Halaman [12 » Lompat ke halaman:
Pengarang Topik: Interview with Flower :o ! 57 balasan
Mairo Toom
(Kumpulan Amateur - 3)

Kiriman: 12780
  Negara:
Estonia 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (35)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (5)
Kiriman lama #1 dikirim Okt 5 2012, 20:00:01 (terakhir disunting Okt 6 2012, 20:01:13 oleh Mike Becnel) Sebut 
It all did start on a lonely quiet night while Mairo mailed Florencia -
"So, do you want to get it going tonight ? :D"
Florencia was scared and replied with -
"that question sounded very sexy, like you wanted to do something sexy with me tonight"

And some minutes later, we left the room and got it going...

Hi sexy lady :)

Hi Mr Doom :)

First of all, tell everyone who are you and where you come from and with what you earn living. Also, what are your hobbies ?

Just reading to that long question got me bored Mairo, come on, you can do better than that!

Let's make it easier then, please introduce yourself to GPRO community :) Please ?

My full name is María Florencia Caro. As South American people have very long boring names I just use just part of it, Florencia Caro. I like being called Flo, but people here call me Flo, Floi, Hatie, María, Florence and all kind of names :) I live in Argentina, but I don't have a fix residence place. I spend some days of the month at home town, Ituzaingó, some others at my boyfriend's home, at a city called Campana, and some other days at his home town, Rosario.

I work as a consultant, mainly helping implementation of ISO 9001 standard, and also on Marketing, Branding and Sports Management matters. My main clients are non profit organizations.

My main hobby is GPRO of course, but I also enjoy cooking a lot :)

How you found the game, and what kept you playing this wonderful game ?

My boyfriend is playing this game since S18, so he brought me to GPRO world :) At fist I was playing to have fun with him, but then I started talking with people from outside my team. I got some help from them and started improving, so when my Rookie to Ama promotion season was finishing I thought it would be a good idea leaving my old team, meeting new people and try to keep on improving :)

Making new friends was a big part of why I stayed. Realized there's much more than just a game to share here :) The other part is the fact that the game dynamics change all the time and you always have the chance to start over. That made me fall in love with the game. GPRO is always a new game :)

Now, as you did mention it, boyfriend, also we can see from your profile, that you are in a relationship... Do we know him ?

Well, he is a GPRO manager but he's not active in the community, so not many people know him. He's the leader of my first team, Fantástico Racing Team, Andrés Oggero. He's the kind of manager that enjoys playing the game with his co workers and some friends, so he spends little time online and preparing his races. He loves racing games, such as GPL and rFactor 2, so GPRO is not his main online game.

So, your man, if I may call him so owned and still owns if I'm correct a team, and you were part of it, why you left that team then ? :D And now you have found your way to Jaguar Racing, how that happened ?

You are a slow reader Mairo, I already explained why I left his team :) My way to Jaguar was unexpected to be honest. I was at BAL, but the team was having some activity problems. I honestly thought we were gonna get over that... but that never happened :( When Jaguars got a free spot one of my friends advised me to apply. It took me some days to make that decision, but I finally realized that I had to move on and applied to join them :) It was a great decision, cause I could move on, meet new people and still keep in touch with some of my former team mates :)

So Queen of GPRO, when will we see you in Elite, and maybe seeing you as 2nd ever female GPRO champion ? :P

Oh, Mairo, don't start with that, the fact that you want me to be your queen doesn't make me one, you know :P Put your feelings to one side :)

Elite? Well, I'm working hard to be there one day, sure. But I still have a lot to learn and to improve. It's a long way, but I'm having lots of fun while I build my way to the higher leagues of the game :)

Me ? No thanks, not that there is something wrong with you, don't misunderstand, but we all know that Luke Frost has a crush on you, any comments ?

That's something you should ask him about Mairo :) Nothing to see here, move on...

Now, there are surely people who think you are a DA and ain't a female, do you have anything to say them ?

