Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > General forum > Double Accounts & Fake Names Temu stavi na listu ignoriranja Temu stavi na listu praćenja
Stranica « 1 2 [34 ... 85 86 87 » Brzo idi na stranicu:
Začetnik Tema: Double Accounts & Fake Names 2593 odgovora
Michael Winkley
(Grupa Amateur - 61)

Teme: 33335
  Država:
Wales 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)
Stari post #60 objavljeno 7 Stu 2015, 23:43:57 Citat 
Whilst you are correct, Mikko, it is easier to turn a blind eye if they are not your friends as you'd be less likely to be called out on it like the other game was.
Kirsty Ridley
(Grupa Amateur - 20)

Teme: 7849
  Država:
Engleska 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #61 objavljeno 7 Stu 2015, 23:45:23 Citat 
Quote ( Florencia Caro @ November 7th 2015,23:16:21 )

Can we rename the topic to "Interview to Flow: we finally get to know what the hell she does in the site"? :P

Blurgh, I think I am the only one who said its a good idea as long as they can rejoin, and it doesn't make the site look bad on retention! Go tell it to Andrew ....:P Customary smiley.

If they are blocked from rejoining, at the moment, then its making no real diff if they are removed before or after they hit rookie, is it? But once that's made easier, I do think it would help retention if they use a fake name just to look then want to join.
Kirsty Ridley
(Grupa Amateur - 20)

Država:
Engleska 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #62 objavljeno 7 Stu 2015, 23:47:36 (zadnji uredio7 Stu 2015, 23:48:59 od Kirsty Ridley) Citat 
Quote ( Lukas Kvietkauskas @ November 7th 2015,23:34:26 )

Second thing, I might not be popular (while saying a populist thing haha) but am I the only one, who thinks that those fake accounts, as long as they increase the number of supporters (in other words the funds of the gpro) actually do good for the admins? I'm not fully into this supporter thing after all, but I smell some reluctancy to fight double/fake accounts because of the financial benefits for the owners of this website.

I would doubt few, if any become supporters, but I do think its good for the game if they get to look and then choose to use real name. A lot of people are not happy using a real name on the internet, so I can imagine a percentage of those that do are not trying to cheat, so they need a chance to say oh, ok, it looks cool, so I may actually join for real.

Quote ( Florencia Caro @ November 7th 2015,23:16:21 )

In the last months I have detected many of these cases and dealt with them outside the DA system myself to avoid new managers get a bad impression when they do not know how the site works yet, and have higher chances that they stay in the site and play the game.

Yes, but hugely time consuming, I imagine, so a newer system will def be better.

Sorry for double post, bad habit.
Michael Winkley
(Grupa Amateur - 61)

Teme: 33335
  Država:
Wales 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #63 objavljeno 7 Stu 2015, 23:52:52 Citat 
Newer doesn't mean better. All manner of things get meddled with only to find that what was already there actually worked better.
Florencia Caro
(Grupa Master - 1)

GPRO Ekipa
Teme: 17147
  Država:
Argentina 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #64 objavljeno 7 Stu 2015, 23:55:33 (zadnji uredio8 Stu 2015, 00:06:02 od Florencia Caro) Citat 
Quote ( Mikko Heikkinen @ November 7th 2015,23:32:54 )

equally I'm sure that you can see that the "straight through system" also brings in more accounts (which are not necessarily more users)

Of course, but as long as those "more accounts" do not become a problem later, then we can live with those I think ;)

has any of the accounts mentioned here been contacted or sorted in any other way ?
or has rule 8.4 been abolished

Not abolished at all and not negotiable!

I do not want to get into much detail on this, Mikko. I can say I did report accounts when I found the case was beyond simple double registration by mistake/not knowing the site dynamics.

Hugo's case, which is very noticeable and one of the examples Andrew pointed, is being sorted and already lead to account closures.

Let me show you one closed account as example:
/gb/ManagerProfile.asp?IDM=761094
Closed/retired upon last season reset script. Still some others pendant, and it's clear he fails to understand site's DA policy. But imagine it's not easy job to make this guy, a fresh manager, Portuguese speaker, understand how the site works.

It's hard to deal with this cases with current resources, and I usually try to provide support without demanding Shadow's time for cases like this. Since new system is in place, these are now considered a support case, not cheating DA's, and this is one of the main reasons the system is being changed in the first place.

personally I've always thought that the immediate closure of the accounts is a bit harsh. Might be better to have a "standard pm" encouraging to use a proper name.

