Stranica « 1 2 3 ... 18 19 [20 Brzo idi na stranicu:
Začetnik Tema: Rookie - 52 596 odgovora
Quintus Vanghaele
(Grupa Rookie - 52)

Teme: 120
  Država:
Belgija 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)
Stari post #571 objavljeno 12 Lis 2021, 20:03:49 Citat 
Whoops I did forget to set my risk on a wet track. 😅🙈

Okay ... no points for me tonight probably.
Mark Webster
(Grupa Rookie - 52)

Teme: 10727
  Država:
Kanada 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #572 objavljeno 14 Lis 2021, 17:31:06 (zadnji uredio14 Lis 2021, 17:31:21 od Mark Webster) Citat 
Quote ( Quintus Vanghaele @ October 10th 2021,17:08:29 )

I did train him last season already, and dropped his motivation back to zero at the end of the season. It is not my intention to have a very long carreer with this driver. He's okay for rookie and my first two amateur seasons

Ah, that explains a lot! Your driver must be quite optimal for his OA. He's 1 second a lap faster than me even though I'm probably 1.5, almost 2 car levels ahead of you. My driver is clearly not, but he's enough to get me to Amateur, we'll see what next season brings in the driver market.

Quintus Vanghaele
(Grupa Rookie - 52)

Država:
Belgija 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (1)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)
Stari post #573 objavljeno 14 Lis 2021, 18:32:10 Citat 
Hi Mark,

The actual plan was tl go with 40%CT on both on the dry and wet track. But I did forget to set the % risk CT for the wet track, so I raced about 95% of the race without any risk. I can tell you that I was ver surprised to see that I finished on the podium nevertheless.

If I would have wanted to race without risk I would have chosen the one stop strategy on rain tyres. Meaning starting on wets and have one stop in lap +/- 30.

Things like well trained staff, testing or a high level car do have some influence. But I do have to admit in all honesty that the amount of influence those things have is very small at the level at which we do compete currently. In fact all you need is three of the driver skills, and with just those, (and a tool/excel sheet that provides you the correct strategy), you will promote to Amateur level at all time.

I don't have the intention to finish this season with a high level car neither, since I will score my points at amateur level (next season) in the last five races. No need for me to hurry with the high level car parts. 😉
Amitesh Patnaik
(Grupa Pro - 24)

Teme: 464
  Država:
Indija 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #574 objavljeno 14 Lis 2021, 18:35:59 (zadnji uredio14 Lis 2021, 18:40:42 od Amitesh Patnaik) Citat 
All you need is a good driver in rookie, the rest don't really come into play till Pro (although you'd like to strategically build them up for long term benefits).

CT is just gonna wear your car out needlessly at this stage.

But I guess, Mark would be a better guide in this game that I would be.
Quintus Vanghaele
(Grupa Rookie - 52)

Država:
Belgija 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #575 objavljeno 14 Lis 2021, 18:52:09 Citat 
Quote ( Amitesh Patnaik @ October 14th 2021,18:35:59 )

All you need is a good driver in rookie, the rest don't really come into play till Pro (although you'd like to strategically build them up for long term benefits).

Agree on that. Although the extra wear on the car parts isn't that much higher if you use some %CT in just a few races. That's the benefit of having the calender long before the season starts.

I did the math for this season while last season was still going on. With the calender and a tool that does calculate your car part wear, it is a piece of cake to calculate the car part wear of the entire season.

This season I do have the intention to use some %CT in just six races, meaning that I don't have to buy any extra car part compared with racing all races without %CT. If I would push in more races, then yes. It will cost me a bit more on a few extra nes car parts. But as said, I did the math already. Even for next season already. 😉✌
Mark Webster
(Grupa Rookie - 52)

Država:
Kanada 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #576 objavljeno 14 Lis 2021, 21:25:11 Citat 
Quote ( Quintus Vanghaele @ October 14th 2021,18:32:10 )

The actual plan was tl go with 40%CT on both on the dry and wet track. But I did forget to set the % risk CT for the wet track, so I raced about 95% of the race without any risk. I can tell you that I was ver surprised to see that I finished on the podium nevertheless.

