Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Newbie forum > No points in Amateur, so relegate? Aggiungi questa discussione alla tua lista da ignorare Aggiungi questa discussione alla tua lista da tenere d'occhio
Pagina « 1 [23 » Vai alla pagina:
Autore Topic: No points in Amateur, so relegate? 63 risposte
James Berriman
(Gruppo Amateur - 69)

N° post: 983
  Nazione:
Inghilterra 
Certificato: 
Post apprezzato (1)   Post sgradito (0)
Vecchio Post #31 Data 9 Ott 2015, 13:28:21 Quota 
I'm not attempting to pee for any distance here,,, ;)

I would just like to make the point that it is very short sighted to judge a mans "true wealth" by his bank balance. Money is a tool and pretty much useless stacking up doing nothing!

I would also say a level 7 car at this stage of the season is a very useful commodity.

it looks to me like Hector has some good opportunities to avoid relegation yet.

Good luck in your relegation dog fight Hector, always fun:D
Kshitij Sharma
(Gruppo Amateur - 11)

N° post: 2740
  Nazione:
India 
Certificato: 
Post apprezzato (0)   Post sgradito (1)
Vecchio Post #32 Data 9 Ott 2015, 15:32:23 Quota 
You can easily fight relegation if you trust in yourself and your driver .

it isnt difficult even with lvl 4 car which i did it last season .

good luck just dont go to rookie .

blockers will block and people would pull each other leg lol
Daniel Mason
(Gruppo Pro - 16)

N° post: 5215
  Nazione:
Stati Uniti 
Certificato: 
Post apprezzato (0)   Post sgradito (0)
Vecchio Post #33 Data 9 Ott 2015, 15:59:04 Quota 
This pissing contest made me giggle, but that's not why I'm here. Retaining in Amateur with no points is difficult to do, with highly improbable odds, but it's not impossible. Relegating to Rookie, while not ideal, can be very helpful if you feel something is missing. Only once have I relegated to Rookie, and I learned my driver just wasn't competitive enough; it was the same story when I relegated to Amateur. Follow a lot of the tips given here from knowledgeable people, ignore the one who wants to cause trouble, and you should do fine, Hector. Good luck!
Phil Maunder
(Gruppo Amateur - 60)

N° post: 10003
  Nazione:
Inghilterra 
Certificato: 
Vecchio Post #34 Data 9 Ott 2015, 16:06:28 Quota 
"Why do you have a duck around your neck?"

"what duck?"

"...........never mind"

Richard Robin Paukson
(Gruppo Rookie - 161)

N° post: 2426
  Nazione:
Estonia 
Certificato: 
Vecchio Post #35 Data 9 Ott 2015, 16:49:00 Quota 
My brother retained on 0 points in amateur last season. Although he was lucky, because one guy was with a negative balance.
Rocco Stallone
(Gruppo Amateur - 14)

N° post: 3130
  Nazione:
Stati Uniti 
Certificato: 
Vecchio Post #36 Data 9 Ott 2015, 16:50:35 Quota 
It depends on the group..

If 5 guys want to promote. They will absorb all the points.. 0 retain is feisable.

If nobody wants to promote. 25 will have around 3-6 points..
Mike Brummert
(Gruppo Pro - 4)

N° post: 5012
  Nazione:
Stati Uniti 
Certificato: 
Vecchio Post #37 Data 9 Ott 2015, 17:47:38 Quota 
Listen to this guy^^^^^^

He's excellent at retaining in amateur. Many seasons of experience.
Rocco Stallone
(Gruppo Amateur - 14)

N° post: 3130
  Nazione:
Stati Uniti 
Certificato: 
Vecchio Post #38 Data 9 Ott 2015, 17:51:01 Quota 
Quote ( Mike Brummert @ October 9th 2015,17:47:38 )

Listen to this guy^^^^^^

He's excellent at retaining in amateur. Many seasons of experience.

