Puslapis « 1 2 3 ... 5 [67 ... 9 10 11 » Eiti į puslapį:
Autorius Tema: New to GPro? Quit 308 atsakymų
Miel Soeterbroek
(Grupė Elite)

Žinučių: 3107
  Šalis:
Nyderlandai 
Sertifikuotas: 
Teigiamas įvertinimas (6)   Neigiamas įvertinimas (0)
Sena žinutė #151 parašyta 2021-Spa-6, 22:30:10 (paskutinis taisymas 2021-Spa-6, 22:30:34, taisė Miel Soeterbroek) Cituoti 
Quote ( Geir Pukk @ October 5th 2021,20:54:46 )

Quote ( Alain Routhier @ October 5th 2021,20:25:48 )

Totally agree this is why the folder containing my GPro spreadsheets is over 690gb.
I'm even afraid to ask...

Well i'm not.

Alain, 700Gb? Really? You can't be serious, right?

Tell me you meant Mb? Or are you making 4k ultra hd reaction videos of yourself watching each race? And if so, share plz.
Ilia Lilov
(Grupė Pro - 2)

Žinučių: 302
  Šalis:
Bulgarija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Teigiamas įvertinimas (1)   Neigiamas įvertinimas (0)
Sena žinutė #152 parašyta 2021-Spa-6, 23:14:52 Cituoti 
Quote ( Miel Soeterbroek @ October 6th 2021,22:30:10 )

Well i'm not.

Tell me you meant Mb? Or are you making 4k ultra hd reaction videos of yourself watching each race? And if so, share plz.

GPRO spreadsheets sharing a folder with adult entertainment Miel
Tom Parker
(Grupė Rookie - 42)

Žinučių: 9000
  Šalis:
Anglija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Teigiamas įvertinimas (0)   Neigiamas įvertinimas (0)
Sena žinutė #153 parašyta 2021-Spa-6, 23:34:51 Cituoti 
Quote ( Tom Parker @ October 6th 2021,19:18:12 )

The real question is this:

WHAT'S GOOBY THINKING ABOUT??????????????????????????????????????????

@Mike Bell (A64)
Thijs Rieken
(Grupė Amateur - 42)

Žinučių: 1042
  Šalis:
Nyderlandai 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #154 parašyta 2021-Spa-7, 08:58:47 Cituoti 
I'm not new to GPRO so I can stay, yay! \o/
Mehdi El Fathy
(Grupė Amateur - 1)

Žinučių: 5056
  Šalis:
Prancūzija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #155 parašyta 2021-Spa-7, 14:15:20 Cituoti 
Quote ( Jay Caulls @ October 6th 2021,19:12:09 )

Streaming on Twitch I get asked by a viewer "Hey, are you the same JayCaulls that used to be on Gpro?!"

I think I know that guy
Jay Caulls
(Grupė Rookie - 144)

Žinučių: 541
  Šalis:
Anglija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #156 parašyta 2021-Spa-7, 18:22:34 Cituoti 
Quote ( Mehdi El Fathy @ October 7th 2021,14:15:20 )

I think I know that guy

*Insert Eyes Emoji*
Tom Parker
(Grupė Rookie - 42)

Žinučių: 9000
  Šalis:
Anglija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #157 parašyta 2021-Spa-7, 22:39:34 Cituoti 
Quote ( Tom Parker @ October 6th 2021,23:34:51 )

Quote ( Tom Parker @ October 6th 2021,19:18:12 )

The real question is this:

WHAT'S GOOBY THINKING ABOUT??????????????????????????????????????????

@Mike Bell (A64)
Paul Bright
(Grupė Amateur - 78)

Žinučių: 2113
  Šalis:
Škotija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #158 parašyta 2021-Spa-7, 23:00:23 Cituoti 

Quote ( Miel Soeterbroek @ October 6th 2021,22:30:10 )

If his system is incorrectly configured it would be possible.
Daryl Gee
(Grupė Amateur - 34)

Žinučių: 4864
  Šalis:
Pietų Afrikos Respublika 
Sertifikuotas: 
Teigiamas įvertinimas (6)   Neigiamas įvertinimas (0)
Sena žinutė #159 parašyta 2021-Spa-7, 23:09:19 Cituoti 
How could Alain's GPRO storage be 700Gb?

