Entra per votare o vedere i risultati del sondaggio
Autore Topic: Change tyres for Q2 24 risposte
Jean Chapados
(Gruppo Amateur - 58)

N° post: 276
  Nazione:
Canada 
Certificato: 
Post apprezzato (2)   Post sgradito (27)
Vecchio Post #1 Data 18 Set 2021, 15:25:51 Quota 
How many of you one day or another did the Q1 with the wrong tyres? For some tracks is not a big deal but for some others is simply ruined your race.

Why not give the posibility of changing the tyres for Q2 with a penality, (Example, lost 10 posision on the grid? Of course, the tyres for Q2 will be used for the race.
Kyle Morris
(Gruppo Pro - 3)

N° post: 6688
  Nazione:
Inghilterra 
Certificato: 
Post apprezzato (17)   Post sgradito (0)
Vecchio Post #2 Data 18 Set 2021, 15:30:01 Quota 
Because it can be easily exploited as you can get a good Q1 then ideal tyres in the race. You can easily use ES in Q1, get a quick time, then be like "let use hards for the race" drop the 10 places and still win as you can be on the ideal strategy
Nicolas Valentino
(Gruppo Amateur - 52)

N° post: 5
  Nazione:
Argentina 
Certificato: 
Post apprezzato (0)   Post sgradito (2)
Vecchio Post #3 Data 18 Set 2021, 15:43:46 Quota 
Ethan Littlejohns
(Gruppo Amateur - 8)

N° post: 2361
  Nazione:
Inghilterra 
Certificato: 
Post apprezzato (8)   Post sgradito (1)
Vecchio Post #4 Data 18 Set 2021, 15:43:57 Quota 
If you mean you accidentally qualified with the wrong compound, that's a pretty easy thing to fix. Just double check you have the tyres you want before qualifying. In 833 races I have never qualified on the wrong dry compound accidentally. More often people qualify on dry tyres in the rain or the other way round, but that's irrelevant for this suggestion.

If you mean that you made a mistake and want to change your strategy, unfortunately that's part of the game and imo shouldn't be changed. Otherwise you could end up giving 2nd chances for everything.

To me it doesn't even matter if it can't be exploited, it's an overcomplication that isn't needed.
Jean Chapados
(Gruppo Amateur - 58)

Nazione:
Canada 
Certificato: 
Post apprezzato (0)   Post sgradito (1)
Vecchio Post #5 Data 18 Set 2021, 15:47:27 Quota 
Quote ( Kyle Morris @ September 18th 2021,15:30:01 )

Because it can be easily exploited as you can get a good Q1 then ideal tyres in the race. You can easily use ES in Q1, get a quick time, then be like "let use hards for the race" drop the 10 places and still win as you can be on the ideal strategy

But the penality can be different, such add 3 sec on your Q1 time, that will be more costly than used hard at first place.

Ricardo Antunes
(Gruppo Amateur - 28)

N° post: 2566
  Nazione:
Portogallo 
Certificato: 
Post apprezzato (6)   Post sgradito (6)
Vecchio Post #6 Data 18 Set 2021, 15:47:46 Quota 
Quote ( Nicolas Valentino @ September 18th 2021,15:43:46 )

I wish we had a system where we could just disaprove people's posts with a click without flooding the thread...

Cant think of a solution though... maybe a thumbs up/down system?

Naaaah thats crazy we will never have something like that.
Jean Chapados
(Gruppo Amateur - 58)

Nazione:
Canada 
Certificato: 
Vecchio Post #7 Data 18 Set 2021, 15:53:05 (Ultima modifica 18 Set 2021, 15:54:05 da Jean Chapados) Quota 
Quote ( Ethan Littlejohns @ September 18th 2021,15:43:57 )

If you mean you accidentally qualified with the wrong compound, that's a pretty easy thing to fix. Just double check you have the tyres you want before qualifying. In 833 races I have never qualified on the wrong dry compound accidentally. More often people qualify on dry tyres in the rain or the other way round, but that's irrelevant for this suggestion.

