Σελίδα [12 3 » Γρήγορη μετάβαση στη σελίδα:
Συγγραφέας Θέμα: Bad teams 67 απαντήσεις
Lorne Taylor
(Γκρουπ Rookie - 46)

Αναρτήσεις: 67
  Χώρα:
Καναδάς 
Πιστοποιημένο: 
Μου αρέσει η ανάρτηση (4)   Δεν μου αρέσει η ανάρτηση (20)
Παλιά ανάρτηση #1 Αναρτήθηκε 15 Μαι 2020, 23:10:34 Παράθεση 
I expect this will be taken down in short order.

I am sick & tired of the mantra of "join a team" with no way to tell if a team is any good. I am sick of joining teams that offer bad, or no, advice, with no penalty to _them_ when it costs _me_ $3 mil, & I don't get it back.

So, in the hope _somebody_ might get a benefit from this before it's taken down:

Don't join FITTIPALDI F1 GPRO RaceTeam.
Hans Mörtsjö
(Γκρουπ Pro - 18)

Αναρτήσεις: 2287
  Χώρα:
Σουηδία 
Πιστοποιημένο: 
Μου αρέσει η ανάρτηση (1)   Δεν μου αρέσει η ανάρτηση (1)
Παλιά ανάρτηση #2 Αναρτήθηκε 15 Μαι 2020, 23:13:46 Παράθεση 
Create your own team. Work hard and put everything together. It takes time :)
Vitaly Sevov
(Γκρουπ Pro - 3)

Αναρτήσεις: 522
  Χώρα:
Ρωσία 
Πιστοποιημένο: 
Μου αρέσει η ανάρτηση (6)   Δεν μου αρέσει η ανάρτηση (0)
Παλιά ανάρτηση #3 Αναρτήθηκε 15 Μαι 2020, 23:16:29 Παράθεση 
You can check the team profile before applying.
There you can see some stats like how many players from that team got to PRO, Masters or Elite and having this in mind, decide if it is worthy or not.
Tibor Szuromi
(Γκρουπ Pro - 20)

Αναρτήσεις: 11903
  Χώρα:
Ουγγαρία 
Πιστοποιημένο: 
Μου αρέσει η ανάρτηση (1)   Δεν μου αρέσει η ανάρτηση (0)
Παλιά ανάρτηση #4 Αναρτήθηκε 15 Μαι 2020, 23:17:08 Παράθεση 

Quote ( Hans Mörtsjö @ May 15th 2020,23:13:46 )

Create your own team. Work hard and put everything together. It takes time :)

Then if you become an amateur.
Miel Soeterbroek
(Γκρουπ Master - 3)

Αναρτήσεις: 3107
  Χώρα:
Ολλανδία 
Πιστοποιημένο: 
Μου αρέσει η ανάρτηση (5)   Δεν μου αρέσει η ανάρτηση (0)
Παλιά ανάρτηση #5 Αναρτήθηκε 15 Μαι 2020, 23:18:33 Παράθεση 
There's quite some stats around to gauge if a team is "worthy" indeed

Next to that, a team application is a two way street. They can gauge whether you are a good fit for the team, and at the same time you can get some impressions about the team...
Vitaly Sevov
(Γκρουπ Pro - 3)

Αναρτήσεις: 522
  Χώρα:
Ρωσία 
Πιστοποιημένο: 
Μου αρέσει η ανάρτηση (5)   Δεν μου αρέσει η ανάρτηση (1)
Παλιά ανάρτηση #6 Αναρτήθηκε 15 Μαι 2020, 23:21:14 Παράθεση 
I saw your last race. 6 stops and the last place. Was this something to blame the team in? There was no your fault in that? Did you try to help the team if they got everything wrong?
Kyle Morris
(Γκρουπ Amateur - 62)

Αναρτήσεις: 6688
  Χώρα:
Αγγλία 
Πιστοποιημένο: 
Παλιά ανάρτηση #7 Αναρτήθηκε 15 Μαι 2020, 23:22:29 Παράθεση 
My advice Lorne
Before applying, PM the team leader with your intention of joining and what you are looking for. Wait for a response and see if its your fit
Also like Miel said, gauge an impression for the team!
Also look at the team recruitment forum. that is a very good indication of teams that are active if they advertise there
Andy Dowson
(Γκρουπ Amateur - 75)

Αναρτήσεις: 557
  Χώρα:
Αγγλία 
Πιστοποιημένο: 
Μου αρέσει η ανάρτηση (3)   Δεν μου αρέσει η ανάρτηση (0)
Παλιά ανάρτηση #8 Αναρτήθηκε 15 Μαι 2020, 23:24:11 Παράθεση 
For me i've always looked at the turnover of members in a team and if they have a solid core of 'Ever Presents'.

