Halaman [12 3 4 » Lompat ke halaman:
Pengarang Topik: [IDEA] Fuel Suppliers 91 balasan
Gabor Kasper
(Kumpulan Pro - 3)

Kiriman: 6223
  Negara:
Hungary 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (7)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (2)
Kiriman lama #1 dikirim Jan 22 2010, 16:18:01 (terakhir disunting Jan 22 2010, 16:21:58 oleh Chris Williams) Sebut 
Just a short and simple idea to improve the strategic potential of game.
Why we do not have at least 3 (or more) fuel supplier? Eg.: One give a bit more HP but consumption is higher/vice versa

or

just simply cut the consumpiton a bit.

or

could give better acceleration a bit

Of course different supplier means different prices/race.

Ps.: I've searched but didn't find any similar idea
Hans Barf
(Kumpulan Amateur - 48)

Krew GPRO
Kiriman: 4064
  Negara:
Belanda 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (0)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (2)
Kiriman lama #2 dikirim Jan 22 2010, 16:26:21 Sebut 
try searching:
/forum/Search.asp?slInForum=&txtAuthor=&txtIDM=&...

The idea is already under investigation for possible implementation, WHICH DOES NOT MEAN THAT IT WILL BE IMPLEMENTED.

No need for a poll.
László Szarka
(Kumpulan Pro - 8)

Kiriman: 3487
  Negara:
Hungary 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (1)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #3 dikirim Jan 22 2010, 16:32:03 Sebut 
Great Idea:)
David Shoobridge
(Kumpulan Pro - 1)

Kiriman: 3057
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (0)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #4 dikirim Jan 22 2010, 16:35:11 Sebut 
i hope not, there enough micro management needed to succeed as is... if everything ends up with even more variations then the more casual people will stop coming to the game as it just take too long to know what you are doing.

THere maybe room for a couple more "calculation" areas but not much more. So hope we dont go down the line of different fuel, engines, chasis etc as it go too far
Jordan Randall
(Kumpulan Pro - 16)

Kiriman: 5478
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #5 dikirim Jan 22 2010, 16:37:50 Sebut 
Quote ( David Shoobridge @ January 22nd 2010,16:35:11 )

i hope not, there enough micro management needed to succeed as is... if everything ends up with even more variations then the more casual people will stop coming to the game as it just take too long to know what you are doing.

THere maybe room for a couple more "calculation" areas but not much more. So hope we dont go down the line of different fuel, engines, chasis etc as it go too far
Agreed, if we add too many calculations into the game now, more people will find the game more of a mathmatical challenge rather than a game and just give up playing..
Lets just stick with tyre suppliers tbh, those already make the game interesting enough, we dont need to update the game every season....
Give it 5-6 seasons for major updates imo
Mark Wright
(Kumpulan Pro - 5)

Kiriman: 8829
  Negara:
Scotland 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #6 dikirim Jan 22 2010, 16:41:10 (terakhir disunting Jan 22 2010, 16:41:42 oleh Mark Wright) Sebut 
And no doubt the fuel suppliers will all cost money and there won't be any further income added?

Can't we leave things as they are for a season or two and at least let the newer guys get used to the game and what is required before adding another variable?
Fredrik Palmqvist
(Kumpulan Pro - 7)

Kiriman: 3231
  Negara:
Sweden 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #7 dikirim Jan 22 2010, 16:41:15 Sebut 
Quote ( Gabor Kasper @ January 22nd 2010,16:18:01 )

One give a bit more HP but consumption is higher/vice versa

Does the fuel increase the amount of HorsePower in a car?
Mark Wright
(Kumpulan Pro - 5)

Negara:
Scotland 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #8 dikirim Jan 22 2010, 16:42:19 Sebut 
Higher octane can increase power or efficiency?
Chris Carter
(Kumpulan Rookie - 122)

Kiriman: 3652
  Negara:
Amerika Syarikat 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #9 dikirim Jan 22 2010, 16:43:09 Sebut 
Quote ( Fredrik Palmqvist @ January 22nd 2010,16:41:15 )

Does the fuel increase the amount of HorsePower in a car?

