Grand Prix Racing Online Fórum > News & interviews forum > GPRO NEWSPAPER: ISSUE 0 (SEASON 29 PREVIEW) A téma tiltólistára helyezése Téma hozzáadása a figyelőlistához
Oldal [12 » Ugrás erre az oldalra:
Szerző Téma: GPRO NEWSPAPER: ISSUE 0 (SEASON 29 PREVIEW) 40 válasz
Sam Dulledge
(Csoport Rookie - 80)

Téma moderátor
Hsz.: 278
  Ország:
Anglia 
Teszt: 
Tetszik (33)   Nem tetszik (5)
Régi hozzászólás #1 Elküldve: 2012. január 12. 12:23:47 (módosítva: 2012. január 13. 16:36:11 Sam Dulledge által) Idézet 
So, here we are at the start of Season 29, and I thought it would be a good opportunity to look towards the first half of the upcoming season, which takes us straight through the F1 off season (With Melbourne as the last race of this season coinciding with the F1 season opener on that weekend).
This season sees 4 previous champs (Justinas, Toygun, Leandro and Heidi) with 10 championships between them. Triple champ Zdenek Hladik has fallen into negative money and has been demoted to Master, robbing him of a chance to build on his record 50 Elite race wins which he reached last season.
This season also sees Leandro’s 450th Elite Race, Leandro has been in Elite since season 3, and was helping test the game in its Beta form pre-season 1. This has obviously no doubt helped him, but he has also capitalized on this where other managers have seen mistakes cost them through the tiers. He has never finished outside the top 10 in any championship, and has been in the top 5 since season 21. Can he add to his championships from seasons 11 and 17?
Only 5 triple champions exist in the GPRO archives, and last season Justinas became the 5th name on the list after a thrilling battle between him and Toygun was decided on the first lap of the penultimate race. He and Toygun are now the only consecutive triple champions (Toygun having won seasons 18-20), can Justinas make it an incredibly 4 in a row? His influence on the forums during the off season (leading to the experience change in the game engine) has certainly put him amongst some of the best all-round managers GPRO has seen.
Toygun should also be celebrating his 300th Elite race this season; he is currently the 4th most experienced driver (in terms of Elite races) in GPRO history and is looking strong once again for a 4 title.
Also back in Elite is our double champion Heidi Aareskoski, who convincingly won her Master group last season and has been tipped by some people as one to watch. I personally can definitely see Heidi adding to her 2 championships in future seasons, but this season will be a chance to show us what’s to come with Vladimir Islentiev and Jari Aareskoski also coming through the tiers (Both managers are currently in Pro)
It would be foolish to place money on who will win the Season 29 championship, and maybe the biggest record of them all could be broken with a quadruple champion? Only time will tell.
Meanwhile, in this preview issue, we hope to give you a tiny bit of an insight into what we can offer, and what this season has to offer.
As we look towards season 29, let’s not forget just how great our season 28 was. The winning points total was 119 (by Justinas of course) which is the 2nd lowest championship winning total since season 1! The only person to win on a lower total was our inaugural GPRO champion Manuel Gonzalez, who only took 3 wins to win the championship on 103 points. Scott ‘Sox’ Robinson has been allowed to ask the Elite drivers on how they felt throughout one of the closest seasons in GPRO memory, and relive some great moments from the season gone by.

---S28 Elite Review: Scott ‘Sox’ Robinson---

Elite in S28 was always likely to be a defining moment for at least one person. Four former champions lined up on the grid, two of whom were vying for the Holy Grail fourth GPRO Title, another was going for a natural hat-trick and the other was a seasoned veteran and one of the all-time greats.

A rainy first race in Bahrain was unlikely to make the situation any clearer. A few wily managers saw the early chance to claim some points, and smartly chose to go with Badyears. This gamble paid off, indeed 4 of the top 10 finishers all had Badyear tires fitted. For Mindaugus Sarocka, Marek Marchewka and Vsevolod Demydov the early season points meant the remaining sixteen races could be enjoyed relatively worry free. Meanwhile the podium was filled out by the usual suspects, Justinas beating out Toygun and Wojciech for top spot.

Staying in the Middle East and a relatively mild Yas Marina was the first real chance for managers to show their hands. The top seven finishers would be the same top seven managers in the final standings; however it was Toygun who survived the dust to claim top spot. Triple Champion Zdenek Hladik, who was relatively nowhere during race 1 would demonstrate his legitimate claim as a front runner by claiming third. Wojciech split them in second and Justinas was a lowly fifth.