You also need to decide what you can bring to a team, it's not all about what they can give you.

Our team has a fairly lengthy process for getting to know new recruits and that process works both ways.
Josh Clark
(Γκρουπ Master - 4)

Αναρτήσεις: 6667
  Χώρα:
Αγγλία 
Πιστοποιημένο: 
Παλιά ανάρτηση #9 Αναρτήθηκε 15 Μαι 2020, 23:24:50 Παράθεση 
Quote ( Lorne Taylor @ May 15th 2020,23:10:34 )

I am sick & tired of the mantra of "join a team" with no way to tell if a team is any good. I am sick of joining teams that offer bad, or no, advice, with no penalty to _them_ when it costs _me_ $3 mil, & I don't get it back.

Why did you join the team you're currently in? Genuine question.
Florencia Caro
(Γκρουπ Elite)

GPRO προσωπικό
Αναρτήσεις: 17137
  Χώρα:
Αργεντινή 
Πιστοποιημένο: 
Μου αρέσει η ανάρτηση (2)   Δεν μου αρέσει η ανάρτηση (0)
Παλιά ανάρτηση #10 Αναρτήθηκε 15 Μαι 2020, 23:27:13 (τελευταία επεξεργασία 15 Μαι 2020, 23:28:41 από Florencia Caro) Παράθεση 
Quote ( Kyle Morris @ May 15th 2020,23:22:29 )

that is a very good indication of teams that are active if they advertise there

Regarding team advertising, I wouldn't say a team advertising is necessarily a good or active team. I've seen lots of ads posted in a topic by the same person over and over again and makes me wonder if the rest of the team members are active, have a voice or not :/.

I was once the only person posting in a recruitment topic for an old team I was part of, and in my particular case it was indeed a sign that the rest of the team lacked interest in recruitment, not saying all cases are the same; but I do believe it's something to consider, explore and ask about being on the other side of the recruitment ad.
Lech Witarczyk
(Γκρουπ Amateur - 33)

Αναρτήσεις: 99
  Χώρα:
Πολωνία 
Πιστοποιημένο: 
Μου αρέσει η ανάρτηση (0)   Δεν μου αρέσει η ανάρτηση (0)
Παλιά ανάρτηση #11 Αναρτήθηκε 15 Μαι 2020, 23:27:14 Παράθεση 
It sounds like you tried a ton of team when in fact you are in your second one.. I would keep looking. The 3M is important only if you are aiming at promotion, so perhaps it would be better to sacrifice this season to find something that works for you? Keep trying, I know from my experience that it is possible to find a team that will teach you many things even with no accomplishments.
Kirsty Ridley
(Γκρουπ Amateur - 49)

Αναρτήσεις: 7849
  Χώρα:
Αγγλία 
Πιστοποιημένο: 
Παλιά ανάρτηση #12 Αναρτήθηκε 15 Μαι 2020, 23:27:53 (τελευταία επεξεργασία 15 Μαι 2020, 23:32:47 από Kirsty Ridley) Παράθεση 
There are stats like how many team forum posts, which wont work if they have an offsite external forum, but they tell you the forum is in GPRO, then check they actually post in it.

In the lower leagues, and when you first start, its hard to find a team that actually wants rookies, so always be a little cautious if they accept without even asking for a decent app or what your aims are etc.
Mikie Shaw
(Γκρουπ Amateur - 44)

Αναρτήσεις: 426
  Χώρα:
Αγγλία 
Πιστοποιημένο: 
Παλιά ανάρτηση #13 Αναρτήθηκε 15 Μαι 2020, 23:29:06 Παράθεση 
I get it,and understand. I think generally we as long or short time playing managers here and that have learned some things "know" this too but in a nutshell advice is to join a team.
It is good advice also and generally meant in good spirited advice to a new player,so no detriment to them that advice this.
Although it may not have worked out in that team,did you learn "nothing at all" ?
Take before you joined any team and to what you know now,has any of it influenced you in any way at all regarding knowledge ? .
Granted you will find a team suitable for you but none the less there are teams out there willing to give you the basic of knowledge and some that don't quiet cut it in youre view,but at least gives you something to work on,otherwise you wouldn't see youre own potential and wouldn't feel the need to post this.
Find you're path brother,it is there,just dont bite the hand that feeds you.
Good luck.
Mikie

Lorne Taylor
(Γκρουπ Rookie - 46)

Αναρτήσεις: 67
  Χώρα:
Καναδάς 
Πιστοποιημένο: 
Παλιά ανάρτηση #14 Αναρτήθηκε 16 Μαι 2020, 00:56:13 Παράθεση 
Quote ( Mikie Shaw @ May 15th 2020,23:29:06 )

did you learn "nothing at all" ?
Take before you joined any team and to what you know now,has any of it influenced you in any way at all regarding knowledge ? .

