Abijeet Khanna
(Csoport Rookie - 128)

Hsz.: 2907
  Ország:
Anglia 
Teszt: 
Tetszik (0)   Nem tetszik (0)
Régi hozzászólás #31 Elküldve: 2010. június 28. 17:29:34 Idézet 
Quote ( Finn Shaw-McIver @ June 28th 2010,17:28:20 )

Dovydas in our team has a driver weighing only 52kg. That's lighter than me. :/
heavier then me though! I'm only 40kg :P
Jezz Bowden
(Csoport Rookie - 5)

Hsz.: 986
  Ország:
Anglia 
Teszt: 
Régi hozzászólás #32 Elküldve: 2010. június 28. 17:45:48 Idézet 
I deliberately bought a relatively light driver bcoz I assume the extra weight would slow the car down, but if it doesn't why are we given this info, surely only his/her age is relevant!? I don't think this should be confused with stamina it is just a weight question, bcoz a 90kg driver ought to slow the car down by the same amount as the 20kg of fuel as compared with a 70 kg driver!? If this isn't the case bcoz of the 'overall weight' get out clause, perhaps the 180 ltr fuel tank is set for an 80kg driver (for example) and a lighter driver would automatically increase the size of the fuel tank by the an equivalent amount eg a 70kg driver would allow for an increase in the fuel tank by (10/0.737 or whatever conversion rate decided upon) 13 litres rounded down.
Dan Humphreys
(Csoport Rookie - 153)

Hsz.: 169
  Ország:
Anglia 
Teszt: 
Régi hozzászólás #33 Elküldve: 2010. június 28. 18:02:53 Idézet 
Quote ( Fredrik Palmqvist @ June 28th 2010,17:17:31 )

F1 drivers don't get fit while racing, they are fit before racing. And sure the F1 drivers do loose weight during the race due to the heat, but they regain it very quick when they start to drink water...

They will gain driving stamina. Saying they won't just is not true. Ok maybe they shouldn't lose weight from races but to be realistic they should gain stamina. Not stamina for football or some other sport but driving stamina.
Michael Winkley
(Csoport Rookie - 66)

Hsz.: 33335
  Ország:
Wales 
Teszt: 
Régi hozzászólás #34 Elküldve: 2010. június 28. 18:05:14 Idézet 
Quote ( Jezz Bowden @ June 28th 2010,17:45:48 )

If this isn't the case bcoz of the 'overall weight' get out clause, perhaps the 180 ltr fuel tank is set for an 80kg driver (for example) and a lighter driver would automatically increase the size of the fuel tank by the an equivalent amount eg a 70kg driver would allow for an increase in the fuel tank by (10/0.737 or whatever conversion rate decided upon) 13 litres rounded down.

I'd rather have a lighter driver than a bigger fuel tank that has no discernable use.
Fredrik Palmqvist
(Csoport Pro - 7)

Hsz.: 3231
  Ország:
Svédország 
Teszt: 
Régi hozzászólás #35 Elküldve: 2010. június 28. 18:06:34 Idézet 
Quote ( Dan Humphreys @ June 28th 2010,18:02:53 )

They will gain driving stamina. Saying they won't just is not true. Ok maybe they shouldn't lose weight from races but to be realistic they should gain stamina. Not stamina for football or some other sport but driving stamina.

So you think the driver would gain stamina from only driving races but not doing any other excercise? Maybe you should think again. Training once every other week won't increase your stamina, or the absolut minimum amount you gain can be overlooked since it's so small.
Dan Humphreys
(Csoport Rookie - 153)

Ország:
Anglia 
Teszt: 
Régi hozzászólás #36 Elküldve: 2010. június 28. 18:08:53 Idézet 
Quote ( Fredrik Palmqvist @ June 28th 2010,18:06:34 )

So you think the driver would gain stamina from only driving races but not doing any other excercise? Maybe you should think again.

No I havent said that. I am saying he would gain stamina from races. Where in GPRO they don't appear to gain any vast amount by racing. Of course he can gain stamina from doing other exercise F1 drivers are often training in the gym.
Michael Winkley
(Csoport Rookie - 66)

Hsz.: 33335
  Ország:
Wales 
Teszt: 
Régi hozzászólás #37 Elküldve: 2010. június 28. 18:12:11 Idézet 
Quote ( Dan Humphreys @ June 28th 2010,18:08:53 )

Where in GPRO they don't appear to gain any vast amount by racing.

