Vladimir Alexandrov
(Adminisztrátor)

GPRO személyzet
Hsz.: 8568
  Ország:
Bulgária 
Teszt: 
Tetszik (51)   Nem tetszik (42)
Régi hozzászólás #1 Elküldve: 2016. június 4. 12:04:05 (módosítva: 2016. június 4. 12:11:00 Vladimir Alexandrov által) Idézet 
Let's have a bit of a discussion.

Every couple of days I get passionate messages from managers who claim to either have fallen victim to a bug in the game that messed up their car update or who've had their account hacked and someone downgraded a few of their car parts to sabotage them. The stories I've heard are endless. There is also the third kind who simply say they did a mistake and ask me to kindly undo their mistake.

In 100% of the cases there is no bug and no hacking so I kindly redirect them to the appropriate page from the Wiki ( http://wiki.gpro.net/index.php?title=I_Did_A_Mistake ) and tell them why I can't undo their mistake, that it is our strict policy and they should bear the consequences for it. In 90% of the cases I get shit thrown back at me, they tell me how they will no longer support the game, how they will quit playing as their long term planning has been ruined, how lazy the crew is, etc. Now I've gotten tired of this and am very close to calling Phil and tell him to smash some faces.

The only way I see that I could get rid of this kind of time consuming and fruitless discussions is if the undo feature is built in to the game. It could obviously only be available if no further actions have been done. But it also makes sense to implement it as a supporter (pay per use) feature. It does not really give any direct advantage to people who can buy supporter credits and can be used only when something really bad happens, at such time for anyone it is better to have the option to undo things than have no option at all and get sour with the admins instead. It may also help a bit with the retention of players while at the same time it will hopefully generate some revenue to further support the game in the rare cases when it will be used.

So what is the general opinion if this was implemented? Give me some thoughts and thumbs.
Kshitij Sharma
(Csoport Master - 1)

Hsz.: 2740
  Ország:
India 
Teszt: 
Tetszik (2)   Nem tetszik (2)
Régi hozzászólás #2 Elküldve: 2016. június 4. 12:09:22 Idézet 
i think it would be good for new players as well as experienced players who just make a small mistake which can cost them races of planning .

so using this after paying credits say 0.5 euro would be a good addition.
thumbs up
Alexey Manukalov
(Csoport Elite)

Hsz.: 982
  Ország:
Oroszország 
Teszt: 
Tetszik (9)   Nem tetszik (2)
Régi hozzászólás #3 Elküldve: 2016. június 4. 12:10:15 Idézet 
Leave it as it is.
Perhaps, the poll would be nice.
Steven Hill
(Csoport Amateur - 88)

Hsz.: 1277
  Ország:
Ausztrália 
Teszt: 
Tetszik (9)   Nem tetszik (4)
Régi hozzászólás #4 Elküldve: 2016. június 4. 12:15:14 Idézet 
I disagree with the implementation of this feature.

This has been in the game from it's conception and should stay as it is. I have made this mistake on a couple of occasions and have lived with it. It is only for one race and yo get back on track. Yes it may ruin a managers season but not to the degree some people think it does.

If it was implemented then it should only be for new players in their first 17 races and that is it.
Andrew Wilden
(Csoport Amateur - 110)

Hsz.: 1502
  Ország:
Ausztrália 
Teszt: 
Tetszik (1)   Nem tetszik (2)
Régi hozzászólás #5 Elküldve: 2016. június 4. 12:16:46 (módosítva: 2016. június 4. 12:25:18 Andrew Wilden által) Idézet 
Hi Vlad,

I personally have no objections,
As long as;

Quote ( Vladimir Alexandrov @ June 4th 2016,12:04:05 )

It could obviously only be available if no further actions have been done

This is implemented.

I think a time limit for a correction should also be applied, say 10 minutes for example

It should also be policed, similar to Holiday Mode, so that it is not abused. Hell, everyone makes a mistake now & then.

But it also makes sense to implement it as a supporter (pay per use) feature.

Goes against GPRO's "Play for Free" policy, but in this instance I don't see a problem
EDIT; For those against it as a Supporter ONLY feature, what about a compromise to keep the masses happy.
Everyone has one FREE, each season, after that you need to be a Supporter to use this feature

Will certainly help you save time without dealing with so many CRAP messages.

