Страница « 1 2 [34 5 » Брзо одете на страница:
Автор Тема: sponsors 135 одговори
Daniel Mendes
(Група Rookie - 162)

Мислења: 41
  Држава:
Бразил 
Сертификат: 
Ми се допаѓа ова мислење (0)   Не ми се допаѓа ова мислење (1)
Старо мислење #61 Испратено Јул 31 2019, 00:22:51 (последно изменето Јул 31 2019, 00:23:57 од Daniel Mendes) Цитирај 
Quote ( Stefan Brederick @ March 8th 2019,10:44:18 )

I had two sponsors now randomly stepping down from ongoing negotiations.
I checked all ressources and even discussed with my team but we have no idea what that could have caused. I am certain to have selected the correct answers, I had decent race results and also made standard progress.

Same thing happened to me today. I had both negotiations at around 40% but got dropped and the sponsors signed with other managers. During today's race I had a puncture (disheartening) during lap 17, and was out of the race (was racing pretty well in 3rd place). Is there a direct link between dropping out of the race so soon & the negotiations, or is there any other factor I am not seeing here?

Thanks in advance
Kieran Taylor
(Група Rookie - 114)

Мислења: 431
  Држава:
Англија 
Сертификат: 
Ми се допаѓа ова мислење (1)   Не ми се допаѓа ова мислење (1)
Старо мислење #62 Испратено Јул 31 2019, 00:26:29 Цитирај 
Regardless of puncture and race drop out, you have said the blatant answer they have been signed by someone else!
Daniel Mendes
(Група Rookie - 162)

Држава:
Бразил 
Сертификат: 
Старо мислење #63 Испратено Јул 31 2019, 02:22:52 Цитирај 
Quote ( Kieran Taylor @ July 31st 2019,00:26:29 )

Regardless of puncture and race drop out, you have said the blatant answer they have been signed by someone else!

In a nutshell, it´s primarily related to race results and secondarily to the answers I provide to the questions, or are these factors equally important? Here´s what I mean: I can get podiums as often as Lewis Hamilton IRL but if I give the sponsor a wrong answer I lose them anyway?
Thanks in advance.
Dominik Krowiak
(Група Pro - 8)

Мислења: 115
  Држава:
Полска 
Сертификат: 
Старо мислење #64 Испратено Јул 31 2019, 02:27:12 Цитирај 
It's nothing about answers in this case. Your opponent completed negotiations quicker than you. That's all. Nothing less or more.
Daniel Mendes
(Група Rookie - 162)

Држава:
Бразил 
Сертификат: 
Ми се допаѓа ова мислење (7)   Не ми се допаѓа ова мислење (1)
Старо мислење #65 Испратено Јул 31 2019, 02:32:52 (последно изменето Јул 31 2019, 02:35:00 од Daniel Mendes) Цитирај 
Quote ( Gavin Bosence @ March 12th 2019,18:47:11 )

You'll find alot of that (FOBY) here, it will drive you away from this lovely game sooner rather than later.

I will have to RESPECTFULLY disagree on this one, Gavin. I believe that the 'FOBY part' is what will actually make me stick around. I find the game challenging, and when I have to put effort into studying and understanding how the system works I feel more motivated.

I totally understand that when you become a seasoned player here and newbies (such as myself) start looking for answers the easy way, it's a clear sign that it's the beginning of the end of the community. Rookies who are dedicated, who put effort into the game and hustle will definitely become better players and will keep this game going.

In the end, it's all about quality control.
Florencia Caro
(Група Pro - 18)

ГПРО Персонал
Мислења: 17140
  Држава:
Аргентина 
Сертификат: 
Ми се допаѓа ова мислење (1)   Не ми се допаѓа ова мислење (0)
Старо мислење #66 Испратено Јул 31 2019, 02:39:50 (последно изменето Јул 31 2019, 02:40:43 од Florencia Caro) Цитирај 
Little point answering to a 4-5 months old post, Dany

As per your question about sponsors pulling back given the wrong answer regardless of the manager's results, yes that happens. We have an ongoing conversation on it right now
/gb/forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=28926#scroll