Under certain circumstances they do, but it isn't financially viable in rookie to create those circumstances.
Abhijeet Titkare
(Csoport Rookie - 236)

Hsz.: 1223
  Ország:
India 
Teszt: 
Régi hozzászólás #38 Elküldve: 2010. június 28. 18:14:05 Idézet 
Quote ( Hans Barf @ September 25th 2007,15:09:59 )

Bottomline, weight is not a hugely important factor

then why every drivers weight is given ??????

Dan Humphreys
(Csoport Rookie - 153)

Ország:
Anglia 
Teszt: 
Régi hozzászólás #39 Elküldve: 2010. június 28. 18:16:17 Idézet 
Quote ( Michael Winkley @ June 28th 2010,18:12:11 )

Under certain circumstances they do, but it isn't financially viable in rookie to create those circumstances.

During races on Tuesday and Friday and not other 'training'?

I can't say what the 'training' is as I think it's probably FOBY.
Abhijeet Titkare
(Csoport Rookie - 236)

Hsz.: 1223
  Ország:
India 
Teszt: 
Régi hozzászólás #40 Elküldve: 2010. június 28. 18:22:51 (módosítva: 2010. június 28. 18:24:57 Abhijeet Titkare által) Idézet 
Quote ( Dan Humphreys @ June 28th 2010,18:16:17 )

FOBY.

i think this word should be BAN from GPRO !!! if u dont knw anything wht to reply ,to show that u are smart FOBY is posted showing that i knw everything and its time for u to find by yourself

Is does seem FOBY word meaning less or it an dumb`est word to show I am smart
Dan Humphreys
(Csoport Rookie - 153)

Ország:
Anglia 
Teszt: 
Régi hozzászólás #41 Elküldve: 2010. június 28. 18:25:08 (módosítva: 2010. június 28. 18:46:42 Dan Humphreys által) Idézet 
Quote ( Abhijeet Titkare @ June 28th 2010,18:22:51 )

i think this word should be BAN from GPRO !!! if u dont knw anything wht to reply ,to show that u are smart FOBY is posted showing that i knw everything and its time for u to find by yourself

XXX Just showing I understand the FOBY material, removed now XXX.

So should stamina not be gained in races when you drive longer stints? Anybody want to reply to the suggestion? Pros, cons and ideas?

edit: I've just had another thought. Perhaps races could allow drivers to gain stamina up to a certain number. Take 50 or 80 as an example. In order to improve stamina about this then further training would be required.
Jun Ho
(Csoport Rookie - 136)

Hsz.: 8525
  Ország:
Hong Kong 
Teszt: 
Régi hozzászólás #42 Elküldve: 2010. június 28. 18:46:57 Idézet 
Quote ( Abhijeet Titkare @ June 28th 2010,18:22:51 )

Is does seem FOBY word meaning less or it an dumb`est word to show I am smart

Omg, this looks as though you know everything. Dan just said that because he cannot give you any information. The phrase FOBY is meaningless if the guy just posted "Hey, its FOBY" or something similar. Try not to act as though you are more superior than that.
Chinmay Dhopate
(Csoport Master - 1)

Hsz.: 7750
  Ország:
India 
Teszt: 
Régi hozzászólás #43 Elküldve: 2010. június 28. 19:26:01 Idézet 
Quote ( Martin Jones @ June 27th 2010,15:31:58 )

1kg is 1kg no matter what if you meant 1l of fuel = 1kg.

It wont be as fuel is lighter than water so would be less.

Quote ( Martin Jones @ June 27th 2010,15:47:09 )

Krzysztof before you post maybe read the one your replying to as mine clearly says it was a question the OPer and me saying that it would be wrong.

oh the irony!
Hans Barf
(Csoport Pro - 10)

GPRO személyzet
Hsz.: 4064
  Ország:
Hollandia 
Teszt: 
Régi hozzászólás #44 Elküldve: 2010. június 29. 09:10:04 (módosítva: 2010. június 29. 09:10:51 Hans Barf által) Idézet 
Quote ( Abhijeet Titkare @ June 28th 2010,18:14:05 )

then why every drivers weight is given ??????

if you care to read all I wrote, you'll notice a ceratin uncertainty in what I claim.
Anyway, I am not against stamina increase because of a race, or testing.
But take a race, we all drive pretty much the same distance, so we all drivers gain the same, apart the one suffering from randoms.
So, the netto result will be the same in comparison to others. You can fiddle around with longer stints or more risk etc, but the bottomline is that if you want to improve you driver you need to invest. So free gain for nothing is not about management. And this is a management game
Hugo Martins
(Csoport Amateur - 121)

