Grand Prix Racing Online Φόρουμ > Bug forum > Rain qualify used softs not rain Προσθήκη θέματος στα μη ενδιαφέροντα Προσθήκη θέματος στα ενδιαφέροντα
Σελίδα [1
Συγγραφέας Θέμα: Rain qualify used softs not rain 19 απαντήσεις
Grant Findlay
(Γκρουπ Rookie - 135)

Αναρτήσεις: 11
  Χώρα:
Ν. Αφρική 
Πιστοποιημένο: 
Μου αρέσει η ανάρτηση (1)   Δεν μου αρέσει η ανάρτηση (0)
Παλιά ανάρτηση #1 Αναρτήθηκε 21 Μαι 2019, 23:29:47 Παράθεση 
Hi,
I chose to qualify on rain tyres. Then had to chose a tyre for Q1 (I chose hard). When I checked, my Q1 lap was done with soft tyres (plus 10 seconds on my laptime because it was raining. I then did my Q2 on hard tyres. This is how I can tell I chose rain tyres for Q1 as I now have Q1 on softs and Q2 on hards. Which is impossible unless there is a bug.
Do we report it here? And can it be changed?
Thanks
Grant
Florencia Caro
(Γκρουπ Pro - 18)

GPRO προσωπικό
Αναρτήσεις: 17129
  Χώρα:
Αργεντινή 
Πιστοποιημένο: 
Μου αρέσει η ανάρτηση (0)   Δεν μου αρέσει η ανάρτηση (1)
Παλιά ανάρτηση #2 Αναρτήθηκε 21 Μαι 2019, 23:32:55 (τελευταία επεξεργασία 21 Μαι 2019, 23:35:34 από Florencia Caro) Παράθεση 
Quote ( Grant Findlay @ May 21st 2019,23:29:47 )

I chose to qualify on rain tyres. Then had to chose a tyre for Q1 (I chose hard). When I checked, my Q1 lap was done with soft tyres (plus 10 seconds on my laptime because it was raining.

This seems a bit confusing, Grant. You are stating that you in fact chose to and did qualify on hards, what is the part where it went wrong, being that your choice? You actually chose to qualy with dry compound.

Also, it's only possible to use 1 type of slick/dry tyre, I doubt you had a Q1 with softs and a Q2 with hards :/. Can you re-check that?
Dainius Vaškys
(Γκρουπ Pro - 7)

Αναρτήσεις: 654
  Χώρα:
Λιθουανία 
Πιστοποιημένο: 
Μου αρέσει η ανάρτηση (0)   Δεν μου αρέσει η ανάρτηση (0)
Παλιά ανάρτηση #3 Αναρτήθηκε 21 Μαι 2019, 23:36:18 Παράθεση 
This is confusing, to me it looks like you did Q1 on Hard's and now you have Rain and Hard's for Q2 and the race, soft's maybe as a practice lap stint ?

P.S. Wet time's are always greater than dry times.
James Hitchen
(Γκρουπ Master - 4)

Αναρτήσεις: 592
  Χώρα:
Αγγλία 
Πιστοποιημένο: 
Παλιά ανάρτηση #4 Αναρτήθηκε 21 Μαι 2019, 23:39:28 Παράθεση 
Well you definitely did Q1 on a dry tyre. Are you sure the softs weren’t used in a practice lap like Dainius suggested? Check what it says in the race strategy page for your dry tyre option and also check what it says in your Q1 page as it should still state the tyre you ran the lap on (I think). 
Paulo Guarim
(Γκρουπ Rookie - 124)

Αναρτήσεις: 618
  Χώρα:
Βραζιλία 
Πιστοποιημένο: 
Παλιά ανάρτηση #5 Αναρτήθηκε 22 Μαι 2019, 01:39:38 Παράθεση 
It's easy to know what really happened. Beside, in the right, at the lap times, in the training laps and also in the qualys is the type of tire used.
If there are two types of dry tire, print the screen and send it to the game administrators.
Grant Findlay
(Γκρουπ Rookie - 135)

Χώρα:
Ν. Αφρική 
Πιστοποιημένο: 
Μου αρέσει η ανάρτηση (3)   Δεν μου αρέσει η ανάρτηση (0)
Παλιά ανάρτηση #6 Αναρτήθηκε 22 Μαι 2019, 09:18:03 Παράθεση 
Hi,
To clarify....
I did Q1 on softs... and Q2 on hards. (Even though I chose wet tires for Q1)

I know there was a bug because I've got different dry tires for Q1 and Q2.

I chose wets for Q1, then elected hards for Q2 when prompted after choosing wets for Q1. When I look at my Q1 lap, it was done on softs. I never chose softs. And I know this, because I did my Q2 on hards.

Does that clarify what I'm saying? My Q1 is now 10 seconds off the pace because somehow it was done on softs when I chose rain tires for Q1. If I'd chosen softs after chosing rain tires in Q1, I would have had to do Q2 on softs. But I did them on hards, because that was the dry tire I chose after. I don't know how and where the softs came about. Hence it must be a bug.