If you mean that you made a mistake and want to change your strategy, unfortunately that's part of the game and imo shouldn't be changed. Otherwise you could end up giving 2nd chances for everything.

To me it doesn't even matter if it can't be exploited, it's an overcomplication that isn't needed.

I see your point, but I just did it for the first time at my 627 race. It was unfortunate as it was a track were Xsoft was the worst strategy. Anyway, there is a way to make it posible where the penality will be good enough to not use it as an advantage.
Mikko Heikkinen
(Gruppo Pro - 5)

N° post: 12503
  Nazione:
Finlandia 
Certificato: 
Post apprezzato (2)   Post sgradito (0)
Vecchio Post #8 Data 18 Set 2021, 16:04:15 (Ultima modifica 18 Set 2021, 16:08:47 da Mikko Heikkinen) Quota 
Quote ( Jean Chapados @ September 18th 2021,15:53:05 )

I see your point, but I just did it for the first time at my 627 race. It was unfortunate as it was a track were Xsoft was the worst strategy. Anyway, there is a way to make it posible where the penality will be good enough to not use it as an advantage.

IF it's just about case like that, IF deemed necessary (personally I think not necessary) there would be a far simpler solution, in which intentional misuse should not be possible.

Making the default tyre selection empty.

There are 2 potential downsides of this:

1) Everyone would have to choose tyres every time (even when using XS)
2) When one makes a mistake, it can be/is fortunate for others. This is a part of games and life in general

Therefore IMHO it's not necessary to make the change,

btw: I do think 1 mistake in 627 races is quite acceptable, no need to change the World because of that :)
Florencia Caro
(Gruppo Amateur - 58)

GPRO Crew
N° post: 17147
  Nazione:
Argentina 
Certificato: 
Post apprezzato (6)   Post sgradito (0)
Vecchio Post #9 Data 18 Set 2021, 16:09:45 Quota 
I'm OK with Jean picking the wrong compound 😜
Jean Chapados
(Gruppo Amateur - 58)

Nazione:
Canada 
Certificato: 
Post apprezzato (1)   Post sgradito (2)
Vecchio Post #10 Data 18 Set 2021, 16:15:23 Quota 
Quote ( Florencia Caro @ September 18th 2021,16:09:45 )

I'm OK with Jean picking the wrong compound 😜

Do not count on this next season :)

Jean Chapados
(Gruppo Amateur - 58)

Nazione:
Canada 
Certificato: 
Post apprezzato (0)   Post sgradito (3)
Vecchio Post #11 Data 18 Set 2021, 16:17:07 Quota 
Quote ( Mikko Heikkinen @ September 18th 2021,16:04:15 )

Making the default tyre selection empty.

I like this, not very difficult to implement.
Floris Maljers
(Gruppo Pro - 20)

N° post: 1012
  Nazione:
Paesi Bassi 
Certificato: 
Vecchio Post #12 Data 18 Set 2021, 16:18:50 Quota 
I could imagine using it as a supporter feature for a lot of credits (like with a car update undo or something like that)

But only after Q1 obviously
Thijs Rieken
(Gruppo Amateur - 42)

N° post: 1042
  Nazione:
Paesi Bassi 
Certificato: 
Post apprezzato (0)   Post sgradito (0)
Vecchio Post #13 Data 18 Set 2021, 16:26:26 Quota 
Well can we at least get a fresh set of tyres for Q2 then? Sheesh those suppliers are stingy.
Ethan Littlejohns
(Gruppo Amateur - 8)

N° post: 2361
  Nazione:
Inghilterra 
Certificato: 
Vecchio Post #14 Data 18 Set 2021, 16:28:02 (Ultima modifica 18 Set 2021, 16:29:02 da Ethan Littlejohns) Quota 
Quote ( Floris Maljers @ September 18th 2021,16:18:50 )

I could imagine using it as a supporter feature for a lot of credits (like with a car update undo or something like that)

But only after Q1 obviously

This won't work. Either you undo and keep the qualifying time, which can be abused by always choosing xsoft, or you undo and remove the qualifying time, which can be abused until you get a good time.

