Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Bug forum > Why did my driver race? Tambah topik ini kepada senarai abai anda Tambah topik ini kepada senarai pemerhatian anda
Halaman [12 » Lompat ke halaman:
Pengarang Topik: Why did my driver race? 44 balasan
Christopher Henderson
(Kumpulan Rookie - 232)

Kiriman: 5
  Negara:
Amerika Syarikat 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (0)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #1 dikirim Okt 8 2014, 01:12:23 Sebut 
I'm rather confused here--I never ran Q2 and thus expected that I would not compete in the final race, as I had not set a starting fuel load. I was trying to get to -$15MM to crash my driver's motivation, but by virtue of running the race he took in a decent amount of prize money and pushed me over that line. I can find nothing in the rules, newbie guide, or FAQ that indicates you will run (or even be able to run) the race if you don't complete Q2, i.e. nothing about a default starting fuel load. My driver's OA ending up dropping to 86, but he still has 40 motivation and my balance is not sufficiently negative for that to drop to 0 on the update. Is this an error? Thanks,

Chris
Kuba Gaca
(Kumpulan Amateur - 117)

Kiriman: 112
  Negara:
Poland 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #2 dikirim Okt 8 2014, 01:16:25 Sebut 
I know when you drive Q1 you automatic in race with fuel and settings from Q1.
Sorry for english, bye.
Christopher Henderson
(Kumpulan Rookie - 232)

Negara:
Amerika Syarikat 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #3 dikirim Okt 8 2014, 01:17:23 Sebut 
There is no fuel selection in Q1 though.
Kevin Abdalla
(Kumpulan Pro - 9)

Kiriman: 254
  Negara:
Kanada 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (5)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #4 dikirim Okt 8 2014, 01:18:39 (terakhir disunting Okt 8 2014, 01:19:09 oleh Kevin Abdalla) Sebut 
In Season 39, they made an update and listed in the announcements. I don't know where else it may be listed and I'm not sure how to properly quote it, but from Vladimir:

We have also done a change regarding Q2. In case a manager has completed Q1, but didn't manage to complete Q2, he will still be allowed to race, but will start from the back of the grid, using the setup from Q1 and a default fuel load of 80 liters for the first stint.

/gb/ViewAnnouncements.asp?Page=1
Kuba Gaca
(Kumpulan Amateur - 117)

Kiriman: 112
  Negara:
Poland 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #5 dikirim Okt 8 2014, 01:21:47 Sebut 
O this is what i find seconds ago and but Kevin is faster :)
Gonzalo Eguia
(Kumpulan Rookie - 373)

Kiriman: 340
  Negara:
Argentina 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (2)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #6 dikirim Okt 8 2014, 04:38:07 Sebut 
if you didnt want to race, why did you do Q1?
Florencia Caro
(Kumpulan Elite)

Krew GPRO
Kiriman: 17148
  Negara:
Argentina 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #7 dikirim Okt 8 2014, 04:54:16 Sebut 
Quote ( Gonzalo Eguia @ October 8th 2014,04:38:07 )

He did state he did not know about the modification in Q1-Q2 regarding starting the race. I'm not sure why you ask this.

Even it is in the announcements, it certainly needs to be included in other sections of the reading material for newbies, as rules/wiki for sure.

#Wikitag
#Rulestag
Gonzalo Eguia
(Kumpulan Rookie - 373)

Negara:
Argentina 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #8 dikirim Okt 8 2014, 05:03:59 Sebut 
Quote ( Florencia Caro @ October 8th 2014,04:54:16 )

Quote ( Gonzalo Eguia @ October 8th 2014,04:38:07 )

He did state he did not know about the modification in Q1-Q2 regarding starting the race. I'm not sure why you ask this.

Even it is in the announcements, it certainly needs to be included in other sections of the reading material for newbies, as rules/wiki for sure.

#Wikitag
#Rulestag

I know he didnt know that, neither do I. But if you dont want to race, why do you do the Q1 then? wich is the purpose?
Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo
(Kumpulan Pro - 22)

Kiriman: 2729
  Negara:
Mexico 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (2)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (1)
Kiriman lama #9 dikirim Okt 8 2014, 05:08:20 Sebut 
Quote ( Gonzalo Eguia @ October 8th 2014,05:03:59 )

I know he didnt know that, neither do I. But if you dont want to race, why do you do the Q1 then? wich is the purpose?

