Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Suggestions forum > Salary cap for rookie drivers Tambah topik ini kepada senarai abai anda Tambah topik ini kepada senarai pemerhatian anda
Halaman [12 3 » Lompat ke halaman:
Pengarang Topik: Salary cap for rookie drivers 63 balasan
Luke Frost
(Kumpulan Pro - 20)

Kiriman: 11111
  Negara:
Australia 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (17)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (2)
Kiriman lama #1 dikirim Apr 8 2014, 09:10:20 Sebut 
This is a very, very simple suggestion and one which will save a lot of new and possibly ambitious players from retiring because they didn't properly understand the long-term management side of GPRO in their first days.

Just look at this list /gb/Stats.asp?type=payeddrivers#scroll
76 rookie managers feature in this statistic. IMO, 100% of them wont be playing GPRO in 6 months if they keep those drivers and don't start from scratch.

I am not sure what an acceptable salary cap would be, but I am very confident that it will go a long way in helping aggressive new players learn about the game the way they should; by simply not spending money on parts and/or using so many risks. At the moment, these current 76 managers don't have a chance to be rewarded for learning as they will still have a massive salary to pay.
Sumedh Sankhe
(Kumpulan Amateur - 47)

Kiriman: 111
  Negara:
India 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (0)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #2 dikirim Apr 8 2014, 09:12:18 Sebut 
Wow! 25k!
Christopher Raemisch
(Kumpulan Rookie - 399)

Kiriman: 95
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #3 dikirim Apr 8 2014, 09:18:04 Sebut 
That's not 25k, that's 25 million ;)
Serhiy Kamkov
(Kumpulan Amateur - 29)

Kiriman: 159
  Negara:
Ukraine 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #4 dikirim Apr 8 2014, 09:29:46 (terakhir disunting Apr 8 2014, 09:41:25 oleh Serhiy Kamkov) Sebut 
That's 25kk )
Steven Burns
(Kumpulan Amateur - 102)

Kiriman: 67
  Negara:
Filipina 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (0)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (1)
Kiriman lama #5 dikirim Apr 8 2014, 09:32:55 Sebut 
I agree with a cap. It also destroys some real potential drivers who forever want unrealistic salaries...
Grant Crouch
(Kumpulan Rookie - 408)

Kiriman: 395
  Negara:
Amerika Syarikat 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #6 dikirim Apr 8 2014, 09:38:21 Sebut 
I don't know how to feel about a cap. On one hand, like Steven said, it would help minimize the damage done to potential quality drivers because of a ridiculous salary. On the other hand, implementing a cap will not teach the managers anything as they will always try to offer the cap. On top of that, if more than one competing manager offers the cap to a rookie driver, who would get the driver and how would that be determined?
Al Manokha
(Kumpulan Rookie - 348)

Kiriman: 367
  Negara:
Ukraine 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #7 dikirim Apr 8 2014, 09:41:04 Sebut 
set up 2mln cap.
30|35 mln is given at the season start - that means you'll spend all of them on driver - which is also nonsense but anyway better than current situation
Charlie Seaton
(Kumpulan Rookie - 209)

Kiriman: 31
  Negara:
Australia 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #8 dikirim Apr 8 2014, 09:45:03 Sebut 
Well Grant, it does look at bonus's and all that as well, but in saying that you would have to cap the lot.

It is ridiculous the amount people offer. That 25mil one is from an ex pro group member so go figure? Maybe accidental put an extra 0.. or two.

Maybe any rookie trying to offer over 1,6mil (which is still quite high) should then after clicking "submit offer" goes to another screen stating to check rookie guides and all that. Pretty much hand feeding them that it is a bad idea.
Luke Frost
(Kumpulan Pro - 20)

Negara:
Australia 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #9 dikirim Apr 8 2014, 09:45:05 (terakhir disunting Apr 8 2014, 09:51:37 oleh Luke Frost) Sebut 
I would imagine it would run as usual (winning, podium and points salaries * races under contract) and if all is equal, then what's so bad about giving preference to who comes first?

In my opinion, it will show the new players that this is a thinking man's game and the cap is the maximum amount they should be offering. With no 'minimum' cap, I can see more newer players saving themselves by prioritising salary price over names, etc
Yug Desai3
(Kumpulan Amateur - 6)

Kiriman: 1167
  Negara:
India 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (5)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #10 dikirim Apr 8 2014, 09:56:38 Sebut 
There is a cap and its 25 mil.
Serhiy Kamkov
(Kumpulan Amateur - 29)

Kiriman: 159
  Negara:
Ukraine 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (6)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #11 dikirim Apr 8 2014, 09:58:09 Sebut 
For example.
You need to have money at least for 10 driver's salaries.
So, if you offer your driver 5m, 10 * 5m = 50m, and you have only 35m, he will refuse. Only do it for Rookie of course. Then the maximum salary for Rookie will be ~ 2.5 - 3 million.