Edit: Just realised you probably meant while keeping some sort of penalty. If so then I still disagree like in my before post :P
Ricardo Antunes
(Gruppo Amateur - 28)

Nazione:
Portogallo 
Certificato: 
Vecchio Post #15 Data 18 Set 2021, 16:28:51 Quota 
Quote ( Thijs Rieken @ September 18th 2021,16:26:26 )

Well can we at least get a fresh set of tyres for Q2 then? Sheesh those suppliers are stingy.

Oh they are cold alright
Malcolm Christiansen
(Gruppo Amateur - 68)

N° post: 260
  Nazione:
Irlanda 
Certificato: 
Post apprezzato (1)   Post sgradito (0)
Vecchio Post #16 Data 18 Set 2021, 16:36:11 Quota 
Quote ( Kyle Morris @ September 18th 2021,15:30:01 )

I disagree with the suggestion as a whole but you can shift this penalty to ensure it is never a benefit. I.e. Just give a fixed time penalty that is bigger than the biggest possible difference between XS and H. That way not only are not getting a benefit from using XS in Q1, they are still worse off than if they had picked Hards in Q1.
Stuart Foster
(Gruppo Pro - 12)

N° post: 12459
  Nazione:
Inghilterra 
Certificato: 
Vecchio Post #17 Data 18 Set 2021, 16:41:59 (Ultima modifica 18 Set 2021, 16:45:05 da Stuart Foster) Quota 
One thing I think should be explored is something like a sprint qualifying (75 km total distance or 20 laps), mandatory stop and you start the race on the tyres you end the sprint session with. So, people would then start the race with different tyre conditions. Anyone who crosses the line at lap 20 without a pit, starts from the back of the grid (and if there’s multiple people that do so, they line-up one behind each other at the back in the order they crossed the sprint finish). Well, in my mind it would add an intriguing dynamic to the ensuing race itself :)

Bert Meeus
(Gruppo Amateur - 57)

N° post: 71
  Nazione:
Belgio 
Certificato: 
Post apprezzato (4)   Post sgradito (0)
Vecchio Post #18 Data 20 Set 2021, 11:17:55 Quota 
I guess most tyre selection errors occur because the XS tyre is selected by default, and people forget to change it. If by default no tyre would be preselected by the system, these errors could easily be avoided, because if you would attempt to do Q1 without any preselected tyre compound, the webpage could simply give an error. Maybe this could be something only for supporters (a bit similar to the weather warning if you have selected the wrong tyres for the weather).

This error could happen to anyone, I do not believe all those who answered 'I will never do this mistake'. Last season I was sitting next to my gf who was watching some dull tv show. I was preparing for Q1 and was almost finished doing so, I only had to change the tyres still. Suddenly my gf asked me some unimportant things related to the show and for an instant I forgot that men cannot multitask so while answering I simply pushed the qualify button, and qualified on the ES on a track where the hard compound was by far the best tyre!
Cristian Cattaneo
(Gruppo Pro - 4)

N° post: 348
  Nazione:
Italia 
Certificato: 
Vecchio Post #19 Data 20 Set 2021, 13:04:51 (Ultima modifica 20 Set 2021, 13:05:39 da Cristian Cattaneo) Quota 
I think that change the tyre compound on Q2 round, even if with a penality, is not the right way...also because the amount of penality is not easy to decide...Sometime will be right, sometime not, giving bad humor about who wrong or who doesn't
So I agree with Jean living the mistake

By my opinion a good thing may be have a warning window appearing when you click "drive lap" or "drive stint" in the testing screen, showing something like "do you have selected correctly all the options?" and then running the lap only after have confirmed
Like when choosing the wrong tyre depending by the weather (sometime we do it for strategy and it is ok, sometime not)

It may be a feature only for Gpro Supporter as well

I think it may be interesting

I suggest this thing, because by my side it happened 1 or 2 times only due to a touch pad sensivity problem of my laptop, being the pointer of the mouse really close to the drive button when you are choosing the qualification lap risk or the testing priority.

