Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > General forum > PHA or something else? Temu stavi na listu ignoriranja Temu stavi na listu praćenja
Stranica « 1 2 3 ... 8 9 [10 Brzo idi na stranicu:
Začetnik Tema: PHA or something else? 288 odgovora
Thijs Rieken
(Grupa Rookie - 23)

Teme: 1042
  Država:
Nizozemska 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (6)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)
Stari post #271 objavljeno 5 Velj 2019, 16:34:46 Citat 
I'm sorry, but Tibor's answer is actually pretty accurate. There is no given "best" way (yet?) when it comes to upgrading vs PHA matching, but if you read the forums and specifically this thread you will see that PHA matching has become more powerful in recent seasons.

The entire nature of this game is to then go find out what to do with that information. You won't get complete answers in the forums, because that is not how the rules of this game work. You can get hints and vague answers from people who try to help, or get the message to FOBY (Find Out By Yourself) from those that are less in the mood to help.

That's basically how GPRO works.

The other stuff? Comes with experience, either your own, or your team's. You can find out a lot by testing

The actual tips I can give you?

Save all your data! Testing data, race analysis, track characteristics, driver skills, everything you can find and try and form your ideas based on that data.

If you want to know more about the basics, apply for a mentor.

If you want to promote, look at the well-scoring people in your group or class and see what they do. If you want to see if you're ready to promote, look at the higher class to see if these stats are way out of your league or if you're (almost) fitting in.

If you want to know whether your Q or race pace is any good, compare it!

Of course, then comes the next issue: there is a LOT of data. Really a lot. So what do you use, what do you not use?
Me, I try to find people with comparable car levels, points, pace and then just try to see what's different. Or I try to look up those that are on a level that I want to be at too.

In the end, this is not an easy game. There is a learning curve and it is steep. But you can get out of Rookie just by gathering data, looking at it and doing some Googling.
Patrick Paarhuis
(Grupa Rookie - 178)

Teme: 250
  Država:
Nizozemska 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)
Stari post #272 objavljeno 5 Velj 2019, 17:31:07 (zadnji uredio5 Velj 2019, 17:40:37 od Patrick Paarhuis) Citat 
Quote ( Thijs Rieken @ February 5th 2019,16:34:46 )

I'm sorry, but Tibor's answer is actually pretty accurate. There is no given "best" way (yet?) when it comes to upgrading vs PHA matching, but if you read the forums and specifically this thread you will see that PHA matching has become more powerful in recent seasons.

The entire nature of this game is to then go find out what to do with that information. You won't get complete answers in the forums, because that is not how the rules of this game work. You can get hints and vague answers from people who try to help, or get the message to FOBY (Find Out By Yourself) from those that are less in the mood to help.

That's basically how GPRO works.

The other stuff? Comes with experience, either your own, or your team's. You can find out a lot by testing

The actual tips I can give you?

Save all your data! Testing data, race analysis, track characteristics, driver skills, everything you can find and try and form your ideas based on that data.

If you want to know more about the basics, apply for a mentor.

If you want to promote, look at the well-scoring people in your group or class and see what they do. If you want to see if you're ready to promote, look at the higher class to see if these stats are way out of your league or if you're (almost) fitting in.

If you want to know whether your Q or race pace is any good, compare it!

Of course, then comes the next issue: there is a LOT of data. Really a lot. So what do you use, what do you not use?
Me, I try to find people with comparable car levels, points, pace and then just try to see what's different. Or I try to look up those that are on a level that I want to be at too.

In the end, this is not an easy game. There is a learning curve and it is steep. But you can get out of Rookie just by gathering data, looking at it and doing some Googling.

THIS!!!!! (and the other answers after my last Posting)

is an answer i can work with and suprise!!!, and he didn't gave me any data, which i don't want anyway because the data given only gives a direction due to other variabels that i can't copy (Driver, Car Level, condition of the tracks, etc. … and it would take the fun away of this game...

I just wanted you guys to see it from a perspective of a newbie, how this discussion takes place, that there are newbies that read this Topic and get mixed up and doesn't understand anything anymore.

well i am out of this Topic …. to complicated for me and not yet relevant
Tibor Szuromi
(Grupa Master - 4)

Teme: 11913
  Država:
Mađarska 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (3)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)
Stari post #273 objavljeno 5 Velj 2019, 17:54:10 Citat 
Patrick!
This is a difficult game.
Being a beginner must be patient.
Rookie is a class of experience and learning.
I've been trying since s24. I didn't know anything.