Overall a Good idea IMO.
Alexei Malkin
(Csoport Pro - 2)

Hsz.: 2615
  Ország:
Oroszország 
Teszt: 
Tetszik (6)   Nem tetszik (0)
Régi hozzászólás #6 Elküldve: 2016. június 4. 12:16:53 (módosítva: 2016. június 4. 12:19:43 Alexei Malkin által) Idézet 
bad idea.

It could obviously only be available if no further actions have been done.

This is the one thing that I can agree. But I think that better to realise it by another way.
This is only an alternative (If you really will decide to do something with that)

What we have now:
when we push a "repair" button, we get a messagebox which we need to confirm.

What I offer:
when we push repair button, new table will create, where we can see new car parts levels and wearing, which should looks the same like original table (I mean high wearing car parts should be orange).
Or it can be just additional columns.
And next with the table we can see new money balance.
And after that we should to confirm this data.
I believe it should be useful.

But it also makes sense to implement it as a supporter (pay per use) feature.

a tripple NO

Quote ( Alexey Manukalov @ June 4th 2016,12:10:15 )

Leave it as it is.

but really I agree with Alexey. This is the best option.
Constantin Heller
(Csoport Rookie - 99)

Hsz.: 2462
  Ország:
Németország 
Teszt: 
Tetszik (8)   Nem tetszik (0)
Régi hozzászólás #7 Elküldve: 2016. június 4. 12:17:55 Idézet 
I feel like if you implement this feature, it shouldn´t be supporters only. You shouldn´t be able to pay for undoing your mistakes. That would give a big advantage to supporters (that make mistakes) and makes no sense if your reasoning was that nobody´s mistakes should be fixed.
However, I am in favor of this feature. Maybe you could somehow program it to be usable only maybe 5 times in a season. Everyone can make mistakes and it just really sucks if you demote just because you accidentally hit the Enter key.
Kshitij Sharma
(Csoport Master - 1)

Ország:
India 
Teszt: 
Tetszik (2)   Nem tetszik (3)
Régi hozzászólás #8 Elküldve: 2016. június 4. 12:21:19 Idézet 
it should be limited to 3 mistakes per season or less
Alex Nikodem-Wing
(Csoport Pro - 13)

Hsz.: 1744
  Ország:
Anglia 
Teszt: 
Tetszik (0)   Nem tetszik (0)
Régi hozzászólás #9 Elküldve: 2016. június 4. 12:25:16 (módosítva: 2016. június 4. 12:28:34 Alex Nikodem-Wing által) Idézet 
I sort of agree with it. Mistakes happen so in a way I think that it makes sense to do. But with this suggestion would it not make sense to be able to undo staff upgrades or downgrades, tyre contracts, driver training etc.

Also I think you are still going to get the person who makes a mistake then driver trains, notices their mistake and then complains that they can't undo, if you could undo other things this would be solved.

Alternatively using this you use this feature to trick people into doing things. I am not sure if people to do this but if someone saw somebody buying lots of parts they might act differently only to realise that later someone has later undone these actions. Especially in the higher groups when there might be 4 people pushing for promo you would likely be trying to look at what actions they did. To stop this possibly leave the possibility of undoing things to only within 30 minutes of the action being conducted.

Otherwise I think it might be nice to give people 1 undo each season for free and then make them pay for each undo after it. but then this would probally kill any revenue you would get from it

So in conclusion:

>what about undoing other things
>possibly limiting the amount of time after an action that it can then be undone.
>Possibly 1 free undo per season

otherwise I think a good idea.

The question is will introducing this feature make more people unhappy (probally long term supporters) than it would make happy and more likely to support the game. This is something only the community as a whole can answer, so I support the idea of a full poll, such as the one we had for shorter resets.
Danny Bayliss
(Csoport Elite)

Hsz.: 508
  Ország:
Anglia 
Teszt: 
Tetszik (12)   Nem tetszik (2)
Régi hozzászólás #10 Elküldve: 2016. június 4. 12:27:02 Idézet 
I think it is fine as it is...mistakes at some level should be punished...

