Puslapis [1
Autorius Tema: Holiday car update 17 atsakymų
Maciej Stefanski
(Grupė Pro - 8)

Žinučių: 522
  Šalis:
Lenkija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Teigiamas įvertinimas (0)   Neigiamas įvertinimas (0)
Sena žinutė #1 parašyta 2013-Rgs-17, 12:03:40 Cituoti 
Hi there, tell me how it's possible :

I was in a holiday mode on my friends account, doing his car update (2 parts changed), practise etc, did Q and everything. Ok, done.

When I switched to my profile and wanted to prepare for myself I looked into car update and I was shocked. Those 2 parts which I changed on friends account was actually changed in my car ...

What the.. ? how it's possible? Is there any way to UNDO that? o_O
Stuart Foster
(Grupė Pro - 5)

Žinučių: 12459
  Šalis:
Anglija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #2 parašyta 2013-Rgs-17, 12:07:41 (paskutinis taisymas 2013-Rgs-17, 12:07:56, taisė Stuart Foster) Cituoti 
did you have two windows open with your friends account and yours? It's the only way it can happen, and if the last action before the car update was on your account (it must have been) then, well....c'est la vie i'm afraid :(
Mick Ridley
(Grupė Rookie - 130)

GPRO Komanda
Žinučių: 2604
  Šalis:
Anglija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #3 parašyta 2013-Rgs-17, 12:08:13 Cituoti 
I think you were prob still in your own account
Fran Betancort
(Grupė Pro - 22)

Žinučių: 2945
  Šalis:
Ispanija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #4 parašyta 2013-Rgs-17, 12:08:41 Cituoti 
It never happened to me, is there the posibility that you updated your car without notice it was your account and not your friend account???

I´ve had mates accounts on holidays and never happened to me. Maybe a browser problem is the only I think it could be.

Admins may answer you better than me.
Stuart Foster
(Grupė Pro - 5)

Šalis:
Anglija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Teigiamas įvertinimas (0)   Neigiamas įvertinimas (1)
Sena žinutė #5 parašyta 2013-Rgs-17, 12:09:54 Cituoti 
but in any case, assuming you approached the update in the same manner as you would the other, then it shouldn't be a huge issue...unless you were planning on smoking of course!
Sylvain Elsass
(Grupė Pro - 4)

Žinučių: 621
  Šalis:
Prancūzija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Teigiamas įvertinimas (1)   Neigiamas įvertinimas (0)
Sena žinutė #6 parašyta 2013-Rgs-17, 12:12:40 Cituoti 
You can check the economy history in both accounts, to see the exact time the cars were updated.
Michael Winkley
(Grupė Elite)

Žinučių: 33335
  Šalis:
Velsas 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #7 parašyta 2013-Rgs-17, 12:13:16 Cituoti 
Ah, I reckon that you clicked on the gpro banner (or your bookmark) to go back to the office at some stage. That will always revert to your account.
When in holiday mode, don't take the shortcuts that you'd normally use for navigating the site. ALWAYS GO VIA MAIN OFFICE LINKS AT FOOT OF THE PAGE.
Matt Kasar
(Grupė Master - 1)

Žinučių: 2239
  Šalis:
Anglija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #8 parašyta 2013-Rgs-17, 12:15:45 Cituoti 
Quote ( Michael Winkley @ September 17th 2013,12:13:16 )

Ah, I reckon that you clicked on the gpro banner (or your bookmark) to go back to the office at some stage. That will always revert to your account.
When in holiday mode, don't take the shortcuts that you'd normally use for navigating the site. ALWAYS GO VIA MAIN OFFICE LINKS AT FOOT OF THE PAGE.

wow, never heard of that before.... harsh lesson
Maciej Stefanski
(Grupė Pro - 8)

Šalis:
Lenkija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #9 parašyta 2013-Rgs-17, 12:16:06 Cituoti 
Damn guys! I thought that when I log into holiday there's no other way I can back to my account without logging off ..

It was holiday car update window for sure beacuse I decided to stay on the same part level (eng 6 and breake 7).