Race 3 – Singapore – MORE RAIN! Once again, the Badyear runners must have been rubbing their hands together with glee when the news filtered through that the rain was here for the whole race. Marek and Vsevolod took full advantage once again, claiming yet more valuable points finishing fifth and sixth respectively. Veteran Daneks Briatale also took full advantage of the rain to claim his first points of the season finishing a very creditable fourth place. The main shock was Zdenek who simply couldn't get to grips with the wet track, a lack luster Thirty-First place will be a result best forgotten. It was Justinas that was still the man to beat though; a solid performance saw him claim his second win of the season. Wojciech finished second, Leandro scored his first podium of the season in 3rd and, winner in Abu Dhabi, Toygun took a weak seventh.

Race 4 took the drivers to India. The main story here was a puncture mid race for Championship leader Justinas, the history books will show a fortieth pace finish, Justinas had this to say: “I felt quite bad because I lost 8 points probably, but s**t happens and it meant I started to fight even harder!” Either way the race was wide open. In dry conditions, Toygun once again simply too fast, notching his second win of the season. Justinas failing to score allowed Wojciech to leap frog him into first overall, despite finishing second for the fourth race in a row. Evaldas Ruseckas took a very strong third, with Zdenek fifth and Leandro tenth.

The final race of the Asia tour was at the Fuji Speedway in Japan. Evaldas continued his strong form by following up his third in India with a phenomenal first place here. Straight up beating Justinas, Toygun and Leandro who finished second, third and fourth respectively. Zdenek continued his inconsistent results by scraping eighth, while Elite rookie Alan Tansley claimed his best result of the season, and ultimately allowing him to retain, by finishing eleventh.

The next set of races saw the tams head to the Americas, Firstly Brazil, then the USA and finally Canada. Zdenek's roller coaster season continued again as he struggled to find any consistency. A win in front a 130,000 strong Brazilian Crows could was only followed up with a humbling seventh at the Oval and an even more puzzling tenth in Montreal. Justinas, on the other hand, was really starting to turn the screw, two second places saw him retake the lead from Wojciech, but a twelfth in Montreal saw him lose it once again, this time to a flying Toygun who finished fourth, first and second in Brazil, USA and Canada respectively to take a single point lead into the midpoint of the season. Leandro also refused to lie down, scoring two fifth places and a third. The on again off again rain at Indianapolis allowed Dmitiry Kautsou and Alexey Domarev to secure their retention in Elite for another season by finishing sixth and eighth respectively.

Race 9 in Australia saw Justinas restate his claim as favorite, a dominant win saw him hold off the ever up and down Zdenek who played the conditions well to come in second, Toygun claimed third and the extremely consistent Aleksej Sutkin took fourth.

Race 10 in South Africa saw Leandro bounce back from a disappointing eighth and capitalize on a random for Justinas to secure his first win of the season and become the sixth different winner in ten races – The first time that has happened in an Elite season since Season 6. Aleksej continue to impress by finishing second, with Justinas only able to recover to third. Toygun kept the pressure on by finishing fourth, but Wojciech would record his worst result of the season, and also see him not score points for the first time this season.

Race 11 saw the GPRO circuit reach Europe. Spa and the subsequent three races (Austria, France and would see five managers start to pull away. Zdenek would at last start find some consistency, recording a first and three straight third places to move above Wojciech into third overall. The real talking point though was Justinas, a fourth in Spa, followed by three straight wins would see him establish the largest lead held by anyone during the whole season, hitting form at just the right time gave him the psychological advantage that made the tire blowout in India seem like last season. Toygun and Wojciech were simply unable to keep up with Justinas, both held good form, and recorded impressive results, but Toygun's third, fourth, second and fifth, and Wojciech's sixth, second, fourth and second were simply not good enough, and Justinas now looked uncatchable. Leandro continued to make up the numbers, going second, fifth, fifth and fourth to cement his place in the top five. One final mention to Atis Praudins who started fulfilling the potential he'd shown earlier in the season, and from Race 8 onwards never finished outside the points.