I've checked again, and my Q1 is on softs and Q2 is on hards. Therefore it must be a bug.
Grant Findlay
(Γκρουπ Rookie - 135)

Χώρα:
Ν. Αφρική 
Πιστοποιημένο: 
Μου αρέσει η ανάρτηση (3)   Δεν μου αρέσει η ανάρτηση (0)
Παλιά ανάρτηση #7 Αναρτήθηκε 22 Μαι 2019, 09:24:17 Παράθεση 
Let me take you through the steps as it happened:

1. Practiced (my last practice lap was on rain tires)
2. Q1 chose rain tires > Clicked Drive lap
3. Message popped up and said I needed to choose a dry tire for Q2 > I chose hards
4. Q1 results were 10 seconds slower than I expected > Noticed it says I did it on softs
5. Q2 > had the choice of hards or rain tires > chose hards > Clicked Drive lap
6. Q2 results were as expected showing it was done with hard tires.

How is it possible to have Q1 and Q2 on different compound dry tires? (this is what makes me believe there is a bud, especially as I chose rain tires, then had to chose a dry compound for Q2 before Q1 lap)

Vladimir Alexandróv
(Διαχειριστής)

GPRO προσωπικό
Αναρτήσεις: 8568
  Χώρα:
Βουλγαρία 
Πιστοποιημένο: 
Μου αρέσει η ανάρτηση (18)   Δεν μου αρέσει η ανάρτηση (0)
Παλιά ανάρτηση #8 Αναρτήθηκε 22 Μαι 2019, 09:27:30 Παράθεση 
Bug confirmed. I've reset your qualify laps @Grant Findlay (R135).
Grant Findlay
(Γκρουπ Rookie - 135)

Χώρα:
Ν. Αφρική 
Πιστοποιημένο: 
Μου αρέσει η ανάρτηση (9)   Δεν μου αρέσει η ανάρτηση (0)
Παλιά ανάρτηση #9 Αναρτήθηκε 22 Μαι 2019, 09:35:48 Παράθεση 
ok awesome thanks Vladimir.
Appreciate it.
Jan Velske3
(Γκρουπ Elite)

Αναρτήσεις: 897
  Χώρα:
Γερμανία 
Πιστοποιημένο: 
Μου αρέσει η ανάρτηση (10)   Δεν μου αρέσει η ανάρτηση (0)
Παλιά ανάρτηση #10 Αναρτήθηκε 22 Μαι 2019, 11:36:10 (τελευταία επεξεργασία 22 Μαι 2019, 11:36:49 από Jan Velske) Παράθεση 
You are lucky the bug caused different tyre compounds, otherwise probably everyone wouldnt believe you and say you misclicked :p

And thanks to our king Vladimir who always has an open ear for his people :) 
António Pereira
(Γκρουπ Amateur - 67)

Αναρτήσεις: 4159
  Χώρα:
Πορτογαλία 
Πιστοποιημένο: 
Παλιά ανάρτηση #11 Αναρτήθηκε 22 Μαι 2019, 15:12:25 Παράθεση 

Quote ( Jan Velske @ May 22nd 2019,11:36:10 )

You are lucky the bug caused different tyre compounds, otherwise probably everyone wouldnt believe you and say you misclicked :p

for sure
Cash Ferguson
(Γκρουπ Rookie - 145)

Αναρτήσεις: 1
  Χώρα:
Αυστραλία 
Πιστοποιημένο: 
Παλιά ανάρτηση #12 Αναρτήθηκε 24 Μαι 2019, 15:31:38 Παράθεση 
I have had the same happen to me... Clicked on wets for Q1 and ended up doing it on dry tires for some 11 second defeceit. Ended up 15th for Q1 and 1st for Q2 once back on correct hard compound. 
Didnt actually relies it was at all possible to have anything reversed till this thread was pointed out to me through team chat with another member pointing it out.
Peter Willmore
(Γκρουπ Amateur - 26)

Αναρτήσεις: 3616
  Χώρα:
Αγγλία 
Πιστοποιημένο: 
Παλιά ανάρτηση #13 Αναρτήθηκε 24 Μαι 2019, 15:58:29 Παράθεση 
Screenshot it and message Vlad 
Ivan Silva
(Γκρουπ Elite)

Αναρτήσεις: 5067
  Χώρα:
Πορτογαλία 
Πιστοποιημένο: 
Μου αρέσει η ανάρτηση (2)   Δεν μου αρέσει η ανάρτηση (0)
Παλιά ανάρτηση #14 Αναρτήθηκε 24 Μαι 2019, 16:07:37 Παράθεση 
too bad he's qualifying late. if this happens to late qualifiers its a serious problem.
I wont complain if some of my group mates get that bug though :D
Michael Jones
(Γκρουπ Amateur - 68)

Αναρτήσεις: 1386
  Χώρα:
Αγγλία 
Πιστοποιημένο: 
Μου αρέσει η ανάρτηση (2)   Δεν μου αρέσει η ανάρτηση (0)
Παλιά ανάρτηση #15 Αναρτήθηκε 24 Μαι 2019, 16:42:49 Παράθεση 
Quote ( Cash Ferguson @ May 24th 2019,15:31:38 )

I have had the same happen to me... Clicked on wets for Q1 and ended up doing it on dry tires for some 11 second defeceit. Ended up 15th for Q1 and 1st for Q2 once back on correct hard compound. 
Didnt actually relies it was at all possible to have anything reversed till this thread was pointed out to me through team chat with another member pointing it out.

