Pagina [12 3 ... 11 12 13 » Vai alla pagina:
Argomento del sondaggio nel forum
Would you like to see the "dislike button" removed from the forums?
Entra per votare o vedere i risultati del sondaggio
Autore Topic: Dislike Button 365 risposte
Matt Murray
(Gruppo Amateur - 8)

N° post: 614
  Nazione:
Australia 
Certificato: 
Post apprezzato (30)   Post sgradito (90)
Vecchio Post #1 Data 14 Giu 2012, 17:03:33 (Ultima modifica 14 Giu 2012, 17:10:37 da Matt Murray) Quota 
My suggestion is to remove the dislike button completely from the forums. The dislike button only causes negativity in the game, isn't there enough of that already? It allows people to hide behind these dislikes to try to make other managers look bad and to try to make their opinions look better. This thumbs down option is conducive to bullying and a hostile environment and puts this community in a negative light.

Quote ( Jordan Randall @ March 25th 2011,23:18:20 )

I dislike this... as it wont be used properly, it'll be troll'd and just be used to 'gang up' on other managers

Quote ( Brian Branch @ March 26th 2011,01:43:07 )

I can't see how this will create less work for the admins. And all forum users will be forced to play the game because anybody who has a hate trip against you will be doing so & trying to ensure you look bad; which means that you have to return fire.

Quote ( Leonardo Bittencourt @ October 23rd 2011,23:53:28 )

It is clearly being abused and only blind people can't see it.

Quote ( Keri Lovell @ October 23rd 2011,22:03:31 )

If someone really likes or dislikes a post, they can quote and say so, it just gives people a 'mask' to act like a dick IMO, and that cant be good for the community.

On the other hand, others believe there is value to this thumbs down option. Should everyone be entitled to their own opinion and free will to choose like or dislike? Does this dislike button reflect the views of different cultures, societies and opinions different to your own? Or is the solution to simply ignore them?

Quote ( Abijeet Khanna @ October 23rd 2011,22:04:52 )

If you don't like them, don't pay attention to them. :o

Quote ( Shoaib Mohamed @ October 23rd 2011,22:06:24 )

Although I agree with the point in principle, the best course of action imo is to simply ignore it. Trolls love being fed so let's just ignore em.

Quote ( Marcelo Michelini @ October 23rd 2011,22:39:34 )

people from all over the world, people with so different cultures, people with really different thoughts
reasons to dislike such kind of posts? I don't know... maybe you should ask the ones who did it instead of judging them
maybe they have a good reason
the important thing is that someone disagrees with that, and they have every right to do it as long as they keep it with respect

Quote ( Finn Shaw-McIver @ October 24th 2011,00:25:38 )

I do think people disliking and liking posts should be made visible. For me only because I would want to see who liked my post, I don't really care who dislikes them

I am interested to see if the community thinks that this addition has had a positive influence on the game.
Ricardo Faria
(Gruppo Amateur - 29)

N° post: 961
  Nazione:
Brasile 
Certificato: 
Post apprezzato (36)   Post sgradito (5)
Vecchio Post #2 Data 14 Giu 2012, 17:09:23 (Ultima modifica 14 Giu 2012, 17:14:23 da Ricardo Faria) Quota 
vote no and 1 dislike to you ;)

I thought it was about Jenson
Finn Shaw-McIver
(Gruppo Amateur - 32)

N° post: 22386
  Nazione:
Inghilterra 
Certificato: 
Post apprezzato (11)   Post sgradito (3)
Vecchio Post #3 Data 14 Giu 2012, 17:09:34 Quota 
Quote ( Matt Murray @ June 14th 2012,17:03:33 )

I do think people disliking and liking posts should be made visible. For me only because I would want to see who liked my post, I don't really care who dislikes them

I should add that if there is a dislike button, people who disliked it should also be made visible. I'm sure a lot less people would click it then.
Jack Wemyss
(Gruppo Rookie - 295)

N° post: 8061
  Nazione:
Inghilterra 
Certificato: 
Post apprezzato (9)   Post sgradito (4)
Vecchio Post #4 Data 14 Giu 2012, 17:09:38 Quota 
Making the list of who exactly had "contributed" their like or dislike, as mentioned to by Finn, would be the only positive step that could be taken with the like and dislike buttons, as it creates accountability.

