Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Suggestions forum > Additional promotions question/thought Temu stavi na listu ignoriranja Temu stavi na listu praćenja
Stranica [1
Začetnik Tema: Additional promotions question/thought 3 odgovora
Alex Holland
(Grupa Amateur - 92)

Teme: 1328
  Država:
Kanada 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (1)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (1)
Stari post #1 objavljeno 26 Lis 2019, 22:38:54 Citat 
I have been helping a few people in the game and the rules around promotion/retention came up. Somewhere I had a discussion regarding who should promote, who should retain and who should relegate came up. The idea that managers who did not complete enough races in the season came up in the discussion.

In short it was thought that a manager who missed more than 4 or 7 races (cannot remember the answer), should not have any chance of promotion and in fact should relegate to a lower level. These numbers still allowed for a normal situation where a promoter could miss a couple of race and everything went on as normal. The idea was that a person who just burned his driver/car/money to get a streak of wins but then gave up for the rest of the season should not be able to promote just because he might have scored a ton of points early on.

It also stops people with double accounts from only running a few races, but just enough to stay positive for money and retain. It makes no sense to me that a person who misses a big chunk of a racing season should still take up a spot in that racing league. If I look at my own racing league, I see one manager with only 2 races completed but getting a 12th and 13th which was just enough to keep that driver in Amateur (AM); 15 missed races. Another manager missed 8 races but will also retain. To my way of thinking these managers are not really playing the game and should not be rewarded with retention when others are fighting to get into AM or retain in AM but are kept out because of two wasted spaces.

Now it might be hard to come up with how many missed races are acceptable for retention and I think the numbers 4 and 7 were floated in the discussion. I think if that number could be nailed down this would make for a good addition to the change log and promotion/retention rules going forward.

I could not find that discussion by searching the public forums so it might have been an offline discussion but I think it was worth moving here for everyone to talk about. My gut feeling is that anyone who misses 4 or more races should not promote and anyone missing 5 or more races in a season should not retain. 4 and 4 is also good.
Thijs Rieken
(Grupa Amateur - 37)

Teme: 1042
  Država:
Nizozemska 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (1)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)
Stari post #2 objavljeno 27 Lis 2019, 05:18:39 Citat 
I don't think so. While sitting out races is a boring tactic that apparently annoys some people I think it's simply another tactic. There's already consequences in place for those who miss too many races.
Ken Neihart
(Grupa Master - 3)

Teme: 1633
  Država:
S.A.D. 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (1)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)
Stari post #3 objavljeno 27 Lis 2019, 05:26:52 Citat 
This has been brought up many times........Search is a great tool.
Florencia Caro
(Grupa Pro - 18)

GPRO Ekipa
Teme: 17148
  Država:
Argentina 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (2)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)
Stari post #4 objavljeno 27 Lis 2019, 05:39:34 Citat 
Quote ( Alex Holland @ October 26th 2019,22:38:54 )

My gut feeling is that anyone who misses 4 or more races should not promote and anyone missing 5 or more races in a season should not retain. 4 and 4 is also good.

This is a recipe for disaster, IMO. The site struggles to retain managers, and such punishment would for sure make many players stop playing at all, knowing they can't avoid a relegation after x races missed.
Stranica [1
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Suggestions forum > Additional promotions question/thought Temu stavi na listu ignoriranja Temu stavi na listu praćenja

Odgovori na tu temu