Taking an eight point lead into race 15, it was Justinas' to throw away, though Toygun just wouldn't give up. A tepid Estoril would see “TopGun” storm to the top of the podium. Wojciech would record his seventh second place of the season which meant Justinas was relegated to third. Unfortunately for Wojiech, Justinas' third place meant his title bid was mathematically over. Leandro could only muster fourth place which would also mathematically end his hopes for recording that elusive fourth title.

With the race for the championship now down to two, the last two races were lined up to be something special. The penultimate race in Finland saw the cruelest fate dished out to Toygun. Having been out qualified by Justinas, he chose to use a high starting risk though this caused him to be involved in a crash at the start, meaning he would finish thirty-eighth and last. When asked about the incident, Toygun had the following to say: “It was worth the gamble and was very exciting to watch, but [the start crash] cost me my hopes for the title”. He went on to say, “I would do the same thing again though if I had another chance, No risk, No fun!” Justinas cruised home in second place to score 8 points and wrap up his third GPRO title. It was all too little too late for Wojciech, finally getting that elusive first win meant he secured third place overall, and set himself up nicely for the S29.

Race 17 in Germany saw a bitter sweet race win for Toygun. Matching the result of Estoril, Wojciech finished second and Justinas was once again third.

A hearty congratulations to Justinas Smysliajevas on his third GPRO crown, though Toygun must have been left wondering “what if”? Had the race in Finland gone to form, then surely he would have been celebrating a truly famous fourth GPRO title. Season 28 will go down in history as one of the most hotly contested and hardest to predict of all time. Let's hope Season 29 is just as exciting and open. Can Justinas be the first to get 4 GPRO titles, or will the 'curse of three' strike yet another manager? Will Toygun or Zdenek be the first to record the feat or will Leandro or the newly back in Elite Heidi Aareskoski complete their own hattricks. Will a new manager bring home the title, look out for Wojciech, Atis, Evaldas and Aleksej, or will there be a complete unknown?

This is Sox, reporting for the GPRO Newspaper.

---

Meanwhile, Serge Girard has been looking at the tracks that compose the first half of our season 29 calendar, and thinking about which managers it might affect. This is the closest thing any of us can get to FOBY information on the forums, so read with care!

---S29 TRACKS REVIEW: SERGE GIRARD---

Be careful what you wish for.

My mother always said that. «I wish I did not have to go to school» I’d say. «Be careful what you wish for Serge. You could get hit by a truck, wake up in the hospital, be totally paralyzed and never go to school anymore» she’d answered. «I wish I were rich» I’d say. «Be careful what you wish for Serge. You could get burn all over your body, receive millions in damages, and spend your life in misery» she’d say.

Well, I should have paid more attention. The other day I said: «I wish I could write an article for the first edition of the GPRO newspaper. » And now I am task with writing a piece on the first 9 tracks of season 29 and how they will favor different managers in the Elite category.

Now, how the hell do I do that? I’ve never been in Elite. I have not raced all of these tracks. I don’t know anything about the top contender’s driver’s skills. How am I to know what to expect for the first half of the season?

I feel like such an imposter. If only I was one of the top participants to Elite Betting Game or Max’ Top 10. You know, someone like Garry Winship, Alexandru Gujuman or Daniel Francisco, the winners of the last 3 seasons of Max’ Top 10. Or like Rimantas Sagatas, Marcin Kucza and Nico Zou, the last 3 winners of the Elite Betting Game. Now there are experts! On the other hand, even the best of them was wrong 2 out of 3 times. So maybe I can still hope to meet the challenge.

I was sitting on the sofa last night, hanging my head in despair, when my lovely wife sat down next to me. She is the most extraordinary person I know and the only reason I am not impersonating her in GPRO is that it would be wrong. She gently taps me on the shoulder and whispered in my ear: «Do they want to be informed or entertained? »

It was like a revelation! I could hear bells and trumpets; I could see stars and fireworks. Of course! No one is really expecting to learn the great mysteries of GPRO by reading this newspaper. No one expect me to hold the great secret of the future. And even if I did, it would be written FOBY all over. What people want is to read something that will keep them in the GPRO mood, something that will relieve them from the boredom until next race.

So in that context, here is a look at the first half of the season.