Data collection, analysis, formula decryption. Unfortunately, it needs mathematics and ingenuity. That's what I did.

Do not give up! Go!

Patrick Paarhuis
(Grupa Rookie - 178)

Teme: 250
  Država:
Nizozemska 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (2)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)
Stari post #274 objavljeno 5 Velj 2019, 17:55:12 (zadnji uredio5 Velj 2019, 17:56:10 od Patrick Paarhuis) Citat 
Quote ( Tibor Szuromi @ February 5th 2019,17:54:10 )

Patrick!
This is a difficult game.
Being a beginner must be patient.
Rookie is a class of experience and learning.
I've been trying since s24. I didn't know anything.

Data collection, analysis, formula decryption. Unfortunately, it needs mathematics and ingenuity. That's what I did.

Do not give up! Go!

Thank you Tibor, i won't and i collect all data of the races i have done so far
Melissa Martin
(Grupa Master - 1)

Teme: 322
  Država:
Francuska 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #275 objavljeno 6 Velj 2019, 19:51:26 Citat 

It is necessary to be wary of the pha, the PhA does not mean that it needs a lot of power for example, it indicates just the number of km or it needs of the power ;)
Tibor Szuromi
(Grupa Amateur - 4)

Država:
Mađarska 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (1)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)
Stari post #276 objavljeno 26 Ruj 2020, 09:51:42 Citat 
I would like to change the technical data of the tracks.

Currently, PHA values are misleading. (They apply to dry asphalt.) S76 change: there is also a rainy PHA.

Appropriate supplementation is required.
Atli Thor Johannesson
(Grupa Pro - 1)

Teme: 2441
  Država:
Island 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (1)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (1)
Stari post #277 objavljeno 26 Ruj 2020, 11:01:42 Citat 
Quote ( Tibor Szuromi @ September 26th 2020,09:51:42 )

I would like to change the technical data of the tracks.

Currently, PHA values are misleading. (They apply to dry asphalt.) S76 change: there is also a rainy PHA.

Appropriate supplementation is required.

I disagree, since you can relatively easily figure that out buy looking at certain changes in car setup, in various conditions and apply that to....
Imo it should be foby.
Tibor Szuromi
(Grupa Amateur - 4)

Država:
Mađarska 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #278 objavljeno 26 Ruj 2020, 11:12:47 Citat 
Quote ( Atli Thor Johannesson @ September 26th 2020,11:01:42 )

I disagree, since you can relatively easily figure that out buy looking at certain changes in car setup, in various conditions and apply that to....

Imo it should be foby.

Shouldn’t it be indicated that this applies to dry track? (What's in this, Foby?)

How does the new player know that this is a dry track PHA?
Atli Thor Johannesson
(Grupa Pro - 1)

Država:
Island 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (1)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (1)
Stari post #279 objavljeno 26 Ruj 2020, 11:48:40 (zadnji uredio26 Ruj 2020, 11:49:20 od Atli Thor Johannesson) Citat 
How does a new player know how to setup his car?
He either figures it out and does well, or can't figure it out and doesn't do as well.
Then he joins a team and does even better. ;)
Tibor Szuromi
(Grupa Amateur - 4)

Država:
Mađarska 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (1)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)
Stari post #280 objavljeno 26 Ruj 2020, 12:04:46 Citat 
Quote ( Atli Thor Johannesson @ September 26th 2020,11:48:40 )

How does a new player know how to setup his car?
It has nothing to do with what I wrote.

I am talking about clear information.
Atli Thor Johannesson
(Grupa Pro - 1)

Država:
Island 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (1)
Stari post #281 objavljeno 26 Ruj 2020, 12:28:18 Citat 
Quote ( Tibor Szuromi @ September 26th 2020,12:04:46 )

Quote ( Atli Thor Johannesson @ September 26th 2020,11:48:40 )

How does a new player know how to setup his car? It has nothing to do with what I wrote.

I am talking about clear information.

Just like Car setup is Foby, wet PHA should also be.
Tibor Szuromi
(Grupa Amateur - 4)

Država:
Mađarska 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (6)
Stari post #282 objavljeno 26 Ruj 2020, 12:57:28 Citat 
It's okay if you don't understand.

Do you know what you're talking about?

You are not responding to my request. Don't refer to me.

Thanks.