Christopher Batchlor
(Kumpulan Rookie - 404)

Kiriman: 1227
  Negara:
Amerika Syarikat 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #12 dikirim Apr 8 2014, 10:05:11 Sebut 
I think it's a good idea on paper, but such caps only promote chaos and complaints no matter how you slice it. It then becomes a matter of who has the best resources, parts and money and who makes the offer first, in my opinion.
Daniel Douglas
(Kumpulan Amateur - 54)

Kiriman: 3806
  Negara:
Amerika Syarikat 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #13 dikirim Apr 8 2014, 10:13:42 Sebut 
Quote ( Serhiy Kamkov @ April 8th 2014,09:58:09 )

For example.
You need to have money at least for 10 driver's salaries.
So, if you offer your driver 5m, 10 * 5m = 50m, and you have only 35m, he will refuse. Only do it for Rookie of course. Then the maximum salary for Rookie will be ~ 2.5 - 3 million.

I like this idea, it makes a lot of sense.

Quote ( Christopher Batchlor @ April 8th 2014,10:05:11 )

I think it's a good idea on paper, but such caps only promote chaos and complaints no matter how you slice it. It then becomes a matter of who has the bestrces, parts and money and who makes the offer first, in my opinion.

Honestly, it doesnt really matter much at salaries over 3 mil in rookie. Those guys are pretty much destined for failure. By limiting salary to about 3 or 4 mil, at least they would have a fighting chance at learning you can't have too high a salary. Managers that end up with 10+ mil contract almost always quit.
Al Manokha
(Kumpulan Rookie - 348)

Kiriman: 367
  Negara:
Ukraine 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #14 dikirim Apr 8 2014, 10:15:24 Sebut 
even 2mln offer never would make any sense in Rookie and its not battle between who would make the quickest max.cap offer - there are also things like term of contract, bonuses....
Nigel Hawken
(Kumpulan Amateur - 63)

Kiriman: 2071
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #15 dikirim Apr 8 2014, 10:16:45 Sebut 
I want to be paid £25M.

Would not work for Toygun though on only £3M.
Tomek Kiełpiński
(Kumpulan Master - 4)

Kiriman: 5682
  Negara:
Poland 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (8)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #16 dikirim Apr 8 2014, 10:20:05 Sebut 
How about an additional confirmation box after a 2M+ bid?

Something like: "Such a high bid could ruin your budget. Are you sure that you want to do it? [yes/no]"
Aaron Hughes
(Kumpulan Pro - 3)

Kiriman: 1565
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #17 dikirim Apr 8 2014, 11:07:24 Sebut 
I was paying $3mil+ per race for my driver back in the day, and it taught me a lesson. A cap could hide that lesson
Alex Nikodem-Wing
(Kumpulan Amateur - 98)

Kiriman: 1744
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #18 dikirim Apr 8 2014, 11:16:52 Sebut 
good salary caps in my views would be

rookie - 3 million
amateur - 5milion
pro + you should know by now what salary to pay :)

however I don't think this should be a forced cap just a pop up message saying 'this salary is very high do you want to reconsider?'
António Rebelo
(Kumpulan Rookie - 98)

Kiriman: 4233
  Negara:
Portugal 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #19 dikirim Apr 8 2014, 11:19:01 (terakhir disunting Apr 8 2014, 11:19:20 oleh António Rebelo) Sebut 
Quote ( Alex Nikodem-Wing @ April 8th 2014,11:16:52 )

rookie - 3 million
amateur - 5 million

Rookie - 2 million
Amateur - 3 million

Imho, ofc
Paul Williams
(Kumpulan Amateur - 88)

Kiriman: 435
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (2)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #20 dikirim Apr 8 2014, 11:21:34 Sebut 
I dont think a cap is the answer as said above people will just offer the cap thinking that's the best way. All people really need to do is take a look at elite and see what they are paying for what you could argue are the best drivers and go from their. Personally I'm paying more than I would like for my driver and he is under 1 million per race. But if it helps to stop people leaving after going miles into debt and giving up then maybe it's worth a try.
Nikolay Ivanov
(Kumpulan Master - 4)

Kiriman: 798
  Negara:
Bulgaria 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #21 dikirim Apr 8 2014, 11:24:16 (terakhir disunting Apr 8 2014, 11:24:54 oleh Nikolay Ivanov) Sebut 
But wouldn't that ruin the fun in the market madness forum? :P

I don't think you need a cap, but maybe a warning message if you offer more than 3million with an Yes/No option. At least that would protect the people who typed one more 0 by mistake.

Another thing is - why rookies and amateurs can make 4 offers like the other groups? They can't get TDs so 2 offers should be enough for them, that would cut down on the market madness a little bit.
Robert Luts
(Kumpulan Pro - 17)

Kiriman: 203
  Negara:
Estonia 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #22 dikirim Apr 8 2014, 11:46:21 Sebut 
This game offers quite a mental pressure for some individuals.
Stijn Everaerts
(Kumpulan Rookie - 333)

Kiriman: 1269
  Negara:
Belgium 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #23 dikirim Apr 8 2014, 11:56:29 Sebut 
our polesitter pays 3.75M so maybe he is worth it? :)
Stefan Voggenreither
(Pentadbir)

Krew GPRO
Kiriman: 6818
  Negara:
Jerman 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (1)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #24 dikirim Apr 8 2014, 12:03:33 Sebut 
Quote ( Nikolay Ivanov @ April 8th 2014,11:24:16 )

I don't think you need a cap, but maybe a warning message if you offer more than 3million with an Yes/No option. At least that would protect the people who typed one more 0 by mistake.