But if the majority disagree with me then it should definitely not be a supporter feature IMO.
Nicolaas Van Waveren
(Csoport Rookie - 262)

Hsz.: 7
  Ország:
Dél-Afrika 
Teszt: 
Tetszik (16)   Nem tetszik (4)
Régi hozzászólás #11 Elküldve: 2016. június 4. 12:27:42 Idézet 
Undo first mistake for $500 000.
Undo second mistake for $1 000 000.
Undo third mistake for $2 000 000.

And staff morale drop.

In real life F1 teams make mistakes to and it does more often than not cost them money.
Constantin Heller
(Csoport Rookie - 99)

Hsz.: 2462
  Ország:
Németország 
Teszt: 
Régi hozzászólás #12 Elküldve: 2016. június 4. 12:32:30 Idézet 
It would maybe make sense to have some free undos (1-3) and after that you have to pay with ingame money?
Also, why not make it so you can´t undo it once you´ve left the page? Of course, it would suck for people whose browser crashes a lot...
Janne Väänänen
(Csoport Amateur - 5)

Hsz.: 4888
  Ország:
Finnország 
Teszt: 
Tetszik (10)   Nem tetszik (1)
Régi hozzászólás #13 Elküldve: 2016. június 4. 12:40:09 Idézet 
Never for the pay per undo feature. Never-ever. That crosses the line.

However, nicolaas idea of possibility of paying ingame money for mistake click corrections is a great idea imho
Martti Kaasik
(Csoport Amateur - 1)

Hsz.: 1223
  Ország:
Észtország 
Teszt: 
Tetszik (1)   Nem tetszik (0)
Régi hozzászólás #14 Elküldve: 2016. június 4. 12:42:05 Idézet 
I'm sure every one has made once or couple of times that mistake. So have I. You beat your self for it but mistake is still yours. In RL you rarely can correct your mistakes. When you drop your phone you don't have 10 sec time bank to correct than mistake or accident. But this is game so there is some reasoning to implement it.
Limited time and maybe just ONCE a season. If you continue making same mistake then there is no point have change to change it every time you want.
I'm a supporter and probably will continue being it for long time but I still don't think it would be right to have it just for supporters or pay per use.
Understanding earning side of the game than maybe non supporters once per season and supporters 2 times... that might get people more interested in supporting but not giving huge advantage.
Damir Hictaler
(Csoport Amateur - 68)

Hsz.: 518
  Ország:
Horvátország 
Teszt: 
Tetszik (1)   Nem tetszik (2)
Régi hozzászólás #15 Elküldve: 2016. június 4. 12:55:56 Idézet 
I don't know. people in real F1 make mistakes and others benefit from them. People will whine about everything and knocking on wrong door, but if they really want to be better, they need to stop making mistakes and blaming others.
On the other hand if someone continues to make same mistakes, why not charge him and make him pay ? :)
He obviously won't get better, so there's no real advantage in undo option for him.
Fran Betancort
(Csoport Master - 5)

Hsz.: 2945
  Ország:
Spanyolország 
Teszt: 
Tetszik (15)   Nem tetszik (5)
Régi hozzászólás #16 Elküldve: 2016. június 4. 13:01:33 Idézet 
So basically, if you pay your mistakes aren´t such a big problem, but if you don´t pay you need to live with your mistakes. Seriously Vlad?

"Hi, I´m Vlad. Welcome to GPRO, if you pay me you can undo your errors, if you don´t pay, I´m sorry, be more careful next time"
Sven Bojkowski
(Csoport Pro - 16)

Hsz.: 1207
  Ország:
Svédország 
Teszt: 
Tetszik (3)   Nem tetszik (0)
Régi hozzászólás #17 Elküldve: 2016. június 4. 13:01:45 Idézet 
Can't say I'm too bothered either way.

But if the idea is to eliminate admin abuse, making it a supporter only feature isn't likely to eliminate all admin abuse is it?
Robin Goodey
(Csoport Pro - 14)

Hsz.: 2096
  Ország:
Anglia 
Teszt: 
Régi hozzászólás #18 Elküldve: 2016. június 4. 13:06:20 (módosítva: 2016. június 4. 13:08:22 Robin Goodey által) Idézet 
100% no to it being a supporter only feature - that is then making it a pay-to-win feature (or in this case pay to undo mistakes) - after all, you DO already have a confirmation box.....

