Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Suggestions forum > Season standings of zero-point managers. Temu stavi na listu ignoriranja Temu stavi na listu praćenja
Stranica [1
Začetnik Tema: Season standings of zero-point managers. 21 odgovora
Ilya Yakimov
(Grupa Amateur - 25)

Teme: 15
  Država:
Ruska Federacija 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)
Stari post #1 objavljeno 18 Stu 2019, 15:14:32 Citat 
Hi all.
I don't understand the current sorting system of season standings for zero-point managers.
There are four managers in the A-25 have missed races, but they are above managers without skipping races. Why?
I think even one skipping race must lower managers to a lower position in sort-list.
Predrag Marmut
(Grupa Pro - 19)

Teme: 265
  Država:
Srbija 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (2)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)
Stari post #2 objavljeno 18 Stu 2019, 15:19:41 Citat 
Nikifor Petrov finished 20.place in one race
Martin Prášil finished 21.place in one race
others finished 22. or 23.place in one race. That't why they are above of others. Number of races doesn't count.
Ilya Yakimov
(Grupa Amateur - 25)

Država:
Ruska Federacija 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (1)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (2)
Stari post #3 objavljeno 18 Stu 2019, 15:27:18 Citat 
Do you think this is the correct sorting method? Vyacheslav Revenko has missed two races, has no points, but still higher than 10+ responsible managers. I would understand if he had at least 1 point, but he has not at all. Nikifor Petrov has missed three races in row, but he is in "blue" zone of table, only for one 20th place.

Jean Chapados
(Grupa Pro - 11)

Teme: 276
  Država:
Kanada 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (3)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)
Stari post #4 objavljeno 18 Stu 2019, 15:28:28 Citat 
Is this really a suggestion or a question? Wrong forum category in my opinion. However the answer above is correct, first is point then the best result is the second criteria when point are the same.
Ilya Yakimov
(Grupa Amateur - 25)

Država:
Ruska Federacija 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (2)
Stari post #5 objavljeno 18 Stu 2019, 15:31:02 Citat 
Quote ( Jean Chapados @ November 18th 2019,15:28:28 )

Is this really a suggestion or a question?

I want to know opinions of other players. I think it's the mistake in sorting system that should be fixed. So I have chosen suggestion topic.
Jean Chapados
(Grupa Pro - 11)

Država:
Kanada 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #6 objavljeno 18 Stu 2019, 15:36:44 Citat 
This is simple, I don't know why you want to change it. If someone did 1 race and finish 9, he will be classified hire than someone who finish 10 in all 17 races. Best result for a single race, this is simple.
Marcel De Graaf
(Grupa Amateur - 70)

Teme: 43
  Država:
J.A.R 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #7 objavljeno 18 Stu 2019, 15:37:55 Citat 
The sorting system for zero-point managers make perfect sense if you understand how it work. Your placement in the ladder is based on your best position obtained, number of races is irrelevant.
Michael Jones
(Grupa Pro - 25)

Teme: 1387
  Država:
Engleska 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #8 objavljeno 18 Stu 2019, 15:39:09 Citat 
Dont try to change how the game is run just because it doesnt suit where you are in the standings.

Also its a bit early in the season to be bothered about who has not competed all races
Ilya Yakimov
(Grupa Amateur - 25)

Država:
Ruska Federacija 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (1)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (2)
Stari post #9 objavljeno 18 Stu 2019, 15:42:31 Citat 
Quote ( Jean Chapados @ November 18th 2019,15:36:44 )

Best result for a single race, this is simple.

IMHO, taking points and missing races - a little bit different things. The game should be stricter to irresponsible managers. One skipping race - OK, but more - manager should be punished. I can't imagine situation in real championships, when racers skips races so simply.
Riley Dunlop
(Grupa Pro - 22)

Teme: 828
  Država:
Engleska 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (4)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)
Stari post #10 objavljeno 18 Stu 2019, 15:57:53 Citat 
If someone came into F1 (or another category of motor racing) and didn;t start until say the 5th race of the season but then consistently won races and got podiums (maybe was ill for a race and had to miss it) but by the end of the season had more points than anyone else, would they not be champion?

Or should they not be allowed the Championship but have to drop down to a lower place because the guy in 2nd place had raced all the races?
Florencia Caro
(Grupa Master - 4)

GPRO Ekipa
Teme: 17154
  Država:
Argentina 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (1)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)
Stari post #11 objavljeno 18 Stu 2019, 15:59:03 Citat 

I want to know opinions of other players.

You might want to perform a forum search to check the previous times this has been discussed. Some old topics:

/forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=14791
/forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=27107
/forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=8616
Michael Jones
(Grupa Pro - 25)

Teme: 1387
  Država:
Engleska 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #12 objavljeno 18 Stu 2019, 16:00:06 Citat 

Quote ( Ilya Yakimov @ November 18th 2019,15:42:31 )

IMHO, taking points and missing races - a little bit different things. The game should be stricter to irresponsible managers. One skipping race - OK, but more - manager should be punished. I can't imagine situation in real championships, when racers skips races so simply.

what happens if the player has been taken to hospital?

You going to penalise him then because he missed some races?

Even though this game isnt RL , a driver getting injured has to miss some races in RL.

But like I said dont blame the game for the situation your in .
Andreas Ramann
(Grupa Master - 1)

Teme: 806
  Država:
Estonija 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #13 objavljeno 18 Stu 2019, 16:00:18 Citat 

One skipping race - OK, but more - manager should be punished.