Hsz.: 61
  Ország:
Portugália 
Teszt: 
Tetszik (3)   Nem tetszik (3)
Régi hozzászólás #45 Elküldve: 2014. október 5. 19:30:09 Idézet 
Bringing back the tread about driver weight. I think that it shouldn't be possible to all the drivers to reach weights as low as 50Kg and less... this should be based in drivers height.
If a driver is about 170cm maybe it´s ok for him to weight 55kg, but a driver with about 178cm I guess less than 55kg must be at the least really unhealthy.
Bottom line, 43Kg and less for a grown man, just seams awkward. Maybe he´s just 150cm tall and uses some kind of gadget to reach the pedals and a pillow to see the road :)
Suggestions:
- Add the height and set a minimum weigth based on it.
- Remove the driver weight factor
- Set a minimum low for the driver weight

And maybe a maximum weight. plus 90Kg drivers?! this guys should keep some fitness, and don´t eat like Homer if they want to be racing drivers.
Stijn Everaerts
(Csoport Amateur - 60)

Hsz.: 1269
  Ország:
Belgium 
Teszt: 
Régi hozzászólás #46 Elküldve: 2014. október 5. 19:32:34 Idézet 
Good drivers will be even more difficult to find and contract so i say no
Constantin Heller
(Csoport Rookie - 32)

Hsz.: 2462
  Ország:
Németország 
Teszt: 
Régi hozzászólás #47 Elküldve: 2014. október 5. 19:42:36 Idézet 
Quote ( Hugo Martins @ October 5th 2014,19:30:09 )

And maybe a maximum weight. plus 90Kg drivers

This would make a specific other stat a lot less meaningful.
Hugo Martins
(Csoport Amateur - 121)

Hsz.: 61
  Ország:
Portugália 
Teszt: 
Régi hozzászólás #48 Elküldve: 2014. október 7. 17:42:32 Idézet 
Ok, your points maybe true, and I really don't mind the current system.
Any how knowing that any given driver can weight 50kg at some point of his career and 100kg at another and vice-versa, just don't make a lot of sense.
I wonder who hires 100kg drivers?
Slobodan Bulic
(Csoport Rookie - 146)

Hsz.: 6
  Ország:
Szerbia 
Teszt: 
Tetszik (2)   Nem tetszik (6)
Régi hozzászólás #49 Elküldve: 2020. május 28. 14:24:41 Idézet 
Drivers +90 kg exclude from list. We already have big margin between good and bad drivers. You can add some difference in Fitness training. connected with ages (if not exists). As all parameters are related, why we should have silly characters in car? Come on, do something, make something for newbies to have more chance. We have enough perfection in this game, but few attractive points. It is so sad that new players stops after one season. Make this game more popular, even for kids.

József Ozsvár
(Csoport Rookie - 56)

Hsz.: 121
  Ország:
Magyarország 
Teszt: 
Tetszik (1)   Nem tetszik (1)
Régi hozzászólás #50 Elküldve: 2020. november 21. 08:43:04 Idézet 
Driver weights is a good feature in my opinion but there would be interesting a height feature too so you can choose drivers whom has a fitting with those two stats. I usually tend to choose in other manager games find players/drivers/soldiers who have the "ideal" height and weight ratio and not overly fat or overly large or skinny and small.

Not sure who wants a driver with over than 80+ kgs because that affects normally the balance of the car but for that the car needs also a weight to begin with.
Tomas Dederle
(Csoport Amateur - 50)

Hsz.: 945
  Ország:
Cseh Köztársaság 
Teszt: 
Régi hozzászólás #51 Elküldve: 2022. augusztus 13. 07:44:14 Idézet 
I understand that the low weight of driver is not tha beneficial as it was in the beginnings of GPRO... Not only I see a little difference on my driver, who I babysit since his age of 17...but I see the Elite players use normally drivers of 70-80kgs of weight.
So low weight is not that much important for faster ride.
Question: Is low weight today in GPRO disadvantage? As it makes me suspicious I see no drivers in Elite with weight in fifties?