Such a warning already exists. It gets displayed if you offer more than five times what a driver asked for as his salary.
Luke Frost
(Kumpulan Pro - 20)

Negara:
Australia 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #25 dikirim Apr 8 2014, 12:21:26 (terakhir disunting Apr 8 2014, 12:22:38 oleh Luke Frost) Sebut 
Quote ( Stefan Voggenreither @ April 8th 2014,12:03:33 )

Such a warning already exists. It gets displayed if you offer more than five times what a driver asked for as his salary.

So even if a rookie manager offers $25M for a driver who's asking for $9M, the system will let it happen?
Tomek Kiełpiński
(Kumpulan Master - 4)

Kiriman: 5682
  Negara:
Poland 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #26 dikirim Apr 8 2014, 12:21:40 (terakhir disunting Apr 8 2014, 12:23:59 oleh Tomek Kiełpiński) Sebut 
Quote ( Stijn Everaerts @ April 8th 2014,11:56:29 )

our polesitter pays 3.75M so maybe he is worth it? :)

Certainly not. One of the fastest rookie managers in Q standings pays 0,271M :-P

Quote ( Stefan Voggenreither @ April 8th 2014,12:03:33 )

So implementing another one, telling rookies to reconsider 2M$, wouldn't be an issue? ;-)
Jay Caulls
(Kumpulan Amateur - 110)

Kiriman: 541
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #27 dikirim Apr 8 2014, 12:26:28 Sebut 
If there is already a warning and people are still offering crazy amounts, does that not tell you all that the message isn't really as effective as it could be?

A cap would be great for Rookie, not just on wages, but the bonuses too.

I was thinking a 2 mill cap, with bonuses no more than 500k. If somebody bids the max and somebody does the same, then the first one get's it. Have that written in the rules so if they want to complain about it? Tough.

And instead of having the warning for 5 times the amount, have it to 3, so that those who DO read and listen to messages offer even more sensible amounts.
Kevin Mcferrin
(Kumpulan Amateur - 67)

Kiriman: 1792
  Negara:
Amerika Syarikat 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #28 dikirim Apr 8 2014, 12:31:37 Sebut 
Quote ( Luke Frost @ April 8th 2014,09:10:20 )

Just look at this list /gb/Stats.asp?type=payeddrivers#scroll
76 rookie managers feature in this statistic. IMO, 100% of them wont be playing GPRO in 6 months if they keep those drivers and don't start from scratch.

Top of the list is Geir Pukk...not a superstar manager, but one who's definitely been around for enough seasons to know better. Unless he's just screwing around...

Quote ( Grant Crouch @ April 8th 2014,09:38:21 )

I don't know how to feel about a cap. On one hand, like Steven said, it would help minimize the damage done to potential quality drivers because of a ridiculous salary. On the other hand, implementing a cap will not teach the managers anything as they will always try to offer the cap. On top of that, if more than one competing manager offers the cap to a rookie driver, who would get the driver and how would that be determined?

The problem with the idea of a cap is that it has to be high enough for someone to be able to hire an expensive driver while still being low enough to prevent people from making catastrophic mistakes. I think that anything that meets the first criteria will still allow drivers to be "ruined" due to player ignorance. But you're right, an inexperienced manager who thinks that the only way to win is to sign an 85OA driver is probably going to always bid a ruinous amount of money no matter what the cap is.

Honestly, while we all find the Market Madness thread at least mildly entertaining, the reality is that it only affects a few drivers at the very top of the Rookie OA range. There are still plenty of quality drivers on the second and later pages. The bigger issue is with prospective new players who ruin their first season of play before they even get started.
Jay Caulls
(Kumpulan Amateur - 110)

Kiriman: 541
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (1)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #29 dikirim Apr 8 2014, 12:37:32 (terakhir disunting Apr 8 2014, 12:38:24 oleh Jay Caulls) Sebut 
Then why not a salary cap for a players first 3 seasons in Gpro?

By then a player will know more about finances to make the right decision.

If they aren't going to stay long and bid the cap, then the damage will be limited
MG van Rensburg
(Kumpulan Pro - 3)

Kiriman: 1718
  Negara:
Afrika Selatan 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #30 dikirim Apr 8 2014, 12:44:50 Sebut 
Um... havent really read the thread past OP. I do aplogise. But anybody actually looking at the managers histories? Alot of these rookies being referred to aren't exactly new to the game.
Halaman [12 3 » Lompat ke halaman:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Suggestions forum > Salary cap for rookie drivers Tambah topik ini kepada senarai abai anda Tambah topik ini kepada senarai pemerhatian anda

Balas topik ini