Grand Prix Racing Online Forumas > Formula One forum > Who will replace Hamilton? Įtraukti temą tarp ignoruojamų Įtraukti temą į stebimų temų sąrašą
Puslapis « 1 2 3 4 [5 Eiti į puslapį:
Autorius Tema: Who will replace Hamilton? 146 atsakymų
Daniel Douglas
(Grupė Master - 3)

Žinučių: 3806
  Šalis:
JAV 
Sertifikuotas: 
Teigiamas įvertinimas (1)   Neigiamas įvertinimas (0)
Sena žinutė #121 parašyta 2020-Grd-7, 22:53:47 Cituoti 
Quote ( Frank Stocco @ December 7th 2020,20:02:46 )

You can put the worst driver in his position and just move the steering wheel from side to side and he will be a champion. It’s al about the car and technology ! Take away all that and put the car back in the drivers hands to see how well he does !

Let us know what you think about Bottas then.

Mike Chatzikonstantinou
(Grupė Amateur - 31)

Žinučių: 34
  Šalis:
Graikija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Teigiamas įvertinimas (0)   Neigiamas įvertinimas (0)
Sena žinutė #122 parašyta 2020-Grd-7, 22:56:13 Cituoti 
Quote ( George Togas @ December 7th 2020,19:13:31 )

Frank,I know there are many greeks living in Canada.
It won't be so difficult for you to find one of them and ask him what we mean when we call someone Stocco.
Your post is the best proof that this meaning is right.
:P

Hahaha..
Mike Chatzikonstantinou
(Grupė Amateur - 31)

Žinučių: 34
  Šalis:
Graikija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Teigiamas įvertinimas (2)   Neigiamas įvertinimas (0)
Sena žinutė #123 parašyta 2020-Grd-7, 23:01:26 Cituoti 

Quote ( Frank Stocco @ December 7th 2020,20:02:46 )

You can put the worst driver in his position and just move the steering wheel from side to side and he will be a champion. It’s al about the car and technology ! Take away all that and put the car back in the drivers hands to see how well he does !

Serious now??

My favorite driver are Charles and Checo, but Hamilton he's a legend..
Gavin Bosence
(Grupė Amateur - 35)

Žinučių: 323
  Šalis:
Anglija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #124 parašyta 2020-Grd-9, 01:33:56 Cituoti 
Valtteri Bottas removes Mercedes from Instagram bio as George Russell also makes change

Valtteri Bottas and George Russell have made changes to their Instagram bios
Last month Bottas' Instagram bio had a tag to Mercedes' F1 account but that has since been deleted. Russell has also removed all mention of Williams from his bio, which now just reads: "Formula 1 Driver."

I think Valtteri Bottas and George Russell may be swapping seats in 2021. Both men are under contract with their current manufacturers for the 2021 campaign.

Paulo Guarim
(Grupė Amateur - 71)

Žinučių: 618
  Šalis:
Brazilija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Teigiamas įvertinimas (3)   Neigiamas įvertinimas (0)
Sena žinutė #125 parašyta 2020-Grd-9, 03:16:04 Cituoti 
As Verstappen said: 90% of the drivers on the current grid would win with a Mercedes.
But!!!
As Sainz Jr.said: only 10% of the drivers on the current grid would beat Hamilton with the same car.
Erik Harken
(Grupė Pro - 13)

Žinučių: 441
  Šalis:
JAV 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #126 parašyta 2020-Grd-9, 04:19:46 Cituoti 
Quote ( Paulo Guarim @ December 9th 2020,03:16:04 )

10% of the drivers on the current grid would beat Hamilton with the same car

Which two might those be? ;P
Luke Frost
(Grupė Amateur - 88)

Žinučių: 11111
  Šalis:
Australija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #127 parašyta 2020-Grd-9, 04:38:55 (paskutinis taisymas 2020-Grd-9, 04:39:23, taisė Luke Frost) Cituoti 
Verstappen, Leclerc, Ricciardo, Russell and Alonso are the class of the field alongside Hamilton. Put either of them in the same team and they will push each other. We have already seen that with the Hamilton Alonso pairing, and the Ricciardo Verstappen pairing. There's a reason any of these guys are never going to be teaming together.
MG van Rensburg
(Grupė Pro - 2)

