Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > News & interviews forum > Journey to Elite - Interview Project Temu stavi na listu ignoriranja Temu stavi na listu praćenja
Stranica « 1 2 3 [45 6 7 8 » Brzo idi na stranicu:
Začetnik Tema: Journey to Elite - Interview Project 213 odgovora
Ryan Eastham
(Grupa Rookie - 146)

Teme: 88
  Država:
Engleska 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (1)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)
Stari post #91 objavljeno 29 Svi 2014, 13:29:03 Citat 
Quite enjoyed reading this!

I'm always free for an interview guys :).
Finn Shaw-McIver
(Grupa Amateur - 36)

Teme: 22386
  Država:
Engleska 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #92 objavljeno 29 Svi 2014, 13:34:24 Citat 
Quote ( Ryan Eastham @ May 29th 2014,13:29:03 )

I'm always free for an interview guys :)

maybe after a few more races mate
Marcos Rodrigues
(Grupa Rookie - 182)

Teme: 1047
  Država:
Brazil 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (9)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)
Stari post #93 objavljeno 29 Svi 2014, 13:38:53 (zadnji uredio29 Svi 2014, 13:47:43 od Marcos Rodrigues) Citat 
Luke,

Keep up with the good work. The reaction with the last interview was not your fault. Claudio has a large rejection among brazilian managers.

Claudio,

Go straight ahead to elite!
Rully Perdana
(Grupa Amateur - 26)

Teme: 146
  Država:
Indonezija 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #94 objavljeno 29 Svi 2014, 13:55:29 Citat 
Suggestion of question for next interview

1. What was the hardest moment in your gpro carreer?
2. Any tips and trick for your fellow gpro manager?
Paul Hughes
(Grupa Amateur - 88)

Teme: 862
  Država:
Engleska 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #95 objavljeno 29 Svi 2014, 14:43:19 Citat 
Enjoyed reading these interviews Frosty, keep up the good work. :)
Guy Adams
(Grupa Rookie - 167)

Teme: 231
  Država:
Engleska 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #96 objavljeno 29 Svi 2014, 14:49:35 Citat 
Not sure why you are getting so much abuse Luke - it's not like anyone is being forced to read the interviews!

For what it's worth, keep it up mate, I for one really enjoy them.
Ryan Eastham
(Grupa Rookie - 146)

Teme: 88
  Država:
Engleska 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #97 objavljeno 29 Svi 2014, 15:31:32 Citat 
Quote ( Finn Shaw-McIver @ May 29th 2014,13:34:24 )

Quote ( Ryan Eastham @ May 29th 2014,13:29:03 )

I'm always free for an interview guys :)
maybe after a few more races mate

It was a tongue in cheek comment, I know i'm not of the caliber or interesting enough (yet :D)
Finn Shaw-McIver
(Grupa Amateur - 36)

Teme: 22386
  Država:
Engleska 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #98 objavljeno 29 Svi 2014, 15:41:00 Citat 
Quote ( Ryan Eastham @ May 29th 2014,15:31:32 )

It was a tongue in cheek comment

so was mine:p
Luke Frost
(Grupa Pro - 20)

Teme: 11111
  Država:
Australija 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #99 objavljeno 29 Svi 2014, 15:45:10 Citat 
The ideal scenario is to have all interviews started with managers who are somewhere between rookie promotion and pro retention.

When they get to master, a follow up interview (probably a lot shorter) will be conducted. All who have been interviewed have been suggested by three or more people. It is difficult to not see elite potential in any of them.
Piotr Wechterowicz
(Grupa Elite)

Teme: 818
  Država:
Poljska 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #100 objavljeno 29 Svi 2014, 15:56:07 Citat 
Good work luke
Alexei Malkin
(Grupa Pro - 13)

Teme: 2615
  Država:
Ruska Federacija 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (1)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (1)
Stari post #101 objavljeno 29 Svi 2014, 16:42:51 Citat 
10 seasons in amateurs (and still now)? Where is a potencial? :)
So every manager is a potencial Elite member.
Luke Frost
(Grupa Pro - 20)

Teme: 11111
  Država:
Australija 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (3)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (2)
Stari post #102 objavljeno 29 Svi 2014, 17:13:01 Citat 
Quote ( Alexei Malkin @ May 29th 2014,16:42:51 )

10 seasons in amateurs (and still now)? Where is a potencial? :)
So every manager is a potencial Elite member.