I got bad advice once, & none this time, & I'm out $6 mil.
Lech Witarczyk
(Γκρουπ Amateur - 33)

Αναρτήσεις: 99
  Χώρα:
Πολωνία 
Πιστοποιημένο: 
Μου αρέσει η ανάρτηση (4)   Δεν μου αρέσει η ανάρτηση (0)
Παλιά ανάρτηση #15 Αναρτήθηκε 16 Μαι 2020, 01:02:09 Παράθεση 
Quote ( Lorne Taylor @ May 16th 2020,00:56:13 )

I got bad advice once, & none this time, & I'm out $6 mil.

The thing is - you're not. The first time you spent the 3M you did not promote and your finances got reset at the end of the season. So your current finances are not affected by that experience. If you won't promote this season then your expenses will also not really count.
Stuart Foster
(Γκρουπ Amateur - 49)

Αναρτήσεις: 12459
  Χώρα:
Ουαλία 
Πιστοποιημένο: 
Παλιά ανάρτηση #16 Αναρτήθηκε 16 Μαι 2020, 01:13:44 (τελευταία επεξεργασία 16 Μαι 2020, 01:17:23 από Stuart Foster) Παράθεση 
I think if you're in this for the long haul Lorne, the 3m outlay is insignificant with what you get back in shared input, not to mention the team money pay out on top that just keeps accumulating. The money should not be your concern, finding the team who fit your needs should be the one and only.

There are plenty of teams that will take newer players. We took Chris in our team just over a year ago, and he's doing very well indeed. Don't lose heart. It might be a good idea - if you can - to try to be around the forum and getting yourself noticed. Plenty of good characters on here will happily admit to finding themselves a good team through their forum activity and getting themselves a reputation for being someone who you'd want to be in your team because of their personality (Miel is one very good example of that). People can only find that out either over time or with you building up a rapport within the community. It's not essential you do this, but it can certainly be beneficial :)
Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo
(Γκρουπ Amateur - 89)

Αναρτήσεις: 2728
  Χώρα:
Μεξικό 
Πιστοποιημένο: 
Παλιά ανάρτηση #17 Αναρτήθηκε 16 Μαι 2020, 01:57:03 Παράθεση 
Lorne

There are ways to see if a team is a good team:

1) Did they accept you just for applying or did you do an application, the former is a good sign it is not a good team and they are just filling their team.

2) Did they ask you questions based on your application? If no, either you wrote a perfect application or the team did not have any questions to ask you, the latter is a bad sign, specially if you know that your application was not quite complete.

3) look at manager rotation, have many managers left the team recently? High manager rotation is a sign that they are not happy in the team or that an event triggered an stampede. Low rotation teams are generally better, but be careful some low rotation teams can be very quiet inside since they are made of experienced managers that work mostly by themselves.

4) Look at some of their experienced managers, are they talkative, do they post in the general forum? What kind of posts? If the posts are just simple Banter and no help you may expect an active forum but mostly banter (Yes there are exceptions) if they just post to complain, don't expect a very active forum and maybe no help, do they tend to post to help others or are there mentors in the team, that could indicate that the team is good for newbies.

5) As mentioned by Stuart, how is their recruiting forum, is it friendly, does only one person post (if only one person post you may ask this question, some teams prefer that only one member posts, it is just a simple "We are looking for a team member, apply?. The last one is not a good indication.

6) Do managers seem to have a plan, are they getting promotions even if the hit a wall in Master or Pro, for newbies it can be a helpful team.

7) I know, I don't have a picture, and I once lost a chance on a big team because of that, but look at the pictures, are they proud of their team? Are they a bunch of happy fella's or is it just a bunch of "?"'s?

8) PM ex managers, the more recent the better and ask them their opinion and what was the team's behaviour, specially if there was an stampede. Even you could PM current members and ask questions, specially if they speak you language and the leader doesn't, it is not common but it is not unheard of.

Top of my mind this what I would look for signs of a good team, there is no recipe, just value your choices and make a decision.