FOBY.
Victor Wildhagen
(Grupė Rookie - 28)

Žinučių: 2
  Šalis:
Brazilija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #160 parašyta 2021-Spa-8, 02:01:33 Cituoti 
Quote ( Daryl Gee @ October 7th 2021,23:09:19 )

How could Alain's GPRO storage be 700Gb?

FOBY.

This thread is over. We're done. My sides were gone so fast they got promoted to elite 🤣
Alain Routhier
(Grupė Pro - 16)

Žinučių: 96
  Šalis:
Kanada 
Sertifikuotas: 
Teigiamas įvertinimas (0)   Neigiamas įvertinimas (1)
Sena žinutė #161 parašyta 2021-Spa-8, 05:45:57 Cituoti 

Yes yes I get it ,
ppl get their knickers' all tangled-up for a decimal point.
Hilarious.
It kind of re-enforce my point OP !
Lol.

a.
I will get back to the op tread just have other things at the moment.

Alain Routhier
(Grupė Pro - 16)

Žinučių: 96
  Šalis:
Kanada 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #162 parašyta 2021-Spa-8, 06:41:55 Cituoti 
Adrian Zanoli
wow really, you are saying the game goes as far as calculating the movement of flesh within the car?

Woops you deleted your post...

a.
Archit Modi
(Grupė Amateur - 77)

Žinučių: 77
  Šalis:
Indija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #163 parašyta 2021-Spa-8, 08:57:27 Cituoti 
Quote ( Alain Routhier @ October 8th 2021,05:45:57 )

a.
I will get back to the op tread just have other things at the moment

Don't worry, we're not missing you.

Quit begging for attention mate, no one is interested in carrying on this conversation with you.
Constantin Heller
(Grupė Retired)

Žinučių: 2462
  Šalis:
Vokietija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Teigiamas įvertinimas (3)   Neigiamas įvertinimas (1)
Sena žinutė #164 parašyta 2021-Spa-11, 14:28:28 Cituoti 
Late to the party, but I've gotta agree with the original post to some extent.

I'm saying this as someone who's actually managed to work myself into the community and who's now been here forever as well, the game really doesn't change. In order to protect itself from losing all of those old players, the game simply stays the same, because it knows it can no longer survive on the new players coming in, while new players are turned away because of exactly that. Suggestions are shut down because they would change the game, and because they'd break the statistics. Really?

The game has been on a steady decline for a long time, and will continue to do so because old players slowly stop playing, with barely any new people coming in. However if you start heavily changing the game now, you'll lose tons of those old players, and the game will die before it gets a chance to grow again.

Is that a reason for actually interested new players to instantly quit though? Nah. Have fun with it while it lasts. The community takes some getting used to but they'll grow on you. Probably.
Matthew Knowles
(Grupė Amateur - 62)

Žinučių: 267
  Šalis:
Anglija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Teigiamas įvertinimas (5)   Neigiamas įvertinimas (0)
Sena žinutė #165 parašyta 2021-Spa-11, 15:19:12 (paskutinis taisymas 2021-Spa-11, 15:21:29, taisė Matthew Knowles) Cituoti 
Hey Guys JOINING A TEAM IS NOT POINTLESS

I joined the game for a laugh and was clueless running around on 27 CT on extra softs with no real idea pitting every five minutes

I even manged to get to ama.
Quickly came back down :P
so I know how this feels to be a total beginner

But luckily Mick Jones asked me to Join Andromeda and things have just grown from there..
and after only a short while Mick transferred me to our Orion our sister team of rookies to look after.

This proved a brilliant experience for me I leaned so much
we love helping our members to grow and understand the game..
so If you find the Right team it can be amazing thing, we have all grown together
and our goals have gone from to promote to survive in ama to learn a route to master

You can make friends and have others who can share their experience on almost any topic aspect of the game.

I love there's There's always something new to find out about the game.. I also like
despite how long I've been playing I can honestly look at myself and say if I had known this or that little bit of info earlier or some of the hidden ones that had such a massive influence I would have improved these seasons ago. so in a way my journey I m just beginning..

lots of the classic elite champs who just left the game said it was the journey the desire to reach the top that was almost more fun than reaching it.
This journey is why the game has such long-term appeal.

I feel there's so much info on the forum just a little search of the topics you can find almost anything and so many players are willing to help with advice.

This is my experience..