Also what you missed
he was suggested 3 times
despite not having a team, he's shown clear signs of progress (clearly developing skills in ama before moving forward)...obviously not spoon fed
very active on the forums with a no nonsense type of approach
and as you'll see by reading the interview, your questions are answered ;)

Don't have to read or even click on this thread. It is some crazy idea i had which some people seem to enjoy. Others don't, and that's fine. It is labelled 'journey to elite', but it doesn't mean it's a certainty they will get there....it just means enough people have seen that kind of potential in them for their names to be mentioned so many times. Until they fail, you should think about their feelings before saying someone has no potential.
Mark Philips
(Grupa Amateur - 48)

Teme: 913
  Država:
Njemačka 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (3)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)
Stari post #103 objavljeno 29 Svi 2014, 17:20:42 Citat 
If someone can't see the potential in Claudio, then perhaps they don't have any themselves? Anyway, I enjoyed the interview, and also enjoy reading Claudio's posts in the forums.

The questions weren't bad either :)
Kevin Parkinson
(Grupa Pro - 22)

GPRO Ekipa
Teme: 14356
  Država:
Škotska 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #104 objavljeno 29 Svi 2014, 17:29:23 Citat 
Quote ( Luke Frost @ May 28th 2014,11:27:31 )

Stage 1: Introduction ▬ Jean Claudio Van Szynkier 8)

Who? Claudio Szynkier /gb/ManagerProfile.asp?IDM=299187
Represents: Brazil
193 races: 1.59 points/race
Current group: Amateur - 6 (6th) /gb/Standings.asp?Group=Amateur%20-%206

That is a really excellent interview! Well done to you both.

I can only assume that the mass of down thumbs are simply due to a personal dislike of Claudio (he certainly has the kind of personality that can rub people the wrong way) and not due to the interview content, which I found very interesting.

Keep up the good work, Luke, and all the best when you do finally come up to play with the big boys in Pro and Master, Claudio :p
Athul Rex
(Grupa Rookie - 139)

Teme: 304
  Država:
Indija 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (2)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)
Stari post #105 objavljeno 29 Svi 2014, 17:59:18 Citat 
Great interview Luke, just ignore the down votes...
I can't see why people won't appreciate the fact that someone is spending his valuable time to do a great project like this just for the fun and motivation of other managers here.
I enjoyed most of the interviews here and found some very inspirational stories, I am sure the ones coming up are just as good. Cheers^^
Alexei Malkin
(Grupa Pro - 13)

Teme: 2615
  Država:
Ruska Federacija 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (1)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (2)
Stari post #106 objavljeno 29 Svi 2014, 18:14:02 Citat 
Quote ( Luke Frost @ May 29th 2014,17:13:01 )

Also what you missed

undoubtedly. But how much time he spends on the study of the game alone?
There are a huge crowd of managers who have learned a lot in the team, who can fight in the elite now. You're wasting your time without a team, however you lose the chance of promotion. Look at me. 4 seasons ago I didn't know how to calculate my fuel. Now I know what should I do to be a constantly elite manager (but not soon because of pursuit of the team title).
This is only my opinion.
Max Watson
(Grupa Master - 4)

Teme: 5184
  Država:
Engleska 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (4)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)
Stari post #107 objavljeno 29 Svi 2014, 18:30:06 (zadnji uredio29 Svi 2014, 18:32:23 od Max Watson) Citat 
No matter what your opinion of Claudio the effort put into the interview by both parties can still be respected. You can also still gain insights regardless of your impression of the speaker. As Plutarch said, "Know how to listen and you will profit even from those who talk badly".
Edwin Silva
(Grupa Amateur - 93)

Teme: 2235
  Država:
Kolumbija 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (9)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (1)
Stari post #108 objavljeno 29 Svi 2014, 18:38:58 Citat 
Quote ( Max Watson @ May 29th 2014,18:30:06 )

As Plutarch said, "Know how to listen and you will profit even from those who talk badly".