Otherwise they're generally useless, though I do use them, and it's better to see a green or orange number in the sidebar than it is to see a +1
Christoph Seifriedsberger
(Gruppo Master - 4)

N° post: 6825
  Nazione:
Austria 
Certificato: 
Post apprezzato (11)   Post sgradito (18)
Vecchio Post #5 Data 14 Giu 2012, 17:10:16 (Ultima modifica 14 Giu 2012, 17:10:42 da Christoph Seifriedsberger) Quota 
I peronally couldn't care less about the thumbs up and downs thus I don't care whether it's there or not.
Jonathan MacLean
(Gruppo Amateur - 37)

N° post: 7142
  Nazione:
Scozia 
Certificato: 
Post apprezzato (4)   Post sgradito (5)
Vecchio Post #6 Data 14 Giu 2012, 17:15:20 Quota 
Quote ( Jack Wemyss @ June 14th 2012,17:09:38 )

Making the list of who exactly had "contributed" their like or dislike, as mentioned to by Finn, would be the only positive step that could be taken with the like and dislike buttons, as it creates accountability.

I think if you're going to have a name-and-shame system with the likes and dislikes, then you also have to give the oppertunity to remove your like or dislike.
Finn Shaw-McIver
(Gruppo Amateur - 32)

N° post: 22386
  Nazione:
Inghilterra 
Certificato: 
Post apprezzato (4)   Post sgradito (10)
Vecchio Post #7 Data 14 Giu 2012, 17:17:18 Quota 
Quote ( Jonathan MacLean @ June 14th 2012,17:15:20 )

then you also have to give the oppertunity to remove your like or dislike.

No you shouldn't. You should have to face up to the fact you were being a nob and accept any abuse that comes your way.
Matt Murray
(Gruppo Amateur - 8)

Nazione:
Australia 
Certificato: 
Post apprezzato (5)   Post sgradito (4)
Vecchio Post #8 Data 14 Giu 2012, 17:18:22 Quota 
Quote ( Finn Shaw-McIver @ June 14th 2012,17:17:18 )

No you shouldn't. You should have to face up to the fact you were being a nob and accept any abuse that comes your way.

Accountability would be better but I imagine a lot of work for admins
Gonçalo Dias
(Gruppo Rookie - 310)

N° post: 1668
  Nazione:
Portogallo 
Certificato: 
Post apprezzato (6)   Post sgradito (13)
Vecchio Post #9 Data 14 Giu 2012, 17:20:12 Quota 
I completely agree with your opinion. IMO likes, but mostly dislikes, are ruining some good suggestions, and not only that. Some people can be really affected by dislikes. And we are not paying attention to that. Like some quotes above say, dislike button can and IS being used for some kind of bullying. Not physical, but psychic, that IMO is even worse. Today I´ve seen a thread where managers (I´m not saying the name, not needed), with not even a minute passed, just said that the suggestion was a bad idea. This is clearly demotivating for someone who thinks that he/she had a great idea, and that it could work some way in this game. I´m not saying that I´m agreeing with the suggestion in that thread, but people need to think a bit and at least say why they don´t like an idea, because it´s frustrating for someone to not be given some attention.

About this suggestion, I agree that the dislike button should be removed, for the reasons I´ve said above, and I would like to add one more suggestion: exactly like facebook, showing who liked the post, because that would have a great effect on creating friendships on GPRO, and improve the relation between all the GPRO community.
Jack Wemyss
(Gruppo Rookie - 295)

N° post: 8061
  Nazione:
Inghilterra 
Certificato: 
Post apprezzato (2)   Post sgradito (3)
Vecchio Post #10 Data 14 Giu 2012, 17:20:31 Quota 
Quote ( Matt Murray @ June 14th 2012,17:18:22 )

Accountability would be better but I imagine a lot of work for admins

In terms of implementation I don't think it would be too difficult for the admins.