Can I name just a couple

1) Learn how to setup my car
2) Learn how my driver responds to qualification risks
Gonzalo Eguia
(Kumpulan Rookie - 373)

Negara:
Argentina 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (0)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (1)
Kiriman lama #10 dikirim Okt 8 2014, 05:13:22 Sebut 
Quote ( Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo @ October 8th 2014,05:08:20 )

Quote ( Gonzalo Eguia @ October 8th 2014,05:03:59 )

Can I name just a couple

1) Learn how to setup my car
2) Learn how my driver responds to qualification risks

well, he has a lot of others races where he will race and test qualy's stuff, I wouldnt do the Q1 if I dont want to race, even if I dont know that rule named before

Obviusly, I am writting from my own point of view, I mean, thinking what would I do in that case, but of course than he can have other different point of view, like yours
Christopher Henderson
(Kumpulan Rookie - 232)

Negara:
Amerika Syarikat 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (1)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #11 dikirim Okt 8 2014, 06:44:27 Sebut 
OK, as to why I did Q1, it was to gather more data. Nothing in the rules indicated that I would compete in the race because of doing that. I think Florencia stated it best--something like that is a change to the rules of the game, not just an adjustment. If the developers tweak something like fuel comsumption, tyre wear, part wear, etc, then the announcements are fine for that but nothing in the rules of the game even alludes to the fact that I will race if I don't complete Q2. In fact, the rules explicitly state that the fuel load you will use to start the race is that which you use in Q2, which is clearly incorrect in light of this discussion. I don't know if anything can be done here (should I contact the dev team directly regarding this issue?) and if it can't, then I understand. I just think that I made a full effort to read the rules, newbie guide, and FAQs and used a strategy based on that information and it is going to hurt me in the end, which seems rather unfair.
Christopher Henderson
(Kumpulan Rookie - 232)

Negara:
Amerika Syarikat 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (1)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #12 dikirim Okt 8 2014, 06:48:14 Sebut 
Also, I should have thanked Kevin & Kuba for pointing out where the answer to my question could be found--I do appreciate the effort to locate that.
Zeljko Sperlic
(Kumpulan Amateur - 72)

Kiriman: 720
  Negara:
Serbia 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #13 dikirim Okt 8 2014, 06:59:59 (terakhir disunting Okt 8 2014, 07:00:26 oleh Zeljko Sperlic) Sebut 
Past setups availability & Q2 changes
In case you were not a GPRO supporter from your first race and miss some of the past setups data from your early races in the game, you can now unlock the data from these races in the Past setups section. When you unlock a past setup from such a race all data will be included, just as if you were supporter when the race took place.

We have also done a change regarding Q2. In case a manager has completed Q1, but didn't manage to complete Q2, he will still be allowed to race, but will start from the back of the grid, using the setup from Q1 and a default fuel load of 80 liters for the first stint.

Vladimir Alexandrov

/gb/ViewAnnouncements.asp?Page=1
Ivelin Dobrev
(Kumpulan Pro - 12)

Kiriman: 2455
  Negara:
Kanada 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #14 dikirim Okt 8 2014, 07:08:23 Sebut 
May I just point out that you didn't choose the correct (and easier) way to go deep into negative in order to drop your driver's motivation. Think about it. #FOBY
Matthew Brinson
(Kumpulan Rookie - 232)

Kiriman: 348
  Negara:
Amerika Syarikat 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #15 dikirim Okt 8 2014, 08:17:25 Sebut 
Yeah, once you run a Q lap you're in. No ifs ands or buts, if you fail to post a time it simply throws you to the back as it did to you this race. You can practice all you wish but you can't run a Q1 lap.

It's a good point to bring up though and a learning experience. We've all had them.
Krasimir Ivanov
(Kumpulan Pro - 5)

Kiriman: 725
  Negara:
Bulgaria 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #16 dikirim Okt 8 2014, 09:01:29 Sebut 
Imo this is an oversight from the admins where they changed the rules of the game but didn't update the "Game rules". This is totally unfair to new players as they shouldn't have to read old announcements to understand what the real rules are.
Kenneth Williams
(Kumpulan Rookie - 143)

Kiriman: 164
  Negara:
Wales 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #17 dikirim Okt 8 2014, 09:03:04 (terakhir disunting Okt 8 2014, 09:22:58 oleh Kenneth Williams) Sebut 
I did find that if you dont do Q2,it will add 4 mins to your time,and let you race,but I cant remember where I saw that.
Vladimir Alexandrov
(Pentadbir)

Krew GPRO
Kiriman: 8596
  Negara:
Bulgaria 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (4)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #18 dikirim Okt 8 2014, 10:13:47 Sebut 
Quote ( Krasimir Ivanov @ October 8th 2014,09:01:29 )

Imo this is an oversight from the admins where they changed the rules of the game but didn't update the "Game rules".

Correct. It has been added to the game rules.
Zeljko Sperlic
(Kumpulan Amateur - 72)

Kiriman: 720
  Negara:
Serbia 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #19 dikirim Okt 8 2014, 11:00:34 Sebut 
will Christopher Henderson get his race money deduct from account and driver motivation drop as he didn't race?
Lukas Kvietkauskas
(Kumpulan Amateur - 30)

Kiriman: 939
  Negara:
Lithuania 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #20 dikirim Okt 8 2014, 11:47:46 Sebut 
Quote ( Zeljko Sperlic @ October 8th 2014,11:00:34 )

will Christopher Henderson get his race money deduct from account and driver motivation drop as he didn't race?