Some people have real lifes to deal with and maybe don't even care if they don't participate in all the races. This is still a game after all.
There's already a system made if a manager skips too many races in a season, no need for to change anything.

Basically because you can't finish higher has nothing to do with people who skip races above you and finish higher. They actually lose money by skipping those races, it's their choice, but they still have earned that place in the standings with that 1 race.
Tibor Szuromi
(Grupa Master - 4)

Teme: 11913
  Država:
Mađarska 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #14 objavljeno 18 Stu 2019, 16:02:58 (zadnji uredio18 Stu 2019, 16:05:25 od Tibor Szuromi) Citat 
"Updated the rule for kicking inactive team members from a team. Now a member is considered inactive if they've missed at least 4 races from the last 17 races (the races don't need to be consecutive)." <--- Hospital

Why don't you change your ranking? Result: less inactve. Or not?

Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo
(Grupa Master - 3)

Teme: 2730
  Država:
Meksiko 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (8)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (2)
Stari post #15 objavljeno 18 Stu 2019, 16:22:08 Citat 
Rather than changing the game you should be asking yourself why can't you get a better position.

39 managers in your group, 5 at least constantly missing, and you get P31?.

Your car is not that bad, your driver is average in your group. you should be able to get a better results.

So instead of thinking how "unfair" the ranking is you should start thinking what I need to do to improve.

Jean Chapados
(Grupa Pro - 11)

Država:
Kanada 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #16 objavljeno 18 Stu 2019, 16:33:38 Citat 

I missed 1 race in my entire career here and I was punished enough to not miss another one. It has a very bad impact on sponsors and since this is a management game before a race game, I understood it is not a good management to miss race.
Tibor Szuromi
(Grupa Master - 4)

Teme: 11913
  Država:
Mađarska 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #17 objavljeno 18 Stu 2019, 16:41:39 Citat 
17 Race +5 000 000$
16 Race 0$
15 Race -X$
14 Race -Y$ (X>Y)
. . .
and so on.

(Was this a topic?)

Ilya Yakimov
(Grupa Amateur - 25)

Država:
Ruska Federacija 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #18 objavljeno 19 Stu 2019, 07:18:27 Citat 
Okay, understood your position. Don't agree, but there is only one opinion from all of you, so mine is incorrect.
Rastislav Padysak
(Grupa Rookie - 108)

Teme: 611
  Država:
Slovačka 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #19 objavljeno 19 Stu 2019, 08:38:46 (zadnji uredio19 Stu 2019, 08:41:57 od Rastislav Padysak) Citat 
Quote ( Ilya Yakimov @ November 19th 2019,07:18:27 )

Okay, understood your position. Don't agree, but there is only one opinion from all of you, so mine is incorrect.
Ilya, I wouldn't say your opinion is incorrect, it's just different. I guess you'll change it if you stay here for some years.

And, to add a fact to conversation, this is how it is in real life F1 (the same as in GPRO):
If two or more drivers (or constructors) have the same number of points, a tie breaker system is used. The one with the most wins is ranked higher. If the number of wins are the same, it goes to the one with the most second places and so on.
The source: https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Formula_One_racing

Edit:
This is GPRO point system:
https://wiki.gpro.net/index.php?title=Points_System_%26_Grou...

Eoin Farrelly
(Grupa Master - 5)

Teme: 4025
  Država:
Irska 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #20 objavljeno 19 Stu 2019, 19:56:10 Citat 
As someone who has missed a race and ranks higher (just about) than others who have not, this offends me
Jan Velske3
(Grupa Elite)

Teme: 897
  Država:
Njemačka 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (4)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)
Stari post #21 objavljeno 19 Stu 2019, 21:57:03 Citat 
The more races you do the higher the chance of getting a good race result. :)
Jerome Manzon
(Grupa Amateur - 22)

Teme: 216
  Država:
Filipini 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (1)
Stari post #22 objavljeno 21 Stu 2019, 14:56:37 (zadnji uredio21 Stu 2019, 14:58:16 od Jerome Manzon) Citat 
Please read this:

The old Formula 1 point scoring system (used from years 2003-2009) is used where managers in positions 1-8 get 10-8-6-5-4-3-2-1 points respectively.

Group Standings

The groups standings are sorted primarily on number of points scored.
Where there is a tie for points the decider is the best single race finish.
If this is still a tie, it proceeds through each race finish until the tie is broken.

Example:

Managers A & B both have 5 points.
Manager A finished in 6th place once & 7th place once.
Manager B finished in 6th place once & 8th place twice.
Manager A would be above Manager B in the standings as they both had one 6th place, but Manager A's 7th place beats Manager B's 8th place.

In the unlikely event that the managers have an identical set of race results, then the positions will be ordered by who is ahead in the 1 Big Race results.
In the the extremely unlikely event that 2 managers have the same results AND 1 Big Race time, then the positions will be ordered by Cash Balance (i.e. The manager with the higher cash balance will finish ahead).
In the almost impossible event of all of the above being exactly the same for two (or more managers), the previous seasons Race Wins & Pole Positions will come into effect to decide the order.

Source: https://wiki.gpro.net/index.php?title=Points_System_%26_Grou...
Stranica [1
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Suggestions forum > Season standings of zero-point managers. Temu stavi na listu ignoriranja Temu stavi na listu praćenja

Odgovori na tu temu