρτηση (0)
Παλιά ανάρτηση #2 Αναρτήθηκε 14 Ιουλ 2018, 15:52:27 Παράθεση 
I'm curious if this is something they will look to include in the new race engine that is in development. It simply isn't possible with how things currently work.

Making this realistic point will mean that it starts raining when people are in the middle of a lap. As this will be random, so can't be taken in to account as it could on real time, real life enviroment, it would randomly disadvantage some over others. I assume to be fair, it couldn't always start at the start of a leader's lap, so is this a "random" something that people really want to see? The time rain starts could massively impact the outcome of a race if the leader happened to just start a new lap as rain starts while others are just about to finish one, so can come in with much less time on the wet on wrong tyres

From a gameplay perspective, when real time decisions and accurate forecasting isn't available, I think this would be detrimental.
Jay De Snoo
(Γκρουπ Pro - 7)

Αναρτήσεις: 928
  Χώρα:
Ολλανδία 
Πιστοποιημένο: 
Μου αρέσει η ανάρτηση (1)   Δεν μου αρέσει η ανάρτηση (0)
Παλιά ανάρτηση #3 Αναρτήθηκε 14 Ιουλ 2018, 16:16:06 Παράθεση 
Fair point Kevin. However I think it a weather change that is applicable to everyone at the same TIME (rather than same lap) is easier to accept as 'random' that a race ending puncture or vomitting in the helmet ;)
Kevin Parkinson
(Γκρουπ Retired)

GPRO προσωπικό
Αναρτήσεις: 14356
  Χώρα:
Σκωτία 
Πιστοποιημένο: 
Μου αρέσει η ανάρτηση (0)   Δεν μου αρέσει η ανάρτηση (0)
Παλιά ανάρτηση #4 Αναρτήθηκε 14 Ιουλ 2018, 16:30:48 Παράθεση 
More akin to a non-race- ending random, but see your point. But talk of introducing so etching like that in addition to what there already is would not go down well, I'd guess.
Mark Wright
(Γκρουπ Elite)

Αναρτήσεις: 8829
  Χώρα:
Σκωτία 
Πιστοποιημένο: 
Μου αρέσει η ανάρτηση (0)   Δεν μου αρέσει η ανάρτηση (0)
Παλιά ανάρτηση #5 Αναρτήθηκε 14 Ιουλ 2018, 16:51:59 Παράθεση 
From what I can remember it's to do with how the current race engine works. As Kevin says with a new engine in development I would imagine this would be looked at but as it's all to do with coding I would imagine if it was a simple fix it would have been fixed by now!
Σελίδα [1
Grand Prix Racing Online Φόρουμ > Suggestions forum > Silly rain in classic view is even sillier in live screen. Προσθήκη θέματος στα μη ενδιαφέροντα Προσθήκη θέματος στα ενδιαφέροντα

Απαντήστε στο θέμα