That is PRECISELY the spirit of the changes :). But convince Andrew that it's preferable to have a few fake names than releasing Shadow on them :D

Quote ( Kirsty Ridley @ November 7th 2015,23:47:36 )

Yes, but hugely time consuming, I imagine, so a newer system will def be better

Older players value "no pay to win features", "real name" and "no DAs" policies the site has which are not compatible with current trends in gaming, but are a big part of the "contract". If we want to keep the old ones and bring some new ones, we need to make a bigger effort, and that includes investing more time in support so the fresher players find the appeal in the game. And we need to give them time to adapt.

New system helps making the support easier and faster, but it will consume my and Shadow's time anyway.

Quote ( Lukas Kvietkauskas @ November 7th 2015,23:34:26 )

Second thing, I might not be popular (while saying a populist thing haha) but am I the only one, who thinks that those fake accounts, as long as they increase the number of supporters (in other words the funds of the gpro) actually do good for the admins? I'm not fully into this supporter thing after all, but I smell some reluctancy to fight double/fake accounts because of the financial benefits for the owners of this website.

What I replied to Mikko and Kirsty should cover this point, Lukas :)
Andrew Galica
(Grupa Pro - 14)

Teme: 665
  Država:
Engleska 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #65 objavljeno 8 Stu 2015, 00:05:15 Citat 
Quote ( Florencia Caro @ November 7th 2015,23:55:33 )

Hugo's case, which is very noticeable and one of the examples Andrew pointed, is being sorted and already lead to account closures.

Let me show you one closed account as example:
/gb/ManagerProfile.asp?IDM=761094
Closed/retired upon last season reset script. Still some others pendant, and it's clear he fails to understand site's DA policy. But imagine it's not easy job to make this guy, a fresh manager, Portuguese speaker, understand how the site works.

As we speak two more accounts have been "retired" but three still remain!
/gb/ManagerProfile.asp?IDM=762580
/gb/ManagerProfile.asp?IDM=763359
/gb/ManagerProfile.asp?IDM=761759

Would these accounts been retired without this forum post ?

Phil Maunder
(Grupa Pro - 7)

Teme: 10003
  Država:
Engleska 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (1)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)
Stari post #66 objavljeno 8 Stu 2015, 00:09:11 Citat 
Quote ( Michael Winkley @ November 7th 2015,23:52:52 )

Newer doesn't mean better. All manner of things get meddled with only to find that what was already there actually worked better.

in business, many problems are solved that never existed in the first place
Florencia Caro
(Grupa Master - 1)

GPRO Ekipa
  Država:
Argentina 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #67 objavljeno 8 Stu 2015, 00:09:44 (zadnji uredio8 Stu 2015, 00:10:45 od Florencia Caro) Citat 
Quote ( Andrew Galica @ November 8th 2015,00:05:15 )

Would these accounts been retired without this forum post ?

All accounts from that manager are getting treatment Andrew, yes. In this particular case I have PMed the manager myself earlier today as a standard DA warning sent by Shadow did not have the expected result, so I decided to invest my time in it encouraging some dialogue. The Shadow warning is a standardized PM that does not always work, as you can see.

And this is not the first nor the last time I have intervened in cases similar to this. Some new managers simply need more Crew support and I'm willing to provide it to keep as many managers active as possible.
Andrew Galica
(Grupa Pro - 14)

Država:
Engleska 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #68 objavljeno 8 Stu 2015, 00:28:02 Citat 
Okay Flo thanks , however I have just "spotted" something else which has distracted me from this this particular topic, for now.

Please bear with me as this will probable necessitate a new thread.
Kirsty Ridley
(Grupa Amateur - 20)

Država:
Engleska 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #69 objavljeno 8 Stu 2015, 00:28:44 Citat 
Quote ( Andrew Galica @ November 8th 2015,00:28:02 )

Please bear with me as this will probable necessitate a new thread.

The anticipation builds :P
Florencia Caro
(Grupa Master - 1)

GPRO Ekipa
  Država:
Argentina 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #70 objavljeno 8 Stu 2015, 00:30:22 Citat 
A few people in here owe me a beer after this, start thinking how you are gonna do to send it to Argentina!
Kirsty Ridley
(Grupa Amateur - 20)

Država:
Engleska 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #71 objavljeno 8 Stu 2015, 00:31:10 Citat 
Pm your address and I will send you a beer :P
Andrew Galica
(Grupa Pro - 14)

Država:
Engleska 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #72 objavljeno 8 Stu 2015, 00:32:07 Citat 