Ama is my Jam..
Mike Brummert
(Gruppo Pro - 4)

N° post: 5012
  Nazione:
Stati Uniti 
Certificato: 
Vecchio Post #39 Data 9 Ott 2015, 19:12:52 Quota 
:-)
Hector Chamate
(Gruppo Amateur - 75)

N° post: 27
  Nazione:
Venezuela 
Certificato: 
Post apprezzato (2)   Post sgradito (0)
Vecchio Post #40 Data 9 Ott 2015, 20:01:20 Quota 
Thanks a lot guys, God willing i'll stay in Ama; rookie resets even your mama's name hehe. I have little money and a car dropping level fast and furious from 7 to 5.
Hector Chamate
(Gruppo Amateur - 75)

Nazione:
Venezuela 
Certificato: 
Vecchio Post #41 Data 24 Ott 2015, 07:12:33 Quota 
Update! I managed to stay in Amateur WITHOUT scoring any points! That shouldn't be too common.
Daniel Smith
(Gruppo Amateur - 40)

N° post: 139
  Nazione:
Australia 
Certificato: 
Vecchio Post #42 Data 24 Ott 2015, 07:15:31 (Ultima modifica 24 Ott 2015, 07:17:11 da Daniel Smith) Quota 
Staying in Amateur with 0 points is rather common IMO. A good 9th-11th and you could be safe. I did it last season. I think 11th was my best result and i stayed up. Only just i may add. But i did it with a rookie driver and very poor strategies.
Nigel Hawken
(Gruppo Amateur - 107)

N° post: 2070
  Nazione:
Inghilterra 
Certificato: 
Vecchio Post #43 Data 24 Ott 2015, 08:36:53 Quota 
In my group a minimum of 4 points is needed to retain in AMA this season. I think the script might mean that one extra player gets to retain (on 2 points) because of an inactive player. It is hard to stay in AMA with zero points so far as I have experienced.
Kshitij Sharma
(Gruppo Amateur - 11)

N° post: 2740
  Nazione:
India 
Certificato: 
Vecchio Post #44 Data 24 Ott 2015, 08:50:22 Quota 
it is easy to stay if the leaders takes all the points and difficult if many are fighting for promotion last season my group had one relegated with 6 points .

congrats on retaining mate .
Andrew Wilden
(Gruppo Amateur - 110)

N° post: 1502
  Nazione:
Australia 
Certificato: 
Vecchio Post #45 Data 24 Ott 2015, 08:50:38 Quota 
Quote ( Hector Chamate @ October 24th 2015,07:12:33 )

Update! I managed to stay in Amateur WITHOUT scoring any points! That shouldn't be too common.

Well Done Hector.
Good Luck for S50 !!!
Just concentrate on staying there in Amateur for a while Mate, & Build what you can.
For you ATM, all about retaining Amateur, that is your Priority #1 !!!
Have Fun doing it as well.

Your Team should be able to help you with this kind of Planning......If not, send me a PM.
I will help you out.

Cheers Andrew
Keith Partridge
(Gruppo Amateur - 56)

N° post: 1045
  Nazione:
Galles 
Certificato: 
Vecchio Post #46 Data 24 Ott 2015, 09:40:28 (Ultima modifica 24 Ott 2015, 09:47:25 da Keith Partridge) Quota 
Congratulations.... Until the last race I was being relegated with 2 points so I am jealous of your group!!

It does lead to what I think is a flaw in the game. Why promote from Rookie people who finish 5th 6th or lower in Rookie because players above them are Negative ( and who will almost certainly struggle in Amateur and maybe quit) when you have a pool of players who are active in the game and are not looking to return to Rookie.

Surely it would be possible to make a change to allocate any extra slots to the highest points scoring players in the relegation spaces and give them a reprieve??