I saw that coming Mairo :D Yes, I also believe there are some members of the community that think I'm a DA or drag :P. It is true I've been asked if I was a dude more than once, but as there were some well known cases of guys using female names/pics I could see the whole picture and understand why they had doubts. It's been some time since I started becoming a part of this community and during that time met lots of people and made some good friends. They all know who I am. I understood some time ago there's no need to shout who/what I am, the ones that really need to know it, already know it ;)

See, I told she is somewhat young nice lady ;)
Btw, how's your monkey living ?

Monkey? No monkeys at home Mairo, I have 3 cats, named Agatha, Daphne and Pu...ffy, yes, Puffy it is :)

GPRO is also like a job for you...
Your liveries and team banners are just brilliant, how did this all start ? Do you make them for everyone who ask, and how much they at all ask ?

Thanks Mairo, but it's just an extra hobby inside this big hobby GPRO is for me. I'm not a graphic designer, just a Corel Draw enthusiast :) It started when I joined Jaguar, they had been discussing Team Livery for months before I joined, so I thought I could give it a try. It took us several weeks to find the right one, but we could finally work it out :) At that time SAF was established and one of my friends joined them, so I designed a livery for them while Jaguars livery project was still open. After that the news has spread and I started getting livery requests.

I always try to work with teams that are committed to the project, cause each project demands me several hours of work due to the technique I use. They need to have 6 supporters of course, provide an idea of what they want and/or be able to work the idea together with me, and be there to provide feedback when needed. I haven't had much time for liveries lately due to RL, but I'm trying to find some time for that again :)

Also, could you tell us what is that mentor program, and how did you got in front of that ?

Mentor Forum was opened to host the Mentor Program. The aim of the program is not only to help newbies understanding the basics of the game but also to give them a warm welcome to the community. It was established by Keri, who soon started asking for a couple of co hosts to help and have 24/7 covered. There was when Erik and I volunteered to help.

I also host a Spanish Language version of the program, which is at Foreign Language Forum. There the community is smaller, but we have also have had lots of successful mentorship assignments finished :)

So you see it as a very good and positive thing, have you had any problems with that and is it possible to improve that system, how ?

Everything is perfectible Mairo, we just need to keep on working. Keri has been collecting some feedback from the people that participated and of course there's a General Chat & Ideas thread where we keep on discussing the system. As this is a 'beta season' we have been flexible on which managers to add as new managers, but we plan to add a few conditions next season.

We got some assignments cancelled due to new managers not login in again. And we also had a few cases of managers with over 200 races under the belt asking for a mentor, specially when Rimantas announced he was free for a new assignment :D But there were no really big problems, it's just a matter of talking to the particular manager and explaining what's the spirit of the Forum :)

Don't freak out now,... :D
If Mark Webster would be your boyfriend and M.Winkley & L.Frost your kids, how would one ordinary day look like ?

A chaos? Filicidal? Saw VIII? XD

Usually people don't like being asked next question, but I sometimes think about it, actually there are so many things, too many...
So, if you knew you were about to die, what would you do ?

I would travel and spend as much time as I can with the people I love and I care about :) And as much money as I can of course :D

We all know there are so many personalities in GPRO, could you share with us some names with who you would like to go out for a drink, and chat ? Why them ?

I've made really good friends in the way, so can't give just a few names Mairo, there are lots of people I would want to meet personally :). Unfortunately, living in South America is an issue, as I can't go to a GPRO meeting due to distance. It would be a good chance to meet interesting people who I share this community with day after day :)

We want names, why aren't you giving any ?

Don't push me to say your name Mairo, I wont! :P

You just did.

Gosh, got me! :P

Isn't it time for some randomness, not that the whole interview isn't one big silly random...
Why is abbreviations such a long word when it means the opposite of long words ?

Everyone likes it long Mairo, that's why :)

What is the most rewarding experience you have had and what made it so ?

Mhmhm, rewarding or fulfilling?

Well if you want it this way, then tell us about your most fulfilling experience :)

Well, yes, as it's not the same for me, rewarding would mean you expect something in return :) The most fulfilling experience in my life has been falling in love, no doubt about it :)

About music, what kind of music do you listen and who are your idols ? Same about movies, what genre movies you mostly watch ? Any favourite ones ?