Žinučių: 1718
  Šalis:
Pietų Afrikos Respublika 
Sertifikuotas: 
Teigiamas įvertinimas (0)   Neigiamas įvertinimas (3)
Sena žinutė #128 parašyta 2020-Grd-9, 05:21:17 (paskutinis taisymas 2020-Grd-9, 05:24:58, taisė MG van Rensburg) Cituoti 
Quote ( Luke Frost @ December 9th 2020,04:38:55 )

Verstappen, Leclerc, Ricciardo, Russell and Alonso are the class of the field alongside Hamilton. Put either of them in the same team and they will push each other. We have already seen that with the Hamilton Alonso pairing, and the Ricciardo Verstappen pairing. There's a reason any of these guys are never going to be teaming together.

Seen that with Hamilton and Alonso... seriously? You gonna compare a 7 time champion Hamilton with a 1st season rookie Hamilton and call them the same.... yeah, you not doing your credibility any favours here. You folks making me have to bring the logic when I dont even like the idjit, not cool at all.

Same with Ricciardo and Verstappen. Comparing young kids with more senior drivers and then assuming the situation the same now that said kids have matured and grown... Your logic on understanding sport in general is appearing rather flawed.
Daniel Douglas
(Grupė Master - 3)

Šalis:
JAV 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #129 parašyta 2020-Grd-9, 05:24:35 Cituoti 
Quote ( MG van Rensburg @ December 9th 2020,05:21:17 )

Seen that with Hamilton and Alonso... seriously? You gonna compare a 7 time champion Hamilton with a 1st season rookie Hamilton and call them the same.... yeah, you not doing your credibility any favours here. You folks making me have to bring the logic when I dont even like the idjit, not cool at all.

He is referencing the mentality of drivers like that.

Hamilton is an alpha driver, as are the others he mentioned. This hasn't changed it was evident with his clashing with Nico.

If you put a strong personality alongside many of the top drivers, then they wont play well together.
MG van Rensburg
(Grupė Pro - 2)

Žinučių: 1718
  Šalis:
Pietų Afrikos Respublika 
Sertifikuotas: 
Teigiamas įvertinimas (0)   Neigiamas įvertinimas (4)
Sena žinutė #130 parašyta 2020-Grd-9, 05:29:51 (paskutinis taisymas 2020-Grd-9, 05:33:35, taisė MG van Rensburg) Cituoti 
Quote ( Daniel Douglas @ December 9th 2020,05:24:35 )

He is referencing the mentality of drivers like that.

Hamilton is an alpha driver, as are the others he mentioned. This hasn't changed it was evident with his clashing with Nico.

If you put a strong personality alongside many of the top drivers, then they wont play well together.

My aplogies, but looked more like he was answering the Q above his comment?

Also, Im not entirely sure of that either. Hamilton was young and Alonso, yeah, he was an entitled buffoon alpha or not, which can't make up my mind if learnt his lessons or not.

I'd say young drivers with older drivers can cause friction, but mature drivers, not so much a problem tbh. We've had some exemples of it working fine once the tantrum throwers grew up and/or matured/realised sun doesnt shine out their ass. Some exceptions, but then, some drivers happily would try to win at any cost, which, yeah, would ruffle any feathers, alpha feathers or not.
Daniel Douglas
(Grupė Master - 3)

Šalis:
JAV 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #131 parašyta 2020-Grd-9, 05:36:05 Cituoti 
Quote ( MG van Rensburg @ December 9th 2020,05:29:51 )

We've had some exemples of it working fine once the tantrum throwers grew up and/or matured/realised sun doesnt shine out their ass. Some exceptions, but then, some drivers happily would try to win at any cost, which, yeah, would ruffle any feathers, alpha feathers or not.