Just an idea and sorry I have gone slightly off topic...
Michael Winkley
(Gruppo Amateur - 61)

N° post: 33335
  Nazione:
Galles 
Certificato: 
Vecchio Post #47 Data 24 Ott 2015, 09:46:25 Quota 
Keith, you have to think of the financial consequences that would have on those that succeed, or wish to, in the game as a result of any change. The relegation from amateur is important for those that don't drop out, primarily because of how the sponsorship system works in this game. By constricting the number that go down you are also constricting those that go up. The rookie-amateur dynamic re sponsorship is the one major thing that gives upcoming managers any chance of getting established in Elite, believe it or not.
Keith Partridge
(Gruppo Amateur - 56)

Nazione:
Galles 
Certificato: 
Vecchio Post #48 Data 24 Ott 2015, 09:56:21 Quota 
Sorry it is early in the morning and I have not had my coffee yet but I am confused by that. I am not suggesting blocking anyone from going up only stopping people who are not ready to go up from being promoted by keeping people who are active in the game and due to luck of the draw as to what Amateur group they are in get relegated back to Rookie and possibly quit. I know if I had been relegated I was wondering if I could face the new driver search and training again
Quote ( Michael Winkley @ October 24th 2015,09:46:25 )

The rookie-amateur dynamic re sponsorship is the one major thing that gives upcoming managers any chance of getting established in Elite, believe it or not.

I will leave that one to later to try to work out - as I said it is early and I have not had my coffee!!!

Michael Winkley
(Gruppo Amateur - 61)

Nazione:
Galles 
Certificato: 
Vecchio Post #49 Data 24 Ott 2015, 10:16:17 Quota 
I wasn't 100% clear. The constricting of people going up is in relation to their finances, and due to increased competition for sponsors. People relegating to rookie helps others to build a more solid platform on their way up.
Keith Partridge
(Gruppo Amateur - 56)

Nazione:
Galles 
Certificato: 
Vecchio Post #50 Data 24 Ott 2015, 10:21:58 Quota 
Coffee on board... I now understand.. But if we are talking of Amateur there is the same number of players seeking the same number of sponsors no???
Michael Winkley
(Gruppo Amateur - 61)

Nazione:
Galles 
Certificato: 
Vecchio Post #51 Data 24 Ott 2015, 10:30:15 Quota 
If I'm competing with a guy finishing 30th every race, but he is only negotiating with one sponsor whilst I'm in ten negotiations, I can't beat him to a sponsor if he retains as a result of your proposed change. If he relegates then I have an uncontested sponsor with decent negotiation progress.
For him, the quest to get one sponsor soon is important, whereas as for me that would be a sign of poor management. The better managers actually need poor managers to drop out of amateur, since that is ultimately the mechanism by which they build their base for success.

It is difficult to grasp unless you've seen how difficult it can be to obtain sponsors higher up in the game, where their income is essential.
Edwin Silva
(Gruppo Pro - 11)

N° post: 2235
  Nazione:
Colombia 
Certificato: 
Vecchio Post #52 Data 24 Ott 2015, 10:32:43 Quota 
Maybe what Michael is trying to say is that amateur is a nice place to hoard sponsors if you are intending to go to Elite further down the road. There are several reasons for that. First, the overall level is lower than in the higher leagues, so fighting for sponsors is easier. Second, the sponsor advance is high. Third, but most important, 15 managers are going down to rookie each season, and, unlike what it happens in the other leagues, they lose all their signed sponsors and the negotiations advance, which means the sponsor availability is huge.

In that regards, getting huge sponsor reserves in amateur isn't complicated. It is not for free there are currently 5 amateurs in the top 25 sponsor income stat, despite the average money per sponsor is quite lower in amateur than in the higher leagues. However, if the number of demoters to rookie is reduced, the sponsor availability would also be decreased, which means hoarding sponsors gets more complicated. Since one common (and probably mandatory) strategy for upcoming managers to Elite is to arrive there with as much sponsor backup as possible, any dynamics change would make establishing in Elite even harder.