Quote ( Florencia Caro @ November 8th 2015,00:30:22 )

A few people in here owe me a beer after this,

Sorry for what , missing the bleeding obvious:)

please I am doing busy work and do not need any distractions :)
Florencia Caro
(Grupa Master - 1)

GPRO Ekipa
  Država:
Argentina 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #73 objavljeno 8 Stu 2015, 00:35:34 Citat 
I want a 6 pack of Somersby delivered to my door, thanks :D
Mike Brummert
(Grupa Pro - 4)

Teme: 5012
  Država:
S.A.D. 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (3)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)
Stari post #74 objavljeno 8 Stu 2015, 00:42:19 Citat 
Quote ( Melinda Flappytits @ November 7th 2015,22:31:08 )

Quote ( Finn Shaw-McIver @ November 7th 2015,22:23:02 )

please change my name to Melinda Flappytits
Thank you.

First titty Finns ever got. Congrats, buddy!
Andrew Galica
(Grupa Pro - 14)

Država:
Engleska 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (1)
Stari post #75 objavljeno 8 Stu 2015, 00:49:08 Citat 
Flo , seriously do you think that you have successfully answered any of the questions that have been raised in this thread?

someone famous once said...

You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.

Abraham Lincoln

Flo, do you really think that I would lead with my strongest hand?
Florencia Caro
(Grupa Master - 1)

GPRO Ekipa
  Država:
Argentina 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #76 objavljeno 8 Stu 2015, 00:50:53 Citat 
This is not a Mafia game :)
Andrew Galica
(Grupa Pro - 14)

Država:
Engleska 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #77 objavljeno 8 Stu 2015, 00:52:37 Citat 
I would not know how to play "Mafia Game" :)
Mike Brummert
(Grupa Pro - 4)

Teme: 5012
  Država:
S.A.D. 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #78 objavljeno 8 Stu 2015, 00:53:16 (zadnji uredio8 Stu 2015, 00:53:28 od Mike Brummert) Citat 
Look at all those smileys.

There's romance in the air.
Florencia Caro
(Grupa Master - 1)

GPRO Ekipa
  Država:
Argentina 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #79 objavljeno 8 Stu 2015, 00:54:19 Citat 
I'd say that I've sufficed Andrew's attention needs for the day and I do deserve the beer and cider I asked for!

On strike until I get those delivered to my door!
Andrew Galica
(Grupa Pro - 14)

Država:
Engleska 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #80 objavljeno 8 Stu 2015, 01:04:05 Citat 
Flo, please stop trying to distract me from my busy work :)
Mikko Heikkinen
(Grupa Master - 4)

Teme: 12503
  Država:
Finska 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #81 objavljeno 8 Stu 2015, 01:05:23 (zadnji uredio8 Stu 2015, 01:08:50 od Mikko Heikkinen) Citat 

Older players value "no pay to win features", "real name" and "no DAs" policies the site has which are not compatible with current trends in gaming,

The end of that sentence isn't necessarily so true. There are plenty of sites which don't have "pay to win features" and do not allow DA's.
Though many/most don't require real names.

But convince Andrew that it's preferable to have a few fake names than releasing Shadow on them :D

Well I wouldn't do that. I would not advocate allowing fake names, but "artist names", why not.

You know.. there was a racing driver (raced in F1 too) who used an "artist name" during his whole career. J-J Lehto (real full name Jyrki Järvilehto)

If we want to keep the old ones and bring some new ones, we need to make a bigger effort, and that includes investing more time in support so the fresher players find the appeal in the game

Support is indeed a good view.
But ofc. it requires effort, can't just sit back and wait for the user-base to grow and revenue flow in :)

It's hard to deal with this cases with current resources,

Well.. might it not be prudent then to look for more resources ?

I'm confident that in a community of thousands (if not tens of thousands) there could be found a few people to help out. Why overtax the strength and resources of ~2 active person.

It's not such a long time ago when there was a bit more people involved.
Kirsty Ridley
(Grupa Amateur - 20)

Država:
Engleska 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #82 objavljeno 8 Stu 2015, 01:10:35 Citat 
Quote ( Mikko Heikkinen @ November 8th 2015,01:05:23 )

I'm confident that in a community of thousands (if not tens of thousands) there could be found a few people to help out. Why overtax the strength and resources of ~2 active person.

It's not such a long time ago when there was a bit more people involved.