First three races

The Buenos Aires circuit, or as it is fondly known in Argentina, the Autódromo Juan y Oscar Gálvez, has hosted some 20 real life Grand Prix, a statistic that contradicts the GPRO official number of 13. This version of the the track as used in GPRO correspond to its modern evolution as used between 1995 and 1998. The former version of the Autódromo was about 1.7 km longer and had a long loop going around the lake nearby. By GPRO standards, it is somewhat slow, with a registered average speed of 185.31 km/h. The in/out of the pit is average, as is the number of curbs. Overtaking is very hard, making good qualification and pit strategy key to winning. Whatever happens during this race, one thing is certain: the brand new car parts will have considerably aged by the finish line.
From Argentina to Brasilia, competitors will go from hard to harder. Even if this second race offers more opportunities for overtaking, the Brazilian track is amongst the most demanding from the stand point of power and handling. Endurance will be the key word, both for the drivers and the machines. Expect a tough race and don’t be surprised to see the first smoking cars or even a few abandons.
After Brasilia, competitors leave South America for the United States. And waiting to welcome them is Indianapolis. Now, don’t make any mistake. We are talking about the controversial oval, noooo! We are talking about its F1 version. You don’t remember it? Considering that the last time GPRO held a Grand Prix there was 7 seasons ago, that should come as no surprised. But don’t worry: our Elite warriors have most likely raced on it and have stashed away the data. Indianapolis is rather equally demanding in power, handling and acceleration. It is easy to overtake on this track, so look out for a lot of change in the pole position. Despite its high fuel consumption, its medium tire wear rating and its enormous 25.5 seconds in and out of the pits, one of most time consuming pit stop of the season, will probably lead many a manager to choose a one or two pit stop strategy.

All in all, the first three races should favored managers with highly evolved cars and experienced drivers. Wear should not be a big factor for the first two races. Expect last year top 5 to be in the midst of events.

The Next Three Races

Montreal. Ah! Montreal! One of the most fun Grand Prix of the Formula 1 Tour. Whereas most of the other tracks have been built miles and miles away from the cites, the Gilles Villeneuve circuit on the Notre-Dame Island sits only minutes from downtown Montreal. Here you can bash into the Grand Prix Festivities, while eating a nice meal at the Bistro Chex Alexandre or having a beer on Crescent Street, where you can see the most beautiful women this side of the Atlantic. Of course, this is only true outside of the web (I am not saying in real life, since life on the F1 tour is anything but real). GPRO and Montreal have had a long lasting lover relationship and Montreal will be hosting this season its 16th GPRO race. The GPRO version is kind of middle of the road, so to speak, in terms of length, number of laps and power rating. Its mere 7 bars of handling put it among the least technical tracks you can find on GPRO, while it rating of 13 of acceleration puts it within the upper tier. With its average overtake rating; expect to see the most aggressive drivers to crowd to podium.

Time now for the GPRO community to leave the Americas and head home to Europe. And the first stop will be Valencia, Spain. Not as well-known as Barcelona within the F1 circles, Valencia is rich of its glorious past as the center of the Kingdom of Valencia. Facing the Mediterranean Sea, Valencia offers breath taking views and a unique mix of historic and ultra-modern architecture. If you are lucky enough to visit Valencia, you might even see the Santo Caliz, believed by many to be the actual Holy Grail. And just as the Holy Grail Quest, the Valencia Street Circuit is both beautiful and difficult. Though the circuit is rated as one of the highest, acceleration wise, don’t expect a repetition of the Montreal overtaking fest. Overtaking at Valencia is officially listed as hard, but if you consider that on the real circuit «there have only been 4 recorded overtakes since (...) 2008, with none of them in 2009», you might want to think very hard indeed. In such a context, good qualification and good pit management will go a long way to insure good result at the finish line.

Leaving the Iberian Peninsula, the GPRO community will then hop to the most famous of all peninsulas: Italy. But here again we will go past the classic tracks such as Monza and Mugello and instead we will stop at the utopia that is Fiorano. In real life, this circuit is privately own by a sympathetic little car company: Ferrari. Ferrari uses this track as testing ground for both its F1 and road cars. Situated just outside the outskirt of the Fiorano Modenese, itself siting somewhere between Bologna and Modena, the Fiorano track is quite outside the touristic circuit! The GPRO version shows surprisingly low ratings, be it for power, handling and acceleration. The latter two are especially troubling, considering how twisted this track is. It is a tough place for cars: tire wear is hard, fuel consumption is very hard and grip is...whatever.