If your fuel was the blood of stallions, then maybe...
Laila Britāle
(Kumpulan Elite)

Kiriman: 14044
  Negara:
Latvia 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #10 dikirim Jan 22 2010, 16:50:39 Sebut 
Price is the key word in this suggestion :)

At first we must say yes/no to this before looking deeper in details.
Sam Tipple
(Kumpulan Rookie - 66)

Kiriman: 2808
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #11 dikirim Jan 22 2010, 16:52:14 Sebut 
I don't really mind to be honest, it won't really make a difference to the game.
Håkan Ferm
(Kumpulan Rookie - 82)

Kiriman: 10576
  Negara:
Sweden 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #12 dikirim Jan 22 2010, 16:53:33 Sebut 
depends on varible and price Sam...........
Gordon Ashford
(Kumpulan Master - 3)

Krew GPRO
Kiriman: 10965
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #13 dikirim Jan 22 2010, 16:55:55 Sebut 
Quote ( Sam Tipple @ January 22nd 2010,16:52:14 )

I don't really mind to be honest, it won't really make a difference to the game.

like tyre suppliers you mean :p

Like Hans has already said, this is something that has already been suggested and is under review. I would envisage something similar to tyres though, various traits of a selection of fuels, at varying costs, although I am not sure where we would all find the money (short of everyone getting lower level parts.

Personally, I would tweak prices (for tyres & fuel) so that the base level would effectively be free and you pay if you want to upgrade it, still having season long contracts though.
Mikko Heikkinen
(Kumpulan Master - 2)

Kiriman: 12503
  Negara:
Finland 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #14 dikirim Jan 22 2010, 17:56:29 (terakhir disunting Jan 22 2010, 18:12:14 oleh Mikko Heikkinen) Sebut 
Quote ( Gordon Ashford @ January 22nd 2010,16:55:55 )

Personally, I would tweak prices (for tyres & fuel) so that the base level would effectively be free and you pay if you want to upgrade it, still having season long contracts though.

Personally I would make it a package with enhanced sponsor system, which could potentially provide partial financing to fuel.

IF it is introduced that is

On should it be... Well... Don't really know at this moment would it be such a good thing, someone did mention about too many things to consider... There is some point to that aspect too
Mark Wright
(Kumpulan Pro - 5)

Negara:
Scotland 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #15 dikirim Jan 22 2010, 17:57:59 Sebut 
Mikko we will just end up with the rich gaining further advantage!
Jani Kivisola
(Kumpulan Amateur - 39)

Kiriman: 257
  Negara:
Finland 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #16 dikirim Jan 22 2010, 18:05:25 Sebut 
If more variables are added to the game, then there should also more set up options for the race.

For example, one could set up different pit strategies depending whether it will start/stop raining during the race. Now it seems that the pit crew are just plain stupid, not reacting to different conditions. But I guess this is one of those subjects that have already been declared as "not coming."

Sometimes it seems that gpro coders are trying the hardest to make this game more difficult and prone to random factors, instead of adding more user friendliness and more pleasurable gaming exprerience.
Chris John Collins
(Kumpulan Rookie - 30)

Kiriman: 130
  Negara:
Australia 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #17 dikirim Jan 22 2010, 18:08:29 Sebut 
Quote ( Jordan Randall @ January 22nd 2010,16:37:50 )

Agreed, if we add too many calculations into the game now, more people will find the game more of a mathmatical challenge rather than a game and just give up playing..
Lets just stick with tyre suppliers tbh, those already make the game interesting enough, we dont need to update the game every season....

+1
Jaime Elizondo
(Kumpulan Amateur - 52)

Kiriman: 1457
  Negara:
Mexico 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (20)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #18 dikirim Ogo 18 2014, 19:38:41 (terakhir disunting Ogo 18 2014, 19:38:55 oleh Jaime Elizondo) Sebut 
Really glad I found this idea had been suggested before, but...
Quote ( Hans Barf @ January 22nd 2010,16:26:21 )

The idea is already under investigation for possible implementation, WHICH DOES NOT MEAN THAT IT WILL BE IMPLEMENTED.

Can we know which were the downsights of implementing this?