A good result for you! I've ran between 20 and 30CT for the first 3 races, ran 0CT last race (both wet and dry) and for this upcoming race... you'll need to wait and see!

Things like well trained staff, testing or a high level car do have some influence. But I do have to admit in all honesty that the amount of influence those things have is very small at the level at which we do compete currently. In fact all you need is three of the driver skills, and with just those, (and a tool/excel sheet that provides you the correct strategy), you will promote to Amateur level at all time.

From what I can see, there haven't been many changes since my last full season (the same as when driver energy was introduced, so that aspect is largely new to me). Car levels matter more on certain tracks, and how that car level is made up from car parts and test points matters more on certain tracks as well.

I don't have the intention to finish this season with a high level car neither, since I will score my points at amateur level (next season) in the last five races. No need for me to hurry with the high level car parts. 😉

My plan is to promote with a high L5 / low L6 car, somewhere about there. I want to retain the option of jumping straight to Pro as well. When I played before, Pro was the best level for developing your overall package but I feel that might no longer be the case.

Quote ( Amitesh Patnaik @ October 14th 2021,18:35:59 )

CT is useful, you manage it across the season to maximise the value you get out of your parts. Remember that each position you finish higher is worth a further $100k in Rookie (more in higher levels), plus the benefit of better sponsor progress, negotiation and happiness. I used to say it a lot when I played before, maximising your income while minimising your expenses is the key to GPRO success.

Quote ( Quintus Vanghaele @ October 14th 2021,18:52:09 )

I did the math for this season while last season was still going on. With the calender and a tool that does calculate your car part wear, it is a piece of cake to calculate the car part wear of the entire season.

This season I do have the intention to use some %CT in just six races, meaning that I don't have to buy any extra car part compared with racing all races without %CT. If I would push in more races, then yes. It will cost me a bit more on a few extra nes car parts. But as said, I did the math already. Even for next season already. 😉✌

This is lots of good planning. :)

I'm using a similar tool, which is something I've butchered together from the various teams I've been a part of in the past, but obviously it's not been updated since my last full season, so new tracks are impossible to predict, I do what I can. :)
Upeo Unaozidi
(Grupa Amateur - 46)

Teme: 199
  Država:
Kenija 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #577 objavljeno 14 Lis 2021, 23:58:49 Citat 
@Quintus Vanghaele (R52) ...> With a three time Elite winner as mentor, I'm sure you will do great. ;-)

Don't rush things mate and you'll be fine, you have all the tools and knowledge you need. Patience is the keyword, so stick to your plan and we'll meet each other up there in season 100 ? I'm looking forward to it already. ♥ ♥ ♥

Cheers
Upeo
Quintus Vanghaele
(Grupa Rookie - 52)

Država:
Belgija 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #578 objavljeno 15 Lis 2021, 12:16:34 Citat 
@Upeo Unaozidi (A46)

Thanks for your confidence in me, and I'm so thankful for all the great assistance I did get from you and the others. I can't thank you guys enough for it. For now I can only dream of the achievements my mentor and several of the other managers that helped me did achieve in this game. It are big shoes to fill, and big chance that I will never achieve similar results.

All I can do is give it all, stay focused and stick to the plan, as you did mention already. I'm really looking forward to the other game levels, and yes it would be great if we could "battle" against each other one day.

But for now I will enjoy every race at rookie level at the fullest, because the upcoming seasons will be a complete other story.

Mark Webster
(Grupa Rookie - 52)

Država:
Kanada 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (2)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)
Stari post #579 objavljeno 15 Lis 2021, 15:39:46 Citat 
Quote ( Quintus Vanghaele @ October 15th 2021,12:16:34 )

@Upeo Unaozidi (A46)

Thanks for your confidence in me, and I'm so thankful for all the great assistance I did get from you and the others. I can't thank you guys enough for it. For now I can only dream of the achievements my mentor and several of the other managers that helped me did achieve in this game. It are big shoes to fill, and big chance that I will never achieve similar results.

All I can do is give it all, stay focused and stick to the plan, as you did mention already. I'm really looking forward to the other game levels, and yes it would be great if we could "battle" against each other one day.

But for now I will enjoy every race at rookie level at the fullest, because the upcoming seasons will be a complete other story.