I love 80's music, I grew up listening to that music at home having a teenage sister :) There were great singers and groups back then, I have no 'idols' but I would highlight Rick Astley's voice, Erasure's style, all the 80's dance music, and the great ballads and power ballads of the decade. No ballads like those anymore :(

I like action movies, some psychological thrillers and comedies. I don't like horror movies, if there's blood, it needs to be justified, like in action movies or thrillers :)

Have you ever won any contest ?

Yup, won some Writing Contests when I was at school, and a few Artistic Roller Skating competitions when I was a teenager :) I won my first pair of Roller Skates in a school draw, that was a lucky day :D

As you went back in time, would you like to share your favourite childhood picture of you with us ?

*ONE, like for real, month later :D But then I saw like ten pictures ;)*

What's the strangest talent you have ?

Multitasking, something men can't do :P

You are wrong there, I can multitask also ;P
Anyway, if electricity comes from electrons, does morality comes from morons ?

Morón is a city near my home town, let me go here and ask if there are some Morons :). https://maps.google.com.ar/maps/place?ftid=0x95bcc76f57e3be0...

Do you believe God has a sense of humor ? Why ?

Of course he has, your hair cut proves it!

Okay, about 75% of community want to know, What drives you crazy ?

I don't believe in your statistics Mairo, 87.6% of the people know they are not useful!

And we are getting near the end, any tips you want to give for newbies without revealing FOBY information ? :)

GPRO has very rich forums and lots of info available. Search the forums, and try some benchmarking, like investigating on unemployed drivers that earned their owners a promotion last season :) Use imagination ;)

Final question. Any subliminal or additional messages you would like to add ?

Mhmhmh, the other day I bumped Mentor Forum Sign Up thread more or less this way:

Is that the sound of mentors and new mentors running to the Mentor Forum to take assignments what I'm listening to? :P

Aaah, it was a blast to do it, I hope you all will enjoy the outcome :)

And now, some notes I made –
„I also sleep, some people think I 'm a chat bot but I am not!! :P“
„I hate you“
I had to **** myself once also (O.o)
One mail per two hours in her mailbox is normal.
She don’t like attention, so leave her alone.
„You bastard“
Her house is too big, she can’t find anything.

But all this was taken as a joke, it was fun :D

Some comments from her teammates -
Lee Harding -
She is the most sensible manager within our team and does well to keep us on topic and offers hugs to cheer up our team members on bad race days.
Her English and spelling is much better than mine. She is like my GPRO version of spell check.
She is very good at baking an Argentinian pie called Pasta Frola http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pastafrola

Martin Jones -
She's great, i mean she puts up with my sexist and stupid youtube videos and posts i put up :)

Shes really warm and compassionate just what you want from a female GPROer, she doesn't just try to overcompensate things instead she just embraces everything.

She wants to help with everything she can :)

Roland Postle -
Um, she's the second bestest Mum I ever had :D

Jan Pavlicek -
Flo is one of the best things that has happened to Jaguar ever since I joined. She adds so much energy, positive attitude, even game knowledge and contributes beyond anyone's expectations. I am really proud to be her team mate

Shoaib Mohamed -
She fancies herself as the mum of the team, which is a good thing. Bless her soul :)

Craig Templeman -
As a fellow team member of Flo's I feel that we as a team have a very bright future. Flo is one of the best female players in the game and I feel that she has the potential to become the next female champion. Whether she is designing liveries, being a mentor, or her all round work-ethic. It is not only Flo's enthusiasm to learn new things, but also to help others, that separates her from the rest.

Flo, I hope you go on and prove, what we as a team believe.

Mod edit: Topic title changed on request of ye old author.
Janne Väänänen
(Kumpulan Master - 2)

Kiriman: 4888
  Negara:
Finland 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (0)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (1)
Kiriman lama #2 dikirim Okt 5 2012, 20:00:45 (terakhir disunting Okt 5 2012, 20:02:08 oleh Janne Väänänen) Sebut 
great interview!

have pre-read it so shush :p
Nazir Ali
(Kumpulan Rookie - 133)

Kiriman: 2364
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (1)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #3 dikirim Okt 5 2012, 20:01:45 Sebut 
Took 44s to read. :) :D
Dominik Karda
(Kumpulan Rookie - 20)

Kiriman: 5429
  Negara:
Republik Czech 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (2)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (3)
Kiriman lama #4 dikirim Okt 5 2012, 20:02:09 Sebut 
What a long mail.

