Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Suggestions forum > Different tyres compounds for stints and fuel levels on dry and wet Temu stavi na listu ignoriranja Temu stavi na listu praćenja
Stranica [1
Začetnik Tema: Different tyres compounds for stints and fuel levels on dry and wet 24 odgovora
Alexei Malkin
(Grupa Amateur - 72)

Teme: 2615
  Država:
Ruska Federacija 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (18)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (10)
Stari post #1 objavljeno 1 Kol 2016, 22:33:49 (zadnji uredio1 Kol 2016, 22:41:14 od Alexei Malkin) Citat 
I will not write a lot, the main sense is in the topic already.
Maybe there were some ideas already but just look at this picture, this is my vision on example how it should be.
http://prnt.sc/c0de2l
I believe that this addition should be one of the greatest. Yes, scripters will have a huge work to realise that but the game will be much more interesting and unpredictable. This is the thing which a lot of managers are waiting for.
A lot of different strategies will increase an interest to the game from Rookies to Elite. And we will rid of ridiculous situations when we set dry tires in the rain, or wet tyres in dry conditions in the pits.
Of course, it is possible to add different CT risks for every stint but this is another thing to discuss.

PS. I forgot about start tyres choice on the picture. It should be a choice between qualify dry compound and wet tyres
Ivan Silva
(Grupa Amateur - 85)

Teme: 5067
  Država:
Portugal 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)
Stari post #2 objavljeno 1 Kol 2016, 22:41:41 (zadnji uredio1 Kol 2016, 22:44:06 od Ivan Silva) Citat 
I remember seeing the tyre part being suggested somewhere in the forums some time ago. However I think this is a more complete suggestion and i would aprove this change 100% (the one in the printscreen)

Still, I think CT should stay as it is right now without the possibility of changing it mid-race

Edit: It probably wouldnt be so easy to code the fuel when you put 0 though
Miko Punto
(Grupa Amateur - 42)

Teme: 73
  Država:
Finska 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #3 objavljeno 1 Kol 2016, 22:44:18 Citat 
Yes please!
Alexei Malkin
(Grupa Amateur - 72)

Država:
Ruska Federacija 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #4 objavljeno 1 Kol 2016, 22:47:18 (zadnji uredio1 Kol 2016, 22:48:08 od Alexei Malkin) Citat 
Quote ( Ivan Silva @ August 1st 2016,22:41:41 )

Edit: It probably wouldnt be so easy to code the fuel when you put 0 though

no, it is easy, just get the value from previous textbox for the same conditions (dry to dry, wet to wet). Almost the same like now.
Ahmet Ozturk
(Grupa Amateur - 82)

Teme: 87
  Država:
Turska 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #5 objavljeno 1 Kol 2016, 22:53:09 Citat 
What about CT? Because with same CT for all stints, you can not use all the dry compounds anyway.
Onur Guardian
(Grupa Rookie - 34)

Teme: 2780
  Država:
Turska 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (1)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)
Stari post #6 objavljeno 1 Kol 2016, 22:54:32 Citat 
this is awesome idea Alexei, love the realism hope Devs work for it sooner
Alexei Malkin
(Grupa Amateur - 72)

Država:
Ruska Federacija 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #7 objavljeno 1 Kol 2016, 22:55:26 Citat 
Quote ( Ahmet Ozturk @ August 1st 2016,22:53:09 )

What about CT? Because with same CT for all stints, you can not use all the dry compounds anyway.

you don't need to use all of them. You can set whatever compound you want. For example, it maybe a 1 pit strategy Hard + Hard or Soft + Medium, etc
Rimantas Sagatas4
(Grupa Elite)

Teme: 3709
  Država:
Litva 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (4)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (2)
Stari post #8 objavljeno 1 Kol 2016, 22:56:15 (zadnji uredio1 Kol 2016, 22:57:40 od Rimantas Sagatas) Citat 
I don't like this suggestion. In most cases everyone would simply put similar amount of fuel for wet that would be enough to cover amount of laps rain tyre lasts.

As for picking different compounds, quite straight forward as well. Softer compound for qualifying, Hard compound after that.

IMO this would actually lower the variety of strategies that we have now in changing conditions.
Mark Wright
(Grupa Pro - 19)

Teme: 8829
  Država:
Škotska 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (1)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (3)
Stari post #9 objavljeno 1 Kol 2016, 22:56:48 Citat 
Might as well just put in the forecast what lap the rain will end on like some other games.

No thanks.
Alexei Malkin
(Grupa Amateur - 72)

Država:
Ruska Federacija 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (3)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)
Stari post #10 objavljeno 1 Kol 2016, 23:00:10 (zadnji uredio1 Kol 2016, 23:01:59 od Alexei Malkin) Citat 
Quote ( Rimantas Sagatas @ August 1st 2016,22:56:15 )

I don't like this suggestion. In most cases everyone would simply put similar amount of fuel for wet that would be enough to cover amount of laps rain tyre lasts.

IMO this would actually lower the variety of strategies that we have now in changing conditions.

yes, there are different eyes on this situation. But in my opinion we have much worster situation. Drivers going to the pits but there can be not a right setup. Maybe you will be fuelled for dry stint but there is a rain. Or you get wet tyres on dry. The situation like pit crew have no eyes or brain. I think that this is a lottery, almost the same like random system.
Mark Wright
(Grupa Pro - 19)

Država:
Škotska 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (1)
Stari post #11 objavljeno 1 Kol 2016, 23:01:55 Citat 
You'll only get wet tyres on dry if you put it into your race setup to do so!
Alexei Malkin
(Grupa Amateur - 72)

Država:
Ruska Federacija 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #12 objavljeno 1 Kol 2016, 23:05:07 Citat 
Quote ( Mark Wright @ August 1st 2016,23:01:55 )

You'll only get wet tyres on dry if you put it into your race setup to do so!

Yes. But what if I want to do it in the start of the race but don't want at the end?
If we're talking about the real races... Situations is so like I'm going on dry, it is starting to rain. I'm going to pits because of that but I don't know that it is rainy. It is crazy :)
Rimantas Sagatas4
(Grupa Elite)

Država:
Litva 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (4)
Stari post #13 objavljeno 1 Kol 2016, 23:05:16 (zadnji uredio1 Kol 2016, 23:05:37 od Rimantas Sagatas) Citat 
Quote ( Alexei Malkin @ August 1st 2016,23:00:10 )

yes, there are different eyes on this situation. But in my opinion we have much worster situation. Drivers going to the pits but there can be not a right setup. Maybe you will be fuelled for dry stint but there is a rain. Or you get wet tyres on dry. The situation like pit crew have no eyes or brain. I think that this is a lottery, almost the same like random system.

Well this is your mistake (or strategy!!) if you have dry tyres in rain, so you have to pay for that yourself.

As for fuel load the most fun and hardest part is exactly trying to have the most optimal fuel for possibly both conditions.
Alexei Malkin
(Grupa Amateur - 72)

Država:
Ruska Federacija 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (7)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)
Stari post #14 objavljeno 1 Kol 2016, 23:07:32 Citat 
Quote ( Rimantas Sagatas @ August 1st 2016,23:05:16 )

Well this is your mistake (or strategy!!) if you have dry tyres in rain, so you have to pay for that yourself.

As for fuel load the most fun and hardest part is exactly trying to have the most optimal fuel for possibly both conditions.

Yes, my mistake. But this is a racing manager game, not a weather forecast contest.
Mark Wright
(Grupa Pro - 19)

Država:
Škotska 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #15 objavljeno 1 Kol 2016, 23:07:47 Citat 
Quote ( Alexei Malkin @ August 1st 2016,23:05:07 )

Yes. But what if I want to do it in the start of the race but don't want at the end?

You set your start tyres to the ones you want and set to stay out if it rains at the end. It won't always work if you have multiple weather changes but we all have to deal with the same situation.
Alexei Malkin
(Grupa Amateur - 72)

Država:
Ruska Federacija 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #16 objavljeno 1 Kol 2016, 23:16:30 Citat 
Quote ( Rimantas Sagatas @ August 1st 2016,22:56:15 )

As for picking different compounds, quite straight forward as well. Softer compound for qualifying, Hard compound after that.

so maybe I should to divide into two parts.
1) different compounds
2) mixed conditions

Rather yes, perhaps 2) is not so obvious. But according to 1), I'm convinced that this will be a step forward for gpro.
Aku Korhonen
(Grupa Rookie - 21)

Teme: 3
  Država:
Finska 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #17 objavljeno 1 Kol 2016, 23:17:54 Citat 
Quote ( Rimantas Sagatas @ August 1st 2016,23:05:16 )

Quote ( Alexei Malkin @ August 1st 2016,23:00:10 )

In many cases you can know your race position very well before the race has even started. This upgrade will bring us more exciting races and more opportunities and more strategies. Right?
Rimantas Sagatas4
(Grupa Elite)

Država:
Litva 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (1)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (3)
Stari post #18 objavljeno 1 Kol 2016, 23:18:06 Citat 
Quote ( Alexei Malkin @ August 1st 2016,23:07:32 )

But this is a racing manager game, not a weather forecast contest.

Having to pick tyre supplier before the season is a much bigger problem or "weather forecast contest" than 1-2 changing weather races we get over the season.
Ignacio Belatti
(Grupa Amateur - 35)

Teme: 558
  Država:
Argentina 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (3)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)
Stari post #19 objavljeno 1 Kol 2016, 23:53:40 Citat 
Alexei´s proposal is to turn strategies similar to what they are right now in F1 (but with the fuel load added) and I dont see it as a bad idea.

Probably it would be better if you could only choose 2 compounds with 1 next to the other in hardness: that is XS&S or S&M or M&H

That way you prevent everyone qualifying with XS. Also, if tyre degradation is bigger from compound to compound the XS&S choice stops being the obvious one.
Jody Parker
(Grupa Amateur - 3)

Teme: 767
  Država:
Engleska 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #20 objavljeno 2 Kol 2016, 00:09:00 Citat 
Also having to start the race with the Compound used in Q1 and Q2 would prevent everyone from doing Q on softer compounds than they want to race with.
It will still not stop smokers from using XS tyres to get as good a Q time as possible, but nothing stops that.
Alexei Malkin
(Grupa Amateur - 72)

Država:
Ruska Federacija 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #21 objavljeno 2 Kol 2016, 00:11:25 Citat 
Not always ES. Don't forget that you will start at qualify compound. For current weather it's better to use Hard. It is just for me.
For example, Elite. Bridges can pass this race using Hard + Hard. Hanckoks can't do it. Why we can't let them use soft + soft + hard? Give them little bigger chances for good result.
Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo
(Grupa Pro - 24)

Teme: 2726
  Država:
Meksiko 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (1)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (2)
Stari post #22 objavljeno 2 Kol 2016, 05:58:32 Citat 
Absolutely NO to both counts.

having different fuel loads will not generate more strategies it will make less since you reduce the guessing (and believe me it's possible to make an educated guess in most conditions). It will make it too easy, if it rains load a lot, if dry load what you need.

Currently a mixed weather race can be exiting just due to the prediction and fuel loads used by each manager.

Using multiple compounds would also make it too easy, as mentioned above, everybody would qually in XS and then go to hard (even if you start with that compound).

With all the calculators you currently have very precise and few possible strategies (especially in lower leagues with less choices of tyre suppliers.

Alexei Malkin
(Grupa Amateur - 72)

Država:
Ruska Federacija 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (2)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (1)
Stari post #23 objavljeno 2 Kol 2016, 07:07:24 Citat 
Qualify on XS, after to Hard? Ok, I'll choose another strategy and you will be beaten almost always. Today for example.
Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo
(Grupa Pro - 24)

Teme: 2726
  Država:
Meksiko 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (2)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (2)
Stari post #24 objavljeno 2 Kol 2016, 09:10:11 Citat 
Quote ( Alexei Malkin @ August 2nd 2016,07:07:24 )

Qualify on XS, after to Hard? Ok, I'll choose another strategy and you will be beaten almost always. Today for example.

To be honest it's just a simple example and not based on this weather, and sincerely you don't have to be rude and take it personal if you don't like my opinion.

But again keep your blinders on, don't accept feedback and other persons opinions.

simply No from me, makes the game much easier and boring.
Alexei Malkin
(Grupa Amateur - 72)

Država:
Ruska Federacija 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #25 objavljeno 2 Kol 2016, 11:49:09 Citat 
It was a simple example, my English isn't good enough to write it using another words, nothing personal. Just wrote that this tactic will not be good in a lot of races, but we can see a lot of different strategies. That's all I want to tell.
Stranica [1
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Suggestions forum > Different tyres compounds for stints and fuel levels on dry and wet Temu stavi na listu ignoriranja Temu stavi na listu praćenja

Odgovori na tu temu