With races 4 to 6, the season is in full speed. By then, machines are starting to need heavy repairs. This will put a lot of strain on each manager’s finances. Within last season top 10 managers, it may be particularly difficult for guys like Aleksej Sutkin, Evaldas Ruseckas and Nico Zou. Each has comparatively little starting money and only one sponsor. They could quickly run out of mulla and be forced to ease down, leaving the other contenders a fair distance from them.

The Last Three Races

Unless you crave to see the Meylandt Castle, which bears resemblance with Moulinsart, the residence of Captain Haddock, Tintin’s friend, you are unlikely to end up near the small town of Heusden-Zolder for anything else than car racing. Zolder, during its short period of grandeur, has been the host of 10 F1 Grand Prix together with other racing sport events such as the UCI Road World Championship and the Motocross des nations. The death of famous Gilles Villeneuve in 1982 marked the beginning of the end for the circuit. Nevertheless, GPRO has been a loyal visitor at Zolder, having already held 8 Grand Prix on the track. With an average speed of 223.26 km/h, Zolder is among the fastest track in the game. The track difficulties spread evenly between power, handling and acceleration. As it is hard to overtake on the Zolder circuit and with low fuel consumption and medium tire wear, it is not uncommon to see managers favor the one pit stop strategy.

Goodbye Belgium, hello La France. Don’t you smell it? Its salty taste is there in the very air you breathe. It is the Sea. What sea? THE Sea, the Mediterranean Sea! And this breeze! That is no breeze, my friend. This is the Mistral playing with mind, trying to lure you off the shore where it can crush you or make you go mad. And this? Can you hear it? It is Marseille; it is the accent du midi. Yes, yes, this is Le Castellet, mon-pa-te-leing-à-moi! And this, this is the most beautiful racing track you will ever see in your life! Unfortunately, GPRO does not feature the people, the sounds and the tastes that make the southern part of France so «picturesque», but its version of the Paul Ricard Circuit is still exciting. With its average speed of 224.11 km/h, its long Mistral Straight for top speed and its wide alley where it is easy to overtake, expect a lot of action both in front and at the end of the peloton.

We are now turning to the second half of the season. Time to expand our horizon. Let us leave behind, if only for a short moment, Europe and its modernity for the mysteries of the East. Let us enter this land and meet this people who stand with one foot in Europe and one foot in the Middle East. As you guessed, I am talking about Turkey. The Istanbul track if you prefer, the Turkish Grand Prix, in one of the newest and trickiest circuit of the F1 tour. Incorporating many of other tracks’ best features, Istanbul is renowned for its hilly topography and for its corner 8, one of the most difficult in F1 according to many drivers. One should always be weary of crashes and spin off when racing there. Istanbul is one of the longest races of the season and it ranks in the upper tier in both power and acceleration rating. And if the previous two tracks were among the fastest, this one is even faster.

At the stage of the season, raw talent won’t be enough. Experience will be key to success. Now may be thinking about driver’s experience and of course you are right. But let us not neglect managers’ experience. And when it comes to manager’s experience, there is plenty to be found the last season Elite top 10. Just consider that Justinas Smyšliajevas, Leandro Sereno, Aleksej Sutkin and Evaldas Ruseckas have all been racing in each and every GPRO season since the official kick off in August 2006. And what about Toygun Senler who has been in Elite for the last 17 season, a feat that is dwarfed by Leandro Sereno’s 27 Elite season streak (counting this season)!

How will this wonderful guys fare during the first half of season 29? It is hard to tell even for the most experienced GPRO observers. What is certain, though, is that there will be plenty of excitement. Most will wish they could spend all their time racing and watching. But as my mother would say: be careful what you wish for...
---
Well, that’s a brilliant review from Serge, and I’m sure all on the newspaper team wish him the best of luck in the Amateur-22 league this season.

Unfortunately this is all we could get for our ‘Issue 0’ Season 29 preview. But if you want to be part of the team, simply send a PM to me (Sam Dulledge – Rookie 80) and a short introduction about what you could do for the newspaper. After all, the more people we have working on the newspaper, the less people will actually have to do towards it!