Daniel Douglas
(Γκρουπ Master - 5)

Αναρτήσεις: 3806
  Χώρα:
ΗΠΑ 
Πιστοποιημένο: 
Παλιά ανάρτηση #18 Αναρτήθηκε 16 Μαι 2020, 02:27:59 (τελευταία επεξεργασία 16 Μαι 2020, 02:34:37 από Daniel Douglas) Παράθεση 

I expect this will be taken down in short order.

So, in the hope _somebody_ might get a benefit from this before it's taken down:

Don't join FITTIPALDI F1 GPRO RaceTeam.

Didn't you already start a topic on this very same thing?

Yep, here it is: /gb/forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=29364

I can understand your frustration, but frankly you aren't helping your cause any ..... as many teams will see things like this and may label you one way or another, which wouldn't help you when it came to joining said team.

In the end, you chose to join the team just as much as they chose to take you on. Perhaps you need to change your approach a little when it comes to joining teams. Nothing says you can't ask questions of the team you are considering applying to. I've sat a half season in a team's social networking platform and interacted with the whole team before I made my decision on whether to join or not.

Don't rush to join a team. Even great teams may not be a fit for you personally ... even if they are active, engaging and performing. I've been there, being a member of an amazing team that just wasn't a fit for me personally..... wasn't an overly enjoyable experience even if staying there might have been better for my career.

You have to find a balance, especially naming such a team in a forum ..... you are going to scare teams away from you.
Daniel Mason
(Γκρουπ Pro - 10)

Αναρτήσεις: 5215
  Χώρα:
ΗΠΑ 
Πιστοποιημένο: 
Μου αρέσει η ανάρτηση (2)   Δεν μου αρέσει η ανάρτηση (1)
Παλιά ανάρτηση #19 Αναρτήθηκε 16 Μαι 2020, 02:45:13 Παράθεση 
Wait a flea-picking minute... wasn't my team roasted over an open fire for using a questionnaire to weed out knobs like Lorne? Oh wait, it was found to be pretty much useless after we had a scrap with one asshat that nearly laid waste to the team. I do agree with him on one thing though:

Don't join Benetton F1 Racing.

Gabriel Arbona
(Γκρουπ Amateur - 77)

Αναρτήσεις: 968
  Χώρα:
Παραγουάη 
Πιστοποιημένο: 
Μου αρέσει η ανάρτηση (0)   Δεν μου αρέσει η ανάρτηση (1)
Παλιά ανάρτηση #20 Αναρτήθηκε 16 Μαι 2020, 02:52:16 Παράθεση 
Quote ( Mikie Shaw @ May 15th 2020,23:29:06 )

just dont bite the hand that feeds you.

Daniel Douglas
(Γκρουπ Master - 5)

Αναρτήσεις: 3806
  Χώρα:
ΗΠΑ 
Πιστοποιημένο: 
Παλιά ανάρτηση #21 Αναρτήθηκε 16 Μαι 2020, 02:55:52 Παράθεση 
Quote ( Daniel Mason @ May 16th 2020,02:45:13 )

Wait a flea-picking minute... wasn't my team roasted over an open fire for using a questionnaire to weed out knobs like Lorne? Oh wait, it was found to be pretty much useless after we had a scrap with one asshat that nearly laid waste to the team. I do agree with him on one thing though:

What does a stupid questionnaire have to do with whether or not a team is a good one, and what does it have to do with the manager's experience in finding a quality team?

If anything the questionnaire just shows that the team is disengaged and isn't taking the time to talk specifically about and to the individual manager applying.
Luke Frost
(Γκρουπ Rookie - 11)

Αναρτήσεις: 11111
  Χώρα:
Αυστραλία 
Πιστοποιημένο: 
Παλιά ανάρτηση #22 Αναρτήθηκε 16 Μαι 2020, 03:25:27 Παράθεση 
If you study your team by reading forum posts, or talking to them, then seeing their history (high turnover of still active people is probably bad) you'll get a good understanding. Don't just join a team you don't know, join a team after you know :)
Thijs Rieken
(Γκρουπ Pro - 17)

Αναρτήσεις: 1042
  Χώρα:
Ολλανδία 
Πιστοποιημένο: 
Παλιά ανάρτηση #23 Αναρτήθηκε 16 Μαι 2020, 07:25:57 Παράθεση 
We all make these mistakes. We don't all whine about it.
Luke Frost
(Γκρουπ Rookie - 11)

Αναρτήσεις: 11111
  Χώρα:
Αυστραλία 
Πιστοποιημένο: 
Μου αρέσει η ανάρτηση (0)   Δεν μου αρέσει η ανάρτηση (0)
Παλιά ανάρτηση #24 Αναρτήθηκε 16 Μαι 2020, 07:53:04 Παράθεση 
Quote ( Daniel Douglas @ May 16th 2020,02:55:52 )

Quote ( Daniel Mason @ May 16th 2020,02:45:13 )

What does a stupid questionnaire have to do with whether or not a team is a good one, and what does it have to do with the manager's experience in finding a quality team?

