Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Newbie forum > New comer survival guide to GPRO Tambah topik ini kepada senarai abai anda Tambah topik ini kepada senarai pemerhatian anda
Halaman « 1 2 3 ... 16 [1718 » Lompat ke halaman:
Pengarang Topik: New comer survival guide to GPRO 538 balasan
Stuart Foster
(Kumpulan Amateur - 49)

Kiriman: 12459
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (5)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #481 dikirim Mei 7 2018, 22:53:36 (terakhir disunting Mei 7 2018, 22:56:07 oleh Stuart Foster) Sebut 
In warmer races consider medium tyres instead (or hard if its especially hot)...I'd really only use the XS tyres in pretty cool conditions mate cos in warmer conditions they need too many pit stops. Start looking at the weather a bit and you'l realise that the net result for a 'harder' compound like medium can be much better than XS, especially if it means pitting only two times instead of like...four. I'm sure you witnessed this outcome already :)

Quote ( Diogo Abdalla @ May 7th 2018,22:45:23 )

thats probably why Im doing so good in qualify too, got like 3 poles in a row

exactly...and keep this in mind always : it's not about how you START....its about you FINISH a race. Poles are great, but only really great when converted to a win. Sometimes its better to give up some tyre pace and take a third, fourth or fifth place grid slot knowing you can make fewer pits and then complete the race in a shorter time than you might with XS. Something for you to start thinking about there Diogo :)
Diogo Abdalla
(Kumpulan Rookie - 127)

Kiriman: 309
  Negara:
Brazil 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (0)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #482 dikirim Mei 7 2018, 23:01:02 Sebut 
I will from now on. Thank you friend
Diogo Abdalla
(Kumpulan Rookie - 127)

Kiriman: 309
  Negara:
Brazil 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (4)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #483 dikirim Mei 11 2018, 21:38:51 Sebut 
Just came back to say: Stuart, I followed your advice and used medium for Barcelona today and won my first race!

Thank you a lot
Rio Rocha
(Kumpulan Rookie - 87)

Kiriman: 6
  Negara:
Amerika Syarikat 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #484 dikirim Mac 6 2019, 17:01:17 Sebut 
In rookie currently on race 5 I believe and my driver is 99 rated. Should I keep him if I get promoted? Currently 2nd in my group. Should I train him? Thanks!
Kasper Meng
(Kumpulan Amateur - 56)

Kiriman: 208
  Negara:
Denmark 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #485 dikirim Mac 6 2019, 17:34:34 Sebut 
Kinda hard to tell if we dont know the stats.
Shane Goeb
(Kumpulan Pro - 15)

Kiriman: 250
  Negara:
Amerika Syarikat 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #486 dikirim Mac 6 2019, 17:36:15 Sebut 
If I was 2nd in my group I'd keep my driver.

Driver is one of the most important factors in rookie.
Florencia Caro
(Kumpulan Amateur - 69)

Krew GPRO
Kiriman: 17140
  Negara:
Argentina 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (3)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #487 dikirim Mac 6 2019, 17:49:39 Sebut 
Quote ( Rio Rocha @ March 6th 2019,17:01:17 )

In rookie currently on race 5 I believe and my driver is 99 rated. Should I keep him if I get promoted? Currently 2nd in my group. Should I train him? Thanks!

First question is: did you do a driver re-sign when he was at/under 85OA?

You driver's contract runs out right after R17, so first re-sign had to be done ASAP while his OA was fine for Rookie.

If answer is no, then I'm afraid you'll lose it after R17. If answer is yes, you can plan this driver a bit further and bring him with you to Amateur.