I had all parts on 7th lvl so I'm 100% sure it was my friends account :/
Stuart Foster
(Grupė Pro - 5)

Šalis:
Anglija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #10 parašyta 2013-Rgs-17, 12:26:48 Cituoti 
Quote ( Maciej Stefanski @ September 17th 2013,12:16:06 )

100% sure

well, the result of your action suggests otherwise man :\ a computer is only as good as the human doing the inputting....
Maciej Stefanski
(Grupė Pro - 8)

Šalis:
Lenkija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #11 parašyta 2013-Rgs-17, 12:38:38 Cituoti 
It's possible that I switched into my account to check something but when I was updating a car I was on holiday mode.

Maybe it's beacuse I had opened 2 windows? In one window it was my profile and on the other one holiday mode with car update? And I was doing something on my profile 'window', GPRO system recognized that it's normal mode and when switched to holiday window where update car was loaded, changed 2 parts and simply clicked update car it didn't recognize it was holiday mode?
Stuart Foster
(Grupė Pro - 5)

Šalis:
Anglija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #12 parašyta 2013-Rgs-17, 12:45:26 Cituoti 
Quote ( Maciej Stefanski @ September 17th 2013,12:38:38 )

Maybe it's beacuse I had opened 2 windows? In one window it was my profile and on the other one holiday mode with car update? And I was doing something on my profile 'window'

Quote ( Stuart Foster @ September 17th 2013,12:07:41 )

did you have two windows open with your friends account and yours? It's the only way it can happen, and if the last action before the car update was on your account (it must have been) then, well....c'est la vie i'm afraid :(

:\
Kirsty Ridley
(Grupė Amateur - 84)

Žinučių: 7849
  Šalis:
Anglija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #13 parašyta 2013-Rgs-17, 12:45:40 Cituoti 
I have holidayed and updated car parts, always with two windows open. I think you must have gone home at some point then back to car parts :(
Stuart Foster
(Grupė Pro - 5)

Šalis:
Anglija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #14 parašyta 2013-Rgs-17, 12:47:53 Cituoti 
thankfully i've not done it yet, but it is easily done I can see. Were you (planning) smoking this race Maciej? :|
Lee Harding
(Grupė Elite)

Žinučių: 1854
  Šalis:
Anglija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #15 parašyta 2013-Rgs-17, 12:50:10 (paskutinis taisymas 2013-Rgs-17, 12:52:46, taisė Lee Harding) Cituoti 
Done this once before with qualifying. Only 1 profile can be active at a time. But you can switch between them as you click without having to log in all the time meaning both are available. But only the latest window will update to advise which profile you are in.

All old windows will still display as they were and can seem to be in holiday account as it will show those parts and even the holiday note.

So whilst in update car assuming you were under your friends account in the background you had gone to your profile so the update then applies to that profile.

I have learnt my lesson that always do a final refresh and check live profile before performing any action or alternatively concentrate on 1 profile at a time with only 1 GPRO page active.
Fran Betancort
(Grupė Pro - 22)

Žinučių: 2945
  Šalis:
Ispanija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #16 parašyta 2013-Rgs-17, 12:53:03 Cituoti 
I usually do it with two tabs, one with my account, and another with the mate on holidays account, I use Mozilla Firefox and never had that problem, maybe depending on the browser and method (new window instead a new tab) it can be possible it changed the account.
Maciej Stefanski
(Grupė Pro - 8)

Šalis:
Lenkija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #17 parašyta 2013-Rgs-17, 12:55:11 Cituoti 
Quote ( Stuart Foster @ September 17th 2013,12:47:53 )

thankfully i've not done it yet, but it is easily done I can see. Were you (planning) smoking this race Maciej? :|
I planned to use 0 CT risk and my car could easily handle it without smoking ... now I have to deal with it :P

It's time to figure out something new ;D

But maybe it's a miracle day and admins will do something extra (yea, sure..) ;D
Jônatas Paiva
(Grupė Pro - 14)

Žinučių: 39
  Šalis:
Brazilija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #18 parašyta 2018-Lie-3, 04:26:47 Cituoti 
It's happened to me too. What I have to do now??
Puslapis [1

Parašyti žinutę šioje temoje