It's Seifriedsberger and Winkleberry Hound that'll have the issues, the pair of them have got the vast majority of the dislikes over the past week anyway :P
Jonathan MacLean
(Gruppo Amateur - 37)

N° post: 7142
  Nazione:
Scozia 
Certificato: 
Post apprezzato (0)   Post sgradito (9)
Vecchio Post #11 Data 14 Giu 2012, 17:21:03 (Ultima modifica 14 Giu 2012, 17:25:14 da Jonathan MacLean) Quota 
Quote ( Finn Shaw-McIver @ June 14th 2012,17:17:18 )

No, when liking or disliking a post on merit, you shouldn't expect a backlash from doing so.

Therefore, if you are to receive backlash from "disliking" or "liking" a post, then you ought to have the right to revoke it.

--

Edit, though in all honesty, I don't like the likes and dislikes system simply because it gets abused by people who hold grudges. It doesn't actually give credible merit or criticism to a post without having to wonder if it's just someone holding a grudge.
Andrew Lawrence
(Gruppo Amateur - 17)

N° post: 3441
  Nazione:
Inghilterra 
Certificato: 
Post apprezzato (0)   Post sgradito (6)
Vecchio Post #12 Data 14 Giu 2012, 17:31:29 Quota 
Quote ( Jonathan MacLean @ June 14th 2012,17:21:03 )

Therefore, if you are to receive backlash from "disliking" or "liking" a post, then you ought to have the right to revoke it.

Suggested before (by me), and it didn't go down very well

/gb/forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=18604
Shoaib Mohamed
(Gruppo Pro - 12)

N° post: 9817
  Nazione:
India 
Certificato: 
Vecchio Post #13 Data 14 Giu 2012, 17:31:30 Quota 
Implementing a name&shame wouldnt be difficult, except for where the names would be shown?

But implementing it would create another problem, there would be even bigger arguments over why someone liked/disliked a post.

So it might be better removing it altogether, and thats coming from the biggest user of it :P

At the very least it should be removed from the newbie forum. Nothing worse than a first time poster getting hammered with dislikes over a 'stupid' question.
(Gruppo Master - 4)

Nazione:
Austria 
Certificato: 
Post apprezzato (2)   Post sgradito (4)
Vecchio Post #14 Data 14 Giu 2012, 17:35:47 Quota 
Quote ( Shoaib Mohamed @ June 14th 2012,17:31:30 )

Implementing a name&shame wouldnt be difficult, except for where the names would be shown?

But implementing it would create another problem, there would be even bigger arguments over why someone liked/disliked a post.

This and that's exactly why I think that this won't be implemented.

At the very least it should be removed from the newbie forum. Nothing worse than a first time poster getting hammered with dislikes over a 'stupid' question.

Got to agree with this though. Newbies who don't know that it gets abused a lot and getting lots of thumb downs for their first ("stupid") question(s) may get a wrong (bad) impression about the whole community.
Jensen Owens
(Gruppo Rookie - 197)

N° post: 6400
  Nazione:
Galles 
Certificato: 
Post apprezzato (3)   Post sgradito (8)
Vecchio Post #15 Data 14 Giu 2012, 17:36:49 Quota 
I love the button it's cool
Keri Lovell
(Gruppo Elite)

N° post: 10079
  Nazione:
Galles 
Certificato: 
Post apprezzato (6)   Post sgradito (10)
Vecchio Post #16 Data 14 Giu 2012, 17:40:01 (Ultima modifica 14 Giu 2012, 17:41:48 da Keri Lovell) Quota 
I hate the thumbs down, Id much rather someone was straight with me if there is an issue, as Finn and Cale have in the past which I respect a lot.