In this case if wrongly tap the touchpad 2 times in a row quickly, the lap will be ran without any occasion to realize the mistake, and believe me...It is really boring 😅

I hope it is clear...sorry about my English if wrong
Niels Van Heijster
(Gruppo Amateur - 9)

N° post: 1407
  Nazione:
Paesi Bassi 
Certificato: 
Post apprezzato (4)   Post sgradito (0)
Vecchio Post #20 Data 20 Set 2021, 13:47:23 Quota 
Personally I don't like the whole "change compounds and penalty" line of thinking. As it currently is, from a programmer perspective, it's setup clean and simple. However,

1 | I can see the benefit of leaving the default choice of compound to either "empty" or "select compound" as @Mikko Heikkinen (P5) indicated.
2 | Also, as @Cristian Cattaneo (P4) indicated, the layout of pages indeed should make all a bit more careful as indeed sometimes the "action" buttons are stacked due to overlaying messages, etc.

Other than that, I quite like the simplest forms of creating the different pages. No need for making things over-complicated by offering additional (back-track) choices that potentially could be abused as well. The "reported issue" here is the same for all managers in the game, yet few mistakes seem to be made. So when you (as I did at some point in time) mess it up, just suck it up make the best of it, never mess it up again. And for those into more F1 realism in game here, in F1 there are little second chances either ;)
Jens Jäschke
(Gruppo Rookie - 12)

N° post: 511
  Nazione:
Germania 
Certificato: 
Vecchio Post #21 Data 21 Set 2021, 17:48:05 Quota 
Perhaps the easiest solution would be to make a new page for Q1 only, instead of lumping it in with the practice laps.
It might even be a straight clone of the practice screen, with only the title changed. Add a confirmation dialog on submission, warning that it's your qualification lap and we're golden.
Miguel Coelho
(Gruppo Rookie - 38)

N° post: 1
  Nazione:
Brasile 
Certificato: 
Post apprezzato (0)   Post sgradito (4)
Vecchio Post #22 Data 24 Set 2021, 00:34:10 (Ultima modifica 24 Set 2021, 00:39:07 da Miguel Coelho) Quota 
I would like the manager to have 2 (two) pilots and 2 (two) cars per team and that a system of 1st and 2nd driver would be added, which would give more realism to the game. I would like other "pilot view" modes during Q1, Q2 and the race.
Florencia Caro
(Gruppo Amateur - 58)

GPRO Crew
N° post: 17147
  Nazione:
Argentina 
Certificato: 
Vecchio Post #23 Data 24 Set 2021, 00:37:42 Quota 
Hi Miguel, a reminder that the language of the main forums is English, You have 30 minutes to edit your post, though

The suggestion you make is one fo the most common suggestions, historically speaking. I suggest you read the following:

https://wiki.gpro.net/index.php?title=Common_Suggestions_%26...
Jean Chapados
(Gruppo Amateur - 58)

Nazione:
Canada 
Certificato: 
Vecchio Post #24 Data 24 Set 2021, 03:28:34 Quota 
At the end of the day, after reading all comments. The best suggestion and probably the easiest to implement will be to simply leave the default tyres empty for Q1. Thank to all for your comments and suggestions.
Ricardo Antunes
(Gruppo Amateur - 28)

Nazione:
Portogallo 
Certificato: 
Post apprezzato (2)   Post sgradito (0)
Vecchio Post #25 Data 24 Set 2021, 10:37:55 Quota 
Doesn't the website already leave you in practice laps by default when you enter the page? The tyre used is right below it and you do need to go that button, switch to Q1, even set the risks. In all that frenzy you should be able to notice the tyre box, no?
Pagina [1

Rispondi a questo topic