Nice interview, next up me? :P
Alex Johnson
(Kumpulan Amateur - 26)

Kiriman: 330
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #5 dikirim Okt 5 2012, 20:02:34 Sebut 
LOL, very good :D
Gareth Love
(Kumpulan Pro - 6)

Kiriman: 1593
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (1)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (1)
Kiriman lama #6 dikirim Okt 5 2012, 20:09:52 Sebut 
Great read :)
Alex Johnson
(Kumpulan Amateur - 26)

Kiriman: 330
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (0)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (5)
Kiriman lama #7 dikirim Okt 5 2012, 20:12:50 (terakhir disunting Okt 5 2012, 20:13:10 oleh Alex Johnson) Sebut 
Quote ( Dominik Karda @ October 5th 2012,20:02:09 )

Nice interview, next up me? :P
No chance, he'll choose the ultimate GPROer...

ME :P
Florencia Caro
(Kumpulan Amateur - 31)

Krew GPRO
Kiriman: 17148
  Negara:
Argentina 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (12)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (1)
Kiriman lama #8 dikirim Okt 5 2012, 20:22:44 Sebut 
For the ones asking pics of me naked, here you are :)
Abhishek Kankonkar
(Kumpulan Amateur - 44)

Kiriman: 294
  Negara:
India 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #9 dikirim Okt 5 2012, 20:23:08 Sebut 
Nice Interview.....:)
Vlado Rosić-Milinković
(Kumpulan Amateur - 5)

Kiriman: 1438
  Negara:
Bosnia-Herzegovina 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (3)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #10 dikirim Okt 5 2012, 20:23:19 Sebut 
Remove the nude pictures please.
Mairo Toom
(Kumpulan Amateur - 3)

Negara:
Estonia 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #11 dikirim Okt 5 2012, 20:26:16 Sebut 
Quote ( Vlado Rosić-Milinković @ October 5th 2012,20:23:19 )

Remove the nude pictures please.

In this case you don't want to see those other pictures she showed me :D
Petrus Taskila
(Kumpulan Amateur - 51)

Kiriman: 1772
  Negara:
Finland 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (0)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #12 dikirim Okt 5 2012, 21:05:51 Sebut 
Mairo said next interview is about me.
Stefan Kapteyn
(Kumpulan Amateur - 22)

Kiriman: 18
  Negara:
Belanda 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (1)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (1)
Kiriman lama #13 dikirim Okt 5 2012, 21:22:50 Sebut 
"I hate you", "You bastard" :p

Nice questions,Mairo...
You're becoming a legend,Flo...
Good work,great interview!

Bravo! ;)
Jacob Webb
(Kumpulan Amateur - 58)

Kiriman: 131
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #14 dikirim Okt 5 2012, 21:49:15 Sebut 
Great interview, very enjoyable to read :)
Pablo Navarrete
(Kumpulan Elite)

Kiriman: 1315
  Negara:
Argentina 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (2)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #15 dikirim Okt 5 2012, 22:36:18 Sebut 
Really nice read guys, tks Flo/Mairo for your time/work :)
Robert Mclaren
(Kumpulan Amateur - 22)

Kiriman: 4311
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #16 dikirim Okt 5 2012, 22:46:54 Sebut 
Nice read,I throughly enjoyed the interview:)
Ron Lefebvre
(Kumpulan Amateur - 55)

Kiriman: 460
  Negara:
Kanada 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #17 dikirim Okt 5 2012, 23:20:42 Sebut 
Well done on both your efforts, very interesting read. Now we all know a little bit more about Flo (mum) !
Håkan Ferm
(Kumpulan Pro - 13)

Kiriman: 10576
  Negara:
Sweden 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #18 dikirim Okt 6 2012, 01:38:03 Sebut 
Great!