Gustavo Bellotto
(Grupa Master - 4)

Teme: 102
  Država:
Brazil 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (5)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)
Stari post #283 objavljeno 26 Ruj 2020, 13:07:28 (zadnji uredio26 Ruj 2020, 13:09:31 od Gustavo Bellotto) Citat 
Quote ( Tibor Szuromi @ September 26th 2020,12:57:28 )

It's okay if you don't understand.

Do you know what you're talking about?

You are not responding to my request. Don't refer to me.

Thanks.

Tibor is trying to say that new players will manage car parts in the same way in each track whether it's dry or wet. But there is nowhere they can find info that in wet PHA car vs track changes.

"• Your car will perform better if the car character suits the track characteristics" (this is what they will see, but we know now that in wet the car doesn't follow as in dry)
Atli Thor Johannesson
(Grupa Pro - 1)

Država:
Island 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (1)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (2)
Stari post #284 objavljeno 26 Ruj 2020, 14:06:17 Citat 
Thanks Gustavo.

I think I understand what he is saying, he wants visible PHA track characteristics, both for wet and dry, right?
It should be Foby.

Possibly a "hover over" blue "?", where it states that the visible PHA is for dry races, and that the characteristics are different it wet races, just like you car setup is.

I find it pretty easy to figure out, based on the difference in wet/dry car setup.

Part of the GPro game appeal is that you need to figure a lot of shit out to succeed.
Tibor Szuromi
(Grupa Amateur - 4)

Država:
Mađarska 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (3)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)
Stari post #285 objavljeno 26 Ruj 2020, 14:14:40 Citat 
Power*:
Handling*:
Acceleration*:

* In Dry track

This is what I want to see.

Information for new and returning managers (too). :)

Luke Frost
(Grupa Amateur - 88)

Teme: 11111
  Država:
Australija 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (8)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)
Stari post #286 objavljeno 26 Ruj 2020, 14:27:40 (zadnji uredio26 Ruj 2020, 14:32:13 od Luke Frost) Citat 
So I read through this thread which is something I previously haven't done and I have to say...Jukka, if you're reading this, we want you back mate. You let the stress get to you here and I hope you'll be back refreshed and ready to contribute more to the game again. The live race screen work you & Vlad done transformed the game big time and will never be forgotten.

As far as PHA talk goes, I am a big big fan of it. I've been following F1 since I was a young kid and before I knew more than 3 driver's names just from memory I knew that different cars would challenge for higher places in F1 based on their design's match to the track's characteristics. I do disagree, though, with how powerful an impact it has. But I guess there's a lot of realism to that. Look at Red Bull in the past 5 races in F1, for example. Max won in Silverstone then struggled to make the top 10 a few races later. :)
Gustavo Bellotto
(Grupa Master - 4)

Teme: 102
  Država:
Brazil 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (6)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)
Stari post #287 objavljeno 26 Ruj 2020, 14:34:34 Citat 
Quote ( Atli Thor Johannesson @ September 26th 2020,14:06:17 )

Thanks Gustavo.

I think I understand what he is saying, he wants visible PHA track characteristics, both for wet and dry, right?
It should be Foby.

Possibly a "hover over" blue "?", where it states that the visible PHA is for dry races, and that the characteristics are different it wet races, just like you car setup is.

I find it pretty easy to figure out, based on the difference in wet/dry car setup.

Part of the GPro game appeal is that you need to figure a lot of shit out to succeed.

I think he wants to see just a warning saying that in rain things are different, no foby in there.
Marcel De Graaf
(Grupa Amateur - 30)

Teme: 43
  Država:
J.A.R 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (5)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)
Stari post #288 objavljeno 26 Ruj 2020, 15:15:55 (zadnji uredio26 Ruj 2020, 15:22:46 od Marcel De Graaf) Citat 
I don't think it's very hard to understand how rain will affect a car's PHA. It borders on obvious. But to get this dialed in for your setup, just like with anything in this game takes time, patience and gathering of your data, analyzing it and applying it. You are correct current PHA information applies to a dry track. I don't see that as being misleading, how it affects a wet track is for you to find out.
Tibor Szuromi
(Grupa Amateur - 4)

Država:
Mađarska 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (4)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)
Stari post #289 objavljeno 26 Ruj 2020, 15:24:21 Citat 
Quote ( Gustavo Bellotto @ September 26th 2020,14:34:34 )

I think he wants to see just a warning saying that in rain things are different
Exactly.
Stranica « 1 2 3 ... 8 9 [10 Brzo idi na stranicu:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > General forum > PHA or something else? Temu stavi na listu ignoriranja Temu stavi na listu praćenja

Odgovori na tu temu