I was going to say "Don't be a dick", but I guess Plutarch's phrase is better.
Luis Lopes
(Grupa Pro - 25)

Teme: 45
  Država:
Portugal 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #109 objavljeno 29 Svi 2014, 19:48:33 Citat 
Quote ( Alexei Malkin @ May 29th 2014,18:14:02 )

here are a huge crowd of managers who have learned a lot in the team, who can fight in the elite now. You're wasting your time without a team, however you lose the chance of promotion. Look at me. 4 seasons ago I didn't know how to calculate my fuel. Now I know what should I do to be a constantly elite manager (but not soon because of pursuit of the team title).
This is only my opinion.

While there's merit in the good execution of a team recipe, there's also merit in trying to find your own way. Granted, is not as efficient, but if all of us only followed what other people say, we would still be in the dark ages.
Kevin Parkinson
(Grupa Pro - 22)

GPRO Ekipa
  Država:
Škotska 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (6)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)
Stari post #110 objavljeno 29 Svi 2014, 19:50:42 (zadnji uredio29 Svi 2014, 19:51:32 od Kevin Parkinson) Citat 

Look at me. 4 seasons ago I didn't know how to calculate my fuel. Now I know what should I do to be a constantly elite manager (but not soon because of pursuit of the team title).

So what you're saying is that Claudio is a far better manager than you as he's achieved on his own would you could not and any success you have is simply due to your team (so the help of others) and not down to your personal ability.

If you'd read the full interview, you'd see Claudio is happy to have that challenge of finding things out by himself, as oppose to the easier route of working with a team to help figure things out faster, so given you've just made it clear that you couldn't succeed on your own, I fail to see how you can possibly be critical of Claudio.

This is only my opinion.

:)
Kuba Szajbel
(Grupa Master - 2)

Teme: 4231
  Država:
Poljska 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #111 objavljeno 29 Svi 2014, 20:28:56 Citat 
Quote ( Edwin Silva @ May 29th 2014,18:38:58 )

Quote ( Max Watson @ May 29th 2014,18:30:06 )

As Plutarch said, "Know how to listen and you will profit even from those who talk badly".

I was going to say "Don't be a dick", but I guess Plutarch's phrase is better.
hahaha. Love it
Claudio Szynkier
(Grupa Amateur - 6)

Teme: 1043
  Država:
Brazil 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (4)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (1)
Stari post #112 objavljeno 29 Svi 2014, 20:44:59 (zadnji uredio29 Svi 2014, 21:14:21 od Claudio Szynkier) Citat 
thank you i enjoyed answering.

I'm in no hurry. What I love the most in Gpro is Gpro itself, the races, etc. No hurry at all. I'm not ambitious in the short term. And I love a buck (not only in Gpro haha), preparing myself to let the sweet buck go ;((

Regarding the mass of the Brazilian forum that thumbed down, I never see them here. They only appear when I talk, to thumb. And I never talked to them. This is called appreciation. to continue in the philosophy of Watson, platonic appreciation ;)
Felipe Seolin
(Grupa Master - 4)

Teme: 1729
  Država:
Brazil 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (5)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (3)
Stari post #113 objavljeno 29 Svi 2014, 21:15:14 Citat 
I don't understand how you can know that Brazilians who did this? From what I noticed here in this same forum, after the interview with Claudio, the proportion of Brazilians and non-Brazilians who have criticized the choice of the interview is equal to 1-1.

BTW, I didn't like this choice, nothing against Claudio, but I think the GPRO really starts in Pro, and this should be a criterion for choosing the interviewed.

To validate my argument, it suffices to consider the amount of experienced managers who return to Amateur after failure in the higher classes. Amador is THE paradise ...
Kevin Parkinson
(Grupa Pro - 22)

GPRO Ekipa
  Država:
Škotska 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #114 objavljeno 29 Svi 2014, 21:18:36 (zadnji uredio29 Svi 2014, 21:21:25 od Kevin Parkinson) Citat 
Quote ( Felipe Seolin @ May 29th 2014,21:15:14 )

I don't understand how you can know that Brazilians who did this?

Currently 18 thumbs down on the interview post; 15 of which are Brazilian.

BTW, I didn't like this choice, nothing against Claudio, but I think the GPRO really starts in Pro, and this should be a criterion for choosing the interviewed.

You might wish to read the opening post and the point of the thread then; and look at the others who have been interviewed. The "first stage" is "newer", "lower level" managers, not those that are already competing and promoting in Pro or above.