Alex Calinoiu
(Група Rookie - 138)

Мислења: 23
  Држава:
Романија 
Сертификат: 
Старо мислење #67 Испратено Авг 13 2019, 17:10:47 Цитирај 
The sponsor i was negotiang with decided to pull back with no explination whatsoever. In my previous 2 attempts, they told me they had signed with other managers. This time, negotiating with a news sponsor, the only message i received was "RTTL decided to pull back from negotiations". Has this happened to anyone else?
Florencia Caro
(Група Pro - 18)

ГПРО Персонал
  Држава:
Аргентина 
Сертификат: 
Ми се допаѓа ова мислење (1)   Не ми се допаѓа ова мислење (0)
Старо мислење #68 Испратено Авг 13 2019, 17:13:01 Цитирај 
Quote ( Alex Calinoiu @ August 13th 2019,17:10:47 )

the only message i received was "RTTL decided to pull back from negotiations". Has this happened to anyone else?

Yes, it's exactly the case I point out in the post above. Sponsor is pulling back because you gave him an answer he didn't "like" to a question he asked.
Alex Calinoiu
(Група Rookie - 138)

Мислења: 23
  Држава:
Романија 
Сертификат: 
Старо мислење #69 Испратено Авг 13 2019, 18:24:43 Цитирај 
the only thing he asked me was the spot on the car
Kieran Taylor
(Група Rookie - 114)

Мислења: 431
  Држава:
Англија 
Сертификат: 
Ми се допаѓа ова мислење (0)   Не ми се допаѓа ова мислење (3)
Старо мислење #70 Испратено Авг 13 2019, 18:51:16 Цитирај 

Quote ( Alex Calinoiu @ August 13th 2019,18:24:43 )

so maybe that is were you're answer was wrong?
Jay De Snoo
(Група Pro - 11)

Мислења: 928
  Држава:
Холандија 
Сертификат: 
Старо мислење #71 Испратено Авг 13 2019, 19:07:48 Цитирај 
@Alex the key in answerring sponsors questions is to provide them with the answer they want, not what you want. They've attributes for a reason and with a bit of imagination this particular one more easy to solve than the other questions ;)
Mike Baston
(Група Elite)

Мислења: 1905
  Држава:
Англија 
Сертификат: 
Старо мислење #72 Испратено Авг 13 2019, 19:08:39 Цитирај 
Alex - the previous times you had this sponsor pull out of negotiations had you passed that question?

If so, look at what you answered then & what you answered this time. Any difference?
Florencia Caro
(Група Pro - 18)

ГПРО Персонал
  Држава:
Аргентина 
Сертификат: 
Ми се допаѓа ова мислење (0)   Не ми се допаѓа ова мислење (0)
Старо мислење #73 Испратено Авг 13 2019, 19:23:43 Цитирај 
Matter of curiosity, did you leave the question unanswered?
Michael Armbruster
(Група Amateur - 37)

Мислења: 1702
  Држава:
Германија 
Сертификат: 
Старо мислење #74 Испратено Авг 13 2019, 19:59:00 Цитирај 

Honestly, I never had a sponsor pull out after this particular question. So maybe I was really lucky in the last 60 seasons, or Flo is on the right track, and you didn't answer this question.
Florencia Caro
(Група Pro - 18)

ГПРО Персонал
  Држава:
Аргентина 
Сертификат: 
Ми се допаѓа ова мислење (0)   Не ми се допаѓа ова мислење (0)
Старо мислење #75 Испратено Авг 13 2019, 20:10:40 Цитирај 
Quote ( Michael Armbruster @ August 13th 2019,19:59:00 )

Honestly, I never had a sponsor pull out after this particular question. So maybe I was really lucky in the last 60 seasons, or Flo is on the right track, and you didn't answer this question.

I have absolutely no experience in sponsors pulling back at this question, either. Paid a look to team forum and asked, and indeed, no precedents.

There are a few scenarios that come to my mind, one of those (and probably, the most likely one) is leaving the question unanswered, possibly more than once. But it's all in the theoretical field, really.