To my sight we could have 3 fuel suppliers
-Petromas
-Sell
-Totai

Each one of them with given characteristics, one maybe could improve your performance to the cost of a higher consumption, some other could have less density and in consequence give you a lot kg off your car and the other could have average of both.
Just plain ideas, I'm sure there are a lot more variables more people could think of

Now the common questions and my answer.

Hey too complex dude, it will scare new managers with all these tyre and fuel variables in the game!
No, tyre suppliers only exist in pro, we can make this "fuel suppliers" appear until pro or even elite, that way only commited managers will get this "feature" and if you are already in pro or above, I would say there are pretty high possibilities that either you already understand the game or you like the managment involved, so nothing to lose there.

Hey, more money I would need to pay, I'm already poor, keep giving me free fuel!
-Hey if you are poor the most likely reason for that is poor managment, the new fuel prices I would believe could be similar to the tyre suppliers or even a bit cheaper but in any case, EVERYBODY at your group will need to pay the price, so who finds the money through the season to overcome that expense is pure managment and strategy, which last time I checked was the main purpose of the game :p

Lena Kostadinović
(Kumpulan Amateur - 55)

Kiriman: 89
  Negara:
Serbia 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (4)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #19 dikirim Ogo 18 2014, 20:08:07 (terakhir disunting Ogo 18 2014, 20:10:24 oleh Lena Kostadinović) Sebut 
What is with engine suppliers :-P
Andrei Ciuchi
(Kumpulan Master - 1)

Krew GPRO
Kiriman: 21510
  Negara:
Romania 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (2)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (2)
Kiriman lama #20 dikirim Ogo 18 2014, 20:17:23 Sebut 
We already have those.

Level 1, Level 2, Level 3 ... :)
Andreas Ramann
(Kumpulan Amateur - 97)

Kiriman: 806
  Negara:
Estonia 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (6)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (1)
Kiriman lama #21 dikirim Ogo 18 2014, 20:22:47 (terakhir disunting Ogo 18 2014, 20:27:38 oleh Andreas Ramann) Sebut 
Ferrari and Renault could be better :) + new levels which give different car points.

E: example Ferrari level 1 engine gives 4,3,4 points and level 2 engine gives 5,4,5

and Renault level 1 engine gives 3,5,3 points and level 2 engine gives 4,5,5
Lena Kostadinović
(Kumpulan Amateur - 55)

Negara:
Serbia 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (2)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (1)
Kiriman lama #22 dikirim Ogo 18 2014, 20:23:27 (terakhir disunting Ogo 18 2014, 20:23:52 oleh Lena Kostadinović) Sebut 
Quote ( Andrei Ciuchi @ August 18th 2014,20:17:23 )

We already have those.

Level 1, Level 2, Level 3 ... :)

Of course we have, but what if different suppliers may supplay you with different engine levels...
Andrei Ciuchi
(Kumpulan Master - 1)

Krew GPRO
  Negara:
Romania 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (2)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #23 dikirim Ogo 18 2014, 20:24:30 (terakhir disunting Ogo 18 2014, 20:25:09 oleh Andrei Ciuchi) Sebut 
Quote ( Lena Kostadinović @ August 18th 2014,20:23:27 )

Of course we have, but what if different suppliers may supplay you with different engine levels...

Should we also have that for gears and brakes and suspensions? :)

Ognjen, unless you only feel like down-thumbing this post without any comments ... don't ... :P
Lena Kostadinović
(Kumpulan Amateur - 55)

Negara:
Serbia 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (2)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #24 dikirim Ogo 18 2014, 20:26:40 (terakhir disunting Ogo 18 2014, 20:27:13 oleh Lena Kostadinović) Sebut 
Quote ( Andrei Ciuchi @ August 18th 2014,20:24:30 )

Ognjen...

what are you talking about???
Andrei Ciuchi
(Kumpulan Master - 1)

Krew GPRO
  Negara:
Romania 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #25 dikirim Ogo 18 2014, 20:34:00 (terakhir disunting Ogo 18 2014, 20:40:24 oleh Andrei Ciuchi) Sebut 
He knows what I'm talking about. :)

Quote ( Lena Kostadinović @ August 18th 2014,20:23:27 )

Anyway ... Fuel is one thing. So is tyres. But having sets of different engine levels per supplier. That's a whole different story.

