David Rolleston1
(Gruppo Master - 3)

N° post: 2618
  Nazione:
Inghilterra 
Certificato: 
Post apprezzato (0)   Post sgradito (0)
Vecchio Post #31 Data 21 Mar 2017, 22:00:59 Quota 
And the chances of that? Two managers exact same balance at the time of offer?
Mikko Heikkinen
(Gruppo Pro - 4)

N° post: 12503
  Nazione:
Finlandia 
Certificato: 
Vecchio Post #32 Data 21 Mar 2017, 22:03:34 (Ultima modifica 21 Mar 2017, 22:04:42 da Mikko Heikkinen) Quota 
high chance ?

bonus doesn't have to be maxxed in order to be equal
Miel Soeterbroek
(Gruppo Amateur - 42)

N° post: 3107
  Nazione:
Paesi Bassi 
Certificato: 
Vecchio Post #33 Data 21 Mar 2017, 22:03:40 (Ultima modifica 21 Mar 2017, 22:04:10 da Miel Soeterbroek) Quota 
Quote ( Mason Somoza @ March 21st 2017,21:48:02 )

What???? How many times have I heard rookie is where you f up???

Hell they have a roookie reset for god's sake...

And if they're too dense to tell from the salaries of the majority of drivers in the driver market, that they don't need to offer $15 million a race, then that's on them.

It's one thing if there is a guide or tutorial they start out with that suggests not paying more than say $1 million, but a hard cap? Nah

They have rookie reset.

EDIT - maybe they should be allowed one contract cancellation on the house, rather than paying a penalty to cancel a bad contract.

You're conveniently overlooking the other reason why Robin suggested it, Mason:

Quote ( Robin Goodey @ March 21st 2017,18:49:10 )

1) People trying (for whatever stupid reason) to have the highest salary driver in the game

Quote ( Robin Goodey @ March 21st 2017,18:53:11 )

To stop good drivers getting wasted and made unemployable.

Concrete example: a certain fella in Master has ruined a perfectly fine driver by signing him for 15M a race. A cap on the salary could have prevented this.

And seriously, a 5M cap is still pretty high right? I can see no valid case to offer such amounts to a driver, can you?

If David is correct, and there is a certain measure in place to limit the asking salaries of drivers coming back to the market (even if they had a ridiculous contract before), that would 'solve' the drivers being ruined forever, but i'd still applaud it if there was a limit in place.

Yes, rookie is where you mess up, and there's always rookie reset, but a high cap of 5M would not change it. Even a 5M salary in Rookie would give managers a nearly unrecoverable push towards either the exit or the reset button.

There's a cap on the bonuses, why not on the salary too?

And finally, there is already a hard cap on the salary: 99.999.999 to be exact.
Why not tweak that to a more appropriate value?

Martin Irla
(Gruppo Amateur - 78)

N° post: 660
  Nazione:
Uruguay 
Certificato: 
Vecchio Post #34 Data 21 Mar 2017, 22:03:46 Quota 
If theres already a maxxed offer,cant understand why it wouldnt be possible Mikko,all you have to do is lower that max and it would be the same situation....and to be in that situation you dont have to have a maxxed offer,2 diferent managers can offer the same and still the driver have to choose one...And then,you have also what David said.....so,its entirely possible to have maxxed offers in this model Mikko,It would be the same as now,the only thing that would change is the maximum you can offer,but all the rest is just the same.....
Mikko Heikkinen
(Gruppo Pro - 4)

Nazione:
Finlandia 
Certificato: 
Vecchio Post #35 Data 21 Mar 2017, 22:11:00 (Ultima modifica 21 Mar 2017, 22:11:15 da Mikko Heikkinen) Quota 
Quote ( Martin Irla @ March 21st 2017,22:03:46 )

If theres already a maxxed offer,cant understand why it wouldnt be possible Mikko,all you have to do is lower that max and it would be the same situation....

Then let me try to clarify:

IF there was a fixxed max salary (let's say) 5M, it could quite easily be offered by several people. But the current max salary is personal . The max salary you can offer differs from what I can offer, therefore it's less likely to get 2 matching offers.

2 diferent managers can offer the same and still the driver have to choose one...

Driver goes where (s)he gets the most money, that's why itt's important to reduce the chance of 2 or more exactly equal offers

And then,you have also what David said.....so,its entirely possible to have maxxed offers in this model Mikko,It would be the same as now,the only thing that would change is the maximum you can offer,but all the rest is just the same....

Not the same at all, because a fixxed max offer would make it the same limit for all, which would exponentially increase the chance of matching offers

Does this clarify at all ?
Martin Irla
(Gruppo Amateur - 78)

Nazione:
Uruguay 
Certificato: 
Vecchio Post #36 Data 21 Mar 2017, 22:14:39 Quota 
Nope....Agree that without a maximum possible offer reduces the chances that 2 managers make the same offer,but that can very well happen anyway....so its a thing of reducing possibilities,not that it cant be applied in any model....think its a very easy concept to grasp....
Mike Brummert
(Gruppo Pro - 2)

N° post: 5012
  Nazione:
Stati Uniti 
Certificato: 
Post apprezzato (3)   Post sgradito (0)
Vecchio Post #37 Data 21 Mar 2017, 22:23:02 Quota 
To everyone who is trying to justify this as a protection for new players, how is a 4 mil cap going to save a rookie managers season?
Mikko Heikkinen
(Gruppo Pro - 4)

Nazione:
Finlandia 
Certificato: 
Vecchio Post #38 Data 21 Mar 2017, 22:27:08 Quota 
Quote ( Miel Soeterbroek @ March 21st 2017,22:03:40 )

And seriously, a 5M cap is still pretty high right? I can see no valid case to offer such amounts to a driver, can you?

Maybe not now. How'bout when in Master/Elite and find a driver who conserves energy superbly :)

As time goes by, energy may increase drivers salaries accross the board

If David is correct, and there is a certain measure in place to limit the asking salaries of drivers coming back to the market (even if they had a ridiculous contract before), that would 'solve' the drivers being ruined forever,

He is correct

There's a cap on the bonuses, why not on the salary too?

And is the bonus cap a fixxed number ? No

Then why should the salary cap be any different
Dave Morris
(Gruppo Amateur - 97)

N° post: 321
  Nazione:
Canada 
Certificato: 
Vecchio Post #39 Data 21 Mar 2017, 22:37:15 Quota 
While I understand the complaint regarding high salaries either as a result of little knowl edge in the game such as a rookie or a experienced manager pushing the salary of a good driver to the sky, I don't really have a problem with it. Capping salaries could result in ties and then you get into first to bid which eliminates a fair market

Lots of drivers to pick from just as there in sponsors and TD so I do not see why we would need a change
Martin Irla
(Gruppo Amateur - 78)

Nazione:
Uruguay 
Certificato: 
Vecchio Post #40 Data 21 Mar 2017, 22:38:16 Quota 
What will be will be Mikko....Its possible that people start paying bigger salarys in the future,but right now theres nobody but Rookies that pay more than 4 mill,and even theres only 1 among over 8000 people,2 if you consider the ridiculous 15 mill that one guy pays in Master....If people start paying bigger salarys,you can always increase that maximum and no harm done....But right now,its completely unnecessary and it will save a lot of Rookies to make mistakes,plus protect some possible useful drivers to be no good anymore...In any case you can be in favour or against this suggestion,but not for not be possible to apply it in this model that there is now....
Roland Postle10
(Gruppo Elite)

N° post: 1855
  Nazione:
Inghilterra 
Certificato: 
Post apprezzato (1)   Post sgradito (0)
Vecchio Post #41 Data 21 Mar 2017, 22:38:21 Quota 
A 4mil limit is unnecessarily low imo. We were paying TDs up to that much legitimately in Elite some seasons back so why not drivers even more now their importance has increased? Even perhaps in Master. I'm not going to predict it will evolve that way but we should have the option of paying what we think they're worth. I also legitimately paid a driver over 4mil in Amateur for several races (although it wasn't his initial signing salary). 4mil is even too low to cope with the current driver rep mechanic.

'Ruined' driver salaries already drop very fast on the market, I don't think it's as much of a problem as people make out. But if they are an issue their asking salary could drop immediately to 4mil when being released back on to the market? That wouldn't stop anyone bidding more if they felt it was worth it. (From 4mil they still fall fast).

A warning seems sensible of course, for those occasions when a new player thinks the salary is a per-season amount.
Jukka Sireni2
(Gruppo Elite)

GPRO Crew
N° post: 3870
  Nazione:
Finlandia 
Certificato: 
Post apprezzato (2)   Post sgradito (0)
Vecchio Post #42 Data 21 Mar 2017, 22:46:28 Quota 
Quote ( Mikko Heikkinen @ March 21st 2017,22:11:00 )

IF there was a fixxed max salary (let's say) 5M, it could quite easily be offered by several people.

I guess there are some cases with identical offers when people (mostly newbies) offer exactly what the page gives them. At least currently it probably is more often than two people offering 4M and identical signing fee and bonuses if there was a 4M salary cap.
Martin Irla
(Gruppo Amateur - 78)

Nazione:
Uruguay 
Certificato: 
Vecchio Post #43 Data 21 Mar 2017, 22:49:14 Quota 
How about the same way the OA is topped for diferent cathegories,do the same with the salary???? Also it could be a good idea as Roland suggested,to bring down to some maximum salary a driver who was in a ridiculous contract....
Mikko Heikkinen
(Gruppo Pro - 4)

Nazione:
Finlandia 
Certificato: 
Vecchio Post #44 Data 21 Mar 2017, 23:00:57 Quota 
Quote ( Roland Postle @ March 21st 2017,22:38:21 )

I also legitimately paid a driver over 4mil in Amateur for several races (although it wasn't his initial signing salary). 4mil is even too low to cope with the current driver rep mechanic.

Quote ( Martin Irla @ March 21st 2017,22:49:14 )

Also it could be a good idea as Roland suggested,to bring down to some maximum salary a driver who was in a ridiculous contract....

How many drivers on the market ? Answer 16637

How many drivers on the market with excess of 4 mil salary request ? Answer: 2
Martin Irla
(Gruppo Amateur - 78)

Nazione:
Uruguay 
Certificato: 
Vecchio Post #45 Data 21 Mar 2017, 23:03:07 Quota 
The nsame could be asked and applied to this....how many managers are in Gpro???? How many pay a salary of 4 or 5k????
Patrik Balogh
(Gruppo Master - 5)

N° post: 1196
  Nazione:
Ungheria 
Certificato: 
Vecchio Post #46 Data 21 Mar 2017, 23:04:33 (Ultima modifica 21 Mar 2017, 23:05:44 da Patrik Balogh) Quota 
Quote ( Martin Irla @ March 21st 2017,23:03:07 )

how many managers are in Gpro????

I was actually also wondering about this question.
Miel Soeterbroek
(Gruppo Amateur - 42)

N° post: 3107
  Nazione:
Paesi Bassi 
Certificato: 
Vecchio Post #47 Data 21 Mar 2017, 23:08:11 Quota 
If i may be so bold to ask, what is that measure that is in place that limits the asking salary when a driver with a 15M contract returns to market?

Please don't FOBY me on this one, i will not be getting a 15M driver to find out! :D
Daley Atkinson
(Gruppo Amateur - 93)

N° post: 255
  Nazione:
Inghilterra 
Certificato: 
Vecchio Post #48 Data 21 Mar 2017, 23:09:51 Quota 
Quote ( Martin Irla @ March 21st 2017,19:04:02 )

Obviously that manager is taking the piss,he has done it on purpose....he is expirienced,has even been in Pro.And the 25 million its not even the worse thing....27 OA,101 kg,fatter than a whale and 42 years of age

He's being merciful and giving the driver one last big pay-day before retirement... Or something.

I dunno, I can imagine all those trips to McDonalds could add up in cost eventually! :P
Jukka Sireni2
(Gruppo Elite)

GPRO Crew
N° post: 3870
  Nazione:
Finlandia 
Certificato: 
Vecchio Post #49 Data 21 Mar 2017, 23:12:39 Quota 
Quote ( Miel Soeterbroek @ March 21st 2017,23:08:11 )

If i may be so bold to ask, what is that measure that is in place that limits the asking salary when a driver with a 15M contract returns to market?

I think there will be a good chance to FOBY it soon.
Mikko Heikkinen
(Gruppo Pro - 4)

Nazione:
Finlandia 
Certificato: 
Vecchio Post #50 Data 21 Mar 2017, 23:15:59 Quota 
Quote ( Martin Irla @ March 21st 2017,23:03:07 )

The nsame could be asked and applied to this....how many managers are in Gpro???? How many pay a salary of 4 or 5k????

Well that's actually an argument to my favor :)

So because ~5 managers in ALL of gpro is currently paying more than 5Mil, you'd like to introduce a hard limit which the admins would have to monitor and potentially adjust on season to season bases ?

Try re-reading Rolands post #41

Salaries are very much managerial choises
Martin Irla
(Gruppo Amateur - 78)

Nazione:
Uruguay 
Certificato: 
Post apprezzato (2)   Post sgradito (0)
Vecchio Post #51 Data 21 Mar 2017, 23:34:46 Quota 
But Mikko,im not against you....its only that it amuses me you being so against this,in fact it always amuses me how you are always against any suggestion that doesnt come from the game itself....In all honesty,i find it pretty irrelevant,a limit if properly done wont bother hardly anyone,but it could help a few,not to talk that its absolutely possible to implement and that it wont break any model as you suggested....and at least in every school in my country,a few is always more than almost anyone,so i think it could be a pretty good idea,at least not bad....anyway,i came to this thread cause i was bored,now i have some things to do....goodnight everybody....
Ivan Silva
(Gruppo Amateur - 91)

N° post: 5067
  Nazione:
Portogallo 
Certificato: 
Vecchio Post #52 Data 22 Mar 2017, 15:36:48 Quota 
Quote ( Niels Wolters @ March 21st 2017,18:55:11 )

Yes but like all women you have problems parking the car :P

I'll just park the car against a wall anyway.
Mason Somoza
(Gruppo Amateur - 54)

N° post: 450
  Nazione:
Nicaragua 
Certificato: 
Vecchio Post #53 Data 22 Mar 2017, 16:06:32 (Ultima modifica 22 Mar 2017, 16:07:35 da Mason Somoza) Quota 
If you're going to set a max, set it on something that is based on the managers finances, say 2-3% of their budget, that way max offers would still vary and you won't run into arguments about the cap preventing someone from signing a driver because of competing offers, although it is unlikely that people would offer the same bonuses, but you get my drift.

I'm still against the thought. So a good driver gets spoiled. Boo-hoo. Let the idiots pay him a ton. Watch them lose.

This is a management game you say? Well manage your finances. Don't be an idiot. If a manager in master is overpaying, then I'm guessing he may not make it to Elite... but so be it.
Hugo Merlin
(Gruppo Amateur - 61)

N° post: 218
  Nazione:
Portogallo 
Certificato: 
Vecchio Post #54 Data 22 Mar 2017, 16:31:01 (Ultima modifica 22 Mar 2017, 16:31:13 da Hugo Merlin) Quota 
Patrik Balogh mind games are indeed powerful :D

One (more) topic about him just because he signed a new driver. I wouldn’t have noticed if it wasn’t this topic and it´s #54 posts, including mine :)

I would say leave it as it is… 2 outlier salaries amongst thousands of drivers and managers.
Let the Admins focus on what is really important… like the new race view.
Mark Pinnick
(Gruppo Pro - 4)

N° post: 672
  Nazione:
Inghilterra 
Certificato: 
Vecchio Post #55 Data 22 Mar 2017, 17:11:06 Quota 
Quote ( Robin Goodey @ March 21st 2017,18:49:10 )

I'd also suggest, mostly to combat point 2 above, that if a manager offers over, say, 2m per race to a driver, a pop up appears to inform them that the salary offered is very high and do they really want to offer that amount?

Robin; I agree with this part. A pop-up can be a handy reminder (especially if you've put an extra 0 in by accident).

In relation to the incident that flagged this to your attention in the first place, and the salary cap idea; I'm not sure there's much that can be done. Pretty much any salary cap that would be acceptable to the masses would result in drivers being "ruined". Even a £2m salary is difficult for a young driver to recover from.
Edwin Silva
(Gruppo Master - 3)

N° post: 2235
  Nazione:
Colombia 
Certificato: 
Vecchio Post #56 Data 22 Mar 2017, 17:25:47 (Ultima modifica 22 Mar 2017, 17:37:04 da Edwin Silva) Quota 
Quote ( Mikko Heikkinen @ March 21st 2017,21:55:01 )

If 2 equally maxxed offers came to the driver, how would the driver decide.

I guess the same way 2 identical offers are currently sorted by the game.

Edit: About ruined drivers, the main factor that permanently screws them is stats reduction rate when they are inactive. My driver from S41 to S46 ended at OA 177, 28 years old. He wasn't good enough for Elite and it took +3 seasons to go down to Master OA. By then, he was utterly useless, because his stamina had gone down to worthless levels, which meant a decent driver when the contract was over (stats next) was done for good.

OA 176
CON 225
TAL 215
AGG 54
EXP 188
TI 203
STA 207
CHA 125
MOT 10
REP 9
WEI 62
AGE 28
Jan Velske3
(Gruppo Elite)

N° post: 897
  Nazione:
Germania 
Certificato: 
Vecchio Post #57 Data 22 Mar 2017, 19:16:32 Quota 
Cant put a price in stupidity. If i cant get a driver, Make him useless!
Ivan Salfa
(Gruppo Amateur - 25)

N° post: 988
  Nazione:
Grecia 
Certificato: 
Vecchio Post #58 Data 30 Apr 2017, 01:04:31 (Ultima modifica 30 Apr 2017, 01:04:54 da Ivan Salfa) Quota 
A drivers salary can be 'defaulted' to a standardised minimum after 17? races or 1? season of not being hired.
This way all 'made too expensive' good drivers will only lose 1? season of being inactive and recycle back to the active game sooner than later.

Don't know about the details - laying out the general concept

Pagina « 1 [2 Vai alla pagina:

Rispondi a questo topic