Alain Routhier
(Група Rookie - 104)

Мислења: 96
  Држава:
Канада 
Сертификат: 
Старо мислење #1 Испратено Јан 15 2020, 04:09:36 Цитирај 

I am fairly new to the game.
I do discard any one posting some insulting comments.
My question is, just being ignorant. people posting something that appears useful.
Are they posting 'information' or 'opinion'
???

Thank you.

a.
Florencia Caro
(Група Master - 4)

ГПРО Персонал
Мислења: 17134
  Држава:
Аргентина 
Сертификат: 
Ми се допаѓа ова мислење (7)   Не ми се допаѓа ова мислење (0)
Старо мислење #2 Испратено Јан 15 2020, 04:18:37 Цитирај 
You'll come across both, Alain. Sometimes you'll find someone is completely convinced of being right about something, but it's likely the methods used to prove the theory are not scientifically correct. In my experience the managers equipped with the skillset to provide hard evidence on things are not many.

But GPRO is not all about hard skills, good management is more on the soft side; hence information and opinion cannot be told apart.

Always listen to everything people have to say, and don't take anything for granted. Be curious and group with people that complement each other :)
Adrian Summers
(Група Amateur - 57)

Мислења: 2292
  Држава:
САД 
Сертификат: 
Ми се допаѓа ова мислење (3)   Не ми се допаѓа ова мислење (0)
Старо мислење #3 Испратено Јан 15 2020, 04:20:52 (последно изменето Јан 15 2020, 04:22:33 од Adrian Summers) Цитирај 
It has been my experience that you will find some of both, and a little bit of everything in these forums. Part of the fun of this game is figuring out what really works and what might have been posted as more of an opinion than a fact.

Edit: This is a fact: Flo proved that I was too slow.
Roland Postle10
(Група Elite)

Мислења: 1855
  Држава:
Англија 
Сертификат: 
Ми се допаѓа ова мислење (5)   Не ми се допаѓа ова мислење (0)
Старо мислење #4 Испратено Јан 15 2020, 06:56:54 Цитирај 
I've often though the first most important skill in this game is being able to sort information from opinion. The game is too complex to distrust everything anyone else says about it but at the same time there's a vast amount of incorrect, or at least incomplete, opinion floating around that can seriously harm you gameplay if you take it at face value. Pulling the gems from the muck is an art.

Don't overlook that you can often devise really simple experiments to sanity check a potential piece of information. Even if you don't completely confirm it, partially confirming it can give you more confidence in the source.
Kurt Daninger
(Група Amateur - 19)

Мислења: 73
  Држава:
Бразил 
Сертификат: 
Ми се допаѓа ова мислење (0)   Не ми се допаѓа ова мислење (0)
Старо мислење #5 Испратено Јан 15 2020, 07:58:02 Цитирај 
my experience so far (which is not a lot) is that this game is more about management than skill. if you are a spreadsheet nerd and keep track of your expenses and status, you will go far.
Chris Shaw
(Група Amateur - 48)

Мислења: 890
  Држава:
Англија 
Сертификат: 
Старо мислење #6 Испратено Јан 15 2020, 10:48:55 Цитирај 
Quote ( Roland Postle @ January 15th 2020,06:56:54 )

Don't overlook that you can often devise really simple experiments to sanity check a potential piece of information. Even if you don't completely confirm it, partially confirming it can give you more confidence in the source.

Building on this, my advice is to confirm:

1. Does A influence B?
1b. Check for other possible explanations, correlation vs causation. For example, do a few other tests, or try to disprove your idea.
2. Is the influence positive, or negative? Is it roughly linear?
3. Work out the magnitude of the effect - try to get a rule of thumb. Not enough credit is given for approximations, but an approximation is better than a guess if you are lacking a full formula.
4. Work on getting the actual formula. Some maths knowledge will help.
Andy Dowson
(Група Amateur - 75)

Мислења: 557
  Држава:
Англија 
Сертификат: 
Старо мислење #7 Испратено Јан 15 2020, 11:23:28 Цитирај 
The other thing i'd suggest is either try to get a mentor or join a team, but make sure it's a reasonably active team with a few experienced managers.
Страница [1

Одговори на оваа тема