After the race, when sponsors stop drinking at the bar, Alex might want to go check history log for that sponsor to confirm if that was the last question the sponsor asked, and if he answered it.

Either way, this Sponsors questions/answers combos require time, patience, paper and pen to work out :)
Henrique Hughes Paunero
(Група Pro - 21)

Мислења: 1719
  Држава:
Аргентина 
Сертификат: 
Старо мислење #76 Испратено Авг 14 2019, 04:19:37 Цитирај 
would they be in green?
Graham Mercer
(Група Amateur - 14)

Мислења: 2008
  Држава:
Австралија 
Сертификат: 
Ми се допаѓа ова мислење (2)   Не ми се допаѓа ова мислење (1)
Старо мислење #77 Испратено Авг 14 2019, 07:12:04 (последно изменето Авг 14 2019, 07:13:34 од Graham Mercer) Цитирај 

Alex are you positive about that?

The usual place where sponsors drop out is after the next question "What are you expecting to achieve next season?" This question comes around the 29% negotiation stage. (HINT: If you want to improve your understanding of sponsors then you should be recording all of this information after each race in a spreadsheet)

The answer to that question is actually related to what does the SPONSOR expect next season rather than what you expect to achieve. This is where many newer managers get it wrong and the sponsor quits the negotiation.

Joel Trekane
(Група Pro - 1)

Мислења: 967
  Држава:
Франција 
Сертификат: 
Старо мислење #78 Испратено Авг 14 2019, 11:21:06 Цитирај 
I feel it strange Graham because how GPRO know what we can expect next season ?
GPRO can just know what we did in the season (or in the previous 17 gp).
Or there is a program which evaluate what we did and continue our progression for the next season.
I don't believe in this (but of course i can be wrong).
Tomek Kiełpiński
(Група Elite)

Мислења: 5682
  Држава:
Полска 
Сертификат: 
Старо мислење #79 Испратено Авг 14 2019, 11:24:07 (последно изменето Авг 14 2019, 11:24:20 од Tomek Kiełpiński) Цитирај 
Quote ( Joel Trekane @ August 14th 2019,11:21:06 )

Why GPRO should know that? It's just what a sponsor may expect according to one of its skills ;-)
Robin Goodey
(Група Master - 2)

Мислења: 2096
  Држава:
Англија 
Сертификат: 
Ми се допаѓа ова мислење (3)   Не ми се допаѓа ова мислење (1)
Старо мислење #80 Испратено Авг 14 2019, 11:26:52 (последно изменето Авг 14 2019, 11:27:35 од Robin Goodey) Цитирај 
Hint - a specific sponsor will want the same answer from every single manager, in every single season, no matter what tier you are in currently, and no matter what tier you will be in when the contract is active, no matter how you are currently doing, no matter what YOU think you will actually do when the contract is in place. (There's one very minor exception when in Elite)

So yes - the sponsor knows, as Graham said, exactly what it wants to hear as the answeer from you every single time.....
Michael Jones
(Група Pro - 25)

Мислења: 1386
  Држава:
Англија 
Сертификат: 
Старо мислење #81 Испратено Авг 14 2019, 11:28:36 Цитирај 
Or could it be that the sponsor isnt just looking at next season!
Graham Mercer
(Група Amateur - 14)

Мислења: 2008
  Држава:
Австралија 
Сертификат: 
Старо мислење #82 Испратено Авг 14 2019, 12:28:57 (последно изменето Авг 14 2019, 12:35:08 од Graham Mercer) Цитирај 
Quote ( Joel Trekane @ August 14th 2019,11:21:06 )

GPRO can just know what we did in the season (or in the previous 17 gp).
Or there is a program which evaluate what we did and continue our progression for the next season.
I don't believe in this (but of course i can be wrong).