It also gives you an opportunity to mend relationships. Often when you actually talk to someone you find out that they arent that bad after all.

The thumbs down is just a negative on the game. IMO.

I also like the fact the this post was really well thought out and provided both sides of the argument. Big thumbs up from me Matt.
Mairo Toom
(Gruppo Amateur - 3)

N° post: 12780
  Nazione:
Estonia 
Certificato: 
Post apprezzato (1)   Post sgradito (2)
Vecchio Post #17 Data 14 Giu 2012, 17:42:24 Quota 
Quote ( Keri Lovell @ June 14th 2012,17:40:01 )

Id much rather someone was straight with me if there is an issue,

This.
Or at least possible to see, like only you can see who have thumbed up/down your post.
Matt Murray
(Gruppo Amateur - 8)

Nazione:
Australia 
Certificato: 
Post apprezzato (2)   Post sgradito (2)
Vecchio Post #18 Data 14 Giu 2012, 17:44:20 Quota 
So far we have 19 people say NO the dislike should stay yet only really 1 person who said that they like it.

Quote ( Jensen Owens @ June 14th 2012,17:36:49 )

I love the button it's cool

So to the other 18 people, why?
Keri Lovell
(Gruppo Elite)

Nazione:
Galles 
Certificato: 
Post apprezzato (4)   Post sgradito (6)
Vecchio Post #19 Data 14 Giu 2012, 17:46:24 (Ultima modifica 14 Giu 2012, 17:47:41 da Keri Lovell) Quota 
I think what we forget is as humans we are all very different creatures. Some people have skin as thick as hell and couldnt care less, and some peole are very sensitive to it and it actually quite upsets them. I think Im somewhere in the middle.

Do we want to risk alienating new players though? Imagine your first post ever and you get 30 thumbs down? Would you want to stay playing?

To me it doesnt make any business sense, nor does it contribute to the community.
Devashis Tamhane
(Gruppo Amateur - 18)

N° post: 1973
  Nazione:
India 
Certificato: 
Post apprezzato (5)   Post sgradito (1)
Vecchio Post #20 Data 14 Giu 2012, 17:46:40 Quota 
Quote ( Finn Shaw-McIver @ June 14th 2012,17:09:34 )

I should add that if there is a dislike button, people who disliked it should also be made visible. I'm sure a lot less people would click it then.

Copying my suggestion which i gave on the PYB thread.xD
Mairo Toom
(Gruppo Amateur - 3)

Nazione:
Estonia 
Certificato: 
Vecchio Post #21 Data 14 Giu 2012, 17:47:49 Quota 
Quote ( Matt Murray @ June 14th 2012,17:44:20 )

So to the other 18 people, why?

I did also vote NO, but actually, I like it both ways.

1. Stay like it is.
2. Remove thumbs down, but let it stay in suggestion forum.
But about that 2nd, then it won't work if there is only thumbs down, then there should be possibiliti to remove your thumbs down.

And one more thing - there are "silly" games that can't be played if there isn't both of them :D
Vladimir Jelicic
(Gruppo Amateur - 46)

N° post: 2684
  Nazione:
Serbia 
Certificato: 
Post apprezzato (1)   Post sgradito (3)
Vecchio Post #22 Data 14 Giu 2012, 17:51:16 Quota 
The worst way to judge a person is to look at those thumbs (up or down)... I don't even look at that, no need for it. If I like someone's post, that's it, if I don't, there's no problem with that. And, if you want to keep those "thumbs", it would be wiser to use them for posts, not members.
Shoaib Mohamed
(Gruppo Pro - 12)

N° post: 9817
  Nazione:
India 
Certificato: 
Post apprezzato (3)   Post sgradito (3)
Vecchio Post #23 Data 14 Giu 2012, 18:00:30 Quota 
Quote ( Vladimir Jelicic @ June 14th 2012,17:51:16 )

it would be wiser to use them for posts, not members.

