Grand Prix Racing Online Fórum > Newbie forum > Why my car is so behind in Rookie? A téma tiltólistára helyezése Téma hozzáadása a figyelőlistához
Oldal [1
Szerző Téma: Why my car is so behind in Rookie? 11 válasz
Emerson Xavier
(Csoport Rookie - 67)

Hsz.: 2
  Ország:
Ausztrália 
Teszt: 
Régi hozzászólás #1 Elküldve: 2021. november 24. 23:06:39 Idézet 
Hello,
I'm having a hard time understanding why my car is so different from everyone else's in Rookie.

I don't know whether it's my driver or what. I upgraded some parts to level 2, so now I am with Power:26, Handling: 24, Acceleration: 22, despite the game tutorials not recommending spending money to upgrade your car. I don't see how I would get promoted otherwise.

I know each track I race is the first time, but I spend time calculating fuel and tyre usage for a decent number of stops and somehow I'm still far behind (I still manage to gain 1 or 2 places).

I was expecting everyone would be quite on the same level, but this isn't the case. Seeking advice from those who got promoted, please.

Cheers.
Gareth Griffiths
(Csoport Amateur - 63)

Hsz.: 526
  Ország:
Kanada 
Teszt: 
Tetszik (0)   Nem tetszik (0)
Régi hozzászólás #2 Elküldve: 2021. november 24. 23:10:46 Idézet 
A car needs someone to drive it. Maybe take a look there
André de Carvalho
(Csoport Amateur - 75)

Hsz.: 447
  Ország:
Brazília 
Teszt: 
Tetszik (3)   Nem tetszik (0)
Régi hozzászólás #3 Elküldve: 2021. november 24. 23:16:08 Idézet 
The tutorials don't tell you that you shouldn't upgrade your car, it tells you to not do it before wearing out your car parts at least by some, and not over do it. It's race 17 of the season, people will have better cars now, just check it the money and car levels page. Also, like mentioned above, driver is the most important thing in rookie, so that might just be your biggest issue.

James Boylan
(Csoport Master - 1)

Hsz.: 102
  Ország:
Kanada 
Teszt: 
Tetszik (4)   Nem tetszik (0)
Régi hozzászólás #4 Elküldve: 2021. november 24. 23:26:16 Idézet 
Emerson a couple of things to note.

You did start half way through the season so your car would probably be behind everyone else that started at the beginning of the season. On the plus side, after next race (Last one of the season), everyone in rookie will get reset back to level 1 cars, and $30,000,000 (plus bonuses if eligible) for next season and you will all be on a level playing field. (The reset ONLY happens in rookie).

The biggest problem I am guessing you will be having is the setup of the car. This takes a lot of time to figure out for each part. I would HIGHLY recommend joining a team, and I am sure they will be able to give some pointers on how to get a better car setup. This is probably the most difficult aspect for beginners.

Good luck in your future races!
Daryl Gee
(Csoport Amateur - 34)

Hsz.: 4864
  Ország:
Dél-Afrika 
Teszt: 
Tetszik (1)   Nem tetszik (0)
Régi hozzászólás #5 Elküldve: 2021. november 24. 23:26:18 Idézet 
Rookie is mostly about having an appropriate driver, and getting the car setup right for the race.

But your car is also not developed at all, and you probably should be upgrading worn parts just about every time they need replacement during a rookie season.

Mikko Heikkinen
(Csoport Pro - 5)

Hsz.: 12503
  Ország:
Finnország 
Teszt: 
Régi hozzászólás #6 Elküldve: 2021. november 25. 00:17:39 Idézet 
Quote ( Emerson Xavier @ November 24th 2021,23:06:39 )

I was expecting everyone would be quite on the same level, but this isn't the case.

1) You started app. mid-season, which will effect things.
This ~half season is good opportunity for you to get a handle on basic things. Look for the next season.

2) for next season you'll want a decent driver (which you can hire already today, keeping in mind OA limits). Then...

Quote ( Emerson Xavier @ November 24th 2021,23:06:39 )

despite the game tutorials not recommending spending money to upgrade your car. I don't see how I would get promoted otherwise.

Yes, the tutorial encourages to fight the urge to upgrade the car prematurely (i.e before your first race), but throughout the season your car level will increase, as you'll upgrade parts when they become worn.

One big reason is: IF the car parts are upgraded/renewed too soon, money will run out. It's a balancing thing.

When you start the season from the beginning, your chances of promoting will be better.
Geoff Todd
(Csoport Rookie - 34)

Hsz.: 272
  Ország:
Ausztrália 
Teszt: 
Tetszik (3)   Nem tetszik (0)
Régi hozzászólás #7 Elküldve: 2021. november 25. 00:25:45 Idézet 
I would also recommend getting a mentor to help out. There are those that would be quite willing to assist you improve your knowledge of the game.
Emerson Xavier
(Csoport Rookie - 67)

Hsz.: 2
  Ország:
Ausztrália 
Teszt: 
Régi hozzászólás #8 Elküldve: 2021. november 25. 01:17:49 Idézet 
Thanks guys!