Don't think it is necessary at all really, but if it HAD to come in (in order to try and improve retention and reduce abuse to staff), then strictly restrict it to once a season, and only if no other changes have been made in the meantime (training, testing, practice, quali, facilities etc)

@ Kshitj - that is an extra confirmation box, not a re-do - totally different....
Kshitij Sharma
(Csoport Master - 1)

Ország:
India 
Teszt: 
Régi hozzászólás #19 Elküldve: 2016. június 4. 13:06:52 Idézet 
currently dont you pay to avoid mistakes in practice and qualify about tyres only supporters see that message
Nikolay Ivanov
(Csoport Pro - 19)

Hsz.: 798
  Ország:
Bulgária 
Teszt: 
Régi hozzászólás #20 Elküldve: 2016. június 4. 13:09:20 (módosítva: 2016. június 4. 13:10:00 Nikolay Ivanov által) Idézet 
I have my fair share of botched car updates so this would be great. Sometimes you do your setup in a hurry and just forget do downgrade one part.... your race is over before it began.

Just put some fee like 1-2million to prevent the feature being abused.
Marko Stojčev
(Csoport Amateur - 106)

Hsz.: 922
  Ország:
Szerbia 
Teszt: 
Tetszik (7)   Nem tetszik (1)
Régi hozzászólás #21 Elküldve: 2016. június 4. 13:21:30 (módosítva: 2016. június 4. 13:22:29 Marko Stojčev által) Idézet 
I wouldn't change anything, but if it has to happen, then my vote is:

Big NO to supporter only feature.

Big YES for limited number of undos per season (2 or 3 times looks sensible enough).

And btw, if an Elite manager says that he's done this mistake through his career, and yet he still reached the highest class, or maybe won the titles, then it's not a fatal career ending error, is it?
Virgis Lyss
(Csoport Pro - 4)

Hsz.: 535
  Ország:
Litvánia 
Teszt: 
Tetszik (4)   Nem tetszik (8)
Régi hozzászólás #22 Elküldve: 2016. június 4. 13:25:34 Idézet 
1. This feature is harmless to anyone.
2. This feature gives no any advantage in this game - race, budget, driver skills or w/e.
3. This feature can make some people happy. Limited number, for a limited time, but then look at #1 and #2.
4. This game is about racing and money managing, NOT about punishment for humanly mistakes. And it's a GAME - so it's supposed to give positive emotions.
So sure it could be implemented. Maybe with a counter of uses and with a timer, to prevent any side use. Btw, simply because of that it can not be charged by games money, as it would appear as another possible money sink at the end of the season and could be used for the gain.
And to all haters - if I'd be 007 with the appropriate license, you'd won't last long :D
Janne Kuokkanen
(Csoport Amateur - 59)

Hsz.: 1270
  Ország:
Finnország 
Teszt: 
Tetszik (6)   Nem tetszik (0)
Régi hozzászólás #23 Elküldve: 2016. június 4. 13:26:13 Idézet 
my opinion is if you fix 1 thing, they just move to another thing to complain about. so its a lose/lose tbh :(
Giuseppe Masciandaro
(Csoport Amateur - 76)

Hsz.: 1557
  Ország:
Olaszország 
Teszt: 
Tetszik (2)   Nem tetszik (1)
Régi hozzászólás #24 Elküldve: 2016. június 4. 13:29:28 Idézet 
simply ignore the moaning and say goodby to the leavers ... all the rest makes no sense!
Fran Betancort
(Csoport Master - 5)

Hsz.: 2945
  Ország:
Spanyolország 
Teszt: 
Tetszik (12)   Nem tetszik (0)
Régi hozzászólás #25 Elküldve: 2016. június 4. 13:33:26 Idézet 
Quote ( Virgis Lyss @ June 4th 2016,13:25:34 )

1. This feature is harmless to anyone.
2. This feature gives no any advantage in this game - race, budget, driver skills or w/e.
3. This feature can make some people happy. Limited number, for a limited time, but then look at #1 and #2.
4. This game is about racing and money managing, NOT about punishment for humanly mistakes. And it's a GAME - so it's supposed to give positive emotions.
So sure it could be implemented. Maybe with a counter of uses and with a timer, to prevent any side use. Btw, simply because of that it can not be charged by games money, as it would appear as another possible money sink at the end of the season and could be used for the gain.