You're clearly a very smart guy Quintus, you'll have no problems. =]
Quintus Vanghaele
(Grupa Rookie - 52)

Država:
Belgija 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #580 objavljeno 18 Lis 2021, 22:30:19 Citat 
Quote ( Quintus Vanghaele @ October 15th 2021,12:16:34 )

You're clearly a very smart guy Quintus, you'll have no problems. =]

Well we will see how things will work out in the upcoming seasons. I would be very happy already if I manage to perform half of what you did Mark. I didn't notice it before, but you managed to do very well at elite level. Thumbs up for that mate 👍👍.

For now I can only dream of accomplishing such a performance. But first I will enjoy this level, and I will try to find a nice and active team.

Good luck at the Grobnik GP ! ✌
Mark Webster
(Grupa Rookie - 52)

Država:
Kanada 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #581 objavljeno 19 Lis 2021, 05:17:46 Citat 
Quote ( Quintus Vanghaele @ October 18th 2021,22:30:19 )

I didn't notice it before, but you managed to do very well at elite level. Thumbs up for that mate 👍👍.

Actually I was a terrible Elite manager. I think I'm top 100 in points all time in Master though.

My only ever win in Elite was super lucky - It was my first race in Elite after promoting and it was the first season that favourite tracks were introduced, and Race 1 was my driver's favourite track, so I took strong tyres and JUST managed to beat Leandro Sereno to the race win. I think I had some Level 8 parts on my car - was pretty crazy.

A few of my teammates from my teams at the time did very similar things. I'm fortunate that I've been in several very successful teams - they're the only reason I've been able to succeed at the game. A good team is key in this game for new managers - there's a base level of knowledge you kind of need to attain to do anything, and then beyond that it's your decision making.
Quintus Vanghaele
(Grupa Rookie - 52)

Država:
Belgija 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #582 objavljeno 23 Lis 2021, 16:32:25 Citat 
Wow 😲 !!! What a lotery it was at the Austin GP. Don't know how I managed to finish on the podium, but I really enjoyed that close finish. Congrats Mark !! 🏆

I raced with 0%CT and no boost. Started with medium tyres and fuel for 15 laps - Rain tyres and fuel for 36 laps after that - and the plan was to finish the race on the medium tyres again with fuel for 23 laps.

But it seems that the GPRO weather gods decided otherwise. 🤣🤣🤣

Next race in Canada I will push again. No way that I will let Mark win his home GP. (Just kidding of course ✌😉)

Good luck all qualifying !!!

Mark Webster
(Grupa Rookie - 52)

Država:
Kanada 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #583 objavljeno 25 Lis 2021, 19:17:14 Citat 
Your strategy was the same as mine Quintus, but my driver had favourite track there.

Even though Montreal is my home gp, Technically I live closer to Austin and Mexico City than Montreal!
Quintus Vanghaele
(Grupa Rookie - 52)

Država:
Belgija 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #584 objavljeno 29 Lis 2021, 18:38:21 Citat 
Well .... let's see what today's lotery will bring us.

No risk or boost for me this race, I will probably smoke this race out. Predicted engine wear is 102%.

If dry I will go for one stop on the hard tyres. 35 and 34 laps. The amount of fuel to do 34 dry laps should alow me to do 43 laps on a wet track.

Fingers crossed that the techniczl problems will not start to soon.

Good luck all. 👊✌
Quintus Vanghaele
(Grupa Rookie - 52)

Država:
Belgija 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #585 objavljeno 1 Stu 2021, 11:22:49 Citat 
Congrats @Nigel Donovan (R52)

Nice race mate and a well deserved win ! 💪✌
Nigel Donovan
(Grupa Rookie - 52)

Teme: 174
  Država:
S.A.D. 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #586 objavljeno 1 Stu 2021, 23:23:23 Citat 
Quote ( Quintus Vanghaele @ November 1st 2021,11:22:49 )

Congrats @Nigel Donovan (R52)

Nice race mate and a well deserved win ! 💪✌

Quintus thank you! With a bit of planning and some luck, I was able to make this one count. I just had enough fuel to prevent myself from pitting
Quintus Vanghaele
(Grupa Rookie - 52)

Država:
Belgija 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #587 objavljeno 2 Stu 2021, 20:03:57 Citat 
2 stops, soft, 0%CT and no boost today.