"Flo" is more Known now!

:)
Jensen Owens
(Kumpulan Amateur - 52)

Kiriman: 6400
  Negara:
Wales 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #19 dikirim Okt 6 2012, 02:14:29 Sebut 
Great :-)
Rafael León
(Kumpulan Master - 2)

Kiriman: 240
  Negara:
Venezuela 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #20 dikirim Okt 6 2012, 02:24:55 Sebut 
Awesomee Interview mairoo.. jajaja Flo wiill be more popular than she is already... hahaahaa Flo, Brilliant Answers.. like always *cheers*
Asim Akram
(Kumpulan Amateur - 9)

Kiriman: 683
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #21 dikirim Okt 6 2012, 02:29:57 Sebut 
Great read now we know more about Flo :)
Florencia Caro
(Kumpulan Amateur - 31)

Krew GPRO
Kiriman: 17148
  Negara:
Argentina 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #22 dikirim Okt 6 2012, 02:32:32 Sebut 
Quote ( Asim Akram @ October 6th 2012,02:29:57 )

Great read now we know more about Flo :)

Who? :O
Håkan Ferm
(Kumpulan Pro - 13)

Kiriman: 10576
  Negara:
Sweden 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (0)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (2)
Kiriman lama #23 dikirim Okt 6 2012, 02:44:24 (terakhir disunting Okt 6 2012, 02:47:10 oleh Håkan Ferm) Sebut 
Censored.......

Andres Oggero
(Kumpulan Amateur - 35)

Kiriman: 19
  Negara:
Argentina 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (5)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #24 dikirim Okt 6 2012, 03:53:39 Sebut 
That's my girl!!!!

Love you, honey!!!
Janarthanan Siva Kumar
(Kumpulan Amateur - 3)

Kiriman: 685
  Negara:
India 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #25 dikirim Okt 6 2012, 11:05:16 Sebut 
Good interview.

I was actually thinking of interviewing her by this weekend.But You,Mairo just did it before me.
Dominik Karda
(Kumpulan Rookie - 20)

Kiriman: 5429
  Negara:
Republik Czech 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #26 dikirim Okt 6 2012, 14:53:06 Sebut 
Quote ( Florencia Caro @ October 6th 2012,02:32:32 )

Who? :O
I thought... it's about a flower. I don't know which.
Frederico Neves1
(Kumpulan Pro - 13)

Kiriman: 5440
  Negara:
Portugal 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #27 dikirim Okt 6 2012, 15:07:30 Sebut 
That's a great interview. Well done fot both, Mairo and Flo ;o)
Kevin Forster
(Kumpulan Amateur - 33)

Kiriman: 751
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #28 dikirim Okt 6 2012, 15:19:56 (terakhir disunting Okt 6 2012, 15:20:47 oleh Kevin Forster) Sebut 
Great interview, Flo is, without doubt, one of the best people I have met in the community.
But guys be wary she is one smart cookie and can be feisty. :D
Told me off more than once while designing our logo and livery, in a very nice way of course.

Quote ( Mairo Toom @ October 5th 2012,20:00:01 )

Usually people don't like being asked next question, but I sometimes think about it, actually there are so many things, too many...
So, if you knew you were about to die, what would you do ?

What a great question Mairo.
Gonçalo Dias
(Kumpulan Amateur - 44)

Kiriman: 1668
  Negara:
Portugal 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #29 dikirim Okt 6 2012, 15:56:47 Sebut 
Quote ( Mairo Toom @ October 5th 2012,20:00:01 )

Do you believe God has a sense of humor ? Why ?

Of course he has, your hair cut proves it!

Ouch! Good one! ;)

Great interview, anyway, it couldn't be a bad one with such a great person like Flo!
Mairo Toom
(Kumpulan Amateur - 3)

Negara:
Estonia 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #30 dikirim Okt 6 2012, 20:02:23 Sebut 
Quote ( Gonçalo Dias @ October 6th 2012,15:56:47 )

Ouch! Good one! ;)

I did burst laughing also, when I got that reply :D
Halaman [12 » Lompat ke halaman:

Balas topik ini