This is a great game in fact its more than a game its a way of life :P

Athol Kay
(Grupė Amateur - 50)

Žinučių: 112
  Šalis:
JAV 
Sertifikuotas: 
Teigiamas įvertinimas (1)   Neigiamas įvertinimas (2)
Sena žinutė #166 parašyta 2021-Spa-11, 16:44:26 (paskutinis taisymas 2021-Spa-11, 16:52:04, taisė Athol Kay) Cituoti 
Quote ( Constantin Heller @ October 11th 2021,14:28:28 )

Late to the party, but I've gotta agree with the original post to some extent.

I'm saying this as someone who's actually managed to work myself into the community and who's now been here forever as well, the game really doesn't change. In order to protect itself from losing all of those old players, the game simply stays the same, because it knows it can no longer survive on the new players coming in, while new players are turned away because of exactly that. Suggestions are shut down because they would change the game, and because they'd break the statistics. Really?

The game has been on a steady decline for a long time, and will continue to do so because old players slowly stop playing, with barely any new people coming in. However if you start heavily changing the game now, you'll lose tons of those old players, and the game will die before it gets a chance to grow again.

Is that a reason for actually interested new players to instantly quit though? Nah. Have fun with it while it lasts. The community takes some getting used to but they'll grow on you. Probably.

Agree.

The trouble is much of the fun intended is figuring out the full game rules and mechanics. Older players have all largely done this, and newer players experience "FOBY" as "F Off Bloody Youngling" while looking for help, and get their assess kicked until they either quit or find a source to do setups et al.

The entire game needs to accept this core problem and do a major revamp announced several seasons in advance, or just watch the orbital decay while eating popcorn.
Eszter Káli
(Grupė Amateur - 45)

Žinučių: 18
  Šalis:
Vengrija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #167 parašyta 2021-Spa-11, 17:21:51 Cituoti 
Actually what Constantin wrote is right and the game cannot really grow only decline because the new players want a more modern game with updates aimed to improve it and fix the old issues. I am a new player realtively with a small amount of playtime yet but I enjoy the game and maybe I am an example for the younger generations also can enjoy the game despite it is old.

Making suggestion and ideas only possible if there are conversations on different topics but the old players whom playing the game almost a decade are enjoying the game the way it is because they learned it and adopted it and a possible remake of the game with new rulesets and mechanics could turn them away from the game. New players cannot give feedbacks most of the time because they are valued inexperienced and so they do not get right to critize the game or make suggestions.

As a community member everyone have the right to make suggestions and seek ways to improve the game but it always will depending on the developer team to listen and accept if it needs changes for the good. I do not have statistics on how many players pay overall for the game and what sources keeping the devs alive but surely if there are no new pay players the game could die easily.

I do not find the game that hard and need some time and sources to improve but in the 99% of the time the winner who do the math and calculate everything in the race and the rest is luck.
Vladimir Alexandrov
(Administratorius)

GPRO Komanda
Žinučių: 8596
  Šalis:
Bulgarija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Teigiamas įvertinimas (15)   Neigiamas įvertinimas (0)
Sena žinutė #168 parašyta 2021-Spa-11, 17:36:46 (paskutinis taisymas 2021-Spa-11, 17:37:37, taisė Vladimir Alexandrov) Cituoti 
Quote ( Constantin Heller @ October 11th 2021,14:28:28 )

the game really doesn't change. In order to protect itself from losing all of those old players, the game simply stays the same, because it knows it can no longer survive on the new players coming in

That is 100% false. If I thought like that I would pack my bags and leave 5 years ago and find something else to do. Here is a post I wrote just a few weeks ago:

Quote ( Vladimir Alexandrov @ August 22nd 2021,17:58:05 )

Making a future development roadmap would be nice in a game with a development team that works all the time, however in GPRO it is a good way to disappoint users by not achieving the set goals on time (or at all). The reason for this is very simple, I am the only one doing any development. With this in mind and the fact that it takes a good amount of time to maintain the game in its current state, development tasks are progressing slowly in the background.

However I am still here after 16 years and pushing on, I still enjoy doing it and this is what I plan doing as my main job for the foreseeable future. I have a bigger feature in the works already for 1 year and a half, but that feature would take at least 5-10 more seasons to develop in the best case before a possible beta. If I could get some help for development from Jukka or Stefan, or indeed someone else, things could maybe move a bit faster.

So the best thing is to enjoy the game in its current state, while being patient for the future developments, they are coming but slowly.