This!
Especially with basic stuff like seeing if names appear real, sending a standard PM if there is a question.
Florencia Caro
(Grupa Master - 1)

GPRO Ekipa
  Država:
Argentina 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #83 objavljeno 8 Stu 2015, 01:12:55 (zadnji uredio8 Stu 2015, 01:17:01 od Florencia Caro) Citat 
Quote ( Mikko Heikkinen @ November 8th 2015,01:05:23 )

Well.. might it not be prudent then to look for more resources ?

Sure it is prudent :). In fact I have delegated profile pics to Freddie, and Mentor forum hosting too (along with other co hosts there, DD & Alan, Erik now retired). I'd be very happy to get some new minions too :D. Biggest problem now is lack of communication features and finishing the coding of the system to put everything together. And that requires the most expensive resource of the site... if you know what I mean :D

Of course if you are willing to volunteer to help, I won't stop you, my office is open :D

Quote ( Kirsty Ridley @ November 8th 2015,01:10:35 )

Especially with basic stuff like seeing if names appear real

I already do that and fix the ones that can be fixed with no manager intervention, Curly.

Quote ( Kirsty Ridley @ November 8th 2015,01:10:35 )

sending a standard PM if there is a question.

This should get sorted with the system, as current fake name Shadowmail is not appropriate.
Mikko Heikkinen
(Grupa Master - 4)

Država:
Finska 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #84 objavljeno 8 Stu 2015, 01:14:54 Citat 
Quote ( Florencia Caro @ November 8th 2015,01:12:55 )

And that requires the most expensive resource of the site... if you know what I mean :D

I'm sure I do :)
Kirsty Ridley
(Grupa Amateur - 20)

Država:
Engleska 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #85 objavljeno 8 Stu 2015, 01:16:14 (zadnji uredio8 Stu 2015, 01:19:16 od Kirsty Ridley) Citat 

Biggest problem now is lack of communication features and finishing the coding of the system to put everything together. And that requires the most expensive resource of the site
But it seems to be the small stuff that takes the time up.

And as for the office being open, maybe better to open a thread asking for volunteers for the things you need done, on a regular basis. Could change or add to it when needed, even is for a one off thing. May find asking people to translate a single notification, help with simple stuff, will bring more offers than you expect :)

I already do that and fix the Curly.

Yeah, thats the point, anyone could flag up odd sounding names and send a PM, instead of it taking time up if other things need to be done, as you are always so busy :P <<<Only half sarcastic, I know you often are.

Even when a chat mod, or forum mod is needed, it could be put out for people to offer, and let the present staff decide from those who are offering, instead of it all being behind the scenes, I think people would like to help, just no one knows what exactly would help.
Andrew Galica
(Grupa Pro - 14)

Država:
Engleska 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #86 objavljeno 8 Stu 2015, 01:17:44 Citat 

Of course if you are willing to volunteer to help, I won't stop you, my office is open :D

Okay Flo, I am happy to post all the Fake names I find every day on the forum, and all I ask is that I am compensated for my time with supporters credits.
Mikko Heikkinen
(Grupa Master - 4)

Država:
Finska 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #87 objavljeno 8 Stu 2015, 01:20:04 Citat 
Quote ( Andrew Galica @ November 8th 2015,01:17:44 )

I am happy to post all the Fake names I find every day on the forum, and all I ask is that I am compensated for my time with supporters credits.

You'll get compensated by not getting banned for using a fake name :P :D :)
Kirsty Ridley
(Grupa Amateur - 20)

Država:
Engleska 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #88 objavljeno 8 Stu 2015, 01:20:36 Citat 
Quote ( Andrew Galica @ November 8th 2015,01:17:44 )

Okay Flo, I am happy to post all the Fake names I find every day on the forum, and all I ask is that I am compensated for my time with supporters credits.

lol, I think the forum could manage without the list for now :P
Shane Ferguson
(Grupa Amateur - 124)

Teme: 1404
  Država:
S.A.D. 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (1)
Stari post #89 objavljeno 8 Stu 2015, 01:35:39 (zadnji uredio8 Stu 2015, 01:38:32 od Shane Ferguson) Citat 
Can I get a list of rules we are allowed to break?

I know this is one

8.4 Multiple accounts
There may be only one account per player, and one player per computer. Multiple accounts are not allowed! If we notice at any time that a person has more than one account, or more than one account is being used on the same computer (except in the case described in 8.3) then we reserve our right to close one or both accounts without prior warning.

How many others?
Stranica « 1 2 [34 ... 85 86 87 » Brzo idi na stranicu:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > General forum > Double Accounts & Fake Names Temu stavi na listu ignoriranja Temu stavi na listu praćenja

Odgovori na tu temu