Driver stats/skills cannot be shared on the public forums, but you can have this same discussion with your team mates, Rio. They'll be able not only to provide advice based on experience, but also discuss exact figures and share what they have FOBYed about driver skills variations for racing, different types of training and season resets. With that data, you can decide what to do with the driver.
Rio Rocha
(Kumpulan Rookie - 87)

Negara:
Amerika Syarikat 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #488 dikirim Mac 6 2019, 23:25:18 Sebut 
Quote ( Florencia Caro @ March 6th 2019,17:49:39 )

Quote ( Rio Rocha @ March 6th 2019,17:01:17 )

First question is: did you do a driver re-sign when he was at/under 85OA?

You driver's contract runs out right after R17, so first re-sign had to be done ASAP while his OA was fine for Rookie.

If answer is no, then I'm afraid you'll lose it after R17. If answer is yes, you can plan this driver a bit further and bring him with you to Amateur.

Driver stats/skills cannot be shared on the public forums, but you can have this same discussion with your team mates, Rio. They'll be able not only to provide advice based on experience, but also discuss exact figures and share what they have FOBYed about driver skills variations for racing, different types of training and season resets. With that data, you can decide what to do with the driver.

Thanks! I signed him for 16 races then 1 more to boost motivation if that's what you mean? Does this mean I will lose him or not necessarily? I would like to hold onto him if possible and start training but I'm not sure if that's smart.
Jasper Coosemans1
(Kumpulan Pro - 18)

Kiriman: 3021
  Negara:
Belgium 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #489 dikirim Mac 6 2019, 23:33:18 Sebut 
If he has no more races in the contract after Race 17, he will be gone. So yes it looks like you will have to look for a new driver next season.
Florencia Caro
(Kumpulan Amateur - 69)

Krew GPRO
  Negara:
Argentina 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #490 dikirim Mac 6 2019, 23:33:54 Sebut 
Quote ( Rio Rocha @ March 6th 2019,23:25:18 )

Thanks! I signed him for 16 races then 1 more to boost motivation if that's what you mean?

So by R1 next season he will no longer have a contract with you, is my question
Rio Rocha
(Kumpulan Rookie - 87)

Negara:
Amerika Syarikat 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #491 dikirim Mac 7 2019, 02:51:31 (terakhir disunting Mac 7 2019, 02:53:59 oleh Timothy Widholm) Sebut 
He is done at the end of this season.

So I can only extend a contract once?

How do I keep a driver for awhile?
Florencia Caro
(Kumpulan Amateur - 69)

Krew GPRO
  Negara:
Argentina 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #492 dikirim Mac 7 2019, 02:58:58 (terakhir disunting Mac 7 2019, 03:01:00 oleh Florencia Caro) Sebut 
Quote ( Rio Rocha @ March 7th 2019,02:51:31 )

So I can only extend a contract once?

You can only have 2 contracts at a given time. You already have 2 contracts now, one running out in 12 races and the second running out 1 race after.

In order to make it to next season, you should have chosen a longer second contract, instead of 1 race, the 2/3/5 races options would have made the trick. After that, you could have managed a 17 races extension keeping OA at or under 110, if that new contract was signed at Amateur.
Rio Rocha
(Kumpulan Rookie - 87)

Negara:
Amerika Syarikat 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #493 dikirim Mac 7 2019, 18:32:19 Sebut 
Thanks for your help! So to summarize 1 race contracts are a poor choice since you can't extend them further? Can you explain the 2/3/5 races option?
Florencia Caro
(Kumpulan Amateur - 69)

Krew GPRO
  Negara:
Argentina 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (1)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #494 dikirim Mac 7 2019, 18:41:25 Sebut 
Quote ( Rio Rocha @ March 7th 2019,18:32:19 )

Thanks for your help! So to summarize 1 race contracts are a poor choice since you can't extend them further? Can you explain the 2/3/5 races option?

Depends on the situation, a 1 race extension may work or not. In this particular case I see it as a poor choice, Rio; as it implied you will not have the driver under contract when next season begins, that's why I presented the 2/3/5 races extension options as better alternatives.