We at the GPRO team wish you the best of luck for the start of season 29, and we hope to be able to post our next issue out soon!
---

For our next issue, I thought it would be nice to have a quick interview with one of the many managers taking part in the Elite challenge (reset to Rookie and try to get to Elite) as a way of being able to see the differences in each tier. If you are interested please PM me!
Teoh Hao Yang
(Csoport Amateur - 15)

Hsz.: 403
  Ország:
Malájzia 
Teszt: 
Tetszik (2)   Nem tetszik (2)
Régi hozzászólás #2 Elküldve: 2012. január 12. 12:35:28 Idézet 
Sam,you're the man!
Varun Dua
(Csoport Retired)

Hsz.: 666
  Ország:
India 
Teszt: 
Tetszik (2)   Nem tetszik (1)
Régi hozzászólás #3 Elküldve: 2012. január 12. 12:36:16 Idézet 
Too good =D....super like!!
Dimitar Germanov
(Csoport Amateur - 54)

Hsz.: 248
  Ország:
Bulgária 
Teszt: 
Régi hozzászólás #4 Elküldve: 2012. január 12. 12:39:50 (módosítva: 2012. január 12. 12:43:23 Dimitar Germanov által) Idézet 
Bravo!
Gareth Love
(Csoport Amateur - 63)

Hsz.: 1593
  Ország:
Anglia 
Teszt: 
Tetszik (3)   Nem tetszik (1)
Régi hozzászólás #5 Elküldve: 2012. január 12. 12:41:59 Idézet 
Good read! Thanks

Hope the people putting the thumbs down are letting Sam and the guys know why so that they can make it better for them
Sam Dulledge
(Csoport Rookie - 80)

Téma moderátor
  Ország:
Anglia 
Teszt: 
Régi hozzászólás #6 Elküldve: 2012. január 12. 12:43:27 Idézet 
Quote ( Gareth Love @ January 12th 2012,12:41:59 )

Hope the people putting the thumbs down are letting Sam and the guys know why so that they can make it better for them

I've not received any messages yet, but I'm open to discussion!

GPRO Newspaper promise not to hack into your phones...
Franco Dei Cas
(Csoport Pro - 2)

Hsz.: 2906
  Ország:
Olaszország 
Teszt: 
Tetszik (7)   Nem tetszik (1)
Régi hozzászólás #7 Elküldve: 2012. január 12. 12:44:27 Idézet 
Good effort Sam :)

Would be great to make it, less a pain to read, using tags and having mod rights on the thread would help, IMO, so you can use colors, different size for text, to highlight different sections and so on, i'm in to give you a hand on that if you need to :)
Sam Dulledge
(Csoport Rookie - 80)

Téma moderátor
  Ország:
Anglia 
Teszt: 
Régi hozzászólás #8 Elküldve: 2012. január 12. 12:47:00 Idézet 
Quote ( Franco Dei Cas @ January 12th 2012,12:44:27 )

using tags and having mod rights on the thread would help, IMO, so you can use colors, different size for text, to highlight different sections and so on

That is something I've realised, if anyone knows how to make this possible for future issues then I'll be sure to use that!
Sam Poe
(Csoport Rookie - 50)

Hsz.: 60
  Ország:
Indonézia 
Teszt: 
Régi hozzászólás #9 Elküldve: 2012. január 12. 12:51:07 (módosítva: 2012. január 12. 13:01:47 Sam Poe által) Idézet 

great newspaper sam, well done
Dylan Edwards
(Csoport Amateur - 53)

Hsz.: 728
  Ország:
Wales 
Teszt: 
Tetszik (3)   Nem tetszik (1)
Régi hozzászólás #10 Elküldve: 2012. január 12. 12:52:27 Idézet 
Quote ( Sam Dulledge @ January 12th 2012,12:43:27 )

GPRO Newspaper promise not to hack into your phones...

Pahaha, love it!

As someone who is struggling to find time to play my own game, never mind follow the big leagues, I found this really fantastic and really fascinating. I would seriously advise you to try and open a website / blog and put the Newspaper entries into that.

Obviously you can still post it on the GPRO website but you can keep a really nice archive of Newspapers that way, would instantly subscribe to that! :)

Maybe if you have some sort of outsource for your newspaper you can rope more people in to cover the best of Master, Pro, Amateur and Rookie? Obviously not cover every group in particular, that would be a nightmare :P

Thumbs Up from me!!
Franco Dei Cas
(Csoport Pro - 2)

Ország:
Olaszország 
Teszt: 
Régi hozzászólás #11 Elküldve: 2012. január 12. 12:56:50 Idézet 
The last GPRO newspaper was on an external web-site, you can have a look at that, not sure if it would require more effort or not then doing it here directly.