Anyway the parameter of weight I see as the major change in GPRO. I am also surprised how big impact has a driver on race results in comparison to car level.. It seems to me that in GPRO beginnings the car improvement was having bigger impact than now... Now driver rules totally

I see good driver of the race winner can get 2 laps ahead of the car who finishes in the 2nd place overall in the race...I mean in Amateurs.. That is quite a lot

Thanks in advance to all Foby trolls for being busy with something else :-)

Ilia Lilov
(Csoport Master - 1)

Hsz.: 302
  Ország:
Bulgária 
Teszt: 
Régi hozzászólás #52 Elküldve: 2022. augusztus 13. 08:02:49 Idézet 
It isn't so much that fitness training isn't beneficial in higher leagues. It is more about other investments keeping the stats up without the need to hit the gym and training is more beneficial in other areas. That is very much not the case in Ama... different groups have a bit of a different strategy.
Tomas Dederle
(Csoport Amateur - 50)

Ország:
Cseh Köztársaság 
Teszt: 
Régi hozzászólás #53 Elküldve: 2022. augusztus 13. 08:09:52 Idézet 
Quote ( Ilia Lilov @ August 13th 2022,08:02:49 )

It isn't so much that fitness training

I got it, thanks...so because driver weight is not important and fitness training brings not that much in higher leagues, therefore they do not care about the weight and have it in range of 70-80kgs...

That is why they have such high weight, not because that too low weight might have negative effect, correct conclusion?
Ilia Lilov
(Csoport Master - 1)

Hsz.: 302
  Ország:
Bulgária 
Teszt: 
Régi hozzászólás #54 Elküldve: 2022. augusztus 13. 13:07:21 Idézet 
Not precisely.. fitness training is usually done for the stamina not so much because of the weight, and if other things are keeping that up, training is better spent elsewhere and weight goes up naturally.

Ken Neihart
(Csoport Amateur - 69)

Hsz.: 1633
  Ország:
Amerikai Egyesült Államok 
Teszt: 
Tetszik (0)   Nem tetszik (1)
Régi hozzászólás #55 Elküldve: 2022. augusztus 13. 14:44:29 Idézet 
Did it ever cross your mind that the main benefit of fitness training has already been reached?
Tomas Dederle
(Csoport Amateur - 50)

Ország:
Cseh Köztársaság 
Teszt: 
Régi hozzászólás #56 Elküldve: 2022. augusztus 14. 09:29:27 (módosítva: 2022. augusztus 14. 09:37:55 Tomas Dederle által) Idézet 
Quote ( Ken Neihart @ August 13th 2022,14:44:29 )

Did it ever cross your mind

Original question was not about benefit of fitness training but IF TOO LOW WEIGHT could have negative effect. :-)

see in my previous post - literally:
Question: Is low weight today in GPRO disadvantage?
Because my driver is 54 kg recently I (myself, not elite managers and their drivers) still have not reached full benefit of fitness training with him.

But I got your point, 70-80kgs means they do not need more stamina.
That also confirms my observation that lower weight make you not faster anymore in GPRO
Or at least not meaningfully.

So I will assume too low weight has also no meaning so it should not be a disadvantage.
Got it thanks

Richard Robin Paukson
(Csoport Amateur - 16)

Hsz.: 2431
  Ország:
Észtország 
Teszt: 
Tetszik (1)   Nem tetszik (1)
Régi hozzászólás #57 Elküldve: 2022. augusztus 14. 10:11:18 Idézet 
Quote ( Tomas Dederle @ August 14th 2022,09:29:27 )

Original question was not about benefit of fitness training but IF TOO LOW WEIGHT could have negative effect. :-)

Aren't you aware that you're supposed to know everything already and not ask on the forums? :P

Tomas Dederle
(Csoport Amateur - 50)

Ország:
Cseh Köztársaság 
Teszt: 
Tetszik (2)   Nem tetszik (0)
Régi hozzászólás #58 Elküldve: 2022. augusztus 14. 10:15:56 Idézet 

Quote ( Richard Robin Paukson @ August 14th 2022,10:11:18 )

Aren't you aware that you're supposed to know everything

ehhh...my wife expects the same :-(
Rafal Kaczor
(Csoport Rookie - 34)

Hsz.: 3
  Ország:
Ciprus 
Teszt: 
Régi hozzászólás #59 Elküldve: 2023. december 16. 10:38:24 Idézet 
My driver is way to heavy, at 92 kg i need him to get fit. Is the fitness enought?
Mike Kreisz
(Csoport Rookie - 125)

Hsz.: 246
  Ország:
Magyarország 
Teszt: 
Tetszik (3)   Nem tetszik (0)
Régi hozzászólás #60 Elküldve: 2023. december 16. 13:59:59 Idézet 
I don't know if it's enough, but we don't have any other option to make drivers thinner unfortunatelly.

Oldal « 1 [23 » Ugrás erre az oldalra:

Válasz erre a témára