Nobody has said it´s bad until now, what most comments here say is that if implemented it should be for ALL MANAGERS.

Where is the positive emotion the game gives you if a manager who pays real money can avoid a mistake and other who can´t pay need to have his season ruined for that mistake?

If this is implemented what´s next:

Pay to change your tyres after qualy closed because you didn´t realize you are on wrong tyres (wet/dry)?
Pay to undo upgrades because you forgot to train your driver and staff, or start a test, before going into negative, train it, and upgrade car again?
Pay to repeat a testing stint because you used wrong tyres and didn´t do all laps?

This is a management game, better management means less mistakes. If you stuill want to give the managers the option to correct them, fine, great, amazing feature as pop up comfirmations etc, but do it for EVERYONE, and not only for those who pay.

And all this said, I´ve always been a supporter and intend to keep it like that. And despite it, I find it pretty unfair to those who aren´t supporters.
Michael Winkley
(Csoport Pro - 12)

Hsz.: 33335
  Ország:
Wales 
Teszt: 
Tetszik (7)   Nem tetszik (1)
Régi hozzászólás #26 Elküldve: 2016. június 4. 13:33:46 Idézet 
Quote ( Alexey Manukalov @ June 4th 2016,12:10:15 )

Leave it as it is.

Just don't make it a Yes/No poll. ;p

I'd be open to it, but only if it also came with a grid penalty.
Alex Herban
(Csoport Amateur - 30)

Hsz.: 524
  Ország:
Románia 
Teszt: 
Tetszik (2)   Nem tetszik (1)
Régi hozzászólás #27 Elküldve: 2016. június 4. 13:33:56 Idézet 
wrong tyres pop up

q1 enough to be on grid

undo car upgrade

what's next?
Daniel Nikolov
(Csoport Amateur - 70)

Hsz.: 204
  Ország:
Bulgária 
Teszt: 
Tetszik (0)   Nem tetszik (3)
Régi hozzászólás #28 Elküldve: 2016. június 4. 13:34:04 Idézet 
The benefits from such feature are much more, then the small negative sides. I think it is better done with supporter feature, than with game $.
Nikolay Ivanov
(Csoport Pro - 19)

Hsz.: 798
  Ország:
Bulgária 
Teszt: 
Tetszik (3)   Nem tetszik (0)
Régi hozzászólás #29 Elküldve: 2016. június 4. 13:34:41 Idézet 
Quote ( Marko Stojčev @ June 4th 2016,13:21:30 )

And btw, if an Elite manager says that he's done this mistake through his career, and yet he still reached the highest class, or maybe won the titles, then it's not a fatal career ending error, is it?

Of course it's not a career end. You can recover from one mistake.

But that's not the point is it? The point is with thousands of players enough will make the mistake every race and fill up our admin's mailbox with stories of hacked accounts, bugs, the aliens changing their car parts, or it's an evil plot from the Illuminati :P

I think Vlad can spend his time on other things rather than hunting ghost hackers, don't you?
Rafael Mantovani
(Csoport Master - 4)

Hsz.: 8205
  Ország:
Brazília 
Teszt: 
Tetszik (5)   Nem tetszik (2)
Régi hozzászólás #30 Elküldve: 2016. június 4. 13:35:02 Idézet 
I understand that it is a common mistake amongst rookies who are still learning the game.
Then... maybe it should be a feature available for the first 17 (or 34, can be discussed) races for an specific manager.
After that he/she would get the hang of it and wouldn't need that feature.
I've done it myself a couple of times and I survived :)

Ps: I vote 'no' to it being a supporter-only feature.
Oldal [12 3 ... 7 8 9 » Ugrás erre az oldalra:

Válasz erre a témára