I'm at a loss to think of a pairing of strong personalitied drivers who has worked together?
Alessandro Casagrande
(Grupė Elite)

Žinučių: 2695
  Šalis:
Italija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #132 parašyta 2020-Grd-9, 09:10:46 Cituoti 
Quote ( Paulo Guarim @ December 9th 2020,03:16:04 )

As Verstappen said: 90% of the drivers on the current grid would win with a Mercedes.
But!!!
As Sainz Jr.said: only 10% of the drivers on the current grid would beat Hamilton with the same car.

I agree with both statements

Hamilton is Hamilton, but Alonso has been very unlucky (or unwise) with team changes in his career. I don't think he collected all his talent deserved.
Jonathan Beagles
(Grupė Pro - 20)

Žinučių: 6130
  Šalis:
Anglija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #133 parašyta 2020-Grd-9, 09:40:16 Cituoti 
Quote ( Daniel Douglas @ December 9th 2020,05:36:05 )

I'm at a loss to think of a pairing of strong personalitied drivers who has worked together?

Berger and Alesi - strong personalities that got the best out of some sub-par machinery at times...though not the greatest talents I admit!
Luke Frost
(Grupė Amateur - 88)

Šalis:
Australija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #134 parašyta 2020-Grd-9, 10:04:35 Cituoti 

Same with Ricciardo and Verstappen. Comparing young kids with more senior drivers and then assuming the situation the same now that said kids have matured and grown... Your logic on understanding sport in general is appearing rather flawed.

Lol.
So because he's old then, you reckon Alonso of 2007 will hammer Lewis of 2020?

I have actually competed in sport MG, have you?

Since then Alonso vs team mates has been better than Lewis vs team mates. Lewis is a phenomenal driver, but to deny that they would push each other if they teamed right now is showing flawed critical thinking on your part either because you like Lewis too much or hate Fernando too much.
Elkas Reindyras
(Grupė Rookie - 112)

Žinučių: 4
  Šalis:
Lietuva 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #135 parašyta 2020-Grd-9, 10:56:25 Cituoti 
I think Bottas will stay for one more season in Mercedes. In 2022 F1 regulations will change and Hamilton might retire if he gets his 8th title in 2021. I'm pretty sure after that Russell will drive for Mercedes in 2022. But honestly it's hard to predict driver line-up because everything can happen.
Ankit Jakhar
(Grupė Amateur - 74)

Žinučių: 157
  Šalis:
Indija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #136 parašyta 2020-Grd-9, 16:02:07 Cituoti 

Quote ( Luke Frost @ December 9th 2020,04:38:55 )

it is generally understood that he is taking the name of Alonso alongside Russell and Leclerc than he is talking about present-day Alonso and Hamilton ... and u definitely needs to be good to a wdc and being a 7-time champion is not ordinary but it's idiotic to think others are not that capable coz they don't have same no. of titles - coz only 1 or sometimes 2 car are capable of winning the pionship.
and idk why u called seriously.... 2007 McLaren meltdown was massive in some ways it was biggest fight as they were in team fight as well as with Ferrari. if u don't call that an intense season idk what is then ...

Quote ( Daniel Douglas @ December 9th 2020,05:24:35 )

Also, Im not entirely sure of that either. Hamilton was young and Alonso, yeah, he was an entitled buffoon alpha or not, which can't make up my mind if learned his lessons or not.

which lesson - how to be a bottas then I think no he hasn't learned his lesson.

Gina Morris
(Grupė Amateur - 49)

Žinučių: 24
  Šalis:
Anglija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #137 parašyta 2020-Grd-9, 19:45:19 Cituoti 
I put together my top ten Formula 1 drivers of all time to my mind. I would love to see them all in their prime and racing the same bright red Ferrari, also in its prime, say 2004 model
Not necessarily in this order:- Senna, Schumacher, Hamilton, Fangio, Prost, Lauda, Clark, Hunt, Ascari, G.Hill
Erik Harken
(Grupė Pro - 13)

Žinučių: 441
  Šalis:
JAV 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #138 parašyta 2020-Grd-9, 19:54:27 Cituoti 
Hunt is the only one that surprises me! I take your list and change in Nuvolari, Stewart, or Alonso for Hunt
Gina Morris
(Grupė Amateur - 49)