My focus currently is not on making changes, the game is stable enough without any major problems.

The fact advertising is not working is out of my control. If there are some advertising gurus out there who want to try to help please be my guest. Some people did offer advertising help over the years, but nothing that really worked. The only thing that worked was COVID, 1,5 years ago, when it hit, suddenly our ads started performing again. But it lasted only about a month.

Miklós Gál
(Grupė Pro - 5)

Žinučių: 19
  Šalis:
Vengrija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #169 parašyta 2021-Spa-11, 17:42:56 Cituoti 
Quote ( Jun Ho @ October 5th 2021,13:29:39 )

This is my favourite thread of all time.

I've just found it now. I swear this is the most time I'm spending on the forum continusly, and it's only been like 20 minutes xD. But I will break that record now because the answers are interresting
Adrian Zanoli
(Grupė Amateur - 80)

Žinučių: 118
  Šalis:
Italija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #170 parašyta 2021-Spa-11, 17:48:20 Cituoti 
Quote ( Alain Routhier @ October 8th 2021,06:41:55 )

Adrian Zanoli
wow really, you are saying the game goes as far as calculating the movement of flesh within the car?

Woops you deleted your post...

a.

I'm just saying that demanding to have an half filled tank of fuel to influence the car behavior the same way of a driver (who doesn't move at all in his seat) is also unrealistic.
P.S. ; my previous post (#146) is still there, i did not deleted or modified anything.
Mauricio Quillupangui
(Grupė Amateur - 66)

Žinučių: 4
  Šalis:
Ekvadoras 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #171 parašyta 2021-Spa-11, 17:49:44 Cituoti 
Please PM me with the name of a better game. Thanks!
Vladimir Valis
(Grupė Master - 2)

Žinučių: 1654
  Šalis:
Argentina 
Sertifikuotas: 
Teigiamas įvertinimas (3)   Neigiamas įvertinimas (0)
Sena žinutė #172 parašyta 2021-Spa-11, 17:50:57 Cituoti 
Quote ( Athol Kay @ October 11th 2021,16:44:26 )

and newer players experience "FOBY" as "F Off Bloody Youngling" while looking for help

This was already proven wrong in this very same topic by more than one manager. Did you bother to read the whole topic or just the last 2 posts?
Ricardo Antunes
(Grupė Amateur - 28)

Žinučių: 2567
  Šalis:
Portugalija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #173 parašyta 2021-Spa-11, 18:15:04 Cituoti 
Quote ( Athol Kay @ October 11th 2021,16:44:26 )

Older players have all largely done this, and newer players experience "FOBY" as "F Off Bloody Youngling" while looking for help, and get their assess kicked until they either quit or find a source to do setups et al.

If this is true, it is very concerning.

Please do indicate a recent post of a player being told FOBY and not getting any sort of help by the older players.

Spoiler: you won't find it.
Thijs Rieken
(Grupė Amateur - 42)

Žinučių: 1042
  Šalis:
Nyderlandai 
Sertifikuotas: 
Teigiamas įvertinimas (2)   Neigiamas įvertinimas (0)
Sena žinutė #174 parašyta 2021-Spa-11, 19:00:46 Cituoti 
I had much more fun learning to do a manual setup than I had finding a source to copy...
Paulo Neves
(Grupė Master - 1)

Žinučių: 434
  Šalis:
Portugalija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #175 parašyta 2021-Spa-11, 19:17:28 Cituoti 
Quote ( Alain Routhier @ October 5th 2021,20:25:48 )

...Totally agree this is why the folder containing my GPro spreadsheets is over 690gb....

690Gb !!! Then either you hacked the whole GPRO database or you are doing a very poor job. I have all the data of all the managers of my team for more than 10 years in a fraction of that.
James Dragonrider
(Grupė Rookie - 117)

Žinučių: 204
  Šalis:
JAV 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #176 parašyta 2021-Spa-11, 20:46:36 Cituoti 
Quote ( Alain Routhier @ October 5th 2021,18:37:52 )

1Lb = +/- 1.6L, so 5L of fuel is about 3lb

kg = 2.20462262185 lb.
1 kg water = 1L
gas density is .75 the density of water

Therefor: 1L fuel = .75 kg = 1.6534669663875 pounds
5L is about 8.3 Pounds

You're off by about the amount of switching pound and liter.
This might be why things are not working, or you might be correct that the game treats weight differently.