Joel you have misunderstood my post. It is not GPRO it is the sponsor, and the answer that you provide is based entirely on that particular sponsor’s attributes.
This is why I previously mentioned that it is important to keep detailed records of all sponsor negotiations on a race-by-race basis. As you build up a history of negotiations you can interpret the data to better understand the impact of the various sponsor questions, and how various answers affect the process.
Alex Popa
(Група Rookie - 73)

Мислења: 77
  Држава:
Канада 
Сертификат: 
Старо мислење #83 Испратено Авг 14 2019, 13:19:38 Цитирај 
The satisfaction of one of my sponsors dropped from 7 (max) to 6, although I'm performing very well (2nd in Rookie w 108 points, worst position this season is 14th due to a tyre puncture, otherwise 12 podium finishes). The sponsor expects me to finish "mid-table", based on the answer I gave it during the negotiation.

Is it possible that the satisfaction dropped because I'm performing better than mid-table ?
Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo
(Група Pro - 1)

Мислења: 2729
  Држава:
Мексико 
Сертификат: 
Старо мислење #84 Испратено Авг 14 2019, 13:56:48 Цитирај 
Quote ( Alex Popa @ August 14th 2019,13:19:38 )

Is it possible that the satisfaction dropped because I'm performing better than mid-table ?

You dropped from the podium this race and certain sponsors will never be happy with "regular" results even if you exceed their expectations (hoping you got that answer correctly).

There are some attributes that help you with this, learn from him and figure out which attributes are them.

And don't worry if satisfaction is in 4-7 range.
Alex Popa
(Група Rookie - 73)

Држава:
Канада 
Сертификат: 
Старо мислење #85 Испратено Авг 16 2019, 23:46:40 Цитирај 
Thanks for the answer, Eduardo!
Alex Popa
(Група Amateur - 37)

Држава:
Канада 
Сертификат: 
Старо мислење #86 Испратено Авг 26 2019, 19:05:12 Цитирај 
I have promoted to Amateur and I've just been offered a 51 race sponsorship, out of the blue! It's not much money...

Should I take it?

What is it all about? It didn't happen before.
Jasper Coosemans1
(Група Master - 2)

Мислења: 3021
  Држава:
Белгија 
Сертификат: 
Ми се допаѓа ова мислење (2)   Не ми се допаѓа ова мислење (1)
Старо мислење #87 Испратено Авг 26 2019, 19:08:04 Цитирај 
You get a bonus sponsor when you promote, this was implemented 15 or 20 seasons ago I guess.

You should definitely accept it at some point sooner or later - why would you turn down free money? :)
Predrag Marmut
(Група Amateur - 30)

Мислења: 265
  Држава:
Србија 
Сертификат: 
Старо мислење #88 Испратено Авг 26 2019, 19:09:08 Цитирај 
Quote ( Alex Popa @ August 26th 2019,19:05:12 )

I have promoted to Amateur and I've just been offered a 51 race sponsorship, out of the blue! It's not much money...

Should I take it?

What is it all about? It didn't happen before.

For promotion fron rookie to amateur you automaticly get 1 sponsor. Take ut of course. Any additional money is wellcome.
Jerome Manzon
(Група Amateur - 22)

Мислења: 216
  Држава:
Филипини 
Сертификат: 
Старо мислење #89 Испратено Авг 26 2019, 20:02:14 Цитирај 
Quote ( Predrag Marmut @ August 26th 2019,19:09:08 )

For promotion fron rookie to amateur you automaticly get 1 sponsor. Take ut of course. Any additional money is wellcome.
It depends, if the spot is a hindrance to a bigger cash, I will definitely decline it.
Miel Soeterbroek
(Група Pro - 19)

Мислења: 3107
  Држава:
Холандија 
Сертификат: 
Ми се допаѓа ова мислење (6)   Не ми се допаѓа ова мислење (1)
Старо мислење #90 Испратено Авг 26 2019, 20:24:26 (последно изменето Авг 26 2019, 20:25:03 од Miel Soeterbroek) Цитирај 
Just a little add: the sponsors handed out as a promotion bonus are more lenient and less picky compared to what their stats suggest, which could be beneficial in certain seasons ;)

Edit: and obviously never decline free cash, you can always keep the bonus promo sponsor in the pocket for a later time
Страница « 1 2 [34 5 » Брзо одете на страница:

Одговори на оваа тема