Good luck all 👍✌
Nigel Donovan
(Grupa Rookie - 52)

Država:
S.A.D. 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #588 objavljeno 5 Stu 2021, 16:19:37 Citat 
Good luck out there Gentlemen! All dry out on the track
Quintus Vanghaele
(Grupa Rookie - 52)

Država:
Belgija 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #589 objavljeno 5 Stu 2021, 23:25:03 Citat 
Quote ( Nigel Donovan @ November 5th 2021,16:19:37 )

Thx buddy... Plenty of luck overhere this last race. I expected to have technical problems, but the GPRO gods did have compasion with me. Three car parts on 100% wear at the end of the race, but no bad laps luckily.

So I do consider myself to be a very lucky manager.

Two stops on the soft tyres and no boost was the strategy again.

Now let's see what Serres will bring us, good luck with the qualifications all !! 👊✌
Nigel Donovan
(Grupa Rookie - 52)

Država:
S.A.D. 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #590 objavljeno 17 Stu 2021, 17:26:30 Citat 
Just letting the group know that I will not be promoting this season. Therefore, plan accordingly ;)
Nigel Donovan
(Grupa Rookie - 52)

Država:
S.A.D. 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #591 objavljeno 17 Stu 2021, 17:28:34 Citat 
Quote ( Quintus Vanghaele @ November 5th 2021,23:25:03 )

Quote ( Nigel Donovan @ November 5th 2021,16:19:37 )

Thx buddy... Plenty of luck overhere this last race. I expected to have technical problems, but the GPRO gods did have compasion with me. Three car parts on 100% wear at the end of the race, but no bad laps luckily.

So I do consider myself to be a very lucky manager.

Two stops on the soft tyres and no boost was the strategy again.

Now let's see what Serres will bring us, good luck with the qualifications all !! 👊✌

3 parts at 100% with no Technical? That's amazing, that's good planning and luck from the GPRO gods haha
Quintus Vanghaele
(Grupa Rookie - 52)

Država:
Belgija 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #592 objavljeno 18 Stu 2021, 18:49:11 (zadnji uredio18 Stu 2021, 18:50:54 od Quintus Vanghaele) Citat 
@Nigel Donovan (R52) ...> Yes I've been quite lucky indeed. I didn't push in any of the last races and expected to "smoke them out" all.

Same story with gearbox last race. 100% wear at the finish and no bad laps. 🍀🤞

Quintus Vanghaele
(Grupa Rookie - 52)

Država:
Belgija 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #593 objavljeno 27 Stu 2021, 10:28:35 Citat 
Congratulations to all promoters !! Great job guys and all the best of luck at amateur level. Although I doubt that luck is needed, I'm sure that you will all do great !! 👊✌

Thanks to everybody of Rookie-52 for a nice season. It would be fun to meet you again at the higher game levels.

Good luck to all !

Cbeers
Quintus ✌
Jon Day
(Grupa Rookie - 52)

Teme: 10019
  Država:
Engleska 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #594 objavljeno 15 Ožu 2022, 19:42:53 Citat 
Good luck tonight everyone. :-)
Nikolaï Samarine
(Grupa Rookie - 52)

Teme: 14
  Država:
Švicarska 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #595 objavljeno 21 Srp 2022, 00:38:08 Citat 
Wow Domenico, you're already leading the league by far but keep spending so much money, watch out or you won't pass!
Alexandre Lietz
(Grupa Rookie - 52)

Teme: 718
  Država:
Brazil 
Potvrđeno: 
Sviđa mi se ova poruka (2)   Ne sviđa mi se ova poruka (0)
Stari post #596 objavljeno 6 Sij 2024, 13:43:58 Citat 
good season everyone!

I came to have fun, not to save money
Luciano Barcelos
(Grupa Rookie - 52)

Teme: 7
  Država:
Brazil 
Potvrđeno: 
Stari post #597 objavljeno 6 Sij 2024, 14:20:43 Citat 
Let´s go guys! I´m new here! Very nice and so cool game!
Stranica « 1 2 3 ... 18 19 [20 Brzo idi na stranicu:

Odgovori na tu temu