That being said, if that's what Michael tried to imply, I wouldn't agree. Whereas harder, sponsor hoarding in master is way more lucrative. As long as your non-trainables are at a great level, you can stay in master indefinitely, hoarding sponsors at will. Amateur sponsors are peanuts compared with that.
Michael Winkley
(Gruppo Amateur - 61)

Nazione:
Galles 
Certificato: 
Vecchio Post #53 Data 24 Ott 2015, 10:36:21 Quota 
Yet you don't see managers hoarding at Master and then being successful in Elite.
Edwin Silva
(Gruppo Pro - 11)

N° post: 2235
  Nazione:
Colombia 
Certificato: 
Vecchio Post #54 Data 24 Ott 2015, 10:44:53 Quota 
Actually, Jan Pavlicek built some tasty sponsor backup at Master. Same as Ioannis Dimitroglou, who is arriving in Elite with quite some nice sponsor backup. Christos Bobolis was between Elite and Master for a gazillion seasons before getting prepared enough to get a championship. That off the top of my head, but that's already more than the managers I can recall of who stayed in amateur for a while, hoarding sponsors and then succesfully attacking Elite.

In any case, there is way higher correlation between the experience (*cough* staff experience *cough*) and being succesful at Elite than anything else.
Keith Partridge
(Gruppo Amateur - 56)

Nazione:
Galles 
Certificato: 
Vecchio Post #55 Data 24 Ott 2015, 10:51:22 Quota 
We were thinkiong of this from opposite angles.

I was trying to keep more people playing and supporting so as the charges would not go up again (!!!), but I understand what you are saying and have actually just started to notice the problems with sponsor negotiations.

But it was just an idea.....
Michael Winkley
(Gruppo Amateur - 61)

Nazione:
Galles 
Certificato: 
Vecchio Post #56 Data 24 Ott 2015, 10:56:37 Quota 
The game won't increase it's number of supporters without drastic changes. The reality is that Vlad lacks the resources to make such changes, with or without the price increase. Vlad has coding skills, but poor judgement. The other Admins have useful skills but no time. There isn't a team driving the game forward anymore.
Luis Somoza
(Gruppo Rookie - 52)

N° post: 450
  Nazione:
Stati Uniti 
Certificato: 
Vecchio Post #57 Data 27 Ott 2015, 04:35:31 (Ultima modifica 27 Ott 2015, 04:36:18 da Mason Somoza) Quota 
So, if no one is pushing the game forward anymore, what is the prognosis for this to get any better?

Not trying to sound like a jerk, I like the game, but it's always nice to see games evolve.
Hector Chamate
(Gruppo Amateur - 75)

Nazione:
Venezuela 
Certificato: 
Vecchio Post #58 Data 27 Ott 2015, 05:28:31 Quota 
Thank you all for your insights and recommendations. I wil try to retain AMA this season, having envisioned the amazing 34 race contract thingy just now (it takes a while to learn...)

I really think i was EXTREMELLY lucky last season, i WILL fight for points this time.

BTW, i noted you're all talking about Master and Elite, but not about Pro. Is it that....irrelevant?
Michael Winkley
(Gruppo Amateur - 61)

Nazione:
Galles 
Certificato: 
Vecchio Post #59 Data 27 Ott 2015, 07:20:41 Quota 
Pro is a halfway house. We've all been there, but we won't admit it. :)
Phil Maunder
(Gruppo Pro - 7)

N° post: 10003
  Nazione:
Inghilterra 
Certificato: 
Vecchio Post #60 Data 27 Ott 2015, 08:04:15 Quota 
I've never been to Pro
Pagina « 1 [23 » Vai alla pagina:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Newbie forum > No points in Amateur, so relegate? Aggiungi questa discussione alla tua lista da ignorare Aggiungi questa discussione alla tua lista da tenere d'occhio

Rispondi a questo topic