The OP had actually 2 different dry compounds shown on his Q..

If you have only hard /hard then it looks like you made a mistake.
Niek Nijboer
(Γκρουπ Amateur - 83)

Αναρτήσεις: 111
  Χώρα:
Ολλανδία 
Πιστοποιημένο: 
Παλιά ανάρτηση #16 Αναρτήθηκε 26 Μαι 2019, 10:29:35 Παράθεση 
Quote ( Michael Jones @ May 24th 2019,16:42:49 )

Quote ( Cash Ferguson @ May 24th 2019,15:31:38 )

The OP had actually 2 different dry compounds shown on his Q..

If you have only hard /hard then it looks like you made a mistake.

I had exactly the same. I am 100% sure I clicked on Rain tyres for Q1 but ended up with Hard.
I am so sure, as I realized that in Practice I had the same net time for Extra soft and Hard and then realized that it was raining. The reason I choose for Rain in Q1. 
Rolas Butkus
(Γκρουπ Amateur - 56)

Αναρτήσεις: 78
  Χώρα:
Λιθουανία 
Πιστοποιημένο: 
Παλιά ανάρτηση #17 Αναρτήθηκε 20 Μαρ 2023, 17:23:57 (τελευταία επεξεργασία 20 Μαρ 2023, 17:24:09 από Rolas Butkus) Παράθεση 
Similar issue here, selected rain tyres for Q2 but went from top 1% in amateur in Q1 on hards to bottom 5% on rain tyres in rain.

The report says i selected rain tyres for Q2 yet i am 7s off the leading time having been 1s clear of the pack in Q1 in my group.
George Togas
(Γκρουπ Pro - 19)

Αναρτήσεις: 1634
  Χώρα:
Ελλάδα 
Πιστοποιημένο: 
Παλιά ανάρτηση #18 Αναρτήθηκε 20 Μαρ 2023, 17:27:53 (τελευταία επεξεργασία 20 Μαρ 2023, 17:28:09 από George Togas) Παράθεση 
<div></div>
Quote ( Rolas Butkus @ March 20th 2023,17:23:57 )

Similar issue here, selected rain tyres for Q2 but went from top 1% in amateur in Q1 on hards to bottom 5% on rain tyres in rain.

The report says i selected rain tyres for Q2 yet i am 7s off the leading time having been 1s clear of the pack in Q1 in my group.

1. Driver with low talent
2. Dry setup instead of wet setup
3. Very high amount of fuel. (Have you chosen to start on dry tyres?)
4. All of the above
Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo
(Γκρουπ Pro - 20)

Αναρτήσεις: 2727
  Χώρα:
Μεξικό 
Πιστοποιημένο: 
Παλιά ανάρτηση #19 Αναρτήθηκε 20 Μαρ 2023, 17:29:13 Παράθεση 
Quote ( Rolas Butkus @ March 20th 2023,17:23:57 )

it depends on too many things.

1) did you change your setup for Rain?
2) If so, is your rain setup correct?
3) Is your driver good at rain?
4) Are your driver attributes the correct ones for reducing driver mistakes?
5) Did you use too much risk?
6) How much fuel did you have?

I could be one of the above (specially the first three) but it could also be a mixture ao all of the above.

Rolas Butkus
(Γκρουπ Amateur - 56)

Αναρτήσεις: 78
  Χώρα:
Λιθουανία 
Πιστοποιημένο: 
Παλιά ανάρτηση #20 Αναρτήθηκε 20 Μαρ 2023, 20:25:40 Παράθεση 
Thanks for replies!

1. Setup has been changed for rain (in last couple seasons I'd be within 0.5s of others with similar pace in the rain)
2. Rain setup is decent as per above + using rain tyres for q2
<div>3. Driver is not great on the rain but decent for amateur</div><div>4. Certainly decent at reducing mistakes (also low risk qualy)
5. Used low risk qualy</div><div>6. Did not overfuel</div><div>
My main issue is that having had this driver for a season and qualified well in rain before I suddenly qualify only ahead of the person who got their tyres wrong.</div>
Σελίδα [1
Grand Prix Racing Online Φόρουμ > Bug forum > Rain qualify used softs not rain Προσθήκη θέματος στα μη ενδιαφέροντα Προσθήκη θέματος στα ενδιαφέροντα

Απαντήστε στο θέμα