I'm sure some of those selected so far (all been nominated by at least three other managers) may not reach the higher ranks, but the point is people that might have potential and Luke can't see in to the future.
Marcos Rodrigues
(Grupa Rookie - 182)

Teme: 1047
  Država:
Brazil 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #115 objavljeno 29 Svi 2014, 21:25:45 (zadnji uredio29 Svi 2014, 21:28:00 od Marcos Rodrigues) Citat 

I

Felipe,

I agree with you when you said that GPRO really starts in Pro, because since the manager reached Pro, s/he leads with all the game variables. However, i don't think Luke has to limit the interviwers. It's his own initiative.
Luca Bertani
(Grupa Amateur - 48)

Teme: 3580
  Država:
Italija 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #116 objavljeno 29 Svi 2014, 21:29:37 Citat 
in Pro you know how to manage the whole package , but the first term of comparison between good managers and bad managers is the Amateur class

you start learning how to manage well sponsors , money and drivers at a higher level and that's what Claudio is doing .. now he has a good budget to work with and he's (imo) quite good in money management , while somebody else is not

this is also called potential , he has good money management abilities that will make him having no problems in the future and he's doing all of this by himself , which is the first thing that in spite of being a criticizing term of comparison should be the first thing to appreciate

in my opinion is better managing a good budget for 6-7 seasons in Ama to work with in Pro , than winning the group spending 100M and then relegating the season after ; everyone is able in doing this , and that's not called potential ;)
Shoaib Mohamed
(Grupa Master - 4)

Teme: 9817
  Država:
Indija 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (4)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)
Stari post #117 objavljeno 29 Svi 2014, 21:33:05 (zadnji uredio29 Svi 2014, 21:33:26 od Shoaib Mohamed) Citat 
Witch hunting is bad. I dont understand why the collective hate of Claudio over this interview just because he said something controversial but completely irrelevant to this interview.

Keep up the good work Luke, thoroughly enjoyed each one of the interviews so far. One tip, could we have links to all the interviews in the OP? Not just for this thread but some of the other multi interview threads too.
Lucas Lôbo
(Grupa Master - 4)

Teme: 2389
  Država:
Brazil 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #118 objavljeno 29 Svi 2014, 21:39:06 Citat 
Well, I've been reading this silently for some time. But I think that Luke choose from the indications he receive, then he makes the interview. If it's a manager that people don't like, it will be somehow rejected in thumbs down (OR not up). That fellow that was last interviewed is disliked by a part of brazilian community for obvious reasons, and this is a known fact to most of people that read the foruns.
So even knowing this, he choosed Claudio, he should not be surprised by what happened, since people from brazilian cummunity that read this would obviously reject the choise, for the reason of not liking him, for thinking that he is:
Quote ( Luke Frost @ May 6th 2014,06:30:27 )

enough to be labelled future Elite champions

Kevin Parkinson
(Grupa Pro - 22)

GPRO Ekipa
  Država:
Škotska 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #119 objavljeno 29 Svi 2014, 21:41:36 Citat 
Or, in other words...
Quote ( Kevin Parkinson @ May 29th 2014,17:29:23 )

I can only assume that the mass of down thumbs are simply due to a personal dislike of Claudio (he certainly has the kind of personality that can rub people the wrong way) and not due to the interview content, which I found very interesting.

Just my opinion, but using the thumbs down just because you don't like someone is sad and childish, but people are free to use them as they wish, and look sad and childish if they so desire :)
Lucas Lôbo
(Grupa Master - 4)

Teme: 2389
  Država:
Brazil 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #120 objavljeno 29 Svi 2014, 21:46:54 Citat 
Quote ( Kevin Parkinson @ May 29th 2014,21:41:36 )

but using the thumbs down just because you don't like someone is sad and childish

Then maybe we should all give thumbs up, cause that's more likely an adult behavior lol

-----

Maybe someday he uses that money to climb up to higher levels, and prove something to some people. :)

Stranica « 1 2 3 [45 6 7 8 » Brzo idi na stranicu:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > News & interviews forum > Journey to Elite - Interview Project Temu stavi na listu ignoriranja Temu stavi na listu praćenja

Odgovori na tu temu