What exactly would that bring to the game?
Rogerio Pereira
(Kumpulan Pro - 18)

Kiriman: 3346
  Negara:
Brazil 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (0)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (1)
Kiriman lama #26 dikirim Ogo 18 2014, 20:35:52 Sebut 
At this point, the idea just looks like adding more calculations. Some managers will benefit from this, some will find it boring. I honestly fail to see how more math will turn the game more interesting.

Exemplifying, it has been added different clear track risks for wet and dry (that we actually will use for the first time next race - tomorrow). This involves much more planing/thinking than calculating, which makes the game more challenging.

Remember: anything purely mathematical can be turned into a new calculator/excel thing that actually does not add much more.
Ognjen Bosić
(Kumpulan Pro - 1)

Kiriman: 731
  Negara:
Serbia 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (2)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (2)
Kiriman lama #27 dikirim Ogo 18 2014, 20:40:34 Sebut 
LOL seems like it is not allowed to down-thumb mods post. If l dont like it, l will do it, if you are mod it doesnt mean you are always right.

And you certanly understood what Lena wanted to say but you comment was like you didnt understand well. When you say we have engines lvl 1, 2, 3.... it sounds like you are saying it to newbie who has just started playing, not someone who is here long. Thats why l down-thumbed it.
Also, Lena is my teammate, so l will always be on side of my teammate.
Andrei Ciuchi
(Kumpulan Master - 1)

Krew GPRO
  Negara:
Romania 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (1)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (1)
Kiriman lama #28 dikirim Ogo 18 2014, 20:43:39 (terakhir disunting Ogo 18 2014, 20:44:47 oleh Andrei Ciuchi) Sebut 
Quote ( Ognjen Bosić @ August 18th 2014,20:40:34 )

LOL seems like it is not allowed to down-thumb mods post. If l dont like it, l will do it, if you are mod it doesnt mean you are always right.

I just prefer that you also contribute to the discussion with your words. :P If you want to just do a dislike, go ahead. :)

Quote ( Ognjen Bosić @ August 18th 2014,20:40:34 )

When you say we have engines lvl 1, 2, 3.... it sounds like you are saying it to newbie who has just started playing, not someone who is here long.

I'm afraid you're wrong. I meant that we already have engine suppliers that provide different power, different fuel consumption ... They're just labeled as Level 1, Level 2, Level 3 ... Is that not enough?

I just don't see why have a whole set of engines per supplier. Difficult enough to pick tyre suppliers. You want the same difficulty to pick engines?
Finn Shaw-McIver
(Kumpulan Pro - 12)

Kiriman: 22386
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (3)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (1)
Kiriman lama #29 dikirim Ogo 18 2014, 20:47:35 Sebut 
Quote ( Jaime Elizondo @ August 18th 2014,19:38:41 )

To my sight we could have 3 fuel suppliers
-Petromas
-Sell
-Totai

I can't be the only one sitting here doing what sounds like a racist Japanese accent
Jaime Elizondo
(Kumpulan Amateur - 52)

Kiriman: 1457
  Negara:
Mexico 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #30 dikirim Ogo 18 2014, 20:52:58 Sebut 
Quote ( Andreas Ramann @ August 18th 2014,20:22:47 )

Ferrari and Renault could be better :) + new levels which give different car points.

E: example Ferrari level 1 engine gives 4,3,4 points and level 2 engine gives 5,4,5

and Renault level 1 engine gives 3,5,3 points and level 2 engine gives 4,5,5

And we would implement reliability as well?
More randoms doesn't sound that good to me

Quote ( Finn Shaw-McIver @ August 18th 2014,20:47:35 )

I can't be the only one sitting here doing what sounds like a racist Japanese accent

lol I didn't came to any other changes that would still keep the brands identifiable

Quote ( Rogerio Pereira @ August 18th 2014,20:35:52 )

At this point, the idea just looks like adding more calculations. Some managers will benefit from this, some will find it boring. I honestly fail to see how more math will turn the game more interesting.

It will downplay the importance of tyres and it gives the opportunity to everyone to overcome that deficit and of course you add another strategic variable to take into account when planning
Halaman [12 3 4 » Lompat ke halaman:

Balas topik ini