Šalis:
Anglija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #139 parašyta 2020-Grd-9, 23:37:57 Cituoti 
Il Mantovano Volante as Nuvolari was known as died in 1953 and never raced modern F1. But, yes, one of the very greats. He learned his trade on racing motor cycles and progressed to cars, as did Damon Hill, one of my top 20 picks.
Jonathan Beagles
(Grupė Pro - 20)

Žinučių: 6130
  Šalis:
Anglija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #140 parašyta 2020-Grd-10, 00:02:32 Cituoti 
How does Surtees rank in your list then Gina? :)
Jun Ho
(Grupė Amateur - 78)

Žinučių: 8525
  Šalis:
Honkongas 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #141 parašyta 2020-Grd-10, 00:22:39 Cituoti 
Where is Kamui Kobayashi? :(
Gina Morris
(Grupė Amateur - 49)

Šalis:
Anglija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #142 parašyta 2020-Grd-10, 02:03:18 Cituoti 
That's right Jonathon. He is definitely up there but I personally rank him a better bike rider than F1.
Kobayashi never had a real chance to prove himself. What little I knew of him struck me as being a very good driver with a great personality, did Sauber a lot of good.
Luke Frost
(Grupė Amateur - 88)

Šalis:
Australija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #143 parašyta 2020-Grd-10, 04:19:24 Cituoti 

I'd say young drivers with older drivers can cause friction, but mature drivers, not so much a problem tbh. We've had some exemples of it working fine once the tantrum throwers grew up and/or matured/realised sun doesnt shine out their ass. Some exceptions, but then, some drivers happily would try to win at any cost, which, yeah, would ruffle any feathers, alpha feathers or not.

Your logic on understanding sport in general is appearing rather flawed.

When drivers are in a close fight the the world championship tensions will naturally rise, especially within a team. They both have a goal of taking all the glory. There are few exceptions, but maybe you should consider that before you go calling these drivers all the silly names you call them from the comfort of your couch.
David Evans
(Grupė Amateur - 1)

Žinučių: 213
  Šalis:
Anglija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #144 parašyta 2020-Grd-10, 11:55:11 Cituoti 
I'd put money on Norris being world champion in the next 5 years. The kid has it all but the engine currently. Will be a different animal next season with a Mercedes engine under that McLaren. On topic, would love to have seen Norris get the Hamilton hotseat. Russell showed that with the right car, any driver on that grid could compete for the top. Just a shame he was let down by the team itself for that race
Sudeep Pednekar
(Grupė Rookie - 163)

Žinučių: 698
  Šalis:
Indija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #145 parašyta 2020-Grd-10, 12:06:20 Cituoti 
Norris is getting beat by Sainz this season with all the bad luck that Sainz has had.
He's good, but nothing spectacular.
Daniel Douglas
(Grupė Master - 3)

Šalis:
JAV 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #146 parašyta 2020-Grd-10, 15:09:38 Cituoti 
Saint is and excellent driver. If he and leclerc can work together then Ferrari are going to be in good shape from that perspective.

Of course, with how poorly Ferrari manages drivers, one of them won't last long.
Mick Brownhill
(Grupė Rookie - 85)

Žinučių: 107
  Šalis:
Anglija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Teigiamas įvertinimas (2)   Neigiamas įvertinimas (0)
Sena žinutė #147 parašyta 2020-Grd-10, 16:14:38 Cituoti 
As a Brit I am proud of Hamiltons achievements. He is up there to be shot at. He has shown his craft many times. It is up to other drivers and teams to catch him.
As for replacement, don't need to consider it as he is not going anywhere for a few years yet. When he does go Mercedes already have his replacement to take over as we have seen. The question is - how long can Bottas keep his seat? I like the guy but he is a week link!!! If it is the car that makes a winner why is he 2nd. How come a novice who drives a Williams take the piss and show Bottas how to drive a Merc.
Puslapis « 1 2 3 4 [5 Eiti į puslapį:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forumas > Formula One forum > Who will replace Hamilton? Įtraukti temą tarp ignoruojamų Įtraukti temą į stebimų temų sąrašą

Parašyti žinutę šioje temoje