If not removing it, how about moving the location of the thumbs to the lower right corner of the post? At least that would give a sense that the post was liked/disliked, rather than the person?

Mairo Toom
(Gruppo Amateur - 3)

Nazione:
Estonia 
Certificato: 
Vecchio Post #24 Data 14 Giu 2012, 18:01:38 Quota 
Quote ( Shoaib Mohamed @ June 14th 2012,18:00:30 )

If not removing it, how about moving the location of the thumbs to the lower right corner of the post? At least that would give a sense that the post was liked/disliked, rather than the person?

This. As it seems that at least 25% of votes goes about person not about post, if not even more.
Keri Lovell
(Gruppo Elite)

Nazione:
Galles 
Certificato: 
Post apprezzato (2)   Post sgradito (4)
Vecchio Post #25 Data 14 Giu 2012, 18:01:46 Quota 
Quote ( Shoaib Mohamed @ June 14th 2012,18:00:30 )

At least that would give a sense that the post was liked/disliked, rather than the person?

Would still be people orientated. That wont change sadly.

I still havent heard a single benefit of having it apart from the suggestion forum. Anyone care to give one?
Tom Bending
(Gruppo Master - 2)

N° post: 331
  Nazione:
Inghilterra 
Certificato: 
Post apprezzato (5)   Post sgradito (2)
Vecchio Post #26 Data 14 Giu 2012, 18:12:28 Quota 
If you are going to have thumbs, the up down system is best IMO.

There should be some accountability though, for example some managers will thumb down every post in a thread and others constantly target the same old people. This kind of thing could probably be stopped quite easily with a little effort by admins/mods.
John Lewis
(Gruppo Rookie - 269)

N° post: 267
  Nazione:
Inghilterra 
Certificato: 
Post apprezzato (4)   Post sgradito (3)
Vecchio Post #27 Data 14 Giu 2012, 18:15:36 Quota 
the dislike button creates negativity in the forums. there is nothing constructive about it. ill bring a old quote in form the bible. ''if you have nothing nice to say. say nothing at all''. so really all the dislike button does is create hard feelings and conflict, it can also make a younger manger feel bad about him/her self and can drive people away from the game. also, if you had had an earlier argument in the forums with somone, then they ussually just thumb all your comments down when they see one. it creates more work for the admins aswell. i see no pros to it other than it may show people what they are saying is unapproved, but even that way if you are trying to get a message across to someone by disliking, it shows no personal meaning making it inafective and making the opposing manger feeling slighty abused. i dont think it is nesecarry.
Cliff Rajgopaul
(Gruppo Pro - 3)

N° post: 618
  Nazione:
Sudafrica 
Certificato: 
Post apprezzato (4)   Post sgradito (3)
Vecchio Post #28 Data 14 Giu 2012, 18:17:22 Quota 
I agree with Tom, we should be able to see who submitted the like/ dislike.
Devashis Tamhane
(Gruppo Amateur - 18)

N° post: 1973
  Nazione:
India 
Certificato: 
Post apprezzato (4)   Post sgradito (1)
Vecchio Post #29 Data 14 Giu 2012, 18:17:23 Quota 
Quote ( Devashis Tamhane @ June 12th 2012,16:49:57 )

its actually like Macca said become a way of venting out your frustration on the person whom your against without reading the quality/essence of the post.Unless the admin change anything this will continue.

What if you have a system where when you double click on the thumbs you see the list of people who have thumbed up or down?
(Gruppo Master - 4)

Nazione:
Austria 
Certificato: 
Vecchio Post #30 Data 14 Giu 2012, 18:21:30 Quota 
Quote ( Cliff Rajgopaul @ June 14th 2012,18:17:22 )

I agree with Tom, we should be able to see who submitted the like/ dislike.

Quote ( Christoph Seifriedsberger @ June 14th 2012,17:35:47 )

This and that's exactly why I think that this won't be implemented
Pagina [12 3 ... 11 12 13 » Vai alla pagina:

Rispondi a questo topic