Tajinder Singh
(Csoport Amateur - 38)

Hsz.: 1220
  Ország:
India 
Teszt: 
Régi hozzászólás #12 Elküldve: 2012. január 12. 13:01:59 Idézet 
great effort put in and got excellent result
Aki Perätalo
(Csoport Pro - 4)

Hsz.: 3028
  Ország:
Finnország 
Teszt: 
Régi hozzászólás #13 Elküldve: 2012. január 12. 13:03:18 (módosítva: 2012. január 12. 13:08:40 Aki Perätalo által) Idézet 
Quote ( Franco Dei Cas @ January 12th 2012,12:56:50 )

The last GPRO newspaper was on an external web-site, you can have a look at that, not sure if it would require more effort or not then doing it here directly.

IMHO This way is better, with mod toys this would be even better :)
Dylan Edwards
(Csoport Amateur - 53)

Ország:
Wales 
Teszt: 
Tetszik (1)   Nem tetszik (1)
Régi hozzászólás #14 Elküldve: 2012. január 12. 13:09:39 Idézet 
Could you link me up with the external website Franco? Wouldn't mind having a look for comparison :)
Michael Monaco
(Csoport Amateur - 54)

Hsz.: 3849
  Ország:
Olaszország 
Teszt: 
Régi hozzászólás #15 Elküldve: 2012. január 12. 13:10:32 (módosítva: 2012. január 13. 16:37:31 Sam Dulledge által) Idézet 
Quote ( Serge Girard @ January 12th 2012,12:23:47 )

She is the most extraordinary person I know and the only reason I am not impersonating her in GPRO is that it would be wrong.

BAHAHAHA... best part of the entire article. Kudos
Franco Dei Cas
(Csoport Pro - 2)

Ország:
Olaszország 
Teszt: 
Tetszik (0)   Nem tetszik (1)
Régi hozzászólás #16 Elküldve: 2012. január 12. 13:18:48 Idézet 
Quote ( Dylan Edwards @ January 12th 2012,13:09:39 )

Could you link me up with the external website Franco? Wouldn't mind having a look for comparison :)

http://www.openzine.com/aspx/Zine.aspx?IssueID=14357

Quote ( Aki Perätalo @ January 12th 2012,13:03:18 )

IMHO This way is better, with mod toys this would be even better :)

Yep, i'd probably like it more in the forum, if done nicely :)
Dylan Edwards
(Csoport Amateur - 53)

Ország:
Wales 
Teszt: 
Régi hozzászólás #17 Elküldve: 2012. január 12. 13:30:15 (módosítva: 2012. január 12. 13:31:40 Dylan Edwards által) Idézet 
Okay yeah that website is a bit difficult to navigate around, I would recommend using something like WordPress, you can make some really cool blog type website that would work much better.

It should be a simple Copy/Paste to get a post up on an external blog site such as WordPress, sometimes I find it extremely difficult to follow things on the forums here because it's so fast paced!
Lynda Jones
(Csoport Rookie - 87)

Hsz.: 8
  Ország:
Spanyolország 
Teszt: 
Régi hozzászólás #18 Elküldve: 2012. január 12. 14:06:31 Idézet 
Well done guys, that was really interesting, keep up the good work
Janne Väänänen
(Csoport Master - 4)

Hsz.: 4888
  Ország:
Finnország 
Teszt: 
Régi hozzászólás #19 Elküldve: 2012. január 12. 14:37:15 Idézet 
Just quoteing every article in a different quotetag would make it way cleaner - otherwise awesome job guys! Well done, enjoyed especially that track description part.
Sam Dulledge
(Csoport Rookie - 80)

Téma moderátor
  Ország:
Anglia 
Teszt: 
Tetszik (1)   Nem tetszik (0)
Régi hozzászólás #20 Elküldve: 2012. január 12. 15:38:10 Idézet 
Quote ( Dylan Edwards @ January 12th 2012,12:52:27 )

Maybe if you have some sort of outsource for your newspaper you can rope more people in to cover the best of Master, Pro, Amateur and Rookie?

That's the plan Dylan, but we do need more journalists to cover (say, 1 from each tier each issue/race)

A possibility I've been PM'd about is putting the newspapers on a website as an archive should people want to read specific articles from past papers and don't want to trawl through the forums...
Janarthanan Siva Kumar
(Csoport Amateur - 53)

Hsz.: 685
  Ország:
India 
Teszt: 
Tetszik (2)   Nem tetszik (0)
Régi hozzászólás #21 Elküldve: 2012. január 12. 16:00:52 Idézet 
Fantastic job Sam.