16 (current contract) + 5 (new contract) would mean you'd have that driver under contract until R4 next season ends; giving you season reset, R1, R2, R3 and pre R4 as opportunities to re-sign the driver and managing OA. Here I'm assuming you will promote to Ama and you'd need to work OA to fit Ama cap, 110OA.
Rio Rocha
(Kumpulan Rookie - 87)

Negara:
Amerika Syarikat 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #495 dikirim Mac 8 2019, 16:19:52 Sebut 
I appreciate your help Florencia.
Mike Till
(Kumpulan Rookie - 165)

Kiriman: 7
  Negara:
Vietnam 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #496 dikirim Mac 29 2019, 15:08:07 Sebut 
Looking for a mentor to guide me with pit stops and other small issues to make me not finishing 2 to 3 laps from the back marker....thanks
Miel Soeterbroek
(Kumpulan Master - 3)

Kiriman: 3107
  Negara:
Belanda 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #497 dikirim Mac 29 2019, 15:09:39 Sebut 
@Mike: /gb/forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=20521#scroll
Daniel Mendes
(Kumpulan Rookie - 162)

Kiriman: 41
  Negara:
Brazil 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #498 dikirim Ogo 7 2019, 20:49:28 (terakhir disunting Ogo 7 2019, 20:50:30 oleh Daniel Mendes) Sebut 
It's very likely that I am not getting promoted this season, unfortunately.

Few factors will actually play into this:

- I started playing the game only from the 4th race on of season 71;
- My first races were awful since I was trying to set up the car like a madman, strategy was beyond terrible;
- I was offered mentoring from race 8 to 9, which literally took me from finising in places 14/14/13/14/15th to finishing 7/12puncture/6/5th.

I am much more confident now with how the game is played, and how important proper setups, drivers (and other things that many rookies overlook) are, but unfortunately I do not think I will be able to finish in a top 4 position this season. I have not even covered 1% of all the knowledge and experience there is to get, but I have progressed dramatically due to the fact that I am now part of a team and have people providing insight, dedicating time and patience to us, Rookies.

A couple of questions to the more experienced players in the game:

How has your experience been as far as how many seasons it took you to get to Amateur?
Is there anything Rookie players don't give importance or overlook you think should definitely be mentioned here?

I appreciate all your help.

Regards,
Daniel
Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo
(Kumpulan Pro - 1)

Kiriman: 2729
  Negara:
Mexico 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #499 dikirim Ogo 7 2019, 21:05:15 Sebut 
Quote ( Daniel Mendes @ August 7th 2019,20:49:28 )

How has your experience been as far as how many seasons it took you to get to Amateur?

Well for me it only took one, but it all depends on how much you learn and grasp the game and everybody handles it differently, personally I did it in a strange way that maybe can't work 60 seasons later,nevertheless I suffered my first season in Ama.

So don't worry if it takes you longer, just learn the basics, but try to get out in the next season or two, once you get to ama is where the real stuff begins, and you will have to be patient.

Quote ( Daniel Mendes @ August 7th 2019,20:49:28 )

Is there anything Rookie players don't give importance or overlook you think should definitely be mentioned here?

I think the main thing rookies don't look at, is that this is not a racing game, it's a management game with a racing theme.

You need to plan ahead, and write it down, yes with little data it can be sketchy but it is a plan that will improve every season.

If you understand this you will find that things are easy to grasp and will learn about what is best to reach your objective, you will not get frustrated when you don't win a race, because you will have other objectives (both monetary and strategic).
Roland Jakobsson
(Kumpulan Amateur - 90)

Kiriman: 107
  Negara:
Sweden 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (3)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #500 dikirim Ogo 7 2019, 22:29:45 (terakhir disunting Ogo 7 2019, 22:30:22 oleh Roland Jakobsson) Sebut 
I think the main thing people overlook is the importance of grit and determination in this game. Learning step-by-step and planning far ahead is what makes you progress in this game. Most of the guys that handed my ass to me those first seasons in Rookie when I didn't know what I was doing promoted to amateur, found things difficult and then quit the game entirely.