Maybe try and see if correcting your math gives you better results.
I'd be interested to know the answer, either here, or in a mail message.

Thank you.
Marcelo Ascencio
(Grupė Pro - 21)

Žinučių: 6155
  Šalis:
Argentina 
Sertifikuotas: 
Teigiamas įvertinimas (3)   Neigiamas įvertinimas (0)
Sena žinutė #177 parašyta 2021-Spa-11, 21:23:07 Cituoti 
Quote ( Paulo Neves @ October 11th 2021,19:17:28 )

690Gb !!! Then either you hacked the whole GPRO database or you are doing a very poor job. I have all the data of all the managers of my team for more than 10 years in a fraction of that.
He probably records live races with his gopro..
Van Fanelia
(Grupė Rookie - 107)

Žinučių: 18
  Šalis:
Martinika 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #178 parašyta 2021-Spa-11, 21:39:05 Cituoti 
Hi everybody,

how to do for find a team to learn and imporove??

please help ,
thank you
Florencia Caro
(Grupė Amateur - 58)

GPRO Komanda
Žinučių: 17148
  Šalis:
Argentina 
Sertifikuotas: 
Teigiamas įvertinimas (2)   Neigiamas įvertinimas (0)
Sena žinutė #179 parašyta 2021-Spa-11, 21:52:32 Cituoti 
Quote ( Van Fanelia @ October 11th 2021,21:39:05 )

Hi everybody,

how to do for find a team to learn and imporove??

please help ,
thank you
You can post an ad here /forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=5321

or reply to team ads via private message

James Dragonrider
(Grupė Rookie - 117)

Žinučių: 204
  Šalis:
JAV 
Sertifikuotas: 
Teigiamas įvertinimas (0)   Neigiamas įvertinimas (4)
Sena žinutė #180 parašyta 2021-Spa-11, 22:29:48 Cituoti 
Quote ( Ricardo Antunes @ October 6th 2021,14:36:05 )

@Alain Routhier (P16) I'll believe in you when you say you didn't intend to say anything outrageous or something like that, and you don't understand the backlash. In that case, let me ask you these questions:

New to GPro? Quit

What are you aiming to acheive with this title? First impression is: you are advising new players to quit the game. That is, at first sight, your only intention. If not, why the title? Could you have not picked another title?

If you take the OP's title to be directed only at new players, then I can see where you would think it was meant only to drive players away from the game.

If you read the title as a commentary on how he views the treatment of new players, and on the help, or lack of help, that new players get to overcome an increasingly steep learning curve: then it is directed more at the community that has been around a while, and is in a position to effect change, rather than at the actual newbies just starting the game.

Based upon his comments prior to you making this comment, I think that he meant the 2nd, more than the first.

As someone about to run my first race, but that has played many racing manager games, I can understand his point of view, and didn't feel immediately inclined to quit.

One of the problems that these racing manager games seem to have is that the number of tracks at the start is relatively limited, and the original players get to figure out a lot of the game mechanics and formulas in a simplified version of the game. Later, as tracks are added, their basic understanding allows them to adapt to brand new tracks, while those just starting have to treat every track as brand new.

That far is fair enough, but then when new features are added: they obscure the basic data and formulas, so the chance to flesh out basic things like how much impact fuel, temp, part wear, have on the vehicle setup isn't as clear.

There is also a band where the car is not ideal, but the driver wont give feedback, making it hard to zero in on where the ideal setting is.

And then there is the starting driver, who might be terrible, but costs too much to fire before the first race. Once I realized the penalty for firing him, I decided to keep him for the 10 races, and hire someone else after.

One thing that I have disliked about the way similar games have been run is the need to fail to win. That is: you run a season in a group with the intent to not advance, so you can dominate the group the next season, in order to go up a level with the proper setup to be there. It would be nice if the game rewarded winning over losing, at least in the lowest level of the game.

My suggestion would be to 1) not keep the driver to the new season. 2) reset money. 3) not have a penalty in the lowest group for firing a driver. The first driver you have under contract, you did not sign a contract with, so you should not be obligated to pay them. Usually only #2 is done in manager games, and opposite #1 is that they set the games up so that you MUST pay for a driver's next season close to the end of the previous season, so give yourself an edge over true newbies the following season.
Puslapis « 1 2 3 ... 5 [67 ... 9 10 11 » Eiti į puslapį:

Parašyti žinutę šioje temoje