Keep it up mate :)
Keri Lovell
(Csoport Master - 1)

Hsz.: 10079
  Ország:
Wales 
Teszt: 
Tetszik (4)   Nem tetszik (0)
Régi hozzászólás #22 Elküldve: 2012. január 12. 16:07:34 Idézet 
Really well written, interesting to read, only thing I would say is that not only all about Elite, its also only about 10 managers in Elite

David Rolleston1
(Csoport Elite)

Hsz.: 2618
  Ország:
Skócia 
Teszt: 
Régi hozzászólás #23 Elküldve: 2012. január 12. 16:14:11 Idézet 
Enjoyed reading that, a well put together piece by all concerned
Alain Day
(Csoport Amateur - 48)

Hsz.: 436
  Ország:
Anglia 
Teszt: 
Régi hozzászólás #24 Elküldve: 2012. január 12. 16:37:25 Idézet 
That is brilliant what you've done Sam. all that time you've put in. It was very good & look forward to this season. I've got 1 good idea though, how about ask a few others if they could help you with talking about not just the elite group but other groups from Master all the way down to rookie.

Obviously because there's a lot of Rookie groups & there's a fair amount of Amateur groups maybe the people to help u out with them groups could just talk about a few of the best groups of possibly up to 5.

I certainly wouldn't mind helping u with possibly a few groups so then all of the groups get a say
Daniel Irimia
(Csoport Amateur - 14)

Hsz.: 155
  Ország:
Anglia 
Teszt: 
Régi hozzászólás #25 Elküldve: 2012. január 12. 16:40:54 Idézet 
Some news about master is ok .. but for the other groups i think the intersting/funny/bizzare/... would be enough. Maybe a team section and/or a team cup section would be a nice addition as well.
Alan Tansley
(Csoport Elite)

Hsz.: 3097
  Ország:
Anglia 
Teszt: 
Régi hozzászólás #26 Elküldve: 2012. január 12. 16:42:18 (módosítva: 2012. január 13. 16:37:04 Sam Dulledge által) Idézet 
Quote ( Serge Girard @ January 12th 2012,12:23:47 )

when my lovely wife sat down next to me. She is the most extraordinary person I know and the only reason I am not impersonating her in GPRO is that it would be wrong.

Best quote I've seen in a long time! (excluding those made about diamond encrusted soda stream machines by Gordon Ramsay's midget lookalike).
Jordan Jeffery
(Csoport Pro - 13)

Hsz.: 538
  Ország:
Anglia 
Teszt: 
Régi hozzászólás #27 Elküldve: 2012. január 12. 18:03:17 Idézet 
Nice work mate!
Michael Sherrington
(Csoport Rookie - 248)

Hsz.: 537
  Ország:
Anglia 
Teszt: 
Tetszik (0)   Nem tetszik (0)
Régi hozzászólás #28 Elküldve: 2012. január 12. 19:23:28 Idézet 
Well put together and an intereresting read,thanks for the hard work on putting that together, hoping to read more.
Michael Monaco
(Csoport Amateur - 54)

Hsz.: 3849
  Ország:
Olaszország 
Teszt: 
Régi hozzászólás #29 Elküldve: 2012. január 12. 23:31:17 Idézet 
Quote ( Alan Tansley @ January 12th 2012,16:42:18 )

Best quote I've seen in a long time! (excluding those made about diamond encrusted soda stream machines by Gordon Ramsay's midget lookalike).

Awww... we say the exact same thing... I got a thumbs down and you got a thumbs up!!! hmph! :P

I'll still give you another thumbs up. :)
Serge Girard
(Csoport Amateur - 22)

Hsz.: 1173
  Ország:
Kanada 
Teszt: 
Régi hozzászólás #30 Elküldve: 2012. január 13. 02:41:52 Idézet 
Glad you liked it guys. :)
Oldal [12 » Ugrás erre az oldalra:
Grand Prix Racing Online Fórum > News & interviews forum > GPRO NEWSPAPER: ISSUE 0 (SEASON 29 PREVIEW) A téma tiltólistára helyezése Téma hozzáadása a figyelőlistához

Válasz erre a témára