The other thing I would like to say is that relegating is not the end of the world, don't let it get to you if and when it happens. I see lots of people quitting the game because they lose motivation after relegating. Don't! Try to keep your motivation level fairly even both in hardship and success and try to plan a long-time strategy so you don't get tempted to quit the game next time you suffer disappointment.

Remember, as in all online games, for you to have great success that means that someone at the other end must suffer great failure. Experience and grit will make you a better manager and eventually you'll be on the good side of that equation.
Daniel Mendes
(Kumpulan Rookie - 162)

Negara:
Brazil 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #501 dikirim Ogo 8 2019, 02:07:24 (terakhir disunting Ogo 8 2019, 02:07:39 oleh Daniel Mendes) Sebut 
Quote ( Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo @ August 7th 2019,21:05:15 )

You need to plan ahead, and write it down, yes with little data it can be sketchy but it is a plan that will improve every season.

Eduardo, first of all, thank you for your time. Yes, I think that this is a constant advice most experienced players give us... accepting that rookie season(s) are for data gathering instead of winning. I had this concept pretty clear in my mind.

personally I did it in a strange way that maybe can't work 60 seasons later,nevertheless I suffered my first season in Ama.

If you don't mind my insisting, what you think were the areas you "suffered" more with when you were promoted to Amateur?

Thanks again!
Daniel Mendes
(Kumpulan Rookie - 162)

Negara:
Brazil 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #502 dikirim Ogo 8 2019, 02:09:26 Sebut 
Quote ( Roland Jakobsson @ August 7th 2019,22:29:45 )

Remember, as in all online games, for you to have great success that means that someone at the other end must suffer great failure. Experience and grit will make you a better manager and eventually you'll be on the good side of that equation.

Great way of putting it, Roland. I appreciate your input.
Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo
(Kumpulan Pro - 1)

Kiriman: 2729
  Negara:
Mexico 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (2)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #503 dikirim Ogo 8 2019, 04:23:34 Sebut 
Quote ( Daniel Mendes @ August 8th 2019,02:07:24 )

If you don't mind my insisting, what you think were the areas you "suffered" more with when you were promoted to Amateur?

Again this was almost 60 seasons ago (+10 years), and the experience could be a little bit different, than it is today.

First thing there was lot more FOBY at that time,and knowledge of the game was not that widespread. To my knowledge there were no online tools and very few teams had advanced tools.

So even If I had developed my own fuel and tyre calculators, I had very limited data and were not as precise as needed. My data was limited, just two drivers and parts up to level 3

I had very but very basic knowledge of how driver stats affect you and your race.

My strategies were good (even with limited data I was good predicting fuel and tyres) but I normally overfueled and my strategies, that worked pretty well in Rookie but were not adequate for Ama

The car level was very different, I promoted from rookie with a LVL3 car, but at that time AMA had level 4-5 car, the shock was not that bad, but today it would be greatly magnified with LVL 6-7 cars in AMA.

Other things I suffered is that I had no idea of testing (even though I tested in Rookie to learn how to set a car, and help develop my fuel, tyre and early weather calculators) and facilities and did not develop them properly so when I got promoted accidentally to Pro I encountered a wall and relegated in one season.

As I said earlier things have changed, calculators are plenty, some better than others, although I recommend you work things out, so you will see many managers having a good setup without really knowing, Car levels are much bigger now, and people generate more cash in AMA and it is very difficult to relegate, but one thing I know for sure is that the shock of good results in Rookie and dropping to the back in Ama is stronger now,so you have to have a plan, be patient, resist frustration and persevere.