I second the question. I think he should get the effect of not starting the race, as this was not his carelessness, but rather admin's
Maxim Kotov2
(Kumpulan Rookie - 95)

Kiriman: 1148
  Negara:
Federasi Russia 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #21 dikirim Okt 8 2014, 13:01:57 Sebut 

I support this decision too. But then, if admins do this, there probably hundred other players show up with the same problem. And it would be very hard to fix it manually for so many ppl.
So I believe there will be no action this time. :-\
Rogerio Pereira
(Kumpulan Pro - 18)

Kiriman: 3346
  Negara:
Brazil 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #22 dikirim Okt 8 2014, 13:32:57 (terakhir disunting Okt 8 2014, 13:33:45 oleh Rogerio Pereira) Sebut 
I think hardly anything from a race that has already been run will be undone. Never seen anything of this kind happen since S20.

It's unfortunate to Chris, but I dont think an exception will be made.
Eric Bolder
(Kumpulan Pro - 18)

Kiriman: 1389
  Negara:
Belanda 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #23 dikirim Okt 8 2014, 13:44:06 Sebut 
Quote ( Lukas Kvietkauskas @ October 8th 2014,11:47:46 )

as this was not his carelessness, but rather admin's

Not really, he could also have went further into the negative.
Kuba Szajbel
(Kumpulan Elite)

Kiriman: 4231
  Negara:
Poland 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #24 dikirim Okt 8 2014, 14:38:45 Sebut 
Nothing was done when the game broke for the final 0,5h before staff market so I doubt anything can be accomplished here. It falls under the paragraph that states "shit happens" I guess...
Christopher Henderson
(Kumpulan Rookie - 232)

Negara:
Amerika Syarikat 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #25 dikirim Okt 9 2014, 05:24:30 Sebut 
That's fair enough. I'm not totally bent out of shape about it or anything--it messed my plans up some, but it's only a game, so I think I'll live. I'm just glad that it got added to the rules so it won't happen again. And in response to Eric, yes I could have gone further into the negative by spending on higher-level car parts but I wanted to get data with a car similar to that which I had been using so I just made sure to get beyond the -$15MM mark and then (theoretically) not compete in the race and thus earn no prize money. I was more than $15MM in debt at the start of the race and my driver's motivation did drop but by running the race it rebounded and left him one point over the OA limit for rookie.
Daniel Douglas
(Kumpulan Pro - 2)

Kiriman: 3806
  Negara:
Amerika Syarikat 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #26 dikirim Okt 9 2014, 05:33:57 Sebut 
Quote ( Christopher Henderson @ October 9th 2014,05:24:30 )

That's fair enough. I'm not totally bent out of shape about it or anything--it messed my plans up some, but it's only a game, so I think I'll live. I'm just glad that it got added to the rules so it won't happen again. And in response to Eric, yes I could have gone further into the negative by spending on higher-level car parts but I wanted to get data with a car similar to that which I had been using so I just made sure to get beyond the -$15MM mark and then (theoretically) not compete in the race and thus earn no prize money. I was more than $15MM in debt at the start of the race and my driver's motivation did drop but by running the race it rebounded and left him one point over the OA limit for rookie.

Never skip races, you need race data too. (Race data will become much more important to you than setup data, and sooner than you think). You also dont want to miss out on the 5mil for completing all races in future seasons.

There are ways of going further in debt (driver offers for example) that will allow you to go so far in debt that there would be no way for you to get back to -15mil

Just a suggestion for the future!
Martin Merisalu
(Kumpulan Pro - 1)

Kiriman: 202
  Negara:
Estonia 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #27 dikirim Okt 9 2014, 07:05:36 Sebut 
Quote ( Christopher Henderson @ October 9th 2014,05:24:30 )

This data which you get only from Q1, is quite "unneeded". Even if you didnt know this Q2 rule, you have a lot ways to go overbudget a lot. Just learn what to train to lower motivation, Go in race and see how fun is to smoke and make about 15 pits, just click and searh for staff section. If you want same stats car q1 data, buy new same parts etc..
So in my point its morw your fault :(
Jason Bach
(Kumpulan Rookie - 58)

Kiriman: 13
  Negara:
Amerika Syarikat 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #28 dikirim Okt 9 2014, 07:10:56 Sebut 
Martin read all the posts!!!
Niels Wolters
(Kumpulan Amateur - 18)

Kiriman: 1834
  Negara:
Belanda 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #29 dikirim Okt 9 2014, 07:13:55 Sebut 
Not wanting to race does not make sence, plan better.
Spend more so you would have easily stayed under 15M
Or race and do very bad on purpose, you would also get data from tyres etc
Jason Bach
(Kumpulan Rookie - 58)

Kiriman: 13
  Negara:
Amerika Syarikat 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #30 dikirim Okt 9 2014, 07:18:58 (terakhir disunting Okt 9 2014, 07:27:48 oleh Jason Bach) Sebut 
All of you are missing the point!!!!

He was well under -15M
No reason to go farther in debt, when in the rules there was nothing stated that that he would start the race

Rule 2.2
"Now you must complete Qualify 2 lap"
Halaman [12 » Lompat ke halaman:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Bug forum > Why did my driver race? Tambah topik ini kepada senarai abai anda Tambah topik ini kepada senarai pemerhatian anda

Balas topik ini