I didn't think I'd be this far behind starting mid-season if everyone in Rookie goes about upgrading only when parts are worn, but it makes sense.

About the driver, I see some drivers with OA over 90-100. But I can't really buy one over 85. How did these drivers get to these numbers? The driver's development is super slow. Should I be training them?
Florencia Caro
(Csoport Amateur - 58)

GPRO személyzet
Hsz.: 17136
  Ország:
Argentína 
Teszt: 
Tetszik (2)   Nem tetszik (0)
Régi hozzászólás #9 Elküldve: 2021. november 25. 01:23:11 Idézet 
Quote ( Emerson Xavier @ November 25th 2021,01:17:49 )

How did these drivers get to these numbers?

Most of the OA exceding 85 comes from driver motivation, it really pushes the OA up. Training the driver, or just starting races also adds/substracts skill points.

Quote ( Emerson Xavier @ November 25th 2021,01:17:49 )

The driver's development is super slow. Should I be training them?

First, you need a good driver to start with. The better the driver, the less development it'll need. Some people hire promotion ready drivers; others choose to develop a driver during one season to be used for promotion the following season. First you need to grab an idea of what constitues a good driver to later decide what to do with it :)
Graham Mercer
(Csoport Master - 1)

Hsz.: 2008
  Ország:
Ausztrália 
Teszt: 
Régi hozzászólás #10 Elküldve: 2021. november 25. 03:42:03 Idézet 
I am surprised that nobody has suggested joining the mentor programme. Is it still running?
André de Carvalho
(Csoport Amateur - 75)

Hsz.: 447
  Ország:
Brazília 
Teszt: 
Régi hozzászólás #11 Elküldve: 2021. november 25. 06:13:20 Idézet 
Quote ( Graham Mercer @ November 25th 2021,03:42:03 )

I am surprised that nobody has suggested joining the mentor programme. Is it still running?

Quote ( Geoff Todd @ November 25th 2021,00:25:45 )

I would also recommend getting a mentor to help out. There are those that would be quite willing to assist you improve your knowledge of the game.

:)

Yes it is still running
Jens Jäschke
(Csoport Amateur - 28)

Hsz.: 511
  Ország:
Németország 
Teszt: 
Tetszik (2)   Nem tetszik (0)
Régi hozzászólás #12 Elküldve: 2021. november 25. 14:40:39 Idézet 
As others noted, get yourself a mentor! Those really help you get a grip on the basics.
If you're someone who enjoys groups, also find a team, those help even more. But it's perfectly doable to tackle this alone, with only a mentor. It just takes a few more seasons to promote to Amateur (see my history).

For now, here are a few basic tips:

Car level is pretty much irrelevant in Rookie, unless you're fighting for the promotion spots. Don't worry about it for now (until the season you want to promote in).

As others pointed out, your driver is the most important aspect in Rookie. Find out what stats are important for a driver and get one. A mentor can help here, but you should be able to eliminate a few of them on your own.
Note that different stats are important for wet and dry weather.
The Overall stat (OA) is a combination of all the other stats, by the way. The only thing it does is restrict which drivers you can hire.

The second most important thing in Rookie is getting your setup right. It's not enough to make your driver satisfied, but to find the actual optimal setup.
If the driver says "I'm satisfied" all that tells you is that you're so close to optimal that your driver is unsure what to suggest. There's a (or several) driver stats that affect how close this is, too.
Your mentor might have additional tips for you.
Don't bother with different values for the front and rear wings ("wing splits"), for now. Use the same value for both, until you can get a decent setup reliably.

The third thing you should pay attention to is your race strategy.
The chosen tyre compound pretty much dictates how many stops you want to make. Softer compounds are always faster than harder compounds, but don't last as long. How much faster depends on the individual track.
You then set the fuel so that it lasts the desired number of laps. Your driver goes to the pits when you're out of fuel or your tyres are used up. Most of the time, you want it to be due to fuel, since lugging extra fuel around is slowing you down unnecessarily.
This is also affected by certain driver stats, by the way.
You can get somewhat decent estimates for tyres and fuel from your previous races on a track with the same properties listed. If you have absolutely no clue (shouldn't happen after 8 races), go with hard tyres and 120l fuel.

Oldal [1
Grand Prix Racing Online Fórum > Newbie forum > Why my car is so behind in Rookie? A téma tiltólistára helyezése Téma hozzáadása a figyelőlistához

Válasz erre a témára