Daniel Mendes
(Kumpulan Rookie - 162)

Negara:
Brazil 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #504 dikirim Ogo 9 2019, 19:04:07 (terakhir disunting Ogo 9 2019, 19:06:19 oleh Daniel Mendes) Sebut 
Quote ( Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo @ August 8th 2019,04:23:34 )

I recommend you work things out, so you will see many managers having a good setup without really knowing, Car levels are much bigger now, and people generate more cash in AMA and it is very difficult to relegate, but one thing I know for sure is that the shock of good results in Rookie and dropping to the back in Ama is stronger now,so you have to have a plan, be patient, resist frustration and persevere.

I appreciate your reply and for the level of detail in it.

I do feel that once you get the hang of the tools for car setup and strategy, even at my level, there is a boost in confidence as a result because your races do get considerably better overall - i.e. my first 4 or 5 races were absolutely terrible as I had no idea of what I was doing trying to set up the car on pure guess, strategies were all over the place etc.

I am sure it's immensely easier now for beginners, and I do appreciate the effort of the players who started very early in the game; in a very solid way, you were the people who paved the way for the game to be as elaborate and precise as it is today.

You touched a subject of major concern for me. The fact that one day I will reach AMA level and higher (here it's hoping) and I may hit a massive brick wall does worry me a lot. I am in love with the game I will keep in mind your advice of persevering. Relegation is definitely not the end of the world, for sure.

Thanks and good luck in today's race in my home country. :)
Yash Parekh
(Kumpulan Rookie - 178)

Kiriman: 1
  Negara:
India 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #505 dikirim Sep 9 2019, 00:28:54 Sebut 
Hello , i just started playing and soon will be taking part in my first race . Ive done the car set up and qualifying but id like to know how to check or find an estimate to how much fuel is required. Thanks for the help
Jay De Snoo
(Kumpulan Amateur - 2)

Kiriman: 928
  Negara:
Belanda 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #506 dikirim Sep 9 2019, 01:08:13 (terakhir disunting Sep 9 2019, 01:11:41 oleh Jay De Snoo) Sebut 
Search the forums mate. I know there is some kind of simplified table somehere since that 's how I started. I would defitnitly provide you a link if I still had it....

Warren Mclaughlin
(Kumpulan Rookie - 135)

Kiriman: 17
  Negara:
Australia 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #507 dikirim Nov 16 2019, 23:19:21 Sebut 
Hello, race set up shows 5 pit stops, do I have to use them all ??
Tibor Szuromi
(Kumpulan Master - 4)

Kiriman: 11906
  Negara:
Hungary 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #508 dikirim Nov 16 2019, 23:25:09 Sebut 
Quote ( Warren Mclaughlin @ November 16th 2019,23:19:21 )

Hello, race set up shows 5 pit stops, do I have to use them all ??
No.
Alex Fletcher
(Kumpulan Rookie - 2)

Kiriman: 4
  Negara:
Kanada 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #509 dikirim Apr 3 2020, 13:37:41 Sebut 

Quote ( Tibor Szuromi @ November 16th 2019,23:25:09 )

Hello, race set up shows 5 pit stops, do I have to use them all ?? No.

To not use them, do you leave the fuel section blank?
Paul Brosnan
(Kumpulan Rookie - 51)

Kiriman: 2143
  Negara:
Ireland 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #510 dikirim Apr 3 2020, 13:39:11 Sebut 
Quote ( Alex Fletcher @ April 3rd 2020,13:37:41 )

Quote ( Tibor Szuromi @ November 16th 2019,23:25:09 )

Hello, race set up shows 5 pit stops, do I have to use them all ?? No.

To not use them, do you leave the fuel section blank?

You don't need to input a value, if you only need to make two pit stops than put the desired amount in the first and second box. If for some reason in the middle of the race you need a third pitstop and you have not specified a quantity then the car will be filled to the level specified in the previous pitstop box.
Halaman « 1 2 3 ... 16 [1718 » Lompat ke halaman:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Newbie forum > New comer survival guide to GPRO Tambah topik ini kepada senarai abai anda Tambah topik ini kepada senarai pemerhatian anda

Balas topik ini