If anything the questionnaire just shows that the team is disengaged and isn't taking the time to talk specifically about and to the individual manager applying.

Not only that
who would really want to sit around for 1hr+ writing answers for some group of 9 blokes in their basement who will decide whether your writing is better than the 3 other guys who spent that long answering all the stuff?
I'm not trying to slander anyone but as I guess I'm pretty experienced with gaming, it's just a game. No need to take it so serious. Chill out, have fun and find likewise people :D
Sam Wainwright
(Γκρουπ Master - 2)

Αναρτήσεις: 2843
  Χώρα:
Αγγλία 
Πιστοποιημένο: 
Παλιά ανάρτηση #25 Αναρτήθηκε 16 Μαι 2020, 08:04:50 Παράθεση 
As someone who's been stuck in a shit team for a long time, I understand your frustration Lorne. Stay strong.
Maxim Egorov
(Γκρουπ Elite)

Αναρτήσεις: 206
  Χώρα:
Ρωσία 
Πιστοποιημένο: 
Μου αρέσει η ανάρτηση (15)   Δεν μου αρέσει η ανάρτηση (0)
Παλιά ανάρτηση #26 Αναρτήθηκε 16 Μαι 2020, 08:37:19 Παράθεση 
Bad teams, bad teams
Whatcha gonna do, whatcha gonna do
When they come for you
Robin Goodey
(Γκρουπ Elite)

Αναρτήσεις: 2096
  Χώρα:
Αγγλία 
Πιστοποιημένο: 
Παλιά ανάρτηση #27 Αναρτήθηκε 16 Μαι 2020, 09:16:43 Παράθεση 
Quote ( Sam Wainwright @ May 16th 2020,08:04:50 )

As someone who's been stuck in a shit team for a long time, I understand your frustration Lorne. Stay strong.

But we win multiple Oscars for being shit / a-holes Sam ;)
Sam Wainwright
(Γκρουπ Master - 2)

Αναρτήσεις: 2843
  Χώρα:
Αγγλία 
Πιστοποιημένο: 
Παλιά ανάρτηση #28 Αναρτήθηκε 16 Μαι 2020, 13:25:37 Παράθεση 
And we're really really good at being doofuses.
Roland Jakobsson
(Γκρουπ Pro - 12)

Αναρτήσεις: 107
  Χώρα:
Σουηδία 
Πιστοποιημένο: 
Παλιά ανάρτηση #29 Αναρτήθηκε 16 Μαι 2020, 14:02:56 Παράθεση 
Quote ( Florencia Caro @ May 15th 2020,23:27:13 )

Regarding team advertising, I wouldn't say a team advertising is necessarily a good or active team. I've seen lots of ads posted in a topic by the same person over and over again and makes me wonder if the rest of the team members are active, have a voice or not :/.

I totally agree with this, there are teams recruiting at the moment that I would not touch with a barge pole, led by people who are jumping from team to team and straight up abandon their projects or teams pretty often with all the people remaining left in the lurch.

With that said, DO YOUR HOMEWORK. Look at the previous results, history of their team, check out the individual members and how long they've been there. As someone said earlier, look for people who have been there for a long time. Don't rush, take it nice and slow and don't just rush in.

I don't want to be rude to you Lorne, but this works both ways. Your current team history will reflect back on yourself as well and frankly it does not look good! Your current record of abandoning your teams within a month of joining them will most likely scare away the more seriously run outfits from making you an offer to join because from the outside it looks like your own commitment is questionable. So be careful!
Alan Snyder
(Γκρουπ Amateur - 77)

Αναρτήσεις: 1504
  Χώρα:
ΗΠΑ 
Πιστοποιημένο: 
Μου αρέσει η ανάρτηση (3)   Δεν μου αρέσει η ανάρτηση (4)
Παλιά ανάρτηση #30 Αναρτήθηκε 16 Μαι 2020, 14:56:14 Παράθεση 
Looking at your Manager History, only a bad team might have you on their team.

Good luck, in your search for a good team.
Σελίδα [12 3 » Γρήγορη μετάβαση στη σελίδα:

Απαντήστε στο θέμα