Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Bug forum > Part wear on unused parts? Aggiungi questa discussione alla tua lista da ignorare Aggiungi questa discussione alla tua lista da tenere d'occhio
Pagina [1
Autore Topic: Part wear on unused parts? 13 risposte
Ian Brooks
(Gruppo Rookie - 19)

N° post: 26
  Nazione:
Inghilterra 
Certificato: 
Post apprezzato (0)   Post sgradito (0)
Vecchio Post #1 Data 29 Nov 2020, 15:53:57 Quota 
Before race 1 of this season I updated my car with Level 2 Chassis, Engine, Gearbox and Brakes. Having now reached race 4, both my engine and brakes won't make it through another race, so I've gone to downgrade them to the Level 1 parts, only to discover that the Level 1 Engine is at 62% wear and the brakes are at 70%.

My understanding was that these were completely separate parts to the Level 2 parts, and as they have not been used at all since the beginning of the season should still be at 0% wear?

If I am correct, then this looks like a bug in how part wear is calculated against unused parts, otherwise I would appreciate someone explaining why the parts have accumulated wear in this fasion
Jun Ho
(Gruppo Amateur - 78)

N° post: 8525
  Nazione:
Hong Kong 
Certificato: 
Post apprezzato (1)   Post sgradito (0)
Vecchio Post #2 Data 29 Nov 2020, 15:56:42 (Ultima modifica 29 Nov 2020, 15:56:56 da Jun Ho) Quota 
Quote ( Ian Brooks @ November 29th 2020,15:53:57 )

Before race 1 of this season I updated my car with Level 2 Chassis, Engine, Gearbox and Brakes. Having now reached race 4, both my engine and brakes won't make it through another race, so I've gone to downgrade them to the Level 1 parts, only to discover that the Level 1 Engine is at 62% wear and the brakes are at 70%.

My understanding was that these were completely separate parts to the Level 2 parts, and as they have not been used at all since the beginning of the season should still be at 0% wear?

If I am correct, then this looks like a bug in how part wear is calculated against unused parts, otherwise I would appreciate someone explaining why the parts have accumulated wear in this fasion

They aren't separate parts. They are the same part that you are upgrading or downgrading. With an upgrade, you will always use a new part which is why the part is at 0%. If you aree downgrading, you are downgrading the existing part and that is why you will still have wear on the part.
Matías Alloatti
(Gruppo Amateur - 83)

N° post: 314
  Nazione:
Argentina 
Certificato: 
Post apprezzato (5)   Post sgradito (0)
Vecchio Post #3 Data 29 Nov 2020, 16:01:52 (Ultima modifica 29 Nov 2020, 16:03:12 da Matías Alloatti) Quota 
When you downgrade, you don't replace a level 2 part with a new level part 1 with 0%.

Think it this way, a level 2 part with wear (lets say 80%) maybe needs some welding. If you weld it, you are extending it's duration (lets say 80% to 62% wear) but reducing its performance (level 2 -> level 1).

When you buy new parts, the old parts are trashed, you don't keep them.

Next time check out that when you want to downgrade, the game actually tells you the new wear of the downgraded part
Ian Brooks
(Gruppo Rookie - 19)

Nazione:
Inghilterra 
Certificato: 
Vecchio Post #4 Data 29 Nov 2020, 16:02:18 Quota 
Quote ( Jun Ho @ November 29th 2020,15:56:42 )

They aren't separate parts. They are the same part that you are upgrading or downgrading. With an upgrade, you will always use a new part which is why the part is at 0%. If you aree downgrading, you are downgrading the existing part and that is why you will still have wear on the part.

Ok, that makes a certain amount of sense, however why would the current amount of wear reduce by downgrading the part? I can understand a reduced level of wear on a downgraded part going forwards, but the reduction in current wear doesn't make sense unless it is a different part or the upgrade/downgrade terminology is incorrect and it should be more like replace/refurb
Ian Brooks
(Gruppo Rookie - 19)

Nazione:
Inghilterra 
Certificato: 
Vecchio Post #5 Data 29 Nov 2020, 16:03:19 Quota 
Quote ( Matías Alloatti @ November 29th 2020,16:01:52 )

When you downgrade, you don't replace a level 2 part with a new level part 1 with 0%.

Think it this way, a level 2 part with wear (lets say 805) maybe needs some welding. If you weld it, you are extending it's duration (lets say 80% to 62% wear) but reducing its performance (level 2 -> level 1).

When you buy new parts, the old parts are trashed, you don't keep them.

Next time check out that when you want to downgrade, the game actually tells you the new wear of the downgraded part

Ah, so it is more a repair part rather than a downgrade in replacement terms. That makes much more sense in that case
Matías Alloatti
(Gruppo Amateur - 83)

N° post: 314
  Nazione:
Argentina 
Certificato: 
Vecchio Post #6 Data 29 Nov 2020, 16:10:04 Quota 
Yes, you could think it as a repair.

Another thing you can check out is that you can actually buy a new part with a lower level than the one you currently have. That guarantees a new 0% wear part but it will cost you money of course. Downgrading is free.
Tibor Szuromi
(Gruppo Amateur - 4)

N° post: 11898
  Nazione:
Ungheria 
Certificato: 
Vecchio Post #7 Data 29 Nov 2020, 16:12:16 Quota 
What's wrong with that?
Ian Brooks
(Gruppo Rookie - 19)

Nazione:
Inghilterra 
Certificato: 
Post apprezzato (2)   Post sgradito (0)
Vecchio Post #8 Data 29 Nov 2020, 16:21:28 (Ultima modifica 29 Nov 2020, 16:21:50 da Ian Brooks) Quota 
Quote ( Matías Alloatti @ November 29th 2020,16:10:04 )

Yes, you could think it as a repair.

Another thing you can check out is that you can actually buy a new part with a lower level than the one you currently have. That guarantees a new 0% wear part but it will cost you money of course. Downgrading is free.

I think my original assumption was that you had the options of upgrading to a new higher level part, replacing with a new part of the same level, purchasing a lower level new part, or downgrading to your existing "used" lower level part with whatever wear it had before it was upgraded initially. Clearly I got that one wrong, but it wasn't obvious from the Wiki or Help pages

Thanks for helping to clear it up for me, will certainly help in future
Mikko Heikkinen
(Gruppo Pro - 5)

N° post: 12503
  Nazione:
Finlandia 
Certificato: 
Post apprezzato (2)   Post sgradito (0)
Vecchio Post #9 Data 29 Nov 2020, 17:39:54 (Ultima modifica 29 Nov 2020, 17:55:22 da Mikko Heikkinen) Quota 
Quote ( Ian Brooks @ November 29th 2020,16:21:28 )

but it wasn't obvious from the Wiki or Help pages

since you mention those...

Before race 1 of this season I updated my car with Level 2 Chassis, Engine, Gearbox and Brakes.

/GPRONoobGuide.asp#money

The initial temptation is to go straight into “Update Car” and spend all your money on making your car instantly faster. This is a huge no-no

This might not help you in your current question, but there is more in that document which may help in the future.

and someone else (new to GPRO) might be reading this and may find it helpful :)
Darren Brown
(Gruppo Rookie - 109)

N° post: 257
  Nazione:
Inghilterra 
Certificato: 
Vecchio Post #10 Data 29 Nov 2020, 18:19:52 Quota 
As Mikko said above, and also ask your team mates you may get more detailed responses from them :)
Roy Mitchell
(Gruppo Amateur - 67)

N° post: 5905
  Nazione:
Canada 
Certificato: 
Post apprezzato (1)   Post sgradito (0)
Vecchio Post #11 Data 30 Nov 2020, 02:27:05 Quota 
Think of your team as a human Gpro wikipedia, mate. ;)
Ian Brooks
(Gruppo Rookie - 19)

Nazione:
Inghilterra 
Certificato: 
Vecchio Post #12 Data 30 Nov 2020, 09:32:13 Quota 
Quote ( Mikko Heikkinen @ November 29th 2020,17:39:54 )

Quote ( Ian Brooks @ November 29th 2020,16:21:28 )

but it wasn't obvious from the Wiki or Help pages
since you mention those...

Before race 1 of this season I updated my car with Level 2 Chassis, Engine, Gearbox and Brakes.
/GPRONoobGuide.asp#money

The initial temptation is to go straight into “Update Car” and spend all your money on making your car instantly faster. This is a huge no-no

This might not help you in your current question, but there is more in that document which may help in the future.

and someone else (new to GPRO) might be reading this and may find it helpful :)

Thanks Mikko, the only thing I would say from that is that it doesn't explicitly say whether or not the parts are replacements or not, but that's why this game is all about learning!

As you say, hopefully this will help others in future, but it'll certainly stop me making the same mistake again!
Terence Webb
(Gruppo Pro - 14)

N° post: 245
  Nazione:
Sudafrica 
Certificato: 
Vecchio Post #13 Data 1 Mag 2021, 09:37:11 Quota 
with the excessive part wear on some tracks would it not be possible when changing a worn part and the part you are removing has say 85% wear or less it goes into your inventory to be used later in the season at no costs - so you will have 3x options when updating car parts - replace with a new part - downgrade to a less worn part - fit old used part
Basil Dazz
(Gruppo Rookie - 99)

N° post: 108
  Nazione:
Inghilterra 
Certificato: 
Vecchio Post #14 Data 1 Mag 2021, 11:14:03 Quota 
To what extent would a 'stock room' complicate the game?
Pagina [1
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Bug forum > Part wear on unused parts? Aggiungi questa discussione alla tua lista da ignorare Aggiungi questa discussione alla tua lista da tenere d'occhio

Rispondi a questo topic