Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > General forum > Congrats GPRO you got it right Temu stavi na listu ignoriranja Temu stavi na listu praćenja
Stranica [12 » Brzo idi na stranicu:
Začetnik Tema: Congrats GPRO you got it right 32 odgovora
Mason Somoza
(Grupa Pro - 23)

Teme: 450
  Država:
S.A.D. 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (39)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (8)
Stari post #1 objavljeno 30 Pro 2017, 05:02:00 (zadnji uredio30 Pro 2017, 05:05:32 od Mason Somoza) Citat 
Was glad to see that this last race was not as predictable as past races with similar weather patterns and threw a Teo’s into the equation.

In the end, if you don’t plan for a dry stint, even if rain’s likely for the entire race, it’s your fault for not planning for all the contingencies. Quit whining and throwing a hissy because your mom didn’t give you enough attention.

This is a racing management game. In the end, you need to try and plan for the unexpected as best you can. If you can’t, then bugger off, quit complaining and make it easier to get to elite.

Look, it was so cold that if you didn’t have XS tires for the dry stint you shouldn’t be playing GPRO, sorry, but that’s true.

In the same breath, I can see how those with Avon ‘s got the shaft this race, as hey could have probably run the whole thing without stopping with the rain... Bit that’s it, sometimes shit happens people, get over it.

To Vlad, right on man. Keep it sketchy.

Edit - I smoked 21 laps this last race and still managed to finish top 10... just saying... food for thought.
Mark McTaggart
(Grupa Master - 1)

Teme: 531
  Država:
Novi Zeland 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (8)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)
Stari post #2 objavljeno 30 Pro 2017, 05:10:56 Citat 
Totally agree, keep it real people

this race made things interesting to watch, not the predictable racing we have seen where you have a fair idea barring randoms where your going to end up, this one nothing was certain till the end, made for a great watch, bring on more like it
Andrew Wilden
(Grupa Pro - 10)

Teme: 1502
  Država:
Australija 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (5)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)
Stari post #3 objavljeno 30 Pro 2017, 06:38:59 Citat 
Mason you are spot on about Avonns as a zero stop was my plan just for the fun of it.
So to be heavy on fuel the entire race really stuffed my strategy.
But as you say shit happens.
I can't believe how many have threatened to rage quit over one race FFS.
Am I annoyed.....of course
Do I spit the dummy and quit GPRO because of it ?......of course not LOL
Ken Neihart
(Grupa Amateur - 101)

Teme: 1629
  Država:
S.A.D. 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (3)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (6)
Stari post #4 objavljeno 30 Pro 2017, 07:19:22 Citat 
Sitting here wondering why Victorious feels the need to open a new thread to boost on an already talked about subject in the 'The GPRO weather thread'

Seriously, get a life.

Disclaimer........Never mind.
Lyee Chong
(Grupa Pro - 25)

GPRO Ekipa
Teme: 1307
  Država:
Malezija 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (2)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)
Stari post #5 objavljeno 30 Pro 2017, 07:43:45 (zadnji uredio30 Pro 2017, 07:49:47 od Lyee Chong) Citat 
Quote ( Ken Neihart @ December 30th 2017,07:19:22 )

open a new thread
their original plan was 2 threads :)

out of tissue sorry
Andrew Wilden
(Grupa Pro - 10)

Teme: 1502
  Država:
Australija 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)
Stari post #6 objavljeno 30 Pro 2017, 07:49:41 Citat 
Quote ( Ken Neihart @ December 30th 2017,07:19:22 )

Seriously, get a life.

The sarcasm is strong in this one.
Use the force Luke
Andrew Watson
(Grupa Pro - 13)

Teme: 2946
  Država:
Engleska 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (1)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)
Stari post #7 objavljeno 30 Pro 2017, 08:05:23 Citat 
Trolling topic is trolling
Mason Somoza
(Grupa Pro - 23)

Država:
S.A.D. 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #8 objavljeno 30 Pro 2017, 17:52:43 Citat 
Quote ( Andrew Watson @ December 30th 2017,08:05:23 )

Trolling topic is trolling

Bingo!
Jaimely Angel
(Grupa Pro - 15)

Teme: 89
  Država:
Nizozemska 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #9 objavljeno 30 Pro 2017, 20:23:28 Citat 
I wanted a 0stop so was heavy and lost allot. And yes off course ES and won the race yessss. My first er win in pro.
And yes even wen it says 99% there is still 1% so always have a plan B.
Perry Christensen
(Grupa Amateur - 106)

Teme: 341
  Država:
Danska 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (3)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)
Stari post #10 objavljeno 31 Pro 2017, 03:02:28 (zadnji uredio31 Pro 2017, 03:21:32 od Perry Christensen) Citat 
Quote ( Mason Somoza @ December 30th 2017,05:02:00 )

Look, it was so cold that if you didn’t have XS tires for the dry stint you shouldn’t be playing GPRO, sorry, but that’s true.

??????
What are you trying to say? If ppl don't follow your strategy, they should stop?
I did fine on medium. just saying ^^
Patryk Szeffler
(Grupa Amateur - 88)

Teme: 257
  Država:
Poljska 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #11 objavljeno 31 Pro 2017, 05:20:58 Citat 
Post of the season!
Mason Somoza
(Grupa Pro - 23)

Država:
S.A.D. 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #12 objavljeno 31 Pro 2017, 06:12:19 (zadnji uredio31 Pro 2017, 06:13:44 od Mason Somoza) Citat 
Quote ( Perry Christensen @ December 31st 2017,03:02:28 )

??????
What are you trying to say? If ppl don't follow your strategy, they should stop?

You’re only competing against pipis, and no that wasn’t my point. Obviously over your head.
Ioannis Kalogirou
(Grupa Pro - 8)

Teme: 1008
  Država:
Grčka 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (6)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)
Stari post #13 objavljeno 31 Pro 2017, 07:26:07 Citat 
- A Mini Revolution for GPRO.!!!
...to do the Obvious.!!!

- Mathematics are very Clear.!!!
70% Forecast Rain = 3 of the 10 times NOT RAIN.!!!
...Always the forecast Up to 60% it was RAIN.!!! ...that is 100%.!!!
...so Simple.!!!

- First Time Happens to Work the RANDOM correct and everybody rioted.!!!

- I Hope to have more Revolutions to the Obvious things.-

- Good Day Mason.!!! ...and Happy New Year for you and Everybody on the World.!!!
Daniel Douglas
(Grupa Pro - 5)

Teme: 3806
  Država:
S.A.D. 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #14 objavljeno 31 Pro 2017, 10:51:00 Citat 

??????

I would wager that you are also running the highest risks in your group, by a decent margin at that (based off of publicly available data).

nuff said
Perry Christensen
(Grupa Amateur - 106)

Država:
Danska 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #15 objavljeno 31 Pro 2017, 10:57:55 Citat 
Quote ( Mason Somoza @ December 31st 2017,06:12:19 )

You’re only competing against pipis, and no that wasn’t my point. Obviously over your head.

Oh sorry m8. You're a veteran in the game(181 races) and all below pro don't know shit?
Get off that high horse. And please don't call me stupid.

Atli Thor Johannesson
(Grupa Pro - 11)

Teme: 2441
  Država:
Island 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #16 objavljeno 31 Pro 2017, 11:05:14 Citat 
Quote ( Daniel Douglas @ December 31st 2017,10:51:00 )

I would wager that you are also running the highest risks in your group, by a decent margin at that (based off of publicly available data).

I would wager against you there mate, in an instant.
Perry's unwillingness to use heavy risks, often annoys me.
Perry Christensen
(Grupa Amateur - 106)

Država:
Danska 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #17 objavljeno 31 Pro 2017, 11:17:45 Citat 
Quote ( Daniel Douglas @ December 31st 2017,10:51:00 )

??????

nuff said

Trolling should be an olympic sport :)
Daneks Britāls
(Grupa Pro - 22)

Teme: 14044
  Država:
Latvija 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (2)
Stari post #18 objavljeno 31 Pro 2017, 11:22:50 Citat 
Wow..... just wow
Martin Freeth
(Grupa Amateur - 68)

Teme: 965
  Država:
Engleska 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #19 objavljeno 31 Pro 2017, 13:56:15 Citat 
I was also doing a 0 stop race on pipis ( yes that was possible too) . still won the race on x soft :D
Point is everyone is in the same boat with the weather so no point getting pissed about it :)

Happy New Year everyone
Marc Page
(Grupa Pro - 23)

Teme: 491
  Država:
Kanada 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #20 objavljeno 31 Pro 2017, 13:57:33 (zadnji uredio31 Pro 2017, 13:58:18 od Marc Page) Citat 
Tea of coffee anyone?

Can people just post their opinion without be attacted or being called names?
Mason posted his opinion backed by good arguments.
Of course, I won the last race.. easy for me to say. Otherwise I'd be pretty pissed off at Gpro but still, I'd be posting in the other forum but not pointing fingers at someone in particular. I'm disapointed for some of my teamates thought but I'll still be playing the game next week.

Yes, I do feel bad for people who were waiting those conditions (weather vs. tyres, etc.) for an entire season but again, if you rely on one single race to retain/promote, maybe you need some extra work on your package.

Shit happends in RL and in the virtual world, live with it!

Oh yeah, Happy Holidays to everyone btw.
Jon Day
(Grupa Pro - 11)

Teme: 10019
  Država:
Engleska 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (5)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)
Stari post #21 objavljeno 31 Pro 2017, 17:54:43 (zadnji uredio31 Pro 2017, 17:55:11 od Jon Day) Citat 
Quote ( Martin Freeth @ December 31st 2017,13:56:15 )

Point is everyone was is in the same boat with the weather
Although as a lot of people found out to their cost....The boat was surplus to requirements after lap 12....Kaboom!!! I went there. :D
Daneks Britāls
(Grupa Pro - 22)

Država:
Latvija 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (4)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (2)
Stari post #22 objavljeno 31 Pro 2017, 18:59:48 Citat 
The awkward moment when you are getting 35 thumbs up for starting a duplicate thread instead of using existing one.

I understand that mods have holidays as we all but hope this nonsense (i mean op) will be closed after they return.

Yeah, Happy New Year!
Stuart Foster
(Grupa Master - 4)

Teme: 12459
  Država:
Engleska 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #23 objavljeno 31 Pro 2017, 19:07:53 (zadnji uredio31 Pro 2017, 19:11:22 od Stuart Foster) Citat 
Quote ( Martin Freeth @ December 31st 2017,13:56:15 )

Point is everyone is in the same boat with the weather so no point getting pissed about it :)

Thing is....this is very much true but the result of this weather caused a very different set of results. Take my race. I was on for pretty much finishing the race where I started (14th). Now, if you asked me before the race would I prefer it stayed raining the whole race I would of course have said fook yeah, cos obviously in my mind, and probably most others, I'd have reasonably expected a better result from my avon tyres with it raining all race. Somehow, this flipped on its head and I came second, basically down to my XS tyres being more durable than dunno's and I avoided a stop that the Dunno runners could only avoid on softs. Now...everyone would have just thrown in XS tyres as their dry choice for this race cos lets be honest it was just a throw away option. But regardless I kinda disagree a bit with the "same boat" thing as if we all had the same shit thing rolled out...the reality is while we were all presented the same scenario, the thing that decided the race was ultimately the fraction of a second moment where EVERYONE chose XS as their dry choice and then how durable were your tyres.

I mean....I actually feel kinda shit for coming second in my race basically because of this one and only reason. There's certainly none other.

Daneks Britāls
(Grupa Pro - 22)

Država:
Latvija 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (3)
Stari post #24 objavljeno 31 Pro 2017, 19:11:38 Citat 
Quote ( Stuart Foster @ December 31st 2017,19:07:53 )

I actually feel kinda shit for coming second in my race

I'm proud of you. You are real gpro player. And real man.
Stuart Foster
(Grupa Master - 4)

Teme: 12459
  Država:
Engleska 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #25 objavljeno 31 Pro 2017, 19:16:58 Citat 
Well, if I actually thought I came second due to any kind of skill I'd be lying....nobody sits 14th in a master race and jumps 12 places because of a brilliant strategy call...only happened because of misfortune of others.
Atli Thor Johannesson
(Grupa Pro - 11)

Teme: 2441
  Država:
Island 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #26 objavljeno 31 Pro 2017, 19:18:48 Citat 
Quote ( Daneks Britāls @ December 31st 2017,18:59:48 )

The awkward moment when you are getting 35 thumbs up for starting a duplicate thread instead of using existing one.

And the even more awkward moment, when you realize you are commenting multiple times in that very thread...
Andrea Squizzato1
(Grupa Master - 4)

Teme: 3594
  Država:
Italija 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (6)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)
Stari post #27 objavljeno 31 Pro 2017, 19:58:35 Citat 
I don't agree with this topic. I set rain tyres for dry so I will quit and will not play this game ever again.. This year.
Michael Keeney
(Grupa Pro - 17)

Teme: 13519
  Država:
Engleska 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (5)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (6)
Stari post #28 objavljeno 31 Pro 2017, 20:17:24 Citat 
The game will only become great when random elements are removed.

Please explain to me why people should bother support the game and spend real life years in building accounts for random elements to stop you in your tracks.

I know people won't agree but its just my 2 pence. I'd much rather beat people with skill and careful planning than by luck.

The last race was pathetic because of the lottery aspect not because the rain stopped. Clearly there was a small chance of it stopping and it did.

However I don't really believe in the weather model much. Ive seen season after season weather conditions being favourably to make elite fun. So if youre asking me if EVERY race weather is random then i'd wholeheartedly say no it's not.

I also truly believe GPRO trolled members on purpose this race. It's just frustrating to see.

On a lighter note. Happy new year all
Ahmet Sonverdi
(Grupa Amateur - 30)

Teme: 4807
  Država:
Turska 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #29 objavljeno 31 Pro 2017, 20:17:36 (zadnji uredio31 Pro 2017, 20:17:59 od Ahmet Sonverdi) Citat 
Quote ( Andrea Squizzato @ December 31st 2017,19:58:35 )

I don't agree with this topic. I set rain tyres for dry so I will quit and will not play this game ever again.. This year.

Have you heard that Italy shifted to China? Yeah, was a big earthquake.

Take care bro.
Edwin Silva
(Grupa Master - 3)

Teme: 2235
  Država:
Kolumbija 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #30 objavljeno 31 Pro 2017, 21:17:11 Citat 
Quote ( Michael Keeney @ December 31st 2017,20:17:24 )

The game will only become great when random elements are removed.

That's a valid point of view from gaming theory perspective. Not the only one, tho. Games in which the full information is not available. Imperfect information games (such as domino, most card games, stratego, et cetera) partially rely on luck due to the hidden information. Games with random possibilities, generally because of dices or card distribution (parcheesi, most card games, monopoly, et cetera) also rely on luck due to the random outcomes.

The only type of games which don't have a luck factor are those with perfect information (as in perfect information plus no random possibilities, so games such as backgammon aren't included in this kind of games). Checkers, chess, go, et cetera are some examples.

All these kind of games are popular. Perfect information ones are usually more popular for professional gaming, because of the luck element being eliminated. However, luck also makes it for interesting gameplay, because it can produce unexpected results but, as long as luck isn't the only element (such as in a coin throw game), skill is long term rewarded.

Now, about GPRO, whereas luck is relevant, you can't luck your game to the highest leagues. Of course, luck, mainly with weather, has decided championships, but no average Joe became a champion just because of luck. As a matter of fact, I think luck in GPRO is mainly the opposite thing: good luck won't make any donkey succeed, but bad luck can make a decent manager fail. This is mainly because the worst bad luck escenarios aren't frequent but they use to be very nasty. A couple of DNF randoms in the same season aren't that usual, but, paradoxically, that unfrequency makes it so the suckers who get hit by that outcome in Pro to Elite usually have a very steep, maybe impossible, hill to climb.

All this being said, this doesn't have much to do with Kyalami's weather. Seriously, guys, stop this shit. In the grand scheme of things this race meant nothing. Nobody will thrive because of this race and if, instead, your season is screwed because of this race, this isn't only mainly your fault (come on, why would you take that bet?) but also your season should never rely on 1 single race.
Stranica [12 » Brzo idi na stranicu:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > General forum > Congrats GPRO you got it right Temu stavi na listu ignoriranja